wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Warcraft III Modding > Artist's Corner > Modeling / Animation
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 03-30-2008, 12:41 PM   #1
TDR
♪♫

Modeling & Gallery Moderator

Submissions (84)

TDR has much to be proud of (701)TDR has much to be proud of (701)TDR has much to be proud of (701)TDR has much to be proud of (701)TDR has much to be proud of (701)

Hero Contest #2 - 3rd PlaceConcept art session 6 - Sea dwellersModeling session 3 - Critters

Default Classic D같M models - wip

I wanted to do this like one year ago, but dropped the idea 'cause I thought I should save it for sc2. But now seeing that SuPa- started a Doom 3 model pack, it reminded me of this and I thought I should do it for wc3 anyway. And it would be cool to have both classic and new doom monsters. After all they can be used in other purposes other than doom maps, they blend quite well in any hellish landscape.

MONSTERS 'n shit:
NameModelTextureAnimationPicture
ZombieXXXX
Shotgun ZombieXXXX
Chaingun ZombieXXXX
ImpXXXX
Pinky Demon/SpecterXXXX
Lost SoulXXXX
CacodemonXZoom
Pain ElementalXXXX
RevenantXXXX
Baron of Hell/Hell Knighton hold again...XZoom
MancubusXXXX
ArachnotronXXXX
ArchvileXXXX
Spider MastermindXXXX
CyberdemonXXXX
Icon of SinXXXX
Doom DudeXXXX

I started with the cacodemon, because SuPa- also made the new cacodemon and it reminded me of the old fluffy red ball of carnage. :P
It's not 100% like the original one, I mostly followed my little revised concept:

Zoom (requires log in)

I want to first model and texture all of them and then move on to animating.
I think I'll make the Baron of Hell next, since he's so badass. As they say, tough as a dup truck and nearly as big.

Last edited by TDR : 06-07-2008 at 07:27 PM.
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 03-30-2008, 12:57 PM   #2
Dionesiist
User

Submissions (34)

Dionesiist is just really nice (382)Dionesiist is just really nice (382)Dionesiist is just really nice (382)Dionesiist is just really nice (382)Dionesiist is just really nice (382)

Oh crap, that is seriously badass dude!
But I'll be twice as stunned if you make the Baron of Hell, he's my favourite classic doom monster <3
I'd rep you if I could...
Old 03-30-2008, 01:02 PM   #3
ragingspeedhorn
I MUST BREAK YOU

Official Map Reviewer

Submissions (10)

ragingspeedhorn is a jewel in the rough (211)ragingspeedhorn is a jewel in the rough (211)ragingspeedhorn is a jewel in the rough (211)ragingspeedhorn is a jewel in the rough (211)

Approved Map: Dodge The Wisp Wheels

Send a message via MSN to ragingspeedhorn

Looks badass. Might make a doom map just to see this motherfucker in action.
Old 03-30-2008, 02:06 PM   #4
Vexorian
Free Software Terrorist

Technical Director

Submissions (37)

Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1060)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1060)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1060)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1060)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1060)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1060)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1060)

Hero Contest #3 - 2nd Place

I might as well just return to wc3 map making only as an excuse to use the cacodemon model once you finish it.
Turns your simple code into something that is complicated enough to work.
Faster != more useful
Old 03-30-2008, 02:31 PM   #5
Dwarf Zealot
User

Submissions (7)

Dwarf Zealot will become famous soon enough (28)

no offence to supa but this is like pwnzorz compared to his!

Quote:
Originally Posted by erwtenpeller
practical use is overrated.
Old 03-30-2008, 02:46 PM   #6
Dionesiist
User

Submissions (34)

Dionesiist is just really nice (382)Dionesiist is just really nice (382)Dionesiist is just really nice (382)Dionesiist is just really nice (382)Dionesiist is just really nice (382)

Way different concepts FTW.
Old 03-30-2008, 03:32 PM   #7
Rising_Dusk
Obscurity, the Art

Projects Director
Project Leader: OD

Submissions (27)

Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)

Hero Contest #3 - 1st PlaceApproved Map: Desert of ExileApproved Map: Advent of the ZenithHero Contest #2 - 1st PlaceHero Contest - Third place>

Send a message via AIM to Rising_Dusk Send a message via MSN to Rising_Dusk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexorian
I might as well just return to wc3 map making only as an excuse to use the cacodemon model once you finish it.
TDR, this is the ultimate motivation to finish the model. Vex said he would come back to WC3! :O

Also, my favorite doom model from the original was the mechanical spider with a brain in it and the pulse laser cannons. That and the really fat thingy that had gigantic rocket launchers. So much fun to fight against, man, you've got me wanting to play the game again!
Old 03-30-2008, 03:41 PM   #8
erwtenpeller
*****istrator

Art Director

Submissions (35)

erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (922)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (922)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (922)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (922)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (922)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (922)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (922)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (922)

Skinning Contest 7 ~ Were-AnimalsConcept art session 3 - Dungeon

bad-ass.
Old 03-30-2008, 04:03 PM   #9
TDR
♪♫

Submissions (84)

TDR has much to be proud of (701)TDR has much to be proud of (701)TDR has much to be proud of (701)TDR has much to be proud of (701)TDR has much to be proud of (701)

Hero Contest #2 - 3rd PlaceConcept art session 6 - Sea dwellersModeling session 3 - Critters

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising_Dusk
TDR, this is the ultimate motivation to finish the model. Vex said he would come back to WC3! :O

Also, my favorite doom model from the original was the mechanical spider with a brain in it and the pulse laser cannons. That and the really fat thingy that had gigantic rocket launchers. So much fun to fight against, man, you've got me wanting to play the game again!
you mean the arachnotron and the mancubus :P. I'll get to those eventually, right now I'm making the baron of hell/hell knight.
I made a drawing for the mancubus last summer to have as reference for modeling:

Thanks everyone for the comments! Update coming this evening.

Last edited by TDR : 03-30-2008 at 04:05 PM.
Old 03-30-2008, 04:10 PM   #10
darkwulfv
Alpha Male of Wc3c

Official Map Reviewer

Submissions (6)

darkwulfv is just really nice (270)darkwulfv is just really nice (270)

Send a message via AIM to darkwulfv

Holy fuck. I've never even played any Doom games before, but that Mancubus looks fucking epic. Kind of like an Abomination with rocket launchers for arms. Only way cooler.

Oh, and the model in the first post looks awesome too.
a dota like map but with unique stuff
(There was no map attached, and that was all the thread said.)
Spells I've Made

Darkwulfv's Lightning Grapple || Tritanis' Lazy Bolt

Old 03-30-2008, 04:21 PM   #11
TDR
♪♫

Submissions (84)

what??? Another one who never played doom? My god, what were you doing during your childhood? Playing outside? Pff...
Old 03-30-2008, 04:35 PM   #12
darkwulfv
Alpha Male of Wc3c

Official Map Reviewer

Submissions (6)

darkwulfv is just really nice (270)darkwulfv is just really nice (270)

Send a message via AIM to darkwulfv

I know, it's sad. But if I'd known there was shit like that, I would've spent my time playing Doom 1-3 instead of playing Real Life.
a dota like map but with unique stuff
(There was no map attached, and that was all the thread said.)
Spells I've Made

Darkwulfv's Lightning Grapple || Tritanis' Lazy Bolt

Old 03-30-2008, 04:42 PM   #13
famouspker49
Suck My Terrains!

Submissions (11)

famouspker49 will become famous soon enough (72)famouspker49 will become famous soon enough (72)famouspker49 will become famous soon enough (72)

That model is badass. I saw Supa-'s and thought, well that's cool, but Classic DOOM is way more kickass. I cannot wait to see more of this.

If you dare...
Laws do not impede FamousPker49 from having fun.
Old 03-30-2008, 06:13 PM   #14
Dionesiist
User

Submissions (34)

TDR, don't forget that the Mancubus is supposed to have 2 or 3 pairs of manboobs. :P
Old 03-30-2008, 06:25 PM   #15
Rising_Dusk
Obscurity, the Art

Projects Director
Project Leader: OD

Submissions (27)

Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)

Hero Contest #3 - 1st PlaceApproved Map: Desert of ExileApproved Map: Advent of the ZenithHero Contest #2 - 1st PlaceHero Contest - Third place>

Send a message via AIM to Rising_Dusk Send a message via MSN to Rising_Dusk

I think he's got it pretty close, honestly. Just needs a bit more sloshy-jiggly-fleshy-stuff.