wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Resources > Texture Resources > Skins
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Old 06-22-2008, 11:22 PM   #1
Mr Meesh
^ I'm with stupid

Submissions (3)

Mr Meesh will become famous soon enough (52)Mr Meesh will become famous soon enough (52)

Default TREE OF UNDEATH

tree of life's evil twin

SKIN PATH: Buildings\NightElf\TreeofLife\TreeofLife.blp

enjoy.

NOTE- the filesize is naturally going to be bigger because the tree of life's skin is 512x256 normally. i've included a 1024x512 and a 512x256

I'm really happy with the way this came out
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ToD SS.jpg (492.8 KB, 3153 views)
File Type: jpg ToD.jpg (138.6 KB, 1296 views)
File Type: jpg ToD2.jpg (158.4 KB, 1145 views)
File Type: jpg ToD2 SS.jpg (133.9 KB, 920 views)
Attached Files
File Type: blp TreeofLife.blp (1.58 MB, 402 views)
File Type: blp TreeofLifeLOREZ.blp (456.9 KB, 304 views)
File Type: blp TreeofLifeEDIT.blp (539.9 KB, 314 views)
File Type: blp TreeofLifeEDITLOREZ.blp (165.9 KB, 313 views)

Last edited by Mr Meesh : 06-24-2008 at 07:08 AM.
Mr Meesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 06-22-2008, 11:38 PM   #2
darkwulfv
Alpha Male of Wc3c

Official Map Reviewer

Submissions (6)

darkwulfv is just really nice (270)darkwulfv is just really nice (270)

Send a message via AIM to darkwulfv

Woah. That's... terrible (great skin, I mean the creature is a terrible being!) I would hate to be playing NE and have THAT happen to me.
a dota like map but with unique stuff
(There was no map attached, and that was all the thread said.)
Spells I've Made

Darkwulfv's Lightning Grapple || Tritanis' Lazy Bolt

darkwulfv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 11:55 PM   #3
Here-b-Trollz
Corkscrew Chainsaw!!!

Here-b-Trollz has a spectacular aura about (149)

Hero Contest #2 - 2nd Place

This is really kyewl... I want one. And I will name him Treebone! Although, eat tree is lame. TREEBONES EATS BABIES!!!

Nohrly, I saw this, and I was like.... wow. It looks really creepy.
Old 06-23-2008, 12:18 AM   #4
Mr Meesh
^ I'm with stupid

Submissions (3)

Mr Meesh will become famous soon enough (52)Mr Meesh will become famous soon enough (52)

the eat tree was for something else, i was making a tree of life based hero thing.

no i'd definately give this one an eat villager ability or something

or eat baby seal critter...
Mr Meesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 12:51 AM   #5
moyack
Evil Emoticon

Respected User
Project Leader: PoC

Submissions (17)

moyack is a splendid one to behold (661)moyack is a splendid one to behold (661)moyack is a splendid one to behold (661)moyack is a splendid one to behold (661)

AI Tournament #2 - 2nd PlaceHero Contest - Second place

Send a message via MSN to moyack

I have to say that this skin is a very original idea, congrats :D
moyack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 01:00 AM   #6
Shade987
User

Submissions (1)

Shade987 is on a distinguished road (19)

The part of the lower jaw under the teeth looks a little bit weird: it looks just a little bit too much like teeth to make the jaw look great.

Otherwise, another excellent skin. Good job.
Old 06-23-2008, 08:01 AM   #7
Tide-Arc Ephemera
Overdoses result in death

Submissions (3)

Tide-Arc Ephemera is a jewel in the rough (206)Tide-Arc Ephemera is a jewel in the rough (206)Tide-Arc Ephemera is a jewel in the rough (206)

This is freaking awesome and original, it's reminds me of a mummy though. Good job.

If you're having troubles getting help on WC3C or anywhere at all, please have a look at...
The WRONG way to ask for help and The CORRECT way to ask for help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alevice
You may never stop our bioweapon! We mexicans shall rule the third world! Mwahahahahahahaha!
Please acknowledge that I use Mac and avoid suggesting vJass and other tools that don't work on it. Thank you.
Tide-Arc Ephemera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 09:09 AM   #8
Dionesiist
User

Submissions (34)

Dionesiist is just really nice (382)Dionesiist is just really nice (382)Dionesiist is just really nice (382)Dionesiist is just really nice (382)Dionesiist is just really nice (382)

It's pretty monotone and grainy in some parts, but the main problem I see here is the simply huge file size. I don't know if you use wc3imageextractor for conversion, but if you do, save it with 75% compression (or something like that anyway) instead of 100%, it's mostly the same thing but makes the texture smaller in size.
Old 06-23-2008, 10:30 AM   #9
AnemicRoyalty

Texturing Moderator
Project Member: WotTH

Submissions (23)

AnemicRoyalty is a name known to all (523)AnemicRoyalty is a name known to all (523)AnemicRoyalty is a name known to all (523)AnemicRoyalty is a name known to all (523)AnemicRoyalty is a name known to all (523)AnemicRoyalty is a name known to all (523)

Skinning Contest #14 WinnerSkinning Contest #15 WinnerHero Contest #2 - 1st Place

I'm quite tempted to approve this based on the face in the Spell - Eat Tree anim, it's quite epic :D

in the High Res version, i noticed a fair bit of smudge and filters/overlayed textures. These are sowewhat frowned upon nowdays.
It's not as noticeable in the low res version, which is friendlier filesize-wise as well.

IMO, the biggest thing it's missing is colour variation. I'd suggest either adding some wicked teamcolour design to the TC area above the head or changing the colour of the bandages and bits of cloth on the head or even adding some sinewy bits. just to break up the single light tan colour.
AnemicRoyalty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 02:23 PM   #10
JetFangInferno
I Break Chopsticks

Project Member: PoC

Submissions (71)

JetFangInferno is a glorious beacon of light (473)JetFangInferno is a glorious beacon of light (473)JetFangInferno is a glorious beacon of light (473)JetFangInferno is a glorious beacon of light (473)

Add some blood on his teeth and take a screenshot of it holding a villager :)
Old 06-23-2008, 08:42 PM   #11
Mr Meesh
^ I'm with stupid

Submissions (3)

yeah i did use some filters on the horns and such and for the plates on top of his head, oh and to make the cloth look clothier.

although this skin was completely done except for the torso already. i just finished it up. the rest i had done way back in my haydays

as for some color differences... any suggestions as to what colors and where?
and AnemicRoyalty, what do you mean by sinewy?
Old 06-24-2008, 12:20 AM   #12
Rising_Dusk
Obscurity, the Art

Projects Director
Project Leader: OD

Submissions (27)

Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)

Hero Contest #3 - 1st PlaceApproved Map: Desert of ExileApproved Map: Advent of the ZenithHero Contest #2 - 1st PlaceHero Contest - Third place>

Send a message via AIM to Rising_Dusk Send a message via MSN to Rising_Dusk

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicRoyalty
in the High Res version, i noticed a fair bit of smudge and filters/overlayed textures. These are sowewhat frowned upon nowdays.
In the olden days, people cared more about the end result than the techniques used to get there. The reason we teach users to not use smudge or filters is that they in 99% of cases are overused in places where they should never be used and thus ruin any potential value the texture ever had. Believe it or not, KR even uses smudge in cases to achieve some effects, but unless you stared at the unwrap you wouldn't know the wiser. This is because in moderation, the tool itself isn't an end-all, the end result is.

And regardless of it being a bit monotonous, it looks absolutely bitchin' in-game due to the tone and shading methods. Quite frankly, for a specific kind of map, I think this is some seriously good shit -- Regardless of the colors being a bit dull. Personally, it's the end result and how it looks in-game that matter; this texture keeps its details quite well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dionesiist
but the main problem I see here is the simply huge file size.
Most users know that they can lower the quality of compression before importing anyways, so I don't see this as too big a problem.
OD v0.10x Download

Coming soon eventually...

Personal To-Do List:
ICARUS
Aot3

WC3C Chat
Chat IP: 66.103.20.109
Earthbound 2 in English
vJass Manual

"DAMAGE_TYPE_POISON motherfucker!" ~Anitarf
Rising_Dusk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 02:15 AM   #13
Mr Meesh
^ I'm with stupid

Submissions (3)

thank you for the compliments. i also agree that filters should be able to be used in moderation.

the only times i used them were for things that i'd rather spend 30 seconds making than an hour (i.e. the woven texture)

and Rising_Dusk, are those characters in your sig from zelda by any chance?
Old 06-24-2008, 02:41 AM   #14
Rising_Dusk
Obscurity, the Art

Projects Director
Project Leader: OD

Submissions (27)

Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)

Hero Contest #3 - 1st PlaceApproved Map: Desert of ExileApproved Map: Advent of the ZenithHero Contest #2 - 1st PlaceHero Contest - Third place>

Send a message via AIM to Rising_Dusk Send a message via MSN to Rising_Dusk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Meesh
and Rising_Dusk, are those characters in your sig from zelda by any chance?
Yes sir, they are.
OD v0.10x Download

Coming soon eventually...

Personal To-Do List:
ICARUS
Aot3

WC3C Chat
Chat IP: 66.103.20.109
Earthbound 2 in English
vJass Manual

"DAMAGE_TYPE_POISON motherfucker!" ~Anitarf
Rising_Dusk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 03:21 AM   #15
Mr Meesh
^ I'm with stupid

Submissions (3)

my day has been made.

but yeah any suggestions on ways i could up the color contrast for more WC3 style? (i'll still keep the original too)