wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Resources > Model Resources > Animated Models
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Old 03-13-2008, 02:37 PM   #1
Born清odificate
Fear the bananamonster!

Respected User

Submissions (26)

Born清odificate is just really nice (318)Born清odificate is just really nice (318)Born清odificate is just really nice (318)

Send a message via ICQ to Born清odificate Send a message via AIM to Born清odificate
Default Catapult

Hello there, i just finished animating my old catapult...
the animations might not be the best since im a while out of biz, but i guess they still fulfill their purpose. Otherwise have fun with it.

Zoom (requires log in)

Zoom (requires log in)

No custom textures required!

Animations:
-Stand
-Walk
-Attack
-Death
-Decay

Btw the scale is bit small ingame, best it to scale it up to something between 2 and 4.

Born2Modificate
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Catapult_ingame.jpg (271.4 KB, 4461 views)
Attached Files
File Type: mdx Cata_missle.MDX (2.5 KB, 574 views)
File Type: mdx Katapult.MDX (38.7 KB, 627 views)
Old 03-13-2008, 03:52 PM   #2
Rising_Dusk
Obscurity, the Art

Projects Director
Project Leader: OD

Submissions (27)

Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)

Hero Contest #3 - 1st PlaceApproved Map: Desert of ExileApproved Map: Advent of the ZenithHero Contest #2 - 1st PlaceHero Contest - Third place>

Send a message via AIM to Rising_Dusk Send a message via MSN to Rising_Dusk

Hey, this looks pretty cool. I'd check out the animations but I can't at work. Good stuff from what I can see, though.
Old 03-13-2008, 04:26 PM   #3
Pyritie
Doesn't come here often

Submissions (9)

Pyritie will become famous soon enough (47)Pyritie will become famous soon enough (47)

Send a message via MSN to Pyritie

The wheels on the walk anim are pretty messed up. The other anims look fine though.
Pyritie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 06:20 PM   #4
Salbrismind
User

Salbrismind is on a distinguished road (16)

Send a message via Yahoo to Salbrismind

Really nice animation, but I was wondering If I could use this model in my map!? Of course all credit goes to the artist, but I also wanted to ask if it is not too much to ask if you could help me edit this to suit my needs. If possible I really need the catapult to have a seat next to the arm and a sort of device that appears to control the catapult. As well making it possible for units to sit on the arm and the seat.

The idea is to have a pilotable/controllable catapult and the ability to arm it with units or objects. I know this might be asking alot but it would be very much appreciated and again you will be credited fully. Thanks in advance even for considering helping me.
Old 03-13-2008, 07:50 PM   #5
DukeCz
User

Submissions (2)

DukeCz has little to show at this moment (5)

Very nice, but i think that wheels should be bigger.

92% of teens have moved onto hip-hop. If you are part of the 8% that still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your signature
DukeCz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 04:49 PM   #6
Anything.
User

Anything. has little to show at this moment (4)

Yay, Mangonel!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salbrismind
If possible I really need the catapult to have a seat next to the arm and a sort of device that appears to control the catapult. As well making it possible for units to sit on the arm and the seat.

The idea is to have a pilotable/controllable catapult and the ability to arm it with units or objects.

I don't think you would drive a catapult around like that -__-
More likely, it would be pulled around or pushed.

Attachment point in the bucket would be semi-useful, though.

Last edited by Anything. : 03-15-2008 at 04:50 PM.
Anything. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 08:21 PM   #7
Salbrismind
User

Salbrismind is on a distinguished road (16)

Send a message via Yahoo to Salbrismind

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anything.
Yay, Mangonel!

I don't think you would drive a catapult around like that -__-
More likely, it would be pulled around or pushed.

Attachment point in the bucket would be semi-useful, though.

It's only to turn and use the arm. In "real life" catapults aren't moved often, but in my map they are so a seat for someone to do all the actions is needed.
Old 03-23-2008, 11:38 AM   #8
TDR
♪♫

Modeling & Gallery Moderator

Submissions (84)

TDR has much to be proud of (701)TDR has much to be proud of (701)TDR has much to be proud of (701)TDR has much to be proud of (701)TDR has much to be proud of (701)

Hero Contest #2 - 3rd PlaceConcept art session 6 - Sea dwellersModeling session 3 - Critters

Dude, please fix the wheels animations in the walk anim, it's terrible. Other than that it's very nice.
Old 04-04-2008, 06:58 PM   #9
Drazalon
User

Drazalon has little to show at this moment (0)

the wheel radius is fine. just needs to be thicker not bigger
Drazalon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2008, 03:34 PM   #10
Rising_Dusk
Obscurity, the Art

Projects Director
Project Leader: OD

Submissions (27)

Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)

Hero Contest #3 - 1st PlaceApproved Map: Desert of ExileApproved Map: Advent of the ZenithHero Contest #2 - 1st PlaceHero Contest - Third place>

Send a message via AIM to Rising_Dusk Send a message via MSN to Rising_Dusk

Upon talking with TDR, the walk animation on this needs to be fixed badly. If that can be done, this will be approved, otherwise due to the time it's taken to be updated, it will be graveyarded.
Old 05-18-2008, 11:00 AM   #11
Rao Dao Zao
www.raodaozao.net

MDL & Resource Moderator

Submissions (27)

Rao Dao Zao has a brilliant future (822)Rao Dao Zao has a brilliant future (822)Rao Dao Zao has a brilliant future (822)Rao Dao Zao has a brilliant future (822)Rao Dao Zao has a brilliant future (822)Rao Dao Zao has a brilliant future (822)Rao Dao Zao has a brilliant future (822)

Approved Map: When the Freedom Slips Away

Send a message via MSN to Rao Dao Zao

The apparent walk animation bug does not exist in-engine. Magos' Model Editor has been known to display certain rotations incorrectly.

The animations are simple, but what more can you ask for; it's a throwing arm on wheels. My only criticism is that the actual throw seems a bit slow.

I think it's a nice model, and it provides a more realistically mediaeval variation of any in-game catapult model.

So I'm going to take the initiative and approve this model, seeing as the only major point against it has been refuted.