wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Warcraft III Modding > Developer's Corner > Triggers & Scripts
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 01-17-2008, 03:00 AM   #1
moyack
Evil Emoticon

Respected User
Project Leader: PoC

Submissions (17)

moyack is a splendid one to behold (666)moyack is a splendid one to behold (666)moyack is a splendid one to behold (666)moyack is a splendid one to behold (666)

AI Tournament #2 - 2nd PlaceHero Contest - Second place

Send a message via MSN to moyack
Idea AI tournament # 2 - Results

Ok, it's testing time!!!

Here's the table with the contestants:

Contestants list:
ContestantAI name
Av3nBrute Force
moyackMagic Ambush
TaintedRealityNot human
TimmayKill as One
TopwolfDemolisher4

So we're going to organize the table as follows:

Match organizer:
Av3nmoyackTaintedRealityTimmayTopWolf
Av3n
x
moyack
x
TaintedReality
x
Timmay
x
Topwolf
x

Final Scores:
Final Scores - 09/01/2009:
contestantvs Av3nvs Moyackvs TaintedRealityvs Timmayvs TopWolfTOTAL
Av3n
-
Moyack83170
-
TaintedReality104198101628
-
Timmay787176108047593
-
TopWolf73152223952433243059
-

In this moment I'm working with the test map, the idea is not to have different maps for each match, but one map which allow us to set the AIs in game. Unfortunately I've been terribly busy, so I haven't been able to finish the test map. Any help will be really appreciated.

UPDATE: The map is now working!!! please let's start the GAME!!!!!

HOW TO RUN THE GAME

HOW TO RUN THE GAME:
  1. First copy the map to the Download folder in your WC3 path (ie: C:\Program Files\Warcraft III\Maps\Download)

2. Start the game.

3. This game must be started with observers. In order to do that, you must select .

4. In the Player Name field write your WC3C nickname and then press the button .

5. Move to the download folder and select the map: "AI constest #2 - Lost Temple" and then press the button .

6. Select the Observers field and set it as . The other fields leave untouched. Press the button.

7. Your nickname will appear as the first player. In the team combobox, select yourself as Observer.

8. Select the other 2 player slots as Computer (normal). The AIs will be selected at map initialization by setting the AI race and the player handicap. In order to setup them correctly, you must follow this table:

AI selection table:
    Race
    Handicap
    AI
    Orc50%Av3n
    Human60%moyack
    Human70%TaintedReality
    Night Elf80%Timmay
    Orc90%Topwolf

9. The game start should look as follows:
    Hidden information:
    Zoom (requires log in)

10. Press . This map has been designed in such way that it will stop if any player lose the game or if the game reach 30 minutes of duration. PLEASE don't forget to save the replay and post the result with the scores.

Replay order:
  1. Av3n vs moyack => replay made by Antiquities (Download)
  2. Av3n vs TaintedReality => replay made by Timmay (Download)
  3. Av3n vs Timmay => replay made by Topwolf (Download)
  4. Av3n vs Topwolf => replay made by moyack (Download)
  5. Moyack vs TaintedReality => replay made by Timmay (Download)
  6. Moyack vs Timmay => replay made by TopWolf (Download)
  7. Moyack vs TopWolf => replay made by Av3n (Download)
  8. TaintedReality vs Timmay => replay made by TopWolf (Download)
  9. TaintedReality vs TopWolf => made by Bobo_The_Kodo (Download)
  10. Timmay vs TopWolf => made by Bobo_The_Kodo (Download)

Last edited by moyack : 01-10-2009 at 12:24 AM.
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 01-17-2008, 04:59 AM   #2
The Elite
For External Use Only

Submissions (6)

The Elite will become famous soon enough (60)The Elite will become famous soon enough (60)The Elite will become famous soon enough (60)

shit, the only time my comp that has frozen throne on it is broken is the only time i could do something usefull :(

Goths are nerds that dress like vampires. -Dominant-Male
Oh, and wc3c wasn't dying back in 2007 and it isn't now. Our secret is simple: you can't kill the undead ... - Vexorian

We're definitely not going to make a G or a PG version of this. It's not PillowfightCraft. - Chris Metzen on the Warcraft Movie
Man, we're considered elitist all over the internet. This makes me feel nice and warm inside. - ghenjis
Please help! I'll provide no information, you must guess! - Whitehorn
Old 01-17-2008, 05:22 AM   #3
Av3n
Roar!

Project Leader: TBR
Project Member: PoC

Submissions (7)

Av3n is a jewel in the rough (240)Av3n is a jewel in the rough (240)Av3n is a jewel in the rough (240)Av3n is a jewel in the rough (240)Av3n is a jewel in the rough (240)

Hero #4 extra-official winner2008 Spell olympics - Fire - BronzeHero Contest #3 - 3rd Place

Im gonna get crushed by ppl starting with the letter T... I mean there are 3 of them (><) may i crush you all hehe.

I'll take a look

-Av3n

Thanks to FatherTime for the sig
.:
Current ProjectsSubmissions
Power of CorruptionMy Terrain
The Black RoadMy Resources
Strikeforce
Twitter

Last edited by Av3n : 01-17-2008 at 05:23 AM.
Old 01-17-2008, 08:06 AM
The Elite
This message has been deleted by The Elite.
Old 01-18-2008, 12:17 AM   #4
Timmay
User

Submissions (4)

Timmay is on a distinguished road (17)

AI Tournament #2 - 3rd Place

Quote:
Originally Posted by moyack
In this moment I'm working with the test map, the idea is not to have different maps for each match, but one map which allow us to set the AIs in game. Unfortunately I've been terribly busy, so I haven't been able to finish the test map. Any help will be really appreciated.
Didn't I tell you a while ago that you could just use the AI editor to play the games at a high speed? You don't need a custom map for that and it's so much faster. However, I don't know if the points system would be perfect on that, but it would be a lot easier to do it that way.
Old 01-18-2008, 01:08 AM   #5
moyack
Evil Emoticon

Respected User

Submissions (17)

moyack is a splendid one to behold (666)moyack is a splendid one to behold (666)moyack is a splendid one to behold (666)moyack is a splendid one to behold (666)

Yes, but the replay files get corrupted for the high speed (only save a part of the game), so it doesn't work.

Please contestants, I will need help with this, in this moment I have a lot of unexpected work and I'm stuck with the AI selector. One option I was thinking is using the handicap to define the AI's but we're only limited to 5 values (50, 60, 70, 80, 90, 100%), and therefore, 5 AI's. If you have other idea, I will really appreciate.

Last edited by moyack : 01-18-2008 at 01:17 AM.
Old 01-18-2008, 01:29 AM   #6
Ammorth
I blink, therefore I am.

Submissions (10)

Ammorth is a glorious beacon of light (461)Ammorth is a glorious beacon of light (461)Ammorth is a glorious beacon of light (461)Ammorth is a glorious beacon of light (461)

Am I missing something? 5 values == 5 AIs does it not?
Old 01-18-2008, 02:06 AM   #7
moyack
Evil Emoticon

Respected User

Submissions (17)

yes, but I think in big :P for this case it would be fine... I was thinking if the map has more than 5 AIs (for future tornaments), but if it makes the things more complicated, then we can use the handicap as is.

Last edited by moyack : 01-18-2008 at 02:06 AM.
Old 01-18-2008, 02:53 AM   #8
Ammorth
I blink, therefore I am.

Submissions (10)

Ammorth is a glorious beacon of light (461)Ammorth is a glorious beacon of light (461)Ammorth is a glorious beacon of light (461)Ammorth is a glorious beacon of light (461)

you could have some sort of in-game set-up using text messages.

-set ai player 1 moyack

-set ai player 2 Timmay

-start game

then create the starting units and all that gibberish and start up the AIs. Unless there is some problem with AIs not being called at map initialization, I don't know why this would be a problem.
Old 01-22-2008, 01:20 AM   #9
moyack
Evil Emoticon

Respected User

Submissions (17)

Ok, I've finished to setup the map for the games, now is time for your replays gentlemen.

HOW TO RUN THE GAME:
  1. First copy the map to the Download folder in your WC3 path (ie: C:\Program Files\Warcraft III\Maps\Download)

2. Start the game.

3. This game must be started with observers. In order to do that, you must select .

4. In the Player Name field write your WC3C nickname and then press the button .

5. Move to the download folder and select the map: "AI constest #2 - Lost Temple" and then press the button .

6. Select the Observers field and set it as . The other fields leave untouched. Press the button.

7. Your nickname will appear as the first player. In the team combobox, select yourself as Observer.

8. Select the other 2 player slots as Computer (normal). The AIs will be selected at map initialization by setting the AI race and the player handicap. In order to setup them correctly, you must follow this table:

AI selection table:
    Race
    Handicap
    AI
    Orc50%Av3n
    Human60%moyack
    Human70%TaintedReality
    Night Elf80%Timmay
    Orc90%Topwolf

9. The game start should look as follows:
    Hidden information:
    Zoom (requires log in)

10. Press . This map has been designed in such way that it will stop if any player lose the game or if the game reach 30 minutes of duration. PLEASE don't forget to save the replay and post the result with the scores.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg AI contest2 startgame.jpg (101.0 KB, 297 views)

Last edited by moyack : 03-28-2008 at 11:00 PM.
Old 01-22-2008, 01:45 AM   #10
The Elite
For External Use Only

Submissions (6)

The Elite will become famous soon enough (60)The Elite will become famous soon enough (60)The Elite will become famous soon enough (60)

The link for the picture is broken

Goths are nerds that dress like vampires. -Dominant-Male
Oh, and wc3c wasn't dying back in 2007 and it isn't now. Our secret is simple: you can't kill the undead ... - Vexorian

We're definitely not going to make a G or a PG version of this. It's not PillowfightCraft. - Chris Metzen on the Warcraft Movie
Man, we're considered elitist all over the internet. This makes me feel nice and warm inside. - ghenjis
Please help! I'll provide no information, you must guess! - Whitehorn

Last edited by The Elite : 01-22-2008 at 01:47 AM.
Old 01-22-2008, 01:51 AM   #11
moyack
Evil Emoticon

Respected User

Submissions (17)

Picture link fixed.

Officially the matches indicated in the first post will be taken in account for score purposes. But you can post replays of 2v2, FFA, or you vs AIs, whatever you want. All those replays will be linked in the first post anyways. The only condition is not to modify the map in any way.

Last edited by moyack : 01-22-2008 at 01:54 AM.
Old 01-22-2008, 02:33 AM   #12
Timmay
User

Submissions (4)

Timmay is on a distinguished road (17)

AI Tournament #2 - 3rd Place

As I am posting this, the game I will submit is underway, and I've noticed a problem with the map selected for the tournament. At the first expansion site, there are flying creeps, which are proving to be a problem for both AIs, so the results might not be what are desired for a good match up. Also, units must go through way gates to get to the expansion, and this confuses the AIs. I would suggest a map with no air creeps or way gates should be used for the next tournament.

Edit: Results

Draw

NotHuman: 38131
Brute Force: 35708

NotHuman had more points simply because it gathered more lumber. Both AIs ran out of gold.
Attached Files
File Type: w3g NotHuman VS Brute Force - Twisted Meado.w3g (105.7 KB, 3 views)

Last edited by Timmay : 01-22-2008 at 02:58 AM.
Old 01-22-2008, 02:55 AM   #13
Av3n
Roar!

Submissions (7)

Av3n is a jewel in the rough (240)Av3n is a jewel in the rough (240)Av3n is a jewel in the rough (240)Av3n is a jewel in the rough (240)Av3n is a jewel in the rough (240)

Hero #4 extra-official winner2008 Spell olympics - Fire - BronzeHero Contest #3 - 3rd Place

I don't really do anything then... Well im gonna post up some random matches

-Av3n

.:
Strikeforce
Twitter
Old 01-22-2008, 03:07 AM   #14
BBDino
Wc3c's resident llama.

BBDino has a spectacular aura about (95)BBDino has a spectacular aura about (95)BBDino has a spectacular aura about (95)BBDino has a spectacular aura about (95)

Results:
ContestantAI nameScore
Av3nBrute Force37472
moyackMagic Ambush65320

In progress. Both AIs are currently trying to creep the Red Dragons with melee. Results as expected. I doubt they'll fight before time runs out.

Edit: Magic Ambush proved me wrong by launching an attack in the dying minutes. Would have been an easy win, but time ran out.

Draw, but would have been a win for Magic Ambush.
Attached Files
File Type: w3g Magic Ambush Vs Brute Force.w3g (106.4 KB, 5 views)

Last edited by BBDino : 01-22-2008 at 03:34 AM.
Old 01-22-2008, 03:56 AM   #15
Av3n
Roar!

Submissions (7)

Orcs vs Humans

Demolisher and Brute Force vs Not Human and Magic Ambush

In the end though... Humans lost. Demolisher scored the highest and thus done the most work out of most of the AI's by rushing in during teir 1

-Av3n
Attached Files
File Type: w3g Orcs vs Humans.w3g (63.9 KB, 8 views)

.:
Strikeforce
Twitter
Closed Thread