wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Warcraft III Modding > Artist's Corner > Concept Art / Fan Art
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Old 11-19-2007, 08:29 PM   #16
erwtenpeller
*****istrator

Art Director

Submissions (35)

erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (922)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (922)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (922)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (922)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (922)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (922)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (922)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (922)

Skinning Contest 7 ~ Were-AnimalsConcept art session 3 - Dungeon

Yeah but how?? i cant find it anywhere :<
Old 11-19-2007, 08:43 PM   #17
TDR
♪♫

Modeling & Gallery Moderator

Submissions (84)

TDR has much to be proud of (701)TDR has much to be proud of (701)TDR has much to be proud of (701)TDR has much to be proud of (701)TDR has much to be proud of (701)

Hero Contest #2 - 3rd PlaceConcept art session 6 - Sea dwellersModeling session 3 - Critters

ta-daaaa

Old 11-19-2007, 09:01 PM   #18
erwtenpeller
*****istrator

Art Director

Submissions (35)

erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (922)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (922)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (922)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (922)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (922)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (922)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (922)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (922)

Righto, thanks millions <3
Old 11-21-2007, 04:04 AM   #19
Halnodor2
User

Halnodor2 is on a distinguished road (12)

Eh, I'm trying to et my line art better, what do you guys think?
Life is like cookie. With the dough being money and the chocolate chips as women its all good, until you get fat.
Halnodor2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 09:09 AM   #20
TDR
♪♫

Submissions (84)

TDR has much to be proud of (701)TDR has much to be proud of (701)TDR has much to be proud of (701)TDR has much to be proud of (701)TDR has much to be proud of (701)

Hero Contest #2 - 3rd PlaceConcept art session 6 - Sea dwellersModeling session 3 - Critters

I think you should leave creatures for now and focus on simple still life. Make yourself some primary objects out of paper or cartboard (but white) and draw them. Seriously dude, you have to start with the basics. I was at just about your level when I went to a teacher and he started me with still life like that (but she always stood by me as I was doing it and explaining everything in the process) and the progress was great. After that you should study basic human proportions first (because their the most simple) and anatomy and then if you like creatures you should study horse anatomy because you can apply it to any quadruped; you can of course modify the proportions, but the muscle structure should be basically the same. Right now I don't see any muscles on that dragon, it's just a blob with a thing that vaguely resembles an arm floating somewhere behind it. Don't take this personally, but those are the facts.
Last year at university they gave us a quite comprehensive list of great ways to exercise your line drawing, I'll try to translate it when I can, it'll boost your lineart quallity tremendously.
Old 11-21-2007, 12:17 PM   #21
erwtenpeller
*****istrator

Art Director

Submissions (35)

Ooooh yeah please do i want that too.
Old 11-23-2007, 06:55 PM   #22
Shadow_Strike
Pokemon Trainer

Submissions (1)

Shadow_Strike is a jewel in the rough (168)Shadow_Strike is a jewel in the rough (168)

Creativity is made of basics. Of course, I didn't do any of the things TDR said when I started, but then again, I suck.
Old 11-23-2007, 08:37 PM   #23
erwtenpeller
*****istrator

Art Director

Submissions (35)

No you're awesome. I've only quite recently started to take heed to TDR's rants (smudge crusade aside) and i must say... The man makes all the sense. I have TDR to thank for most of my improvements in technique really.
Old 11-23-2007, 11:22 PM   #24
Shadow_Strike
Pokemon Trainer

Submissions (1)

Shadow_Strike is a jewel in the rough (168)Shadow_Strike is a jewel in the rough (168)

There is an excellent saying.
If you want someone to learn nothing, teach him everything. If you want someone to learn, teach him one thing.

The fact, don't over load this poor fellow will all the tips and such. He has years upon years to work on those. Sure, tips will help, but not when you cram everything into him at once.

Remember, its a process that won't happen over night. So just work on little bits at a time. And if you have to ignore a few tips and details, go right ahead, just remember to pick em up later.
Old 11-24-2007, 10:42 PM   #25
Shadow_Strike
Pokemon Trainer

Submissions (1)

In photoshop cs 3, how do you turn off the "snap to" option? I cant find it, at all. Its like a magnet or something.
Old 11-25-2007, 01:11 AM   #26
TDR
♪♫

Submissions (84)

ctrl+shift+;
Old 12-06-2007, 02:23 AM   #27
Halnodor2
User

Halnodor2 is on a distinguished road (12)

Hi all, I tried working on the stuff you suggested TDR, I'll put up my still lifes some time this week, Its really much easier to draw still life then creatures and I've had more luck with it then I could ever imagine, also I started going for classes to a nearby art studio. They work with people individually, the first few weeks are going to be object study, then we move on to more complex concepts.Zoom

Note thats just there to critique and say what ever you want . I'll post the rest later.
Life is like cookie. With the dough being money and the chocolate chips as women its all good, until you get fat.

Last edited by Halnodor2 : 12-06-2007 at 04:13 AM.
Halnodor2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 02:34 AM   #28
Shadow_Strike
Pokemon Trainer

Submissions (1)

Good for you Halnodor, I'm so glad to hear you enjoy that still life stuff (because honestly I never liked being still). I can't wait to see your progress.
Old 12-06-2007, 02:54 PM   #29
erwtenpeller
*****istrator

Art Director

Submissions (35)

Realistic drawings actually gain appeal to me.
Old 12-06-2007, 03:44 PM   #30
TDR
♪♫

Submissions (84)

awsome dude. But I don't get why you keep making the poor dragon's right arm floating around.