wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Warcraft III Modding > Artist's Corner > Stories / Writing > RP Forum
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Old 01-05-2009, 09:02 PM   #106
Plasma Dragon
User

Submissions (4)

Plasma Dragon has little to show at this moment (3)

Send a message via AIM to Plasma Dragon Send a message via MSN to Plasma Dragon

I never said Dark was wrong about Full Metal Alchemist containing the term Chimera, I was saying that I brought up Chimera because I was aware of it's scientific definition, thus not limiting it only to the mythological beast in Greek lore.

I said Hybrid because I brought up that definition before I suggested Chimera, though Star forgot to mention that. Hybrid is more fitting in my opinion because Chimera is normally associated with the mythological creature. It's not the fault of the definition, seeing as it's open, it's just the fault of association with Chimera and it's history of being associated with a mythological relentless beast. But this is not my RP. Star can do what he likes and if he likes Metazoan, I have no objection. The only downside is that the term Metazoan includes humans in it's definition, so it doesn't exclude pure bloods. But a name is a name.

Plasma Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 01-06-2009, 01:31 AM   #107
Ignitedstar

RP Section Moderator

Ignitedstar has a spectacular aura about (102)Ignitedstar has a spectacular aura about (102)Ignitedstar has a spectacular aura about (102)Ignitedstar has a spectacular aura about (102)

Send a message via MSN to Ignitedstar Send a message via Yahoo to Ignitedstar

Ooooh... I know what to do.

Instead of Pure Bloods calling "Humanoids" Corrupts, I think I'll change that to Chimera. Although, that's just the name that they're given. As much as it may not make sense(because Pure Bloods are- by scientific means, Metazoan, too), humanoids will be called Metazoans. This makes me content. It truly does.

Huh... Apparently, I drew the colors so light that it didn't show as much as I thought it would. Haha... Oh well. My old art teacher used to tell me that I drew too light. Now, that map:

North Nintendes: (and some of the South)
Click image for larger version

Name:	John's Scan 1.JPG
Views:	23
Size:	110.5 KB
ID:	39548
1. Jhorsonique - The kingdom of Pure Bloods, named Jhorsonique. The only true inhabitants of this location are Pure Bloods and their Savants. Anyone else is outlawed from the living quarters of the city. If not, and they're lucky that only the guards catch them, they will be held prisoner for trespassing. Most Savants are ordered to kill outlaws on sight.

Aside from the city itself, lies the rural areas of the city, where Metazoans of all kinds are able to go freely, but are watched by Savants. Savants are allowed to come and go, to and from Jhorsonique as they please with special marques given them by their owners, but other than that, not many Metazoans would try to enter Jhorsonique.

The city center is home to the highest nobles, among them the Sertatin family. The Castle is named Eden. The tip of Eden pierces the sky, said to be unleashing a light that taunts the world. It can be see from literally anywhere in Nintendes. The castle interior was built as a brilliant, sophisticated labyrinth, keeping the unwanted out. The rumors end there. Even towards modern day, anyone who doesn't belong inside, hasn't tried to get inside.

2. Solidore Harbor - A small, yet very wealthy city, due to being one of the only harbor cities in Nintendes. It is the center of trade from travelers of the land and sea- quite literally. However, due to its position, not many people go out to the sea from this point. Because it is one of the only seaside cities, pirates and the like gather here.

3. Fort Tenor - Fort Tenor was abandoned about a decade ago, when pirates of the sea banded together and took it over. According to a Metazoan's eyes, the pirates killed the Pure Bloods that lived there, and now they refuse to return. However, the truth is that the Pure Bloods let them have it, as a place to ease the pirate's pain due to the Aligor Towers... assuming they could make it to the Fort with their lives.

4. Aligor Towers - The Aligor Towers sit on each cape that surrounds the mouth of Mahel Gulf. The Towers were built to prevent any unwanted persons from invading by sea. They are manned, targeting suspicious things at sea, especially pirates. The Towers were also built for Pure Bloods coming from distant lands to travel without fear.

5. Boillese Swamp - A swamp, alone on top of a slope that leads into the mainlands of the northern section of Nintendes. The only way to get there is by traveling into Eranis Forest, then heading south, onto the slope. A number of Metazoan tribes live here, and have adapted to life on the swamp so well that they can climb and descend the dangerous slopes with ease.

6. Naevir - The town of Naevir is mostly inhabited by Metazoans, and those who plan on hiking the trails into the Gulliver Mountain Range. The Range extends as far as the eye can see from Naevir. Nothing can be seen beyond the mountains, even going as far as Jhorsonique. Thus, it is also called "the gate that leads to the other side of the world".

7. Castle Feol - An elegant, yet old castle that stands alone within the mist that surrounds the Feol Forest. The Wheaverseque family retreated from Jhorsonique and moved into the deepest part of the forest, and with the help of the Metazoans of the forest, constructed this castle. It was designed to look ancient and haunting within the fog that clutches the forest at night. It was here that the Wheaverseques would be left alone, and away from- what Eusey calls, "the surreal reality around the Pure Bloods."

8. Lunarius Spring - A large, mysterious spring that only reflects one object in its waters: the Moon. Opera Wheaverseque found it by accident.

9. Feol Forest - A forest said to be haunted by Chimera that hunger for Pure Bloods. It is said that the Wheaverseque family made a deal with the Chimera to tempt other Pure Bloods who come into the forest. Feol Forest is perfectly safe to travel in daylight. However, when the sun sets, the forest is quickly enshrouded by dense mist, making travel impossible.

10. Nor-Hale - Nor-Hale is a small tribal village where thick furred Metazoans live. There is no Autumn or Summer in Nor-Hale. It is Spring for five months, then Winter for the rest. For half of the Winter months, there is no daylight; essentially, for about one fourth of the year, it is eternal night.

11. Mundah Lake - A lake that freezes over during the Winter months of Haether Mountain. During the spring, the snow melts and most of the water washes away downstream towards Boillese Swamp and Jhorsonique.

12. Grand Northwest Gate - The Grand Northwest Gate is the official passage point from western Nintendes to northern Nintendes. This location is not under Jhorsonique's control, but rather the rival empire on the other side: Empuridah. Empuridah puts a monthly quota on the number of people-both Pure Bloods and Metazoans alike- who can travel between the gate. If the quota is reached, then one must wait until the beginning of the next month, which is usually crowded by the desperate. There is no waiting list; it is strictly first come, first serve.

13. Serenade Plains - A wide open field of nothing but tall grasses. It was called Serenade Plains, because it is thought that when the wind is just right, the entire field echoes, as if crying a person's name.

14. Gulliver Mountain Range - Also called the "the gate that leads to the other side of the world," the Gulliver Mountain Range splits north Nintendes from south Nintendes. There are many routes that lead from one side of the range to the other, but only two passages- the Adani Trail(left) and the Baton Trail(right)- are truly safe- in essence. Because of the popularity of these roads, there have been cases of thievery running amok. Mercenaries offer concerned travelers safe passage, but the price sometimes runs very high after a theft is reported.

15. Gullier - Those who cross the Adani or Baton Trails safely come across Guiller almost instantly. Because Gullier is so close to the Gulliver Mountain Range, many merchants from both the far reaches of north Nintendes and south Nintendes come here- and with them, many diverse faces. With these faces, comes facts and information from every corner of the world, so many people come seeking insider knowledge. Many tribes and clans have also settled here, making it a prime place to look for a place to call home. Gullier is considered the capital for Metazoans, because those that have lived here since birth recall never seeing a Pure Blood in their life. Also, since Gullier is right beyond the Gulliver Mountain Range, Jhorsonique cannot even see the bustling city, nor can Empuridah. It is considered a free land for Metazoans, but that alone is ironic. Because there is no fear of government from Pure Bloods, crime and mysterious killings run awfully high.

16. Sepula Lake - A lake that supplies the neighboring Guiller with its fresh water. According to historians, the lake was formed when the north and south sides of the Gulliver Mountain Range collided into one another, creating a displacement in the earth which is now the lake. Every couple of years, all of the snow from the Gulliver Mountain Range melts, causing massive floods around the area. Fortunately, this flooding renews the waters of the lake, as well as enriching the surrounding land with minerals not normally found in the native soil. As long as this cycle continues, Gullier need never worry about water depletion.

17. Iria - Iria is a village of Metazoans that is only accessible by air; there is no route by land. Climbing to the area is impossible, as the mountain slopes skyrocket hundreds of feet by walking a mere ten across. Most Metazoans leave the village during the Summers when the mountain snow melts, causing the floods down below. During those times, Iria is nothing more than a blank plateau lazily sitting on the mountain.

18. Western Gulliver Mountain Range - Whereas the east side is safer to travel, the west side of the mountain range is dangerous. It is only more dangerous as in the environment is considerably more hostile. There are many dead ends, and some who have traversed the mountainous maze never returned. On the other hand, one will never find thieves or search parties in these parts. It is simply inconvenient.

19. Mt. Haether - Pronounced "Aether" when a silent 'h', it is the native name of the mountain given by the inhabitants of Nor-Hale. Mt. Haether reaches highest into the sky compared to any other landscape, and it is also the most northern landmark in the entire world. The Gulliver Mountain Range can be seen from Mt. Haether, with long-lived legends suggesting that the Mountain was pushed away from the others as Nintendes formed.

20. Eranis Forest - A boreal forest that lies in the northwest section of northern Nintendes. It is the only obstacle that lets one go to Boillese Swamp. Due to being so close to Haether Mountain, it is not recommended to travel the forest during the Winter months. The major river that feeds the swamp runs through the forest constantly, even though the forest can reach below freezing.
I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal.
If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge,
and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing."

ó 1 Corinthians 13:1-2

Current Works:
None.

Last edited by Ignitedstar : 01-06-2009 at 06:23 AM.
Ignitedstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 02:59 AM   #108
Plasma Dragon
User

Submissions (4)

That's freaking good.

Old 01-11-2009, 12:57 AM   #109
Ignitedstar

RP Section Moderator

Ignitedstar has a spectacular aura about (102)Ignitedstar has a spectacular aura about (102)Ignitedstar has a spectacular aura about (102)Ignitedstar has a spectacular aura about (102)

Finally, I am able to post the southern half of Nintendes. It's not as nice, if you ask me. But, it's just a map.

South Nintendes
Click image for larger version

Name:	John.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	112.1 KB
ID:	39651
1. Baron Field - Although the landscape after leaving Gulliver does not belong to any Baron, it is simple a spin off of the appearance. Baron Field is... barren. There is no stench of death, nor is there any sign of vibrant life. Geographers have found Baron Field with curiosity, and believe that the pseudo-barren earth is due to all of the constant water that runs down the fields during the Summer, when the mountain snow of the nearby Gulliver Mountain Range melts. According to locals of Gullier, it is impossible for the average seed to sow due to the constant swamps that seem to appear and vanish year after year. There are only a few batches of trees that have been abused by the weather, otherwise.

2. Sienden's Sahara - The only Sahara that exists in Nintendes, covering most of the western half of south Nintendes. Sienden is thought to be the name of the one who founded the land, but there is no confirmation of this. It is covered in many thickets of tall, tanned grasses, and trees suited to live throughout the many years of constant drought. No season is more feared than mid Summer, when temperatures can potentially burn in the triple digits. Every several years during the Summer, the Berze Flood arrive in the far east. During this time, much vegetation and Metazoans alike will take what they can before the floods cease, and when the Sienden's Sahara begins to parch for the years to come.

3. Berze River - The Berze River cuts southern Nintendes almost in half, ending near the Akila Mangrove Forest. Normally, this river runs with clean, freshwater from the Gulliver Mountain Range. It is a very important resource for the Metazoans that live on both sides. Because the surrounding land near the Berze River is healthy with minerals due to the mountain water, people of many kinds settle the land to grow hard vegetation and cattle. Berze River has brought many prosper, but also conflicts between those who live near it.

Every several years, an event called the Berze Flood arrives. During this time, usually during the Summer, the snow of the mountains melt exceeding fast, causing the Berze river to widen by almost three times its normal size. The river is impassable for a few months, because of the torturous water currents. The flood usually lasts until around mid-Autumn, but it's also been known to go as far as early Winter.

The ending days of the Berze Flood is symbolized by the mysteriously calm waters as they recede to form the previous shape of the river.

4. Darien Desert - This wide mass of sand hardly receives any but the hardiest of visitors. The Gulliver Mountain Range prevents any part of the desert from receiving much rain. There is still rain, perhaps once every few years will precipitation fall. Due to the sand's low heat capacity, it is extremely hot during the day and extremely cold at night. The best times of travel are the few hours of dawn and dusk. Other than that, Darien Desert's seasonal climate is constant.

5. Cerra - Cerra is a small oasis village (ironically, it's quite big on the map) around the center of Darien Desert. The Metazoans that live here don't see many guests, but are hospitable to those in need. Cerra is considered nothing more than a place to rest. In the far background of Cerra, Yeimeir Palace can be seen in the distance.

6. Akila Mangrove Forest - Akila, a forest composed of trees that live in the water, their branches appearing like green clouds above the sea's horizon. It is unconfirmed whether or not Metazoans live in this environment.

The Mangrove Forest is composed of trees that specifically adapted to living in water. If one were to go the bottom of the forest, it is appear as if the trees are standing in the water, their roots revealed. The intricate root system of the forest keeps the water calm and make a very resourceful habitat.

7. Zeniba - Zeniba is a dense, tropical forest, housing potentially thousands of creatures. There are many things still unknown about the forest itself.

8. Ehernir - The village of Ehernir has little contact with the outside world. The channel that runs between the island and the mainland usually contains unforgiving sea currents, but this phenomena leaves the water beyond calm. The Metazoans that live their lives here have little to say about the bigger amount of the world around them. They prefer to stay out of their business. Thus, the village is shrouded by an aura of mysterious peace.

9. Ohe - Ohe is the name of the oldest tree of Nintendes. The entire island that Ehernir resides on is supported by this tree. One could say that the land was created by the roots that tangled itself amongst the rocks below. Clouds hang low near Ohe, so the top is usually surrounded by the white mist above. No one knows how high the tree's branches reach.

10. Yeimeir Palace - Yeimeir Palace is home to the one of the only Pure Bloods that live in the Darien Desert- and quite possibly, all of southern Nintendes. The Inura Palaeontolis family manage to live in the rustle of the desert. Initially, one might think why they are considered the second strongest family when there is no other Pure Bloods around. However, it is for that very reason that they have dozens of Savants at their disposal.

The Palace itself was designed to make full usage of the sand's ability to capture and release heat. Many, small channels circulate the lower, colder sand from the desert into the palace in the morning. At the same time, hot sand is pumped out of the palace at the same rate as the incoming sand. When the sun begins to set, the cycle reverses: hot sand is pumped in and stored, while cold sand comes out. This way, the Inura Palaeontolis family and their Savants live in comfort in such a desolate area. Do not be mistaken; they still must travel the desert to Berze River from time to time.

11. Northern Darien Desert - The northern areas of Darien Desert, unlike the rest of the desert itself, are relatively calm due to the Gulliver Mountain Range. Therefore, those who wish to pass the desert and head northeast towards Eastern Nintendes travel the northern regions of the desert.

12. Keu Chasm - Keu Chasm is a gigantic abyss in the crest of the planet. There is no proof of it leading to the Underworld, as some hypothesize. It is possible to go around Keu Chasm, taking the mountain pass that leads into Eastern Nintendes.

13. Reinbein Ocean - Reinbein Ocean is also called the "Aquatic Frontier," because no one knows what lies beyond it. Marine Metazoans stay within the boundaries of the ocean which are described as a constant flow of underwater currents. Going beyond that, then one has a new sea current; a whole new ocean. It strikes seafarers as exciting, but most others as terrorizing.

Most land-dwelling Metazoans only go as far as the Akila Mangrove Forest, because there claims to be nothing much else in Reinbein.

14. Wake's Calm - Wake's Calm is the what the water on the southern area of Ehernir is called. After the water current passes between the mainland and Ehernir, it enters this zone, where the water is relatively silent. Waves from the Reinbein Ocean slowly enter this area of the coast. It seems to be the only thing that keeps Wake's Calm from being dead quiet.

There are many monster legends about this area. The water is not only quiet, but the drop off point from the shore to the ocean depth is deep. This might be due to Keu's Chasm. The ones who do try to find the "monsters" have- so far, always return empty handed.
and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing."

Current Works:
None.

Last edited by Ignitedstar : 01-14-2009 at 01:58 AM.
Old 01-13-2009, 02:22 AM   #110
un_known
User

un_known has little to show at this moment (1)

Wow Star! I love zee mapz.
I accidentally even though I was in the middle of doing a monologue for play auditions started going on and on about a war between humans & humanoids. Somehow I got the lead role.... freaky?... It was meant to be a strange monologue.

I have a Character forming.... I think.... And A certain lake is involved I'll message you about it.... Eventually..

What the people of this world do not know will never hurt them.
un_known is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 01:33 AM   #111
Ignitedstar

RP Section Moderator

Thanks.

Uh... what? That is kind of freaky. Congratulations, I guess? lol

I've finished the last two places (13 and 14). That's all we really need, for now. Besides, when I finished northern Nintendes, I thought it was big enough. Little did I know Southern Nitendes would be so expansive, yet lacking a lot of landmark-worthy places.

Current Works:
None.

Last edited by Ignitedstar : 01-14-2009 at 01:51 AM.
Old 01-14-2009, 02:35 AM   #112
un_known
User

A question Star. Do the character have to resemble humanoid shape in any way or can they be completely different from a humanoid shape...

"Luna, you must be loony. I don't see why Johnson would kill Beckie its an impossibility your bringing up. They just got married for heavens sakes, who would kill there own bride." Jordan whispered.

"Oh I don't know. I see many reasons to kill your own bride. Might be the fact that when Beckie died Johnson gained about 5 million in life insurance." Luna replied.

"Will you two stop whispering you sound like conspirators. For all we know it could have been you that killed Beckie." Corey said. He hadn't spoken for awhile and was deep in thought. No one trusted him with good reason.

Yes that was abit random but those are three lines from the play I'm in. A Web of Murder....

Old 01-14-2009, 02:57 AM   #113
Hunter of Shadows
User

Hunter of Shadows is on a distinguished road (13)

I'd say they have to resemble a humanoid shape
Hunter of Shadows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 03:08 AM   #114
un_known
User

I thought that as well but I wanted to clarify it abit. Since Metazoans is a term that includes all shapes of animals. I had a pretty freaky idea of a character. Time to put him away in a closet for awhile unless I hear otherwise about they don't have to be humanoid shape.

Old 01-14-2009, 09:08 PM   #115
Ignitedstar

RP Section Moderator

Yes, humanoid appearance only.

My goodness. Typing on a game console using a controller sucks! I would type more, but WC3C apparently logged me out for no reason. As soon as my computer is back to normal, I will elaborate.

Current Works:
None.
Old 01-14-2009, 11:07 PM   #116
un_known
User

Ok. Well I still can pull off this Character but will have to curb part of his appearance.

Old 01-15-2009, 02:59 AM   #117
Ignitedstar

RP Section Moderator

Whew. Finally.

Now, continuing from where I first started: Yes, all Metazoans have a human-like shape. The only exception from this are other pure blooded animals, like real birds and the like. Yes, real animals do exist, and one of the reasons for that is because of Ei Puribus, or when a pure blooded human reincarnates into another animal.

I really want to find some exceptionally drawn images, but haha... that's so rare.

Current Works:
None.
Old 01-26-2009, 02:06 AM   #118
Ignitedstar

RP Section Moderator

These are not necessarily RP ideas, but only here to put out some ideas for a story.

---

Soulmates

The dark always yields to light... but the light cannot travel without the dark... Like soulmates that stubbornly refuse to admit their love for one another, they will cry, yell, and fight... But in the end, they will unify their spirits, and color a world consumed by gray.

Two people sit in a world consumed by gray. There is nothing to be felt around them, except the hard, concrete colored floor below them. No air to be felt, no light to be seen, nothing to be heard except their own voices. However, if this is a world of nothing, why is it that their voices fill the unmaterial around them?

"What are we waiting for?" One of them say.

"A miracle," the other weakly replies.

A moment of silence.

The first one continues, "How long are we waiting?"

"Until we die."

---

The Composer

"For a Composer, there is power within music. With their music, they may contact and lift the woes of the heart. With their song, they may relieve the heaviness of the spirit."

"But what does that mean? How am I supposed to help people if they won't listen?"

"This is when you combat them using your spirit. Fight them with your baton, but not in the way they think you will. They may not listen, but as a Composer, the planet will hear you well, for she has been ignored, too. All you need do then, is to command the music with you heart. Then sing the song that sleeps in the soul. The planet will listen, and join you in your duet."

Current Works:
None.
Old 07-29-2009, 05:38 PM   #119
The Dark One
User

The Dark One will become famous soon enough (25)

We dream, we always had, we will always do.

Itís just a dream, just a nightmare, itís just your imagination.

But what if we were WRONG? What if thy did exist somewhere? And what if thy didnít like our dreams?

What are THY? What can THY do? And most importantly what would happen when Thy dream about us?

In the realm of Mentalous, entities who were forced to take the forms given to them by whiled human imagination roam around trying to overcome, make pace with or change what thy become. But the door between the realms swings both ways which literally brought our worst nightmares to life.

Dive in the realms of fantasy with your favourite imaginary creature, or summon your nightmares to rain havoc on the real world, whatever your choice, the realms of Mentalous awaits you.

With each human character, one or more mental would be associated. Parameters of the human character and the mental characters will be discussed with every body (hopefully Hunter would join us too).
The idea has some rough edges that need working and I am open for suggestions.
Old 07-29-2009, 10:54 PM   #120
Plasma Dragon
User

Submissions (4)

So, we would play human characters that have familiars of which can shapeshift into whatever the human desires?

I am intrigued, even though the idea is bare currently. Interesting nonetheless.