wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Warcraft III Modding > Artist's Corner > Stories / Writing > RP Forum
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Old 06-27-2007, 08:26 PM   #1
Taur
#8 in posting (nolifeftw)

Taur is a jewel in the rough (215)Taur is a jewel in the rough (215)Taur is a jewel in the rough (215)Taur is a jewel in the rough (215)

Default Out of Character Discussion (new thread)

Since the old OOC thread was getting huge I made a new one.

This thread is for all NON-story posts that have to do anything with RPing. If your post is about a certain RP you should probably say something like

<RP NAME HERE>

At the start of your post.

If you want we can have 1 OOC thread for each RP and 1 for general.
Taur is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 06-27-2007, 09:05 PM   #2
Plasma Dragon
User

Submissions (4)

Plasma Dragon has little to show at this moment (3)

Send a message via AIM to Plasma Dragon Send a message via MSN to Plasma Dragon

I'll think up more to come, but now, I have a good general idea of where it's headed, starting it is the primary factor. and I like the old OOC thread, so many memories...56 pages of memories to be exact.

Plasma Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2007, 04:49 PM   #3
Taur

Taur is a jewel in the rough (215)Taur is a jewel in the rough (215)Taur is a jewel in the rough (215)Taur is a jewel in the rough (215)

Seriously though plasma I dont like how you set this up. We kind of need something to build on. Like are all the warlocks friends or are they at each other's throats. What kind of warlocks live there. Do the warlocks themselves have any plans. Are there any insidious forces at work. Maybe tell us what is going to happen at the tavern like is there someone there looking for warlocks/minions or what.

Also if you're a minion do you have to have a master.
Old 06-28-2007, 06:20 PM   #4
Plasma Dragon
User

Submissions (4)

Taur, half your questions, I've already answered @_@

They're friends if you want to be firends with the other RPers, they're enemies if you want your's to hate everyone elses.

Quote:
a neutral village containing warlocks of both factions but warlocks only. (as for what kinds live there)

quest to research more summoning (ok, pretty basic for what the main point is, I'll edit in more)

The Eredar, or corrupted Draenei, hope to turn on the foolish warlocks once they have served their purpose... (is that not insideous enough?)

But if you'd like to be different and have two minions, or just be a minion with no master, go for it. (It says it right there...)

I know there needs to be more information, but I'm developing the main turning points of the RP in my head, I may have made it, but I don't write it. What I want to happen, and what people will RP towards, are very spaced out, unless I do something that will force the RPers to react, which I've been thinking about.

I know it's skeletal, but that's what RPs are for, the meat are the people that shift the story. There will be turning points where I will force the RPers to take notice so it's not pure chaos, but I don't want to give away the whole RP because surprise in story and how your character reacts to them are a big part of what makes RPs interesting.

I'll further develop the background as soon as I can but I still want to leave a lot open for people to choose.

EDIT: The RP has been updated in both lore and NPCs, what the participants will be doing will be revealed shortly after the RP begins.

Last edited by Plasma Dragon : 06-28-2007 at 07:21 PM.
Old 06-28-2007, 08:14 PM   #5
Taur

I would just like to know what kind of thing we're doing so I know what character we're trying to make. Do I want something exotic like a naga, or something that can communicate better with others. Just tell us what we will be doing to attract more people and give us an idea.
Old 06-28-2007, 08:45 PM   #6
Plasma Dragon
User

Submissions (4)

you're making a warlock...of some sorts. It can basically be any race you want it to be seeing as the village attracted beings from across all of Azeroth. If you want to make a naga warlock...that would be wierd and odd but interesting to see how you'd place it amongst the others. If that was what you were thinking or just an example, whatever.

I can't help feeling that I'm not grasping your question fully...could you elaborate?

Old 06-28-2007, 09:10 PM   #7
Taur

I'd like to know a little bit about the quest or whatever that characters have to go through. Of successful RPs: The Great Pillage had an outlined conflict going on so we had something to do, The Awakening had the goals of the RP outlined, Blades of Light also had the goals of the RP outlined, A bull's place in the world did not but that was a different kind of RP than this is and was popular for different reasons. Not sure about mercenaries I didnt RP in it. But I think it would be better if you had a small bit outlined especially since we're attracting new people not RPing with the same.
Old 06-28-2007, 09:54 PM   #8
Plasma Dragon
User

Submissions (4)

I think I know where you're going...and I think I just missed a crucial part of an RP that is required on our character sheets...Affiliation.

I'll think it over and develop a counter.

Old 06-29-2007, 06:10 PM   #9
Ignitedstar

RP Section Moderator

Ignitedstar has a spectacular aura about (102)Ignitedstar has a spectacular aura about (102)Ignitedstar has a spectacular aura about (102)Ignitedstar has a spectacular aura about (102)

Send a message via MSN to Ignitedstar Send a message via Yahoo to Ignitedstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plasma Dragon
I know there needs to be more information, but I'm developing the main turning points of the RP in my head, I may have made it, but I don't write it. What I want to happen, and what people will RP towards, are very spaced out, unless I do something that will force the RPers to react, which I've been thinking about.

I know it's skeletal, but that's what RPs are for, the meat are the people that shift the story. There will be turning points where I will force the RPers to take notice so it's not pure chaos, but I don't want to give away the whole RP because surprise in story and how your character reacts to them are a big part of what makes RPs interesting.

That's how I feel about my RP. It was just difficult to put it into words to type.
I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal.
If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge,
and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing."

1 Corinthians 13:1-2

Current Works:
None.

Last edited by Ignitedstar : 06-29-2007 at 06:11 PM.
Ignitedstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 07:38 PM   #10
Taur

RPing is all about putting your thoughts into type
Old 06-29-2007, 08:17 PM   #11
Plasma Dragon
User

Submissions (4)

RPing may be, but RP making is all about not putting your thoughts to type until the proper time, just most of it is revealed at the beginning, not all.

Old 06-29-2007, 08:43 PM   #12
Taur

You've really hardly revealed anything plasma, again we're trying to attract people I would appreciate it if you had some kind of quest outline or RP goal or whatever.
Old 06-30-2007, 01:47 AM   #13
Plasma Dragon
User

Submissions (4)

I will rewrite ASF, rest assured. If I might suggest, Taur, I would like you to create an RP along with Star and I. It seems that a new series of available RPs might advertise us and attract more members, but also because since Star's is more closed and mine is facing a revamp. People, as in the people that don't exist, are almost forced to accept mine since the alternative has history they didn't participate in. Also, if I see the style your talking about if you create an RP with us, I can use it as a model for mine in the revamp. Surely you have some ideas for good RPs that are stuck in your head. I would appreciate it to publisize the section so I can have more than two people in ASF.

Old 06-30-2007, 02:04 AM   #14
Ba1100n_Drag0n
User

Ba1100n_Drag0n is on a distinguished road (10)

((I'm joining ASF when I get the chance.))
Old 06-30-2007, 03:15 AM   #15
Plasma Dragon
User

Submissions (4)

I'm glad you held off, actually. Notice to all people interested in ASF, the name is the same, but the storyline has differed greatly. Description of the RP has been revamped along with the NPCs and the Points of interest. I have updated the map aswell. This should give point to the RP and give the RPers a choice of sides.