wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Warcraft III Modding > Project Discussion > Map Testing
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Old 10-06-2007, 09:05 AM   #1
TEC_Ghost
User

TEC_Ghost will become famous soon enough (65)TEC_Ghost will become famous soon enough (65)TEC_Ghost will become famous soon enough (65)

Default Fragball! v1.0 Beta

Fragball is a fast paced action shooter using the MaDOS physic system by MaD[lion]

Trying to keep suit with Unreal Tournaments fast gameplay Fragball delivers a quick pickup and frag experience!

Currently the map is Beta, it is by all means playable and bug free. I haven't even come close to all the features I want to add yet, but this seemed a good starting release build.

The main objective of the map is to be the first to reach a certain amount of kills determined by the host. Gameplay options that are implemented right now are.

-ig (Instagib, 1 hit kills, the fastest of the gameplays)
-pu (PowerUp can be tagged onto Instagib mode and the default mode, spawns random powerups around the map)

Normal mode is default meaning you start with 1k hp and 100 dmg and have to kill your enemies.

If you have powerup mode on you'll be picking up many power ups during the match, here's a list of what's currently in the map.

[ Weapon Powerups ] "Obtaining additional powerups of the same type makes them more powerful"
-Normal Ball (Your default starting ball extra levels add crit and bash)
-Frost Ball (Fires the same as the normal ball, but adds slowing effects and extra damage.)
-Atomic Ball (Once it hits the ground it emminates radiation in a 200 AOE, additional levels add more damage.)
-Super Ball (One it hits the ground it splits into multiple Normal Balls, additional levels add more splits)

[ Item Powerups ]
-Manual of Health (Adds 200 hp to your maximum)
-Manual of Speed (Adds 60 movement speed)
-Manual of Damage (Adds random 20-30 damage) *Stays even after you die*
-Shield ( 10 seconds of Invulnerability )
-HP Restore ( Restores 800 HP )
-Fly Boots (Double's your jumping distance and height for 15 seconds)
-Long Shot ( Double's your shooting range for 15 seconds)

Much more is planned to be added, I already have ideas for at least 5 more weapon types. And additional modes like 'Assault' and 'CTF' and 'Tag'.

There is also AI Bot support, just replace a human slot with computer, difficulty depends on the computer's difficulty you selected (Watch out for those insane bots!)

All comments / suggestions / bitching accepted :)

Download: HERE

Screenshots
Hidden information:

Zoom (requires log in)

Zoom (requires log in)

Zoom (requires log in)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg fragball1.jpg (634.0 KB, 346 views)
File Type: jpg fragball2.jpg (747.1 KB, 315 views)
File Type: jpg fragball3.jpg (800.4 KB, 272 views)
Attached Files
File Type: w3x Fragballv1betaprotected.w3x (1.17 MB, 118 views)

Projects

Last edited by TEC_Ghost : 10-06-2007 at 09:44 PM.
TEC_Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 10-06-2007, 05:18 PM   #2
Anopob
Yay!

Anopob has a spectacular aura about (120)

Heard about this in the other thread, downloading it right now. Will edit when I finish testing, can't wait :D
Better Ways of Requesting For Help - Race Contest #2 WIP Thread (Bone Race)
As of December 1st I have my blue rep. Yay :D
Anopob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 07:49 AM   #3
PotatoPeeler
User

PotatoPeeler has little to show at this moment (4)

NICE, that atomic ball one is just what i need to make my stun nade. Can you give me the source of it :D

Pwitty Pweze
PotatoPeeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 09:24 PM   #4
TEC_Ghost
User

TEC_Ghost will become famous soon enough (65)TEC_Ghost will become famous soon enough (65)TEC_Ghost will become famous soon enough (65)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PotatoPeeler
NICE, that atomic ball one is just what i need to make my stun nade. Can you give me the source of it :D

Pwitty Pweze

Collapse JASS:
//! runtextmacro BeginBounce("AtomicBallBounce")
local unit tempdummy
    set tempdummy = CreateUnitAtLoc(GetOwningPlayer(P), 'n000', GetUnitLoc(P), bj_UNIT_FACING )
    call UnitAddAbilityBJ( 'A002', tempdummy )
    call IssuePointOrderLocBJ( tempdummy, "flamestrike", GetUnitLoc(P) )
    call DestroyEffect(AddSpecialEffect(udg_ballmodel,GetUnitX(P),GetUnitY(P)))
    call RemoveUnit(P)

//! runtextmacro EndBounce()

Nothing to complex, Triggers when the ball hits the ground, I have a dummy unit with the spell, he casts it and I detect him and remove him in a different trigger for some gameplay issues, this triggers to fast and would remove him before he got the spell off so I had to change it a bit.

Projects
Old 10-08-2007, 01:36 AM   #5
MaD[Lion]
MaD Da ViNci

Respected User

Submissions (10)

MaD[Lion] is a jewel in the rough (225)MaD[Lion] is a jewel in the rough (225)MaD[Lion] is a jewel in the rough (225)MaD[Lion] is a jewel in the rough (225)

In future MaDOS u can also create timed objects, tat automatically remove itself after some time, you can then use this as dummy unit, without making new trigger to clean it up :)
U can now also make timed objects manually by declaring an object behaviour for this timing :P Nothing hard to do, but i think it is kinda messy to make a new behaviour just for timed cleanup
Timing SystemTiming system that simulates the usage of PolledWait just with 0.01 accuracy

Last edited by MaD[Lion] : 10-08-2007 at 01:39 AM.
MaD[Lion] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 11:06 PM   #6
Anopob
Yay!

Alright, tried it, it's pretty cool. Some things though:
  • balls are kinda too big, sometimes you can't see
  • not sure about this, but could you change balls? maybe you could add that if you want
  • more descriptive words and phrases on the balls, IMO it was kinda weird playing it the first time.
  • I know you said you'll add it, but more weather options and one that is "none"
  • more game modes

Well okay it might sound like a complaint but all I'm saying is it's great atm for BETA, and update frequently with new things like modes (eg. team DM).
Old 10-09-2007, 12:03 AM   #7
TEC_Ghost
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anopob
Alright, tried it, it's pretty cool. Some things though:
  • balls are kinda too big, sometimes you can't see
  • not sure about this, but could you change balls? maybe you could add that if you want
  • more descriptive words and phrases on the balls, IMO it was kinda weird playing it the first time.
  • I know you said you'll add it, but more weather options and one that is "none"
  • more game modes

1.What do you mean to big? Like the models?
2.Yeah, did you not use -pu Powerup mode? Basically power up mode spawns all the different Item/Weapon powerups that allow you to change balls.
3.On the ball powerups or what, because when you get a ball in the bottom left of your command panel it has an ability that tells you what the ball does, what ball you have and what level your ball is at.
4.Ya there will be more weather next version and I'll make an option to disable weather.
5.MANY more to be added :)

Projects
Old 10-09-2007, 12:48 AM   #8
MaD[Lion]
MaD Da ViNci

Respected User

Submissions (10)

MaD[Lion] is a jewel in the rough (225)MaD[Lion] is a jewel in the rough (225)MaD[Lion] is a jewel in the rough (225)MaD[Lion] is a jewel in the rough (225)

also try place trees smart and give them passive collision. This will allot balls to bounce off trees without much lag :)
Timing SystemTiming system that simulates the usage of PolledWait just with 0.01 accuracy
Old 10-09-2007, 02:06 AM   #9
TEC_Ghost
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaD[Lion]
also try place trees smart and give them passive collision. This will allot balls to bounce off trees without much lag :)

One step ahead of you ;) Got some big trees with collision in one of the other arenas I'm working on.

Projects
Old 10-09-2007, 07:40 AM   #10
PotatoPeeler
User

PotatoPeeler has little to show at this moment (4)

so do i just replace where it does damage with this?
Quote:
//! runtextmacro BeginBounce("AtomicBallBounce")
local unit tempdummy
set tempdummy = CreateUnitAtLoc(GetOwningPlayer(P), 'n000', GetUnitLoc(P), bj_UNIT_FACING )
call UnitAddAbilityBJ( 'A002', tempdummy )
call IssuePointOrderLocBJ( tempdummy, "flamestrike", GetUnitLoc(P) )
call DestroyEffect(AddSpecialEffect(udg_ballmodel,GetUnitX(P),GetUnitY(P)))
call RemoveUnit(P)

//! runtextmacro EndBounce()
PotatoPeeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 08:27 AM   #11
TEC_Ghost
User

No that is a Bounce Behavior, you'll need to paste that in the Behavior trigger area, and rename it to whatever you want. Then give your Stun Grenade that bounce behavior with
Collapse JASS:
set YourObjectName.BehaviourBnc = Behaviour.Bnc_YourBounceBehaviorName

You'll also need to make a dummy unit in the object editor if you're using that system and give it whatever spell you want it to cast.

Projects
Old 10-09-2007, 11:19 PM   #12
Anopob
Yay!

Yes, I did mean smaller models, I meant changing balls as in once you get an Atomic ball and then a Frost Ball you can't go back to Atomic Ball can you?, and finally description in the Quests or before you pick the ball up.
Old 10-10-2007, 12:48 AM   #13
MaD[Lion]
MaD Da ViNci

Respected User

Submissions (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEC_Ghost
No that is a Bounce Behavior, you'll need to paste that in the Behavior trigger area, and rename it to whatever you want. Then give your Stun Grenade that bounce behavior with
Collapse JASS:
set YourObjectName.BehaviourBnc = Behaviour.Bnc_YourBounceBehaviorName

You'll also need to make a dummy unit in the object editor if you're using that system and give it whatever spell you want it to cast.

You dont really need to put the code into the behaviour trigger part. You can paste it anywhere, as long as its above the are where u assign behaviours.
Next version will allow u to declare the behaviour anywhere tho
Old 10-10-2007, 01:21 AM   #14
TEC_Ghost
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anopob
Yes, I did mean smaller models, I meant changing balls as in once you get an Atomic ball and then a Frost Ball you can't go back to Atomic Ball can you?, and finally description in the Quests or before you pick the ball up.

Ya you can go to any ball you want, it'll reset it's level once you change though. And there is a ball description in the quests already that explains their abilities :)

Projects
Old 10-10-2007, 02:28 AM   #15
Anopob
Yay!

Oh okay, and I meant ball changing like equipment/inventory style.