wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Warcraft III Modding > Project Discussion > Project Recruitment
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Old 09-02-2007, 12:39 PM   #1
Maxlmash
User

Maxlmash has little to show at this moment (0)

Default Mech Assault: Modellers Skinners Animators.

Mech Assault: The Fuel Of War

Hey everyone,
I am making a map called Mech Assault, It is set in the future. As far as i know there isnt a map like it, i think the closest something would come to being like this is... elimination tournament but that still does not justify what the map will be like
Game play information:
This info is what i originally posted about my idea on my clan forums
http://www.undeadassault.net/forums/...pic.php?id=249 to see the original.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximash
Ive been working on this for about a week now, its a mech map, as you can tell. But instead of using the usual huge 'tank' mechs, im doing something differrent, the mechs will be small, almost like exosuits. Anyway, at the start, you choose a mech in a mothership (there is one mothership per team) by pressing arrow keys left and right to see stats(like on the azeroth grand prix), and Esc to select it.
Once everyone has chosen their mech, they are then able to walk around the mothership, to buy upgrades from the engineering bay. At this point, a timer will show, "Time till Dropship Departure" mechs must get to the dropship before the timer reaches zero, or they will have to wait for the next dropship (Dropship will leave if all mechs are inside). Those that are in the dropship will be ferried across the battlefield. They can drop out at any time and begin attacking outposts scattered around the map. The ultimate goals are to take as many outposts as possible because they give extra troop support (More AI), to Board+Destroy the enemy mothership (To win) and to kill as many enemy mechs and troops as possible because they give credits you can use to buy new weapons, armor and upgrades. The map will have custom terrain, custom trees & doodads, abilitys like attaching a time bomb to a tree and throwing the tree at an enemy and plenty of melee attacks. Beta testing will begin in roughly 2-3 weeks time. Here are a few Concept arts of what the mechs will (hopefully) look like-

By the first beta test there will most likely only be one mech model (second one down is nearing completion, no promises just yet though! Edit: The guy isnt responding to me anymore, and thus i have no models going atm...). Express your thoughts and comments here! :P

New!!: Firing system, To fire your primary weapon(normally a machine gun/railgun/AutoRPG launcher/Claws-in the case of the frog mech at the top) , which can be fired at anything, rightclick on a target or target area, to fire your secondary weapon(normally a homing missile/Emp launcher), which can only be fired at a target, left click a target.
Movement system: The models will have extra groups, more than just 'Head' And 'Chest', so that i am able to make the gun face a point without having to turn the unit around; You can now fire while running, you can fire to your right while running forwards (cool eh?), im still working out a way to stop it from going 360 degrees around the mech but it should be finished soon.

Ive decided that you will be able to choose maps, like on elim tourny, the first map will be in a pine woodland, with a large war-torn clearing in the center, by the first beta testing, there might be another map to choose from aswell.
Edit:Scrap that >.> makes it too cramped.

The hopper mech will be able to jump into the air really high and use stabilisers to keep it in the air for a while and fire down on enemys, as a result, im adding a targeting system, if you are attacked it will notify you, then if you press esc within 3 seconds of it attacking you, you will target that enemy. You will be able to turn this option off though, if you are not under attack and you press escape you will target a random unit in front of you. This includes jumping mechs like the hopper. Basically your mech's targeting system will be fully customiseable to however you want to play, so at the start you configure your bot how you want it, then you leave to fight.

NEW!!!
Full Mech Stat list

M.A.X- Mechanised Assault Xeno
Medium speed
Low acceleration
Unique Jump Power(Explained below)
High Damage
Medium armor
Weapons & abilitys
Primary Weapon: Plasma Claws, Claws that can cut through steel.
Secondary weapon: Combat Nanites, Infects an enemy with combat nanites,the nanites dig into the mech and start fiddling with controls, then then get into the pilot's blood stream and kill blood cells. Slows the mech and damages over time.
Horizontal Jump:Jumps further forward than up.
Jump Attack:While jumping, if you land on an enemy, you will damage them for up to 3x normal damage.

A.C.E Assault Class Exo-Skeleton
High Speed
High acceleration
Medium Jump
Low Damage
Low Armor
Weapons & abilitys
Primary Weapon:MG82 Rifle, specially made for the A.C.E, burst fire weapon with explosive rounds.
Secondary Weapon:RPG launcher, Fires a rocket at a target, Dealing high damage and lowering armor for a few seconds (Stacks).
Anti Obstacle system:If you run into a tree or a rock, you do not slow down, you simply strap a time bomb to the obstacle and throw it in the direction of a random enemy, or your target if you have one.(this has a cooldown, so you cannot spam it)

A.A.H-Apache Aero Hopper
Medium Speed
Low Accelleration
Unique Jump Power
Medium damage
Medium Armour
Weapons & Abilitys
Primary Weapon:Quad Gauss cannons, Four gauss cannons mounted on the front of the mech.
Secondary Weapon:EMP Missile, fires an EMP missile at a target, stunning it for 2 seconds,damaging it, and slowing its speed for 5 seconds.
Stabilizers:When the mech jumps, it can activate its stabilisers to hold itself in the air like a helicopter, giving a wide field of vison and fire.
Kamakaze Rocket: The mech packs itself into a rocket shape, and launches down into the ground, killing everything in a large radius

REV6-RaKian Earth-Dome Vanguard(Vanguard of the Earth-Domes.Copyright of RaKian inc.)
Low Speed
High Acceleration
Medium Jump Power
Medium Damage
High Armour
Weapons & Abilitys
Primary Weapon:Dual Laser Rifles,Two laser rifles that can burn any metal into a liquid in .20 seconds.
Secondary Weapon:Napalm cluster, Fires a cluster of napalm rockets at an enemy, burning them over time, and blinding them for a few seconds.
Concentrated Guns:Does more damage the closer an enemy gets.
EMP Wave:Fires off a huge EMP blast, that stuns,damages and slows all enemys, in a huge radius for 3 seconds.(this stuns but doesent slow or damage REV6).

Neviathan-Neviathan
High Speed
Low Acceleration
High Jump Power
High Damage(but slow firing)
Extremely Low Armor(this unit can basically be killed with one/two shots, but it can probably kill you with one shot :P)
Weapons & Abilitys
Primary Weapon:Six(it will have six not four cannons) HE Flak Cannons,Six high explosive flak cannons that do insane damage, but take ages to fire again.
Secondary Weapon:Instant Fire, Instantly fires all six cannons at a target, regardless of primary weapon cool down.
Shockwave:Shoots all Cannons into the floor, launching Neviathan into the air, and knocking back and damaging all units in the blast Radius.
Artillery Mode:Neviathan Plants itself into the ground, and acts as a turret, while doing this neviathan's guns will fire consequetivley, meaning no cooldown, but a faster rate of fire, also increases range and armour.

Story:
The world is in a post nuclear crisis, after a terrorist group fired a nuclear missile on russia, russia retaliated, and fired upon every possible country that could of fired the missile, in turn everyone began firing more missiles at everyone. Thousands died, and the worlds population was decimated, huge rainforests reduced to huge barren wastelands, Ice caps melting and flooding islands across the globe. Eventually, all the countries came to an agreement; They will not use nuclear weapons ever again. After that everything went crazy, it was a race to create the best war weapons before the enemy, without using nukes. Thus the Mechs were born; robotic machines, equipped with state of the art weaponry, built in humanoid to arachnid forms. These mechs dominate the battlefield, some of them can jump over 40x there height, some can jump, stabilise and rain fire down from the air, some can melt titanium in .20 seconds. Though to create these battle machines, it requires resources. Now two factions fight each other over the scarce regions of the world that hold the Fuel of War.

Dont get this mistaken with the mech assault2 game, this is nothing like it.
Well im looking for a modeller, animator and a skinner. Atm its just me and an amazing JASS triggerer named Silvenon. I need someone who is willing to try out new things which arent on regular wc3 models(such as new animations, and model groups), and has a way of communicating with me, Either through Msn messenger, Xfire, Team Speak, or email.

Edit:Skinner not needed anymore.

I hope someone can see the potential this map has, and will help us out.
If you need more details for the map or for anything else. Let me know here or PM me. Thanks Maximash

P.S. On the gameplay link i have given you it says i have been working on that for a week, if you check the date i posted it, I've obviously been working on it longer. And i know it says i have only joined today, but my other account seems to have been disabled due to me not being online for long period of time.

Last edited by Maxlmash : 09-15-2007 at 07:17 AM.
Maxlmash is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 09-02-2007, 06:53 PM   #2
Anitarf
Procrastination Incarnate

Development Director

Submissions (19)

Anitarf has a brilliant future (883)Anitarf has a brilliant future (883)Anitarf has a brilliant future (883)Anitarf has a brilliant future (883)Anitarf has a brilliant future (883)Anitarf has a brilliant future (883)Anitarf has a brilliant future (883)Anitarf has a brilliant future (883)

2008 Spell olympics - Fire - SilverApproved Map: Old School Alliance TacticsHero Contest #2 - 3rd PlaceSpell making session 2 winner

You should include some gameplay information in your first post, people should not have to visit another site to learn what the game will be like.
Old 09-03-2007, 11:15 AM   #3
Maxlmash
User

Understood, i will CnP the info over to here.
Old 09-12-2007, 03:00 PM   #4
Maxlmash
User

Bumping, i hope there are some animators out there who can help me...
Old 09-14-2007, 03:16 PM   #5
Maxlmash
User

Bumping again >.> Im guessing this thread doesent get looked at much...
Old 09-14-2007, 09:59 PM   #6
Ghost.X
User

Ghost.X has little to show at this moment (5)

Send a message via MSN to Ghost.X

You can ask me for music and sound effects if you need.

So how far are you on this project? Are you still in concept? I was going to make a mech map myself but dropped the idea and thought the same idea could apply only not exclusively mechs.

My Catch Phrases: ALIBIBIDAK! FISH'N'CHIPS! IT'SDAHBOOTIE! BOO! HIO CHANG!

Last edited by Ghost.X : 09-14-2007 at 10:02 PM.
Ghost.X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2007, 07:10 AM   #7
Maxlmash
User

Sound effects could be used... we are getting close to the first beta though, terrain is being polished off, and Silvenon is slowly scripting away. Dont suppose you could make me some explosion sounds? Possibly a sound set for the mechs? Oh and if you can, a walking/running sound for when the mechs move. If you can do that, it will rock :D.

Edit:Can i ask if you like the name and story? The Fuel Of War... I wasn't sure about it, and i havent got a second opinion yet.

Last edited by Maxlmash : 09-15-2007 at 07:14 AM.
Old 09-18-2007, 02:11 AM   #8
Ghost.X
User

Ghost.X has little to show at this moment (5)

Send a message via MSN to Ghost.X

The story is ok except for the part of Russia just bombing everyone afterwards. You have to admit they got to have more sense then that. I will upload a few effects I made when I was bored. I tested them in a map, thy work pretty well for future like weapons. I can be your effects man if you wish. I can also help test and give some gameplay tips. I like pondering over that stuff.

Oh and you'll have to waitf or me to get my cable internet going which will hopefully be soon. My e-mail is silver_ghost.x@hotmail.com if you want to talk more. Here's those effect samples.
Attached Files
File Type: rar Charge Up.rar (45.1 KB, 11 views)

My Catch Phrases: ALIBIBIDAK! FISH'N'CHIPS! IT'SDAHBOOTIE! BOO! HIO CHANG!

Last edited by Ghost.X : 09-18-2007 at 02:15 AM.
Ghost.X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 09:06 PM   #9
Maxlmash
User

Okay then, i guess i can declare officially on the team ^.^ lol. I'll check out your effects soon, and do you have Xfire? Msn Messenger? (I don't check my email too often). And i will let you do some testing with me :D, Silvenon has alot of work to do so he probably won't make it to beta tests...