wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Resources > Code Resources > Samples
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Old 08-18-2007, 07:56 PM   #1
zeroXD
User

Submissions (1)

zeroXD is on a distinguished road (16)

Default Spellbook: Multiple Pages

A simple trick to allow a spellbook ability to have multipple pages, allowing a single unit to have a nearly limitless amount of spells.

The map includes instructions on how to implement the system and setup a spellbook.

Edit: New version with a few comments in the code and updated instructions.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Spellbook.jpg (5.3 KB, 1547 views)
File Type: jpg SpellbookPages.jpg (190.5 KB, 1147 views)
Attached Files
File Type: w3x Spellbook - Multipple Pages.w3x (54.7 KB, 951 views)

Last edited by zeroXD : 09-26-2007 at 12:22 PM.
zeroXD is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 08-18-2007, 08:28 PM   #2
Hey its X
Dance puppet dance!

Submissions (1)

Hey its X will become famous soon enough (48)Hey its X will become famous soon enough (48)

You just put spellbooks in spellbooks didnt you? :s

Hey its X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 11:41 PM   #3
zeroXD
User

Submissions (1)

No, I just made a spellbook with two or more levels and changed the ability's level when used.
Old 08-19-2007, 01:02 AM   #4
Crazed_Hobo
User

Crazed_Hobo has little to show at this moment (0)

or another way it could be done is by adding all the abilities you want it to have into 1 spellbook at 1 level, disable all the abilities at first, then enable and disable them depending on the page.
Crazed_Hobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 02:05 AM   #5
moyack
Evil Emoticon

Respected User
Project Leader: PoC

Submissions (17)

moyack is a splendid one to behold (666)moyack is a splendid one to behold (666)moyack is a splendid one to behold (666)moyack is a splendid one to behold (666)

AI Tournament #2 - 2nd PlaceHero Contest - Second place

Send a message via MSN to moyack

EDIT:

I was checking your system, and I had to rewrote my whole post :P

well, it's not bad, but it can be improved in some way.

First of all, this system has many relationship with the object editor part, so I think the explanation should be added to the first post too.

About the code to control the spellbook, it looks ok and it works, but it would be easier to use if you use Jass New Gen Pack and become this into a library. Doing this makes your system less dependable of udg_global vars, making it easier to implement in other maps.

Last edited by moyack : 08-19-2007 at 02:37 AM.
moyack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 12:09 PM   #6
zeroXD
User

Submissions (1)

Quote:
or another way it could be done is by adding all the abilities you want it to have into 1 spellbook at 1 level, disable all the abilities at first, then enable and disable them depending on the page.

That IS another way, but it would require an extremely long list for every single ability to disable/enable.

Quote:
About the code to control the spellbook, it looks ok and it works, but it would be easier to use if you use Jass New Gen Pack and become this into a library. Doing this makes your system less dependable of udg_global vars, making it easier to implement in other maps.

Will be done, once I am 100% sure that I can use it right :P I was a few months too late starting to learn vJASS.

EDIT: Oh, and I wonder: is there any abilities that casts instantly, that is not called "Wind Walk" or "Berserk", and does not interrupt the units orders? :P For some reason, if I use those abilities for next/previous page, abilities based on any of those don't want to cast.

Last edited by zeroXD : 08-19-2007 at 12:15 PM.
Old 08-19-2007, 02:14 PM   #7
moyack
Evil Emoticon

Respected User
Project Leader: PoC

Submissions (17)

moyack is a splendid one to behold (666)moyack is a splendid one to behold (666)moyack is a splendid one to behold (666)moyack is a splendid one to behold (666)

AI Tournament #2 - 2nd PlaceHero Contest - Second place

Send a message via MSN to moyack

I'm not sure, but I've heard that instant spells based on channel could work. Unfortunately I can't check it for you. Test and tell me if it works.
moyack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 02:31 PM   #8
zeroXD
User

Submissions (1)

Hmm, I was unable to make channel cast instantly, but it stopped all the units orders as well, so I don't think I will use that.
I also discovered another bug: when I flip to another page, orders issued after the page flip is qued (spelled right?) instead of being executed at once.
Old 08-19-2007, 07:33 PM   #9
Pyrogasm
Lackadaisically Absent.

Respected User

Submissions (9)

Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)

Hero Contest - Fourth place

Send a message via ICQ to Pyrogasm Send a message via AIM to Pyrogasm Send a message via MSN to Pyrogasm Send a message via Yahoo to Pyrogasm

"Queued"
Your spells are mostly ignored because they are not very cool so we aren't very excited to review/approve them, but you are incredibly persistent and won't give us an excuse to graveyard it. That is generally what results in a resource being ignored for a long time.

The Spell Request Thread Done for, unless someone else wants to revive it...
It lasted a damn long time.

Please; Ask for Help Appropriately

Quote:
Originally posted by Kyrbi0
Huh. Almost makes me wish I had a girlfriend, to take advantage of today (wait, no, that's not what I meant... I mean, take advantage of the fact that it is international women's day... gah, never mind).
Quote:
Originally posted by Pyrogasm
Rome may not have been built in a day, but the Romans sure as hell didn't say "look at this great city we built guys!" when they had nothing more than a bit of stone and some cottages.
Pyrogasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 12:40 PM   #10
blu_da_noob
Nonchalant

Respected User

Submissions (2)

blu_da_noob is just really nice (398)blu_da_noob is just really nice (398)blu_da_noob is just really nice (398)blu_da_noob is just really nice (398)blu_da_noob is just really nice (398)blu_da_noob is just really nice (398)

[Quicksilver #2] - 2nd Place[Quicksilver#1] 1st place

Send a message via MSN to blu_da_noob

Worth a sample.
Old 08-27-2007, 02:50 PM   #11
Vexorian
Free Software Terrorist

Technical Director

Submissions (37)

Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)

Hero Contest #3 - 2nd Place

This is actually pretty smart, the other way would require an spellboox ability for every ability in the other page, this saves a lot of work
Turns your simple code into something that is complicated enough to work.
Faster != more useful
Vexorian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 12:07 PM   #12
zetanno
User

zetanno has a little shameless behaviour in the past (-7)

i downloaded your spellbook. but when i try to test the map i can't. what's the problem and please tell me how can i create a spellbook like yours
zetanno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 03:43 PM   #13
Vexorian
Free Software Terrorist

Technical Director

Submissions (37)

Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)

Hero Contest #3 - 2nd Place

Make sure you got the latest patch, I will remove the other post you made in a separate thread, please don't do that again.
Turns your simple code into something that is complicated enough to work.
Faster != more useful
Vexorian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 04:35 PM   #14
San-D
User

San-D has little to show at this moment (0)

I cant import the code to my map, it aways findes a incompleate line or something (I don't know s*it about JASS and the other thingies), can someone land me a full, NOOB-FrRIENDLY manuel, how to import this spellbook on my map!!!?
San-D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 10:05 AM   #15
zetanno
User

zetanno has a little shameless behaviour in the past (-7)

i have updated my warcraft to 1.21 . your map is working but i can't use your spellbook on my map...why?if i press NEXT PAGE nothing happen
zetanno is offline   Reply With Quote