wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Warcraft III Modding > Project Discussion > Map Testing
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Old 08-01-2007, 10:46 AM   #1
HyperActive
User

Submissions (1)

HyperActive is on a distinguished road (18)

Default [Campaign] Hoof of Honor Download!

Some time ago in some tauren town, lived a tauren like no other. Unlike his brothers who devoted their lives to serve the Earth Mother, Neparne was more interested in science. He spent many hours solving the greatest mysteries of mechanics, which he loved the most. In one of his experiments he accidentally destroyed half a town, and got banned to set hoof in it ever again. Now, we follow his story...which is about to get worst...

Interlude: Once in a Forest
Chapter 1: A Generous Favor
Chapter 2: Cave of Horrors
Submap for Chapter 2
Chapter 3: The Earth Mother
Chapter 4: Engineers Task
Chapter 5: Payback Time
Credits

Creators Comment:
I've made this campaign 4-5 months ago when I was learning jass, AI, and getting a better handle over the World Editor. Currently I'm designing a story for my new campaign, so before I start actually making it, I would like to hear some critics on this one, what you like and what you dislike. Try it, you won't be sorry.
Attached Files
File Type: rar HoH.rar (1.98 MB, 258 views)
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 08-01-2007, 12:19 PM   #2
Pyrogasm
Lackadaisically Absent.

Respected User

Submissions (9)

Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)

Hero Contest - Fourth place

Send a message via ICQ to Pyrogasm Send a message via AIM to Pyrogasm Send a message via MSN to Pyrogasm Send a message via Yahoo to Pyrogasm

There are a rather large amount of spelling and grammar errors... and I've only watched the interlude and played the first chapter.
Your spells are mostly ignored because they are not very cool so we aren't very excited to review/approve them, but you are incredibly persistent and won't give us an excuse to graveyard it. That is generally what results in a resource being ignored for a long time.

The Spell Request Thread Done for, unless someone else wants to revive it...
It lasted a damn long time.

Please; Ask for Help Appropriately

Quote:
Originally posted by Kyrbi0
Huh. Almost makes me wish I had a girlfriend, to take advantage of today (wait, no, that's not what I meant... I mean, take advantage of the fact that it is international women's day... gah, never mind).
Quote:
Originally posted by Pyrogasm
Rome may not have been built in a day, but the Romans sure as hell didn't say "look at this great city we built guys!" when they had nothing more than a bit of stone and some cottages.
Pyrogasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 06:09 PM   #3
HyperActive
User

Submissions (1)

Yeah, I've kinda rushed there.
;)
Old 08-01-2007, 07:26 PM   #4
Rao Dao Zao
www.raodaozao.net

MDL & Resource Moderator

Submissions (27)

Rao Dao Zao has a brilliant future (817)Rao Dao Zao has a brilliant future (817)Rao Dao Zao has a brilliant future (817)Rao Dao Zao has a brilliant future (817)Rao Dao Zao has a brilliant future (817)Rao Dao Zao has a brilliant future (817)

Approved Map: When the Freedom Slips Away

Send a message via MSN to Rao Dao Zao

There aren't enough spelling and grammar mistakes to make you lose the plot or simply stop playing, Pyro. A minor complaint only.

Just got to the shrine and have to defend for 40 minutes... Will continue with that tomorrow.

So far: Neparne seems a little weak, considering you're still at the one-man-army stage. Or else there's not enough healing kit/points for you to retreat conveniently to. His walk speed was a little slow too, and since there's no spammed creeps to keep you occupied on the long treks...

The underwater map, you need to do with fog and not fade filters. No tooltips or hit-point bars... Eurgh.

Otherwise, it's looking rather fine.

Last edited by Rao Dao Zao : 08-01-2007 at 07:27 PM.
Rao Dao Zao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 07:55 PM   #5
Xapphire
User

Submissions (1)

Xapphire has little to show at this moment (2)

Send a message via MSN to Xapphire

Its acually good, I enjoyed playing it, better than what i can do, maybe work on the landcape a bit, but its fine.

Creative Terrainer, And Item Creator
Xapphire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 08:26 PM   #6
HyperActive
User

Submissions (1)

I was wondering why I couldn't see the tooltips in the underwater map. Thanks for the feedback, much appreciated!
Old 08-01-2007, 11:43 PM   #7
Pyrogasm
Lackadaisically Absent.

Respected User

Submissions (9)

Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)

Hero Contest - Fourth place

Send a message via ICQ to Pyrogasm Send a message via AIM to Pyrogasm Send a message via MSN to Pyrogasm Send a message via Yahoo to Pyrogasm

I wasn't saying it was unplayable, just that they were noticeable and present.
Your spells are mostly ignored because they are not very cool so we aren't very excited to review/approve them, but you are incredibly persistent and won't give us an excuse to graveyard it. That is generally what results in a resource being ignored for a long time.

The Spell Request Thread Done for, unless someone else wants to revive it...
It lasted a damn long time.

Please; Ask for Help Appropriately

Quote:
Originally posted by Kyrbi0
Huh. Almost makes me wish I had a girlfriend, to take advantage of today (wait, no, that's not what I meant... I mean, take advantage of the fact that it is international women's day... gah, never mind).
Quote:
Originally posted by Pyrogasm
Rome may not have been built in a day, but the Romans sure as hell didn't say "look at this great city we built guys!" when they had nothing more than a bit of stone and some cottages.
Pyrogasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 12:10 PM   #8
Anitarf
Procrastination Incarnate

Development Director

Submissions (19)

Anitarf has a brilliant future (883)Anitarf has a brilliant future (883)Anitarf has a brilliant future (883)Anitarf has a brilliant future (883)Anitarf has a brilliant future (883)Anitarf has a brilliant future (883)Anitarf has a brilliant future (883)Anitarf has a brilliant future (883)

2008 Spell olympics - Fire - SilverApproved Map: Old School Alliance TacticsHero Contest #2 - 3rd PlaceSpell making session 2 winner

The fire item doesn't display cooldown, tooltips are lacking (no mention of spike traps having an expiration timer, or that neparne's first ability can't hit air units), and the grammar and spelling errors were already mentioned. Dialogues are average.

Especialy the first mission is really boring, the last one rather hard and overall it's nothing special. You get to fight creeps most of the time. Repetitive and uneventful.
Old 08-17-2007, 01:41 AM   #9
HyperActive
User

Submissions (1)

My next campaign will be much more interesting and polished, that I promise... as long as I manage to finish it... :)
Old 08-23-2008, 10:47 AM   #10
Frostmagus777
User

Frostmagus777 has little to show at this moment (0)

Would have been better if it was a serious campaign, in RP terms, but the abilities were good. The terraining was ok, pretty good. The story was a bit poor, but thats just because it wasnt serious :P but overall it was really good, well done it must have taken you ages.
Frostmagus777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008, 12:12 PM   #11
HyperActive
User

Submissions (1)

Nope, about 2 months. It would have gone a lot faster it I had some help. Now I wanna make a new campaign, but I just don't have enough time and inspiration. I started a Hero Defense map, which I planed for some time now, but who knows if it's gonna be finished.

Anyways, thanks for the comments!
Old 11-22-2008, 08:59 PM   #12
whitecrusader13
User

whitecrusader13 has little to show at this moment (1)

there a bug in a mission, when u save the dwarf. the key fkced up and he keep it till end of the campaign,cant drop it. So he have 1 items slot wasted. The last mission is hard man and bit boring but still its a great campaign

Last edited by whitecrusader13 : 11-22-2008 at 09:00 PM.
whitecrusader13 is offline   Reply With Quote