wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Warcraft III Modding > Project Discussion > Map / Campaign Projects
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Old 07-31-2007, 04:54 AM   #1
Nubcookie
User

Nubcookie will become famous soon enough (34)Nubcookie will become famous soon enough (34)

Send a message via AIM to Nubcookie
Thumbs up (6) The Island

Roflcopter Down presents:
The Island

Summary:
Over 2,000 years ago, demons with hearts as black as night, planned a grand invasion against the forces of good. After years of merciless fighting, the capital city of the forces good was crumbling, defeat was imminent until the winds of change blew in favor of good. The Dark Lord's Viceroy was within feet of the king of good. His dark heart jumped, knowing his reward would be beyond his wildest dreams. It was within that moment that none other than a young boy, who had been drafted to defend his country, stabbed the Viceroy in his moment of revelation.

The Viceroy's infamous sword, Catastrophism, fell to the marble floors of the palace and emitted a bone-shattering shockwave and a deafening screech; it called back to it's true master...

For ages, it was believed that this chronicle of the kingdom of good was nothing but a legend until lately... A dark plight has once again fallen over the land. The once united, amalgamated states of the once powerful kingdom of good, had broken apart to form six estranged states. Reports of small towns being engulfed by darkness sent fear through the spines of the six vain, incompetent rulers of "good". Fearing for the worst and with nothing to lose, each state sent their wisest and most powerful champion to reclaim the fabled sword to defeat the darkness which has engulfed the land...

Gameplay:
Six heroes are placed on an island. It is a brutal race to level up and gather five demon souls to reforge the dark sword, Catastrophism. The first part of play involves a race to level 10. Once you reach level 10, you should be powerful enough to enter the tainted part of the island to gather souls and reforge Catastrophism. During this part of play, FFA duels will happen in one of three unique arenas every few minutes (this can be turned off). The first player to collect 5 demon souls and reforge Catastrophism, will have to hunt down and defeat the other 5 players. Players killed in this manner cannot respawn normally and can only help the remaining players defeat the sword owner. If the sword owner is defeated, another living player can use 5 souls and reforge it and hunt down the remaining players. If the sword bearer defeats the rest of the players, he will have to face the greatest evil the world has ever known...

Features:
  • Dynamic, strategic gameplay involving fully customized heroes.
  • Small map size for easy distribution of battle.net
  • "WoW"-like respawn system, upon dying, the player retains control of a ghost. The player needs to direct his/her ghost to the corpse of his/her hero to respawn. To prevent abuse of this system, players who die and respawn too many times in a timer period are given a debuff and respawn with less and less health.
  • Five abilities per hero, each hero has four hero abilities and one unit ability to allow for greater strategy and more in dept gameplay
  • Storyline powered multiplayer gameplay!
Team:

Progress:
Terrain - 95%, more doodads, dammit!
Heroes - 75%, need to create several more spells and one more hero completely
Triggers - 85%, dueling system works (for the most part) with multiple arenas, some special arena features need to be added, bugs, etc.
Balance - 75%, this depends on how far I have gotten with heroes
Items - 10%, very few custom items, need balance
Multiboard - 99%, bugs only seem to come up when other triggers are changed, otherwise it is 100% sexy

Misc.:
Special thanks to:
Darkwulfv

Heroes: coming soon.
Pix: more coming soon.

Screenshots:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrain
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ingame

Windows is a 32 bit extension and a graphical shell for a 16 bit patch to an 8 bit operating system originally coded for a 4 bit microprocessor, written by a 2 bit company that can't stand 1 bit of competition.

Roflcopter_Down presents:
Archers: CTF - v0.99b
The Island [new!]

Last edited by Nubcookie : 08-04-2007 at 08:35 PM. Reason: Added pix
Nubcookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 07-31-2007, 05:23 AM   #2
darkwulfv
Alpha Male of Wc3c

Official Map Reviewer

Submissions (6)

darkwulfv is just really nice (270)darkwulfv is just really nice (270)

Send a message via AIM to darkwulfv

You asked me to post here, so here I go.

The shaman is gonna be elemental, hope you don't mind.

Lightning Burst - A large blast of lightning is unleashed from the shaman, dealing damage to all enemies in X radius, and slowing their attack speeds for X seconds.

Rockslide - Targets an AoE and hurls gigantic mystical bolders at the area, stunning and damaging all enemies inside. (Cluster Rockets with a nice boulder SFX)

Firebolt - Launches a billowing ball of flames towards a target unit, damaging it. The fireball then explodes, dealing damage to all enemies around the hero.

Wolf Ancestry - The Shaman calls upon his ancestor's connection with the wolves, increasing his attack and move speed with each level of the ability. (Passive)

Elemental Apocolypse - The Shaman unleashes all his magical energy, depleting all his mana (after casting) and cutting his remaining health by 75%. All 3 of his elemental spells are activated at once, targeting a unit.

Hope you like him :D
a dota like map but with unique stuff
(There was no map attached, and that was all the thread said.)
Spells I've Made

Darkwulfv's Lightning Grapple || Tritanis' Lazy Bolt

darkwulfv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 05:30 AM   #3
Nubcookie
User

Nubcookie will become famous soon enough (34)Nubcookie will become famous soon enough (34)

Thank you!
Windows is a 32 bit extension and a graphical shell for a 16 bit patch to an 8 bit operating system originally coded for a 4 bit microprocessor, written by a 2 bit company that can't stand 1 bit of competition.

The Island [new!]
Old 07-31-2007, 06:00 AM   #4
Pyrogasm
Lackadaisically Absent.

Respected User

Submissions (9)

Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)

Hero Contest - Fourth place

Send a message via ICQ to Pyrogasm Send a message via AIM to Pyrogasm Send a message via MSN to Pyrogasm Send a message via Yahoo to Pyrogasm

4 damage spells != good. This is not an AoS; there's more emphasis on surviving than nuking the crap out of everything else.

'tis my take on it.
Your spells are mostly ignored because they are not very cool so we aren't very excited to review/approve them, but you are incredibly persistent and won't give us an excuse to graveyard it. That is generally what results in a resource being ignored for a long time.

The Spell Request Thread Done for, unless someone else wants to revive it...
It lasted a damn long time.

Please; Ask for Help Appropriately

Quote:
Originally posted by Kyrbi0
Huh. Almost makes me wish I had a girlfriend, to take advantage of today (wait, no, that's not what I meant... I mean, take advantage of the fact that it is international women's day... gah, never mind).
Quote:
Originally posted by Pyrogasm
Rome may not have been built in a day, but the Romans sure as hell didn't say "look at this great city we built guys!" when they had nothing more than a bit of stone and some cottages.

Last edited by Pyrogasm : 07-31-2007 at 06:05 AM.
Pyrogasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 06:06 AM   #5
darkwulfv
Alpha Male of Wc3c

Official Map Reviewer

Submissions (6)

Rawr to you and your takes. He's an offensive psycho-caster that's all! HE'S JUST MISUNDERSTOOD!! You've made the shaman emo, you bastard!

Collapse JASS:
function EmoCut takes unit cutter, string bodypart, integer redblood, integer blueblood, integer greenblood, string sharpness returns nothing
endfunction

function cutcutcut takes nothing returns nothing
local unit Shaman = GetMisunderstoodUnit()

call EmoCut(Shaman, "wrists", 255, 0, 0, "horrendously sharp")
call KillUnit(Shaman)

set Shaman = null
endfunction
Spells I've Made

Last edited by darkwulfv : 07-31-2007 at 06:13 AM.
Old 07-31-2007, 06:44 AM   #6
Nubcookie
User

Wow, you guys had fun.

The Island [new!]
Old 07-31-2007, 06:46 AM   #7
darkwulfv
Alpha Male of Wc3c

Official Map Reviewer

Submissions (6)

You don't know the conversations Pyro and I have at 3 in the morning.
Spells I've Made

Old 07-31-2007, 07:04 AM   #8
Nubcookie
User

Nope.
*tear*

/emo
Hidden information:
/wrists

The Island [new!]
Old 07-31-2007, 07:55 AM   #9
darkwulfv
Alpha Male of Wc3c

Official Map Reviewer

Submissions (6)

Fool! Use EmoCut! That's what Pyro invented it for.
Spells I've Made

Old 08-01-2007, 07:43 PM
Xapphire
This message has been deleted by Xapphire.
Old 08-03-2007, 04:05 AM   #10
Pyrogasm
Lackadaisically Absent.

Respected User

Submissions (9)

Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)

Send a message via ICQ to Pyrogasm Send a message via AIM to Pyrogasm Send a message via MSN to Pyrogasm Send a message via Yahoo to Pyrogasm

The Hero-Select area has been re-done to not look crappy:

Your spells are mostly ignored because they are not very cool so we aren't very excited to review/approve them, but you are incredibly persistent and won't give us an excuse to graveyard it. That is generally what results in a resource being ignored for a long time.

Quote:
Huh. Almost makes me wish I had a girlfriend, to take advantage of today (wait, no, that's not what I meant... I mean, take advantage of the fact that it is international women's day... gah, never mind).
Quote:
Rome may not have been built in a day, but the Romans sure as hell didn't say "look at this great city we built guys!" when they had nothing more than a bit of stone and some cottages.
Old 08-03-2007, 04:30 AM   #11
Nubcookie
User

Ah, you beat me to uploading it! I'll add it to the op.

The Island [new!]
Old 08-03-2007, 06:22 AM   #12
Nubcookie
User

Updated the op. The map has taken a slightly different path, it now entails an epic storyline!

And shit, after rereading it, it sounds a lot like LOTR...

The Island [new!]
Old 08-03-2007, 07:51 AM   #13
Pyrogasm
Lackadaisically Absent.

Respected User

Submissions (9)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nubcookie
And shit, after rereading it, it sounds a lot like LOTR...
Lol. Vaguely.

Just another note about the project, Nubcookie and I were discussing how the player with the sword would go about killing the other players when I realized that the players without the sword would surely ally against the player with the sword.

Thus, I suggested that the game become stealth-based for a while and that no player would know when one player got the sword. Thus, the more players you can kill without them knowing who it is who killed them, the better. Maybe silencing player chat or something.

Some more brainstorming ideas were that the sword would give shadowmeld and would drop on death and lose a "soul", which the next prospective owner would have to replace to be able to use. Or maybe it would give the ability to attack a player once without being seen to make it seem as though they were just killed by a creep.

Additionally, we were thinking of the ability to shapeshift while you possess the sword.

Anybody got any ideas as to how that might play out?

Quote:
Quote:
Old 08-03-2007, 09:31 AM   #14
Anitarf
Procrastination Incarnate

Development Director

Submissions (19)

Anitarf has a brilliant future (883)Anitarf has a brilliant future (883)Anitarf has a brilliant future (883)Anitarf has a brilliant future (883)Anitarf has a brilliant future (883)Anitarf has a brilliant future (883)Anitarf has a brilliant future (883)Anitarf has a brilliant future (883)

2008 Spell olympics - Fire - SilverApproved Map: Old School Alliance TacticsHero Contest #2 - 3rd PlaceSpell making session 2 winner

I say make the sword ownership public and let the sword make you powerful enough to be able to take on 2 or 3 heroes alone. The player who gets the sword first is obviously good and should be given a challenge. The sword should give abilities that support hit&run tactics (like good regeneration, move speed bonus) or abilities that only work against multiple foes (splash damage, chain lightning with increasing damage per bounce, passives that damage all enemies in area whenever the sword wielder takes damage) so even if all 4 other players team up the sword wielder stands a chance by bleeding them slowly, however if he's a crappy player the other players still stand a chance even if for example only two of them are smart enough to team together, as long as those two play well. Heck, there's so many abilities you could give the sword that the type of the sword could depend on the hero type.
Old 08-03-2007, 09:40 AM   #15
Pyrogasm
Lackadaisically Absent.

Respected User

Submissions (9)

Hrm... different abilities depending on which hero is wielding it.

Or maybe they depend on the souls you use (if there were more than 5 ways to get souls, that is).

Quote:
Quote: