wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Warcraft III Modding > Developer's Corner > Triggers & Scripts
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Old 07-31-2007, 03:44 AM   #31
Nubcookie
User

Nubcookie will become famous soon enough (34)Nubcookie will become famous soon enough (34)

Send a message via AIM to Nubcookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castlemaster
Pyro man, you are a lifesaver.
I can't thank you enough for putting that much effort into that. I tried repping, but it says I need to "spread it around some more" ><.

Must....fight....urge to dump all spells on pyro. *tick*
That's what I'm doing. ;P

And you can give me some rep if you need to "spread it around some more", don't be shy.
Windows is a 32 bit extension and a graphical shell for a 16 bit patch to an 8 bit operating system originally coded for a 4 bit microprocessor, written by a 2 bit company that can't stand 1 bit of competition.

Roflcopter_Down presents:
Archers: CTF - v0.99b
The Island [new!]
Nubcookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 07-31-2007, 05:57 AM   #32
Pyrogasm
Lackadaisically Absent.

Respected User

Submissions (9)

Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)

Hero Contest - Fourth place

Send a message via ICQ to Pyrogasm Send a message via AIM to Pyrogasm Send a message via MSN to Pyrogasm Send a message via Yahoo to Pyrogasm

Rofls. You didn't even read the first page, did you Nubcookie?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Me
Don't request more than 1 spell at a time.

At any rate, I'll add Envenom to the list.
Your spells are mostly ignored because they are not very cool so we aren't very excited to review/approve them, but you are incredibly persistent and won't give us an excuse to graveyard it. That is generally what results in a resource being ignored for a long time.

The Spell Request Thread Done for, unless someone else wants to revive it...
It lasted a damn long time.

Please; Ask for Help Appropriately

Quote:
Originally posted by Kyrbi0
Huh. Almost makes me wish I had a girlfriend, to take advantage of today (wait, no, that's not what I meant... I mean, take advantage of the fact that it is international women's day... gah, never mind).
Quote:
Originally posted by Pyrogasm
Rome may not have been built in a day, but the Romans sure as hell didn't say "look at this great city we built guys!" when they had nothing more than a bit of stone and some cottages.
Pyrogasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 06:09 AM   #33
Toink
User

Submissions (3)

Toink is on a distinguished road (17)

Send a message via Yahoo to Toink

The spells look pwetty and simple :D Me wants to use it :D

Well on the other note, I will join Pyro making spells if a suggestion inspires me to, or if he has shitloads of spells on the waiting list.
Toink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 06:14 AM   #34
Nubcookie
User

Nubcookie will become famous soon enough (34)Nubcookie will become famous soon enough (34)

Send a message via AIM to Nubcookie
BUG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyrogasm
Rofls. You didn't even read the first page, did you Nubcookie?

At any rate, I'll add Envenom to the list.
I assumed you knew I knew that, once you finished one, the other one would be instantly queued up.
Windows is a 32 bit extension and a graphical shell for a 16 bit patch to an 8 bit operating system originally coded for a 4 bit microprocessor, written by a 2 bit company that can't stand 1 bit of competition.

Roflcopter_Down presents:
Archers: CTF - v0.99b
The Island [new!]
Nubcookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 09:36 AM   #35
Fulla
Evil Overlord

Submissions (3)

Fulla has a spectacular aura about (79)Fulla has a spectacular aura about (79)Fulla has a spectacular aura about (79)

Ah awesome, This could speed up DoD2 development.
Heres one for you>>

Table:
Beguile

Channeling - Continuously gains control of all nearby non-hero/organic enemy units. When the spell finishes or is broken, controlled/effected units return to their original owner/controller.

Each level increases duration & area.

SFX - Prefably the charm sfx on units that are initiated under control, and if possible some form of pulse/mini nova coming from the Caster each second, resembling the caster's will being shot out.

MUI - Not necessary
JASS - prefably
Levels - 4 Max

thank you
Old 07-31-2007, 09:59 AM   #36
Pyrogasm
Lackadaisically Absent.

Respected User

Submissions (9)

Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)

Send a message via ICQ to Pyrogasm Send a message via AIM to Pyrogasm Send a message via MSN to Pyrogasm Send a message via Yahoo to Pyrogasm

Righto - I'll add you Fulla.
Your spells are mostly ignored because they are not very cool so we aren't very excited to review/approve them, but you are incredibly persistent and won't give us an excuse to graveyard it. That is generally what results in a resource being ignored for a long time.

Quote:
Huh. Almost makes me wish I had a girlfriend, to take advantage of today (wait, no, that's not what I meant... I mean, take advantage of the fact that it is international women's day... gah, never mind).
Quote:
Rome may not have been built in a day, but the Romans sure as hell didn't say "look at this great city we built guys!" when they had nothing more than a bit of stone and some cottages.
Old 07-31-2007, 11:35 AM   #37
Pyrogasm
Lackadaisically Absent.

Respected User

Submissions (9)

Finished with burningice95's spell: Grace of the Gods
Grace of the Gods:
Grace of the GodsThe hero channels for up to 15, 20, or 35 seconds, after which he gains attack damage and armor based on how long he channeled for. After 60 seconds when these bonuses expire, the hero is healed for an amount based on how long he channeled. During channeling, the hero gains 5 bonus armor.

Level 1 - Gains 5 damage and 2 armor and will be healed for 25 health per second channeled.
Level 2 - Gains 7 damage and 3 armor and will be healed for 32 health per second channeled.
Level 3 - Gains 9 damage and 4 armor and will be healed for 40 health per second channeled.

If channeling is interrupted for any reason, all accumulated bonuses will be applied.
Grace of the Gods.zip
Attached Files
File Type: zip Grace of the Gods.zip (102.8 KB, 113 views)

Quote:
Quote:
Old 07-31-2007, 01:21 PM   #38
Pyritie
Doesn't come here often

Submissions (9)

Pyritie will become famous soon enough (47)Pyritie will become famous soon enough (47)

Send a message via MSN to Pyritie

Ooo I could have a use for fulla's one too, actually...
Pyritie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 06:39 PM   #39
Rising_Dusk
Obscurity, the Art

Projects Director
Project Leader: OD

Submissions (27)

Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)

Hero Contest #3 - 1st PlaceApproved Map: Desert of ExileApproved Map: Advent of the ZenithHero Contest #2 - 1st PlaceHero Contest - Third place>

Send a message via AIM to Rising_Dusk Send a message via MSN to Rising_Dusk

Lol, Fulla.
That was one of the more difficult spells to code and make work correctly in DoE.
I think Pyro might meet his match there. :p

Last edited by Rising_Dusk : 07-31-2007 at 06:39 PM.
Rising_Dusk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 07:35 PM   #40
burningice95
User

burningice95 has little to show at this moment (3)

Send a message via AIM to burningice95 Send a message via MSN to burningice95 Send a message via Yahoo to burningice95

Thanks pyro!
Old 07-31-2007, 08:48 PM   #41
Pyrogasm
Lackadaisically Absent.

Respected User

Submissions (9)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising_Dusk
Lol, Fulla.
That was one of the more difficult spells to code and make work correctly in DoE.
Are you kidding me? That sounds really easy. What complications am I expecting to run into?

Edit: I mean, I could see a problem if it was supposed to be MUI and two players' casts overlapped, but...

Quote:
Quote:

Last edited by Pyrogasm : 07-31-2007 at 08:50 PM.
Old 07-31-2007, 10:42 PM   #42
Fulla
Evil Overlord

Submissions (3)

Fulla has a spectacular aura about (79)Fulla has a spectacular aura about (79)Fulla has a spectacular aura about (79)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising_Dusk
Lol, Fulla.

Huh? Dont recall seeing it.
Which Hero has it, ill check it out.
Old 08-01-2007, 11:03 AM   #43
Pyritie
Doesn't come here often

Submissions (9)

Pyritie will become famous soon enough (47)Pyritie will become famous soon enough (47)

Send a message via MSN to Pyritie

I think I have one if you aren't busy.
Pyritie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 11:04 AM   #44
Pyrogasm
Lackadaisically Absent.

Respected User

Submissions (9)

I am and I'm going on vacation on the 3rd. But add it to the list if you must; I'll close the thread before I leave.

Edit: I've nearly finished Fulla's spell... but I just can't figure out how to detect which units are out of range of any instance of the spell (I've made it MUI) so that I may remove the buff from them and return them to their respective owners.

Who's got an idea?

Quote:
Quote:

Last edited by Pyrogasm : 08-01-2007 at 11:05 AM.
Old 08-01-2007, 12:26 PM   #45
Gorman
.▲▼▲&#9

Submissions (2)

Gorman will become famous soon enough (57)Gorman will become famous soon enough (57)

Send a message via MSN to Gorman

im pretty sure envenom can be done using the normal spell changing methods... btw loved ur concept art nubcookie =P

@rising: seems pretty simple to me... and i suck...

@ pyro: cant u jsut use the same methods as u would if the spell ends? except just hav it as a seperate event "unit with buff moves more then 100000000 away from caster ==> remove buff, return unit to owner player X" well u get the general idea... the fact that ur much better at triggering then me makes my ideas pretty useless, but thats how id do it...

heres a spell for u:

Name: Forest walk
Levels: 3 (levels increase mana persecond rate, and max distance movable and cooldown)
Description: targets a single tree in a group of trees, and moves the whole group, (not just in a large circle, i want it to work for irregular groups, i sugest using sumthing that detets which trees are within 10 of the target, and wat trees are close to those trees etc etc) , 20 (units of distance), for every second the caster channels for, directly away from the caster. this cannot take the woods off the map. 15 second cool down. (please use something that finds all others 'like' the original,so i can use it with different tree sets)
Tooltip: The mage speaks to the ancient spirits that inhabit the woods, asking them to move the trees.
GUI or JASS?: GUI prefferabley, but if you dont think it will work in GUI do it in JASS =)
MUI?: ok!!!!!!!

hav fun!

Last edited by Gorman : 08-01-2007 at 01:55 PM.
Gorman is offline   Reply With Quote