wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Resources > Code Resources > Systems
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Old 10-02-2009, 05:28 AM   #166
cosmicat
Probably AFK

cosmicat will become famous soon enough (71)cosmicat will become famous soon enough (71)cosmicat will become famous soon enough (71)

What Tot's asking for is a "one size fits all" implementation that would make maps simultaneously compatible with pre-1.23 and post-1.23 versions of Warcraft III. Theoretically, it's possible, but I suspect the kludgery needed to get it to work right would cause massive efficiency problems. It's generally better, I think, to just make maps compatible with 1.24+ and assume everyone has a legal copy of Warcraft III or at least has access to an illegal patch. The few that don't fall into this category, like the Chinese exchange student next door, aren't necessarily interested in the latest-and-greatest custom maps anyway, and if they are they can give Blizzard fifteen to twenty bucks for a copy that works. endrant
Old 10-02-2009, 01:48 PM   #167
Tot

Tot will become famous soon enough (53)Tot will become famous soon enough (53)

problem is fixed...played on b-net last night --> 1.24b installed
I'm to lazy to deinstall and patch to 1.23-1 --> can use it now as it is

--> increased performance --> better map --> 1.24b not that evil
  • hunting emos
Old 10-02-2009, 04:47 PM   #168
cosmicat
Probably AFK

cosmicat will become famous soon enough (71)cosmicat will become famous soon enough (71)cosmicat will become famous soon enough (71)

Not evil at all, you lunatic.
Old 10-02-2009, 04:49 PM   #169
Tot

Tot will become famous soon enough (53)Tot will become famous soon enough (53)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmicat
Not evil at all, you lunatic.

10 from 9 voices tell me I'm normal, the 10th sings the Helloween-theme.
  • hunting emos
Old 11-19-2009, 02:08 AM   #170
Anitarf
Procrastination Incarnate

Development Director

Submissions (19)

Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)

2008 Spell olympics - Fire - SilverApproved Map: Old School Alliance TacticsHero Contest #2 - 3rd PlaceSpell making session 2 winner

Major update. Changelog in the first post. Enjoy.
Old 11-20-2009, 11:50 PM   #171
Flame_Phoenix
retired coder | real ilfe

Submissions (10)

Flame_Phoenix has a spectacular aura about (90)Flame_Phoenix has a spectacular aura about (90)Flame_Phoenix has a spectacular aura about (90)Flame_Phoenix has a spectacular aura about (90)

Send a message via MSN to Flame_Phoenix

I am happy this was finally updated. If I was not a retired coder I would start reading the documentation right now to use the new functionalities :D
3-Making a spell in vJass - Practice Session 1
Check out all my current spells at here
Finally, check my project:
Castle vs Castle Flame Edition
Flame_Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 10:29 AM   #172
D3zmodos
User

D3zmodos has little to show at this moment (8)

I'm not a retired coder *starts reading the documentation* :D

After a quick sneak peak it looks pretty cool...+rep :D

EDIT: Shouldnt you mention the requirements for the ABuff Addons (like ABuff Item) somewhere in that first post?

EDIT2: If you do not have SpellEvents (its optional), the compiler (zoxc's...dunno if pjass does) throws 12 errors because the local variables are then accessed without being initialized. I guess you could either make it required and not optional or you could put all the SpellCastEvent triggers in a static if or something.

EDIT3: Oh right it says that it's required by the constant boolean...shouldnt you make all the stuff reliant on a static if (mentioned above) so that it doesnt give errors? because even if I set it to false it still gives those errors...

Last edited by D3zmodos : 11-21-2009 at 11:24 AM.
D3zmodos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 05:53 AM   #173
Sinnergy
User

Sinnergy has little to show at this moment (8)

very nice! this is what I'm waiting for, thanks!!
Old 11-22-2009, 12:58 PM   #174
Anitarf

Development Director

Submissions (19)

Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)

2008 Spell olympics - Fire - SilverApproved Map: Old School Alliance TacticsHero Contest #2 - 3rd PlaceSpell making session 2 winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by D3zmodos
EDIT: Shouldnt you mention the requirements for the ABuff Addons (like ABuff Item) somewhere in that first post?
The addons have at most the same mandatory requirements as ABuff.

Quote:
EDIT2: If you do not have SpellEvents (its optional), the compiler (zoxc's...dunno if pjass does) throws 12 errors because the local variables are then accessed without being initialized. I guess you could either make it required and not optional or you could put all the SpellCastEvent triggers in a static if or something.

EDIT3: Oh right it says that it's required by the constant boolean...shouldnt you make all the stuff reliant on a static if (mentioned above) so that it doesnt give errors? because even if I set it to false it still gives those errors...
The problem is that the compiler is complaining about runtime errors rather than compile errors. The function that it is complaining about doesn't even get run if you do not have SpellEvent in your map, so the runtime error of using uninitialized variables never occurs in practice. I'll try fixing the error regardless, but it does not have a high priority on my to-do list.

Last edited by Anitarf : 11-22-2009 at 12:59 PM.
Anitarf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 01:27 AM   #175
SanKakU
User

SanKakU has a little shameless behaviour in the past (-2)

Send a message via AIM to SanKakU Send a message via MSN to SanKakU Send a message via Yahoo to SanKakU

sorry if while posting this i neglected to notice if someone else had the same problem...

but yeah, i got a problem and i private messaged anitarf about it but i figure i might as well post it here, in case he would rather reply to the thread so others can see what's going on...

"hey so i was looking at that 1.5 abuff system map you got and the spells are kinda neat, especially the item that stuns...but anyway...

there is a problem with all these new libraries.

i can't use them! i've never seen needs optional before and my editor won't recognize those. i can't use the new libraries because of the optional needs but how can there be optional needs? i don't get it at all...

i would try to replace all the old libraries with the new ones but the old spells like hydra 2.1 by vexorian for example does not work anymore. i think also spells you made like pounce also will not work. if i get rid of the new libraries then i can't use that new item trigger/library stuff you have set up. at any rate i can't use the optional needs libraries at all...

can you please explain to me these new libraries? the optional needs are preventing old spell triggers from working and they are giving errors when i am saving the map...i tried commenting that out and that does not help..."

I saw that there is no new version of newgen editor, but is there some component of it or some file that i need to accomodate 'optional' needs libraries? what's the deal, anyway?
SanKakU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 11:57 AM   #176
Anitarf

Development Director

Submissions (19)

The version of JassHelper that comes with NewGen 5d is outdated, ABuff 1.5 requires a newer version which can be found here.
Old 11-24-2009, 02:44 AM   #177
SanKakU
User

SanKakU has a little shameless behaviour in the past (-2)

Send a message via AIM to SanKakU Send a message via MSN to SanKakU Send a message via Yahoo to SanKakU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anitarf
The version of JassHelper that comes with NewGen 5d is outdated, ABuff 1.5 requires a newer version which can be found here.
yeah no kidding, thanks. guess i gotta stop thinking that NewGen is supposed to be updated whenever a component of it is...
SanKakU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 04:33 PM   #178
fX_
User

Submissions (2)

fX_ will become famous soon enough (38)fX_ will become famous soon enough (38)

would be neat if aBuffDisplay checked if there are other instances of a [buff that stacks] on a unit it is .remove()-ing so that it doesnt remove the buffplacer ability even when there are still other running instances of the buff.
fX_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 09:26 PM   #179
Anitarf

Development Director

Submissions (19)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fX_
would be neat if aBuffDisplay checked if there are other instances of a [buff that stacks] on a unit it is .remove()-ing so that it doesnt remove the buffplacer ability even when there are still other running instances of the buff.
The aBuffDisplay itself does not and will not track it's instances. If you have multiple aBuffs that are all meant to use the same aBuffDisplay, you should make a separate refcounted aBuff that uses this aBuffDisplay and then have all the other aBuffs apply this refcounted aBuff in their create event functions and remove it in their cleanup event functions.
Old 01-02-2010, 12:54 PM   #180
fX_
User

Submissions (2)

fX_ will become famous soon enough (38)fX_ will become famous soon enough (38)

is there any way within this system to prevent buffs from being applied (spell block, etc)?
fX_ is offline   Reply With Quote