wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Warcraft III Modding > Project Discussion > Map / Campaign Projects
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Old 07-27-2007, 01:43 AM   #1
DrumaMasta
User

DrumaMasta has little to show at this moment (1)

Default 13attleships Sunken Ruins

Here is a map that i have been working on, it is a battleships map. We have recently created a forum for our three battleships clans full of talented members. 13sG (13attleships Gods), 13sD (13attleships Demigods), and GTC (Global Trading Connection). This forum is host for three battleships maps that our members are working on.
Heres the link if you are interested: http://13sgmap.16.forumer.com/

My project is 13attleships Sunken Ruins. (Mod)

Progress
Terrain: 99.6%
Triggering: 40%
Ships: 25%
Weapons: 60%
Items: 75%

Teams:

The South Empire (Player 1 Red (Computer))
Player 3 Teal
Player 4 Purple
Player 5 Yellow
Player 6 Orange
Player 7 Green

The North Empire (Player 2 Blue (Computer))
Player 8 Pink
Player 9 Gray
Player 10 Light Blue
Player 11 Dark Green
Player 12 Brown

Map Description:
The map is based off of Sked's 5.0, the terrain is completely re-made from scratch as you can see from the image.
There are two empires, the south empire and the north empire; each of these contains five "real players" that start off in the bases of the empires with the most basic hero ship, a "Sailor". In the base, there is the Main Harbor, which must be destroyed by the opposing team in order to win the game, this building is also house to 200-5000 gold ships each with varying abilities. There are five merchants in the base; Weapons Merchant, Heavy Weapons Merchant, Special Weapons Merchant, Eqipment Merchant, Reconnaissance Center, and Trade Master. Soon to come will be a Trader Ship Merchant. Here is a picture of the base with labels of which are which (please note that the reconnaissance center model is now a lighthouse)

Trading
For now, trading will be fairly same as skeds with Ale, Lumber, Pigs, Ammo, Boxes, Captives, etc. Except for the addition of several. The missions will be more reworked in later versions. However, instead of having only two traders usually (Trader and Merchant) this map will have up to six. Basic Trader will start with just Hide (invisibility for number of seconds) and ends with an ultimate trader (name to be decided with OmniVision and other abilities. (An ability that removes the fog of war from the entire map for a number of seconds, increasing after each level.)

Ships
The ships in the main harbor will remain fairly the same with some reworking. However, there will be many more ships added to the three harbors in different areas of the map. The Pirate Merchant, The Royal Ship Merchant, and The Lighthouse Ship Merchant are part of this.

Weapons
Most of sked's weapons will stay with exception of some to be replaced by others. The Special Weapons Merchant itself is new, it will contain many new weapons that must be purchased to make Combos. In this map there will be recipes, on one f the center islands, there is a weapon combiner. There are weapons there that can only be bought if you have the correct recipe items from the harbor. This system reduces inventory use, and opens up much more possibilities for weapons.

Well, thats all i can think of for now, here is a photo of the completed terrain and again, please join and look at our projects on the site.

Thanks very much for reading.
Other projects are 13attleships Vista (by rox_yo_s0x and seldarine-sh2p) and Empire Battleships (by 13sG-13laderz)

Last edited by DrumaMasta : 07-27-2007 at 05:31 PM.
DrumaMasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 07-27-2007, 10:50 AM   #2
Anitarf
Procrastination Incarnate

Development Director

Submissions (19)

Anitarf has a brilliant future (884)Anitarf has a brilliant future (884)Anitarf has a brilliant future (884)Anitarf has a brilliant future (884)Anitarf has a brilliant future (884)Anitarf has a brilliant future (884)Anitarf has a brilliant future (884)Anitarf has a brilliant future (884)

2008 Spell olympics - Fire - SilverApproved Map: Old School Alliance TacticsHero Contest #2 - 3rd PlaceSpell making session 2 winner

A "battleships map". How original.

Your thread does not meet the forum posting rules and will be deleted if it is not updated within 48 hours. You need more information about the map in your first post, I have never played Battleships so that screenshot gives me no idea what this map is about. Also, the ale backdooring paths are hardly any longer than going in through the right lane, so why should a trader risk going there?
Old 07-27-2007, 04:09 PM   #3
DrumaMasta
User

1. Okay, Ill fix that I didn't have much time to post. Also, i gave the link to the other site, that is where the information is. Ill post it here anyway.

2. The routes are there for another route to take if needed, say someone is camping the mouth at center. Or there are empire creeps attacking the towers and enemy players further up coming to attack the towers along with them, shrouded by the fog of war; they could take the alternate path to bypass such inconveniences. And as you said, it is a bit quicker just to go through the right lane.

3. Also it serves as easier, safer ways to access the more difficult trade paths in the corners in the map. That is one of the most complained about aspects in trading in Pro 1.187, how difficult trading is with the crusader ship, and how the terrain is made somewhat unfairly to the trader on south or north.

Last edited by DrumaMasta : 07-27-2007 at 04:14 PM.
DrumaMasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 07:10 PM   #4
Anitarf
Procrastination Incarnate

Development Director

Submissions (19)

Anitarf has a brilliant future (884)Anitarf has a brilliant future (884)Anitarf has a brilliant future (884)Anitarf has a brilliant future (884)Anitarf has a brilliant future (884)Anitarf has a brilliant future (884)Anitarf has a brilliant future (884)Anitarf has a brilliant future (884)

2008 Spell olympics - Fire - SilverApproved Map: Old School Alliance TacticsHero Contest #2 - 3rd PlaceSpell making session 2 winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrumaMasta
Also, i gave the link to the other site, that is where the information is.
If you had read the rules, you would have known that this doesn't matter one bit, we require information to be in the post you make here. What you have now will suffice, although you are still assuming people know everything about battleships so you don't explain one bit about what the gameplay of the map is like at all. All that information about how the map is different from Sked's Battleships (his final version of the map was 3.0 though, I don't know where you got the number 5.0) doesn't mean anything to someone who has never played the map.
Old 07-29-2007, 02:30 AM   #5
DrumaMasta
User

Theres actually quite a bit of finals by sked. I don't know why i put 5.0 but 3.0 wasn't the last one. His unprotected version was just Battleships Final-sked unprotected.
Old 07-29-2007, 06:07 AM   #6
fps-doug
User

fps-doug has little to show at this moment (7)

Send a message via AIM to fps-doug

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrumaMasta
Theres actually quite a bit of finals by sked. I don't know why i put 5.0 but 3.0 wasn't the last one. His unprotected version was just Battleships Final-sked unprotected.

ok so... what is sked's and what sets this apart from other battleships maps?
fps-doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 07:13 AM   #7
PenguinEmperor
User

Submissions (1)

PenguinEmperor is on a distinguished road (20)

sked's is the classic Bships. I have no clue why this is any different/
Old 07-29-2007, 08:22 AM   #8
darkwulfv
Alpha Male of Wc3c

Official Map Reviewer

Submissions (6)

darkwulfv is just really nice (270)darkwulfv is just really nice (270)

Send a message via AIM to darkwulfv

New terrain, a couple new items (while maintaining all the "classics", which lowers the creativity status on the map), and some new stuff to trade amongst the already excess amount, doesn't make a new map. Bring something new to the genre. What makes this different from any other slightly changed Battleships map, and why would I want to play your map over someone else's? You need to be creative and add flair and new stuff (like, big new stuff. Not a couple new items and trade stuffs) for it to stand out.
a dota like map but with unique stuff
(There was no map attached, and that was all the thread said.)
Spells I've Made

Darkwulfv's Lightning Grapple || Tritanis' Lazy Bolt

darkwulfv is offline   Reply With Quote