wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Warcraft III Modding > Artist's Corner > Stories / Writing > RP Forum
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Old 05-25-2007, 02:59 AM   #1
Ignitedstar

RP Section Moderator

Ignitedstar has a spectacular aura about (102)Ignitedstar has a spectacular aura about (102)Ignitedstar has a spectacular aura about (102)Ignitedstar has a spectacular aura about (102)

Send a message via MSN to Ignitedstar Send a message via Yahoo to Ignitedstar
Default One to be Loved

Introduction: What is One to be Loved?

Believe it or not, this story used to be an RP. Used to be. Kinda still is, but really isn't. As peoples' interest in the roleplay died down, I was stuck writing the story alone. I asked for permission to take over character control, and gradually the entire roleplay became a story that I was writing. Other people occasionally post, but it is almost like contributions, now.

The first time I wrote for OtbL was 5 years ago in 2006. It's hard to believe it's been that long. It was traditional play-by-post roleplay that took place in the Warcraft universe... I believe just after WoW got super popular. It was just a lazy fanfiction off shoot then. I almost quit since I was going on a "no creative bars" license on what I could do in a Warcraft setting. Over the years though, I lost that license and realized, "What the hell, I'll do what I want" assuming it is viable in-universe.

It also puzzled a lot of people that I RP'ed with. Why play a romantic RP in a universe were fighting is common? Honestly, I had always felt that fighting is usually unnecessary and action scenes are tedious to write. I wanted a story with feeling, comedy, and quirky people that I could relate to. Dying solely for honor? Killing people for revenge, glory, or money? I don't get it. I wanted to laugh because characters are allowed to be dumb, and they know that there are times to play, times to laugh, times to cry, times to be angry, times to love, and times to smile. I wanted a story in Warcraft where the characters could be friends and live with what makes them so jarring different instead of fighting about it all of the time. Those are the stories I remember.

No taking over the world scheme. No omnipotent god getting in the way. Just... a wacky life.

After five years I'm going back and re-writing the posts I made years ago. It's embarrassing, looking at the quality of my work, then. At the same time, it really shows how much I've improved in my writing skill and style.

Main Crew Members - The character bios are really outdated. In order of importance:
Suffle Deming
Arden Westaland
Arron Skysoarer
Erith Shawr Deming
Gar'thon Stoneaxe
Shadow

Supporting Crew
Gar'goth (Erith's Master)
Bunky (Spiritually infused stuffed rabbit)
Laeoh (Spiritually infused stuffed lioness)
The Manager (Suffle's Ex-Boss)
Sparkz (Arron's Boss)

Quick Summary

Events Before: Arden first found Suffle hiding within a cart load of materials that the Shady Oak ordered. Before he could ask her name, she ran away. On the other hand, Suffle went job searching, but to no avail and found herself at the Shady Oak later that evening, with Arden as her host. The morning after, Arron(PlasmaDragon's character) came- and along with it- Suffle's chance at a job. They reached a consensus that Suffle must help Arron in finding the 9000 gold that Arron would pay her in exchange for her help in repairing his flying contraption.

Chapter 1: Suffle's boss called the Manager has been trying to find his "eternal slave" since she ran away from him in Stranglethorn Vale. He's finally caught her, but Suffle was just about to conjure a plan with Arden and Arron(and the rest- but they have yet to say anything and I'm unsure if they are planning to RP). Arden got to distracting the Manager by giving him free eats for him and his gang of workers while Suffle made her get-away to the transport owned by her boss. Sneaking cleverly into the airship, she managed to find Gaitzik, an old co-worker of hers. This was when she discovered that the Streamweedle Cartel Company had put up a bounty of 30,000 gold to the public, wanting her alive. The papers were spread across Hensville that night.

To her dismay, Gaitzik had sounded the airship's alarm and due to it, the engine room burst into the flames, destroying the entire airship in the process. Suffle managed to get out alive, but with grave injuries. Arden- who was still distracting the Manager at the time left the Shady Oak and successfully found her body near the scene. It was here went the Manager told him what Suffle had been keeping secret: Even though she paid back her 75,000 gold payment to the company for her family's land, she was still 120,522 gold pieces in debt. Since the Manager knows that Suffle is not in shape for a ride back to Stranglethorn Vale, he waits until the next day at noon when a transport arrives.

Chapter 2: On a more normal day than Suffle has ever received, Old Steve (Suffle's older brother) brings Erith and Bunky to her while working with Arron to complete Griffen's Ark. Suffle finds it normal, considering that she received the letter from Erith, her niece. Suffle calls him a dork, because he's very impromptu about laying Erith on her shoulders. Suffle decided to read to everyone what the letter said that day, but Arden didn't fully believe her, getting a hunch that Suffle skipped something.

On the same day, Erith and Arron discuss the future dreams of Griffen's Ark. Unfortunately, because Suffle had not planned on Erith ever coming in the first place (and she didn't bring any money with her, either), Arden generously allows Erith to stay at his "house". Suffle considers it almost being an estate. They had planned on leaving Erith at Arden's house, but she was being stubborn, and wanted to go with them. Arden proposed that he would stay with her and Suffle would go alone, back to work with Arron. When they bid farewell, Arden wasn't quite sure, but that was the first time he had ever said good bye to someone in a long time. Perhaps it was the first time?

Chapter 3: A handful of days had passed since Erith came, and Arden begins to realize that Erith shows some peculiar behavior, like writing to her dad every day. Since Suffle is her closest relative (which explains why Erith's dad would bring her to Suffle), he asks her if she had ever done something like this, before. The aunt declined, saying that Erith only writes letters every three days or so, sometimes every week; it was nothing too exciting.

Erith begins to adopt strange habits, like disappearing in the middle of the day, and acting concerned about something. Since Erith's personality is somewhat in line with Suffle's, she would only get stubborn, so Arden and Suffle decide to not force anything out. That night however, Erith whispers to her father to "wait a little longer".

Chapter 4: He got mad at Erith for not finishing it sooner, and can't wait for her to finish it. Suffle's the target, and Erith was the bait. Erith disappears once more, and Suffle becomes fed up with her mysterious leavings, and she intends to find out what exactly was wrong. On a hot, summer day, Suffle accidentally finds Erith at the air docks seriously injured with the Manager. To Suffle, the Manager and Cartel (the company he works with) is the source of all of her troubles, so it didn't take long for her to find out piece the puzzles together. Erith was being used, and since she couldn't do it right, she getting punished for it.

Suffle gets pissed off, because Erith should have never been related to her problems. It had been awhile since Suffle pulled the trigger on a gun, but in a whirl or rage, ends up killing the ogre that had hit Erith with a club, and becomes inches away from killing the Manager with a knife. Arden and Arron fortunately found and stopped Suffle before she could finish the job. To the Manager, it had been the only time when Suffle had tried to actually kill him. It opened his eyes... a little.

For disturbing the peace, and almost triggering a all out battle, the Manager gets arrested by Hensville authority. Erith was taken to a hospital, and was able to recover, because of a mysterious turn of events during her beating had taken place. Apparently, Bunky tried its best to protect Erith, preventing any long term damage to her body. Although, how does such a small stuffed animal take so damage for a human being that is many times its size?

As for Suffle, she didn't receive any punishment, because she had left before the police could question her activities during the incident. Arron tells her that she got carried away; Erith may have been hurt, but it doesn't excuse killing someone. Arden suggests that Suffle should turn herself in. However, Suffle assumes that Arden means to go back into "employment", which she would never want. She had tried too hard getting out of Cartel's direct hands; she was finally out, and wouldn't go back, especially since Erith had been badly hurt. Frustrated, angered, and afraid, Suffle runs out on her friends. Arron and Arden quickly follow her, making sure she didn't try anything to get herself into trouble, again.

Chapter 5: At first they had lost her trail, but Arron tells Arden that "a criminal always goes back to the scene of the crime." For Suffle, that would be the docks. They found her there, as expected. Although, Suffle didn't seem like talking, or seeing them for that matter. It was Arden and Arron's cue to help her out. They did, by mentioning problems (like meeting women), trash dumps, and hidden treasure.

Arden had to emphasize it more, "We're friends." It was something that Suffle didn't really have. Where she came from, friends were more like competitors. Suffle eventually told them everything, about how she used to live on a farm, and Cartel had taken it away, eventually joining Cartel and learning the play the "game" the Goblins play, then when the pirates came, and then her coming to Hensville meeting her newest friends. Perhaps all of this, Suffle just needed someone to listen to her. Since Erith accidentally got involved, Suffle decided to tell her, as well.

Chapter 6: The day was new, and days had passed since the Manager got arrested. Erith made a full recovery, which was great. Since Arden and Arron had become so busy, the two decide to visit the Manager in prison. When there, the Manager finally realizes that Suffle wanted to leave, so much that she would have killed him to have her freedom. Suffle couldn't understand how the Manager didn't know, after all of the times she had tried to run away, and after all of the hateful things she had already done to him. The Manager gives up, and tells Suffle that she is fired. However, Suffle wasn't happy when she heard that. Something was off when he said it...

With the Manager finally out of the way, Suffle receives more mail from Cartel, explaining that Erith, as well as any other extended family member from Suffle's family were pardoned from the company's expenses. However, it only excused Erith, and not Suffle's direct family (like her parents and Old Steve). It was a good start, but Suffle knew this wasn't the end of things.

Chapter 7: As the Manager leaves Hensville- possibly for good, Arden, Suffle, Erith, and Bunky work together with Arron to get the Griffen's Ark back in the air. Through a couple of mishaps, misadventures, and cooperation, the five members get the Ark done. Now, it was time for Arron to return to Ironforge, where he originally came from before Griffen's Ark had broke down and crash landed at Hensville.

Chapter 8: The group departs in Arron's airship, heading for Ironforge. When they get there, Ironforge makes quick work of them, as Arron is joined by his interesting boss, Sparkz, a Gnome that doesn't seem to understand Arron any better than Suffle and the others do. Arron tells his boss that his friends need employment, but the only thing he would need is someone to look after Arron (which Suffle had done for the last couple of weeks).

Sparkz recommends seeing Gar'thon, the owner of the Inn called "The Brother's Holdout". Erith was too young to work there, but Gar'thon was glad to bring Arden and Suffle into service. They wouldn't get paid as much, considering that they were working to pay for staying. Gar'thon believes that red heads are good for buisness, so he gets Suffle dressed up as a maid with full blown ditziness and cleavage to do the job. Suffle would have nightmares in the future.

On the other hand, not even a day had passed and Arron had made his newest invention. Erith and Bunky accidentally scooped on Arron and had gotten caught. It was some type of vehicle, looking many times better than his old vehicle made completely out of spare parts from the Griffen's Ark. They came by the Brother's Holdout, as Suffle found out that Arron is quite the pervert.

More is coming soon!
I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal.
If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge,
and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing."

1 Corinthians 13:1-2

Current Works:
None.

Last edited by Ignitedstar : 08-09-2011 at 07:24 AM.
Ignitedstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 05-25-2007, 04:12 AM
Undead_Lives
This message has been deleted by Ignitedstar. Reason: These posts in particular are supposed to be OOC
Old 05-25-2007, 04:41 AM   #2
Ignitedstar

RP Section Moderator

Ignitedstar has a spectacular aura about (102)Ignitedstar has a spectacular aura about (102)Ignitedstar has a spectacular aura about (102)Ignitedstar has a spectacular aura about (102)

Your welcome to start at any time(almost). It's not going to be all comedy; The characters have to grow up- and that's what I plan to do. And in what better way then to... Whatever, I'll just get along with it.

---

"Hello!" Arden came in, holding plates while his follow employees smiled to the grumpy Manager. "We've been expecting you."

"I know that," the Manager spat at him. He knew that Suffle was around, "Don't think you can buy me with that stupid face of yours- I know that Suffle's plotting to get away from me and your probably involved with one of her schemes!" His henchmen began to rise up their fists, intending to start a fight. The people behind him were also prepared to rip the place apart.

This was bad. Arden didn't think that Suffle's boss would go this far to find her. Starting a fight were would be starting a fight with Gravytusk and Jo'Jekk, in turn starting- what could br a war againest the higher ups. They didn't take this kind of stuff lightly. He knew because that was practically a lesson that Arden had to learn if he wanted to work in the Shady Oak.

He had to think of an excuse- or something. He thought for a moment while all of his collegues grew silent, waiting for him to say something. Arden looked around. He saw Jo'Jekk giving him a nod by the bar counter as if he knew what the apprentice cook was going to do. Even Gravytusk had given him the okay by tipping his head behind the kitchen door. He then looked at Arron, showing no facial response. "I'm sorry you guys," Arden thought to himself. He would regret this for a long time. Arden looked at the Manager again with the striaghtest face he could summon beneath his guilt, "You wouldn't even stay for free eats? Just tonight- just for you and your friends."

The Manage thought in silence, "Free?", The word had caught his tounge. In a way, he really was like Suffle. Or, maybe Suffle was really like him. "I suppose..."

"Great!" Arden yelled. Everyone around grew happy. On the inside though, everyone knew that this would be the only way to save the Shady Oak, the employees, and the Manager and his goons from the wrath of Salvatore.

---

Suffle sighed, "You idiot... You didn't have to go that far..."

Arron whispered enough so that she could hear him, "Better get going. He's doing this for you... They all are."

"I think they're also doing it for themselves," Suffle thought to herself. Why else would they risk everything they've worked for on this one night? She was going to make the Manager pay for this: In blood and money. With full speed, she sneaked into the "Employees Only" door while some of the workers were leaving the room, and snuck outside and ran off into the distance. "Time to get rid of him for good."

---
and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing."

Current Works:
None.

Last edited by Ignitedstar : 08-09-2011 at 07:38 AM.
(3 deleted/ignored post(s)) [show]

Old 05-25-2007, 09:13 PM
Plasma Dragon
This message has been deleted by Ignitedstar. Reason: These posts in particular are supposed to be OOC
Old 05-25-2007, 10:53 PM
Taur
Old 05-26-2007, 12:35 AM
Undead_Lives
Old 05-26-2007, 01:28 AM   #3
Ignitedstar

RP Section Moderator

Any race is applicable, save the ones that are ranked so high in the militaries that another world war in Azeroth will start. The story won't be that epic; The primary boundry of characters is just not someone with a lot of military/political power. This is more of a "private" RP, if you know what I mean. The Manager, he has the potential to start things, but- Argh, you'll see.

---

Chapter 1: Blazing Fury

Night life in the city today was by far, the most impressive thing that Suffle has seen. It seems like the Manager has caused quite a stir in the townspeople. They began to stare intently at the Shady Oak's invaders and much gossip of what has happened erupted. A few number of people looked at Suffle suspiciously, wondering if she had done something wrong. She couldn't pay them any mind, for she had to go quickly. "How long can you guys hold out?" Suffle thought to herself, thinking of Arden and the rest of his friends.

The first thing Suffle intended to do was change her clothes again; She couldn't get anything done in the regular clothing that she had purchased. It seemed like her outfit gave her some cover, it wouldn't do any good- not anymore. Suffle reluctantly opened the door into the store of the tailor she had come to eariler.

"Sorry," The woman said, "It's past closing time. You'll have to wait to tomar-"

Suffle interrupted her, "I don't have time... Look- I'll pay you tenfold of what I want, okay?"

Those words instantly showed the woman that she was desperate. Did she even have that much money? Hastily, the tailor let her through into the large wardrobe behind the counter. Suffle got in, changing into something more fitting for her task: Sleek, brown pants that are perfect for running and a long, thick shirt. She needed as little nuisance from what she wore as she could get.

On the run once again, Suffle walked into as many paths darkest in the night and headed straight to the air docks. Once she got there, she hid behind the nearest produce crates she could find without getting caught. The aerial transport that the Manager and his faction of workers took was guarded by quite of number of employees that she worked with. "Argh, dammit," she whispered. This wouldn't go as cleanly as she thought.

Silently, Suffle tip-toe'd her way towards the mechanical colossus. Tonight wasn't such a good night to sneak, because the moon looked like one's eye when they've discovered something phenomenal. Suffle crept towards each set of crates and waited on occasion for the workers who were loading the ship for the departure at sunrise.

As the sneaky Suffle got the final set of cargo boxes, she sighed, "I don't have a choice..." when she looked at how far she still was from the boarding stairs. She grew tense; She was going to have to get caught if she wanted to get in.

As one of the workers came to inspect the goods of the boxes, Suffle snuck behind him and choked him to unconsciousness. "Sorry!" Suffle whispered to him while he tried to grasp for breath. His efforts proved obselete.

"What was that noise?" One of the guards- a busty looking troll asked the others. The other ones shrugged while he went to examine Suffle's hiding spot.

"Good," Suffle thought, "It looks like they heard it."

When the troll saw Suffle in the shadows behind the box, she was going to scream, "OUTCAST!!!" Fortunately, Suffle silenced him before he could even wail to his friends. As the troll struggled, he tried to hit Suffle with his spear in hand, but his frantic behavior only caused Suffle to easily see each strike. She finally got ahold of the spear, tossed it into the air and knocked the afraid troll into dreamland.

Now they knew something was wrong, the troll's friends had seen him disappear, too. Now the rest of them- a group of five- came to inspect the crate. "Was it eating them alive?" they thought. Naturally, they meant the crate.

Suffle let out a sigh of relief, "Finally. Now I can get in."

As they neared closer to Suffle's position, she shook the crate that they all thought was "eating" them violently. The guards backed away in fright.They've never seen this kind of behavior before. With their weapons ready to slice whatever was in there, they all charged in rage. As the five of them sliced and shattered the crate into sawdust, Suffle quickly went around the remaining crates as well as all of guards. Using the sound of the cracking wood and the smashing and jabbing of weapons to disguise the sound of her running into the transport.

"That felt like forever," Suffle fled quickly into the interior of the airship, feeling the adrenaline in her body being lifted somewhat. But the dangers weren't over just yet. She knew that a certain someone always accompanied the Manager in his trips out of Stranglethorn Vale. Suffle was determined to find him. Most likely, he would be napping in the bridge. With Ladyluck on her side, Suffle hoped that he wouldn't sound the blaring siren within the bridge without listening to what he had to say.

Suffle bear-hugged the walls and moved her feet trying to make the slightest noise hearable. The metallic floors would make her easy to spot, since they would amplify any disturbance set on them. She closed her eyes and began to see with her ears. "...Nothing so far," Suffle mentioned. Now that she thought about it, the Manager always had her stay inside the ship because he knew that she could fight well. She also had the goblin-made projectile shooting device that they made, even though it was just a prototype. She also had knowledge on operating most of the machinery.

The next couple flights of stairs had no one guarding them. Suffle let out deep breaths everytime she came across no one. "I guess he couldn't afford that many workers just to find me," Suffle thought. It costed a large sum of gold to keep the hulking pieces of machinery working. She's seen the Manager hand out 20 pound ingots of pure, solid gold to keep the engine in it's best shape possible. These works of art were kind of like their lives; If they lost them... Suffle thought twice; She didn't have time to think about these kinds of things. Guilt began to pierce her; Everything within the transport was so nostalgic.

Suffle finally reached the bridge. At an instant, she saw the one she was looking for, napping on the navigation controls. She went to the green goblin quickly, gently nudging him in order to awake him from his sleep.

"Nu.... Nugh? You guys are back already?" He muttered. He turned aruond, only to see a female human, "*gasp*, it's you!"

"No, Gaitzik, wait!" Suffle tried to restrain him from doing anything unnecessary. "Stop! I just want to talk to you."

Gaitzik kept whilrling his arms about despite Suffle's attempts to stop him. One of his arms was reaching for the siren trigger while the other was trying to thrash Suffle's face. "Damn you!" Suffle intentionally punch the hostile goblin's stomach. He winced in pain as his arms gave up their fight and curled around the area of Suffle's impact. "Dumbass, I just want to talk!"

Gaitzik wheezed in pain; The goblin was elderly and it seemed as if the pain was really getting to him, "We... *cough* Don't associate ourselves with traitors. *hack* *wheeze*"

"T-Traitor?!? The the hell has the Manager been saying about me?" Suffle demanded in a high, angry voice. She knew that the Manager was one to like that, but never like this. In response, Gaitzik gave her a piece of paper. She started at it's contents. There was a picture of her and below it said:

Suffle Deming
Convicted Of: Murderous Slaughter, Embezzling, Smuggling, and Robbery
Wanted Alive and brought to Streamweedle Cartel Co. located in Strangethorn Vale
Reward:
30000 Gold

"What the hell is THIS?" Suffle screamed, "I never did any of this!"

"The papers just got out tonight," Gaitzik huffed, "You can't escape from us now," He got up with all of the strength he could summon, pressed the red switch and a insanely loud siren went off.

"Shit!" Suffle exclaimed, but could not even hear herself. She got so caught up in the paper he gave her. She punched the elderly goblin unconscious, broke the entire glass viewing window- so somewhat conceal her escape and headed off.

---

Everyone within the Shady Oak looked up. What the heck was that sound? It drove some people irritated. Arden couldn't understand what was going on.

"The ship!" The Manager screamed, "It's under ATTACK!" With that, he rushed out of the Shady Oak as fast as possible, leaving all of the lovely food behind. All of his henchmen reluctantly followed.

"What's happening?" Jo'Jekk wondered. Arden, Arron, and every single worker and consumed ran outside to fight out what the racket was about. Arden faced the direction where the noise was clearest. That was near the air dock. "What is she doing...?" Arden thought.

What everyone saw next was unexpected. Everyone from miles around saw disaster strike. The Manager and his gang froze at what they gazed upon. Wind gusts were at an insane speed. The roofs of houses were nearing peeling off. A huge cloud of smoke and fire had risen into the sky. Everyone's face looked at the calamity in complete horror.

The gaint mechanical airship had exploded.

Current Works:
None.

Last edited by Ignitedstar : 05-26-2007 at 01:48 AM.
Old 06-21-2007, 12:23 AM   #4
Ignitedstar

RP Section Moderator

With searing embers flinging in every direction, countless numbers of people began fleeing the scene. Some people were unfortunate to be caught in fire, while others were more unlucky: Their houses beginning to blaze. Arden on the other hand was trying to find Suffle. The only one who would amd could do this was her. What did not make sense was that Suffle had a keen eye for expensive things and ideas; Why would she bring destruction upon something she could have used to make her great escape?

---

"That old geezer... Bastard!" Suffle yelled in frustration and pain, "He probably knew I was coming. I don't ever remember the engine room exploding when the siren blared..."

The explosion did it's damage to her. Mild burns had spread across her face, but it was worse as it came down to her torso area. Her clothes were charred from the heat and gashes of flesh was burned and peeling. Suffle was limping; Her left leg had been injured by metal that had burst off of the ship and flew across the air uncontrollably. The left side of her torso showed pricks of shattered glass that she had managed to take off. She tried as best as she could to protect her body; Most of the right side showed no significant injuries.

Everything around her seemed to have changed; The dock no longer looked like the dock just minutes before the airship had bursted into flames. The crates she was hiding behind had either been moved by the force of the explosion, or they were already transported to a safer area where the cargo wouldn't catch fire. The guards had all left. "Probably to tell the Manager what happened," Suffle thought.

Her wounds would keep bleeding if she was to move any more. But staying near the source of flames would be mean death, as well. The best thing to do now was to get away. "Wait a minute," Suffle stopped her previous thoughts, "If I leave, I'll just be making the situation worse." She slowly walked away, but collapsed mid-way towards her goal.

---

People had starting coming to investigate. Groups of people started to gather. Some in awe, some in fright, and some curious. Arden was one of them, trying push people out of the way. She was here, somewhere.

He glanced around carefully, but couldn't hide the amount of worry in his face. Suddenly, he cried, "Suffle!" as he spotted a motionless body. Suffle was the only person who had that reddish colored hair; It had to be her.

Arden halted, kneel down, and inspected his unconscious friend. She was still breathing- that's good. However, she was gravely injured. There was a small trail of blood. Arden could see that she was trying get away. "Somebody get me a doctor!" he roared across the clearing to the observing people. As they went to get help, Arden silently said, "Don't worry, Suffle. Your going to be alright."

"I don't think so!" Someone yelled. Arden looked behind him. It was the Manager. "She's not going anywhere- not anymore!"

"Shut up!" Arden replied, angry, "She never wanted to work for you in the first place if she goes so far as to blowing up your airship. Stop treating her like she's your prisoner!"

"She is! Her body and soul rightfully belong to me," The Manager smirked proudly.

"Suffle wouldn't sell herself; Especially to you pesky, greedy goblins!"

"She already did," The Manager laughed.

"What...?" Arden grew surprised.

"Oh, so you don't know, huh?" The Manager began to explain, "You see, about some decade ago, we... 'liberated' her family's land from her. So she got angry and wanted it back. Being professional business men, we gave her a deal. She would pay us 75,000 pieces of gold and we would give it all back to her. That's all."

"No one could make that much in a lifetime," Arden commented.

"We told her that that was the only price we were going to offer, so she took it upon herself to work for us. She even stole from pirates. In due time, she paid it all- of course, but-"

"But she still had to pay up for the other things right?" Arden spoke for the Manager. "All of the money she earned was only going towards her house payment. You never told her of she had to pay up for all of other debt given to her, right? She got tricked, anyways..."

"Right," The Manager confirmed, "That's why every now and then, she runs away to find a better paying job," the goblin began to fill with hatred again, "But she went too far this time."

"That explains why she wanted to work for Arron and why she wanted 9000 gold as payment," Arden continued to think, "How much does she owe to the company?"

"120,522 pieces of gold, EXACTLY. Since all of the pirates are gone, she has to work for it herself."

"How do you expect she work for that?!?"

"Work until she dies- unless she had children. Then they can work the debt off for her!" He said with such enthusiam that was almost disgusting to hear. "Now, don't get me wrong. I can see that Suffle's not in the condition to work, so I'm taking her back as soon as the next transport arrives. Which will be tomorrow at noon. I'm tired of talking to you. Okay, fellas let's go!"

Leaving Arden and the wounded Suffle behind, the Manager and his goons left with cold hearts. "I'm so sorry, Suffle," Arden wanted to cry, "I never knew."

Current Works:
None.
Old 06-23-2007, 09:24 AM   #5
Ignitedstar

RP Section Moderator

Suffle's eyes opened wide. She had remembered what had happened last night and was curious to know as to what happened. She was in a building, wooden ceiling, laying on a comfortable bed, dirty-white blanket, and Arden sleeping on a stool. All signs of not being with the Manager.

"What happened last night?" Suffle wondered.

"I found you unconscious and got you treated as soon as possible. Then your boss came and said that he is waiting til' noon to take you back to Stranglethorn Vale," Arden mumbled. Apparently, he was half awake. "He just doesn't give up..."

"He's really persistant and subborn," Suffle replied, "Oh- Where are we?"

"The Shady Oak; In the "Employees Only" room," Arden answered, "It's quiet because it's still sunrise and everyone's preparing. I stayed all night to watch you and make sure your Boss didn't try to do anything extreme. Arron's here, too. I told him what happened and then he said to me he wanted to talk you went you woke uo."

"I'm pretty sure it's about me leaving," Suffle assumed, "Well, I think I'm prepared to-"

"No- wait!" Arden pleaded and put his hands down to guide Suffle back into bed, "You need to wait for your wound so close. They may be treated, but moving about recklessly is going to put you in bad shape, again."

"Fine, fine," Suffle sighed, "Then, why don't you get him in here so we can talk?"

Without saying a word, Arden left the room and went seeking out Arron. As he walked into the dining room, he found his friend sitting on a stool, but looked he was thinking about something. "She's awake?" He asked when Arden came within visual distance.

"Yeah. She told me to tell you to go in there and talk to her," Arden said, "I think I'm going to leave you to alone with your buisness affairs." Saying that, Arden fled to the kitchen.

===

That's your cue, Plasma Dragon

Current Works:
None.
Old 06-23-2007, 05:35 PM   #6
Plasma Dragon
User

Submissions (4)

Plasma Dragon has little to show at this moment (3)

Send a message via AIM to Plasma Dragon Send a message via MSN to Plasma Dragon

Arron gave somewhat of a smirk, nodded to Arden, then stepped up off the stool and almost looked like he was strutting down the hall to Suffle's room. What on Azeroth could he be so possibly happy about when Suffle's in such bad shape? Arden thought before dismissing it and going back to the kitchen to work.

There was a knock at the door, "Come in!" Suffle called out. Arron opened the door and stepped in.

"Well, looks like you got yourself neck deep in doo doo." He chuckled and walked around the back room, toying around with random trinkets lying about.

"Well, duh...Didn't you have something more important than tell me how I'm doing? I think I know that for myself..." Arron stopped toying around and looked at her with a decent smirk on his face.

"Actually, I do have something very important to let you know. You see, ever since I heard the whole story from Arden about your past with Venture Co. I discovered a rather convenient slip of information."

What is this dude rambling about?.. Suffle thought, getting rather bored from his stalling. "Get to the point, pilot."

"As you wish, employee." Suffle couldn't quite grasp that last part until Arron shuffled around his backpack and pulled out a fancy shmancy contract with a seal and ribbon. "Remember this?" He waved the contract back and forth in his hands. "This is the contract you signed that says you'd work for me in exchange for 9000 gold pieces...and is valid until you get those pieces." Arron gave a smile, almost grin, to his employee while Suffle's jaws dropped. "Until you get your money, you belong to me...So we can tell your midget of an employer that your mine until you get paid. Then you can go back to working for him whenever you manage to get those pieces, if you ever decide to start charging for your work, that is." Arron took a seat on a stool and awaited Suffle to get out of her thinking stupor.

Last edited by Plasma Dragon : 06-24-2007 at 08:41 AM.
Plasma Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2007, 02:46 AM   #7
Ignitedstar

RP Section Moderator

By the way, I think all of those "Arden"s are supposed to be "Arron".

---

"Oh, yeah," Suffle finally answered, "Hey, maybe things can work out, afterall. At least, I'll get to stay for a little bit longer."

"What're you thinking off?" Arron asked her.

"My 'contract' with the debt on my family's land is over. I'm not under any sort of other contract; By far, paying that debt of mine is what I'm willing to do. I know how the Manager is over this kind of thing. If I tell him that this is payment for my debt, he'll understand."

"Are you sure about that?" Arron remained in doubt.

"Pretty sure," Suffle smiled, "I've always wanted a long vacation anyways. What about you? Aren't you going to go back to wherever-you-came-from once that flying machine of yours is cleaned and repaired?"

Current Works:
None.

Last edited by Ignitedstar : 06-24-2007 at 02:46 AM.
Old 06-24-2007, 08:49 AM   #8
Plasma Dragon
User

Submissions (4)

OOC: I accidently made one Arron, Arden, but the rest are supposed to be Arden. Thanks.

"Well, of course I'll go back to Iron Forge..." Arron said and then sloutched down on the stool, thinking some more. "Probably...Not saying there's nothing for me here...Maybe I could stick around for a bit as long as I'm wanted." Arron sat up sharp and quick. "But it's not about that, it's about the business deal we arranged and how it overwrites your current one." He brought his smirk back. "That tree stump goblin will have to just accept it even if he doesn't agree. But just to be safe, I'm coming with you when you go talk to him." Arron got up, preparing to leave, eyed a gizmo on a shelf, grabbed it, inspecting it on the way out and forgot to put it back.

His attention broke for a second and he backpeddled. "Oh, and we should bring Arden with us too, we could use him in your defense as if you're working for the Shady Oak too. That'd be rich. And he's worried about you, you know. You should see him in the kitchen when you feel up to it." With that, Arron gave a final smirk and nod, then closed the door behind him.

Last edited by Plasma Dragon : 06-24-2007 at 08:53 AM.
Old 06-27-2007, 08:01 AM   #9
Ignitedstar

RP Section Moderator

"Yeah..." Suffle slowly worded. It's funny. She had only known Arden for days and it already felt like she's known him for years. "Yeah, I'll go and talk to him... now."

---

Arden was soaking a pile of large plates in a tub of water filled with mild bubbles. After what happened last night, the whole tavern was a mess. Amidst all of this, nothing was going to get done if no one did anything. All he could do at this time was do his share of work. "Arden?" someone said.

"Huh?" He looked behind him. It was Suffle. "Hey. Feeling better?"

"Better then last night, for sure," Suffle laughed for a moment, then continued, "Do you want to come to my departure, later today?"

"Why?" Arden felt that him being there was out of place. He was only a simple resident. It didn't take long for Suffle to explain to him what Arron and she had discussed. "I still don't understand why I have to be there."

Suffle sighed, "In other words, you'll be an extra excuse for me to stay. Besides, I don't want to leave, yet. So, are you coming or not?"

"I have to go, don't I?" Arden voice sunk.

"Well... You don't HAVE to..."

"Of course, I do," He smiled, "I don't want my two friends in danger."

Suffle was about to say something, but she stopped her mouth from moving. She wore a look of satisfaction and began walking back to the "Employee's Only" room. "I'll be waiting at the docks," she finally said as she was leaving the room, "And tell Arron that, too. And Make sure he brings that contract of his."

"Right." Arden nodded and quickly went back to work. Suffle seemed confident, prehaps Arron and Suffle had planned something out, after all.

---

"I'll be back soon," Arden yelled.

"Don't worry about it for today," Gravytusk replied, "I've got many more hands in use."

The Head Chef was being unusually nice. Right now, he should have been screaming, "You owe me big time," but perhaps he knew and predicted of the outcome of today's events. Although, this wouldn't save him from what may be in store for tomorrow. Oh well, it couldn't be helped; This was more important.

Arden took the shortest route to the docks. Just walking there gave him some chills. He only hoped that all three of them got in and out of there unharmed. Although, it was hard to predict what Suffle's boss was going to do. Turning a corner and then walking straight, Arden could see a transport already docked. In the distance, recognizable figures stood. Suffle's reddish hair with Arron were waiting for something. Most likely it was him. When he got close enough, Arron had something that was unaudible and Suffle looked toward's him.

"Man, your late," Suffle sighed.

"You told me to be here at noon; I thought I'd be in time," Arden replied.

"No time to talk about that," Arron interrupted, "They're coming."

"Hey, Suffle! It looks like your friends came to see you off," The Manager yelled, coming closer to the threesome.

"Too bad," Suffle spat, "I can't leave yet."

"Stop stalling and get in the airship."

"Ahem," Suffle nudged towards Arron, "You have something to show to him."

Current Works:
None.
Old 06-27-2007, 12:54 PM   #10
Plasma Dragon
User

Submissions (4)

Arron gave one of his confident smirks and stepped forward, looking the ship over. "My, this is a nice ship. Venture Co. sure does well in its business, yes?" The manager folded his arms and looked at Arron with a scowl, his eye twitching. Maybe that meant Arron should get to the point.

"Well, my company has been in the Northern Kingdoms for a long while, specifically the parts you don't run. We were looking to open another station in this very town. But we had a malfunction and needed local assistance, signing many to do work for us for large amounts of gold, because of our desperate attempts to go back to work. Your Suffle was among the workers and I have her very contract right here with me. You may see it if you like, I have copies." Arron dug it out with the confident smirk still intact. Suffle and Arden were looking at him like they didn't know half his story, but tried to not say anything. Arron only hoped that this half bluff would halt the manager's decision to take Suffle.

The manager read the contract over, then looked up at Arron. "9000 gold pieces?..my god, that is desperate measures, no wonder Venture Co's never heard of you, you pay your workers like lunatics." He snickered but his workers on the boat leaned closer off the edge to hear more about Arron's company. The manager turned around with a vein bulging on his forehead. "BACK TO WORK!" He yelled at the sailors and they ran about. "You didn't even tell me the companies name..."

Arron smirk never faded, confidence was too important an aspect for this situation. "My company is run by the gnomes of Ironforge in Dun Morogh, we run airship transportation of goods and services. I'd go more into it, sir, but truthfully, this isn't a business deal of our companies. Well, actually, it just might be..." He said, slipping the paperwork out of the manager’s stubby hands. "You see, we signed your worker just a few weeks ago and we have every intention of paying her accordingly for the work she owes us, and has yet to finish."

The goblin sighed, "Tell me about it." Arron's smirk intensified.

"Until she works the remainder of her sentence and receives her 9000 gold pieces, she is ours, I'm afraid. Whether she continues to work for you afterwards or uses her money to pay off your debt to her is not our concern, but her work and experience in our field is. To reach my conclusion, taking her now would breach the neutrality of our two companies, maybe even faction us against each other. You may have not heard of us, but it doesn't mean we aren't there, or large. We are not taking your worker, simply borrowing her for the time. I hope you have enough business spirit to do what's right...legally." And with that, Arron stepped back and folded his arms, his smirk still intact.

Last edited by Plasma Dragon : 06-27-2007 at 12:56 PM.
Old 06-28-2007, 06:01 AM   #11
Ignitedstar

RP Section Moderator

Nice job, Plasma Dragon. I wasn't expecting that much.

---

If things were to go this far, it was no longer the Manager's concern. For as much as he knew, only Ravilgaz and his closest affiliates could make terms with other companys. Unfortunately, he wasn't one of them. It seemed that Suffle would get her way... for now. "Alright," the Manager said that word with grief in his voice, "When it comes to something like this, I can't do anything about it."

"Wohoo, Arron made up some good nonsense," Suffle thought. She did her best to keep a straight face.

"But!" The Manager continued, "As soon as your done with your buisness, your coming straight back."

"Make me," Suffle replied.

"Hah! I'll see to it that you do come back in time. Just you wait."

"It may think longer then necessary," Arden interrupted.

"Oh, really?"

"Suffle has some debt with the Shady Oak as well."

"Just go," The Manager didn't want to have to deal with it anymore. he walked away, angrily.

When the Manager was out of sight, Suffle said, "Alright, I get to stay!"

"For now," Arden interrupted her happiness, "He said he was going to make sure you came back after your debt was paid off. Who do you think it's gonna be?"

"We don't have to worry about it, yet-" Suffle was interrupted.

"Yes, we do," Arron said calmly, "If they find out that part of what I said was not true, then they'll be hunting for all of our heads."

"Fine..." Suffle gave the idea some thought, "I don't know. The Manager knows me best, but he has too much to worry about, already. I don't know if anyone in the company would bother to look after me."

"That settles it, then," Arden concluded, "Since we don't know who it's going to be, just look for anyone suspicious after today. Well, have fun, both of you. Since this didn't take as long as I thought it was going to; I'll have to head back to the Shady Oak." He left without saying another word.

"So, now that this is out of the way," Suffle turned to Arron, "When do we begin work?"

---

This ends chapter 1. Plasma, if you want to say anything before the beginning of chapter 2, go ahead.

Current Works:
None.
Old 06-28-2007, 12:20 PM   #12
Plasma Dragon
User

Submissions (4)

Arron's seriousness sub-sided when Suffle said 'work.' "Why, I completely forgot about that!" He exclaimed, hammering his fist into his other hand. "I'm so glad you asked! First, we'll need to do some work on the recombobulator which means opening the flux contracters and cleaning them through! After that it only makes sense to give the..." Arron trailed off about more spouting nonsense, Suffle smacked her head and shook it, wondering what she got herself into. Arden looked towards her and couldn't help but laugh.

--End Chapter 1--

Old 07-02-2007, 02:02 AM   #13
Ignitedstar

RP Section Moderator

"Now, give that letter to your aunt and that's it!" A man said enthusiastically.

"Won't auntie say, "I'll beat him to a bloody pulp!" or something like that after she reads it?" A little girl answered, with her best expression of her aunt.

"It's okay. She hasn't done it... yet."

"Okay. Good bye, daddy!" The little girl waved farewell, as did the stuffed animal at her side.

"Bye, hunny! Good bye, Bunky! Don't forgot to say hi for me." He waved back and departed.

---

Chapter 2: Two Dolls and a Girl

"Geez," Suffle sighed while holding a broom. Arron and she had been working since daybreak. "I swear we've been cleaning for hours and nothing has changed!" She looked around again, getting dizzy from all of the lofty materials.

"Things have changed," Arron happily replied, "Trust me on that one."

"Uh-huh. Funny, because that's what you said the night before when we fixed that what'cha-ma-call-it."

Arron laughed, "Don't be discouraged; We did a great job!"

"After failing about five times and almost bursting into flames. Yeah, we did a great job," Suffle repeated Arron's words more sarcastically.

"You two having fun, still?" Arden introduced himself, smiling. He was holding a pitcher of water and a bag that contained some cups, plates, spoons, and their lunch. He made sure not to knock anything over.

"Not working today?" Suffle asked him while she took the bag for Arden and shared its contents.

"Nope; The Head Chef says that I have too many things in mind to work, so he let me off for the day. It was mighty generous of him." Arden said while filling the cups with water. Suffle was already munching on her share of lunch.

"Say," Arron padded Arden on the shoulder, "Do you want to help me, too, for the day?"

"Ah..." He thought about it, "No."

"Come on, it'd be great with the three of us!" Arron's words were ones of persuasion.

"That's okay," Arden replied, "I'll be fine, thank you."

"Huh?" Suffle looked into Arden's bag again, "No meat?"

"Uh oh, I forgot," Arden grew flustered, "How reckless of me to forget something. I'll go and get it right away."

"Don't take your time; I'm hungry!" Suffle nudged Arden, "Time to relax-"

"Relax? Why, there's still work to do!" Arron wore a menacing smile.

Suffle grunted, "Fine, but we're resting as soon as Arden comes back."

---

This felt like work all over again. Always being on time for hungry costumers was what would put any employee on edge. This case was an exception, because this was for his friends. Besides, even if he took a long time, Suffle would be grateful that he brought the food anyhow.

Getting to his house was quicker then he thought; Getting stuck in people traffic was easy in the morning. Despite the sun arising, a faint mist had still shrouded Hensville. Within moments he unlocked the door, hurried inside to the kitchen, grabbed the sack full of poultry, locked the door, and left.

"Have you seen this person?" Arden heard while running. It was a child's voice.

The innkeeper replied, "No, I haven't. You might want to try the Shady Oak. Plenty of useful of information, there."

"Okay, thank you!" The child said and skipped away. More of less, skipping away meant coming closer to Arden. It seemed that he had unintentionally became her next volunteer.

"Have you seen this person?" She asked and held up a picture. Arden didn't even need to examine it. The one in the picture was no doubt, Suffle.

"Yes... I have," Arden said slowly, "Do you need something from her?"

"Yep!" She said, "My name is Erith. I'm her niece. Daddy brought me here, because he and Mommy were off on a trip. They said I couldn't come, but whenever something like this happens they bring me to my aunt. But when we came to the factory where she worked and found her green boss, he told that she was here in Hensville. So here I am!"

This was odd. Just because Arden knew Suffle didn't mean that he had to know why she was here. On the other hand, going to the "factory where your aunt worked and finding her green boss" seemed to have fit Suffle nicely. Maybe he shouldn't have said that he did know Suffle.

"Oh yeah," Erith pointed towards the stuffed animal on her shoulder, "This is Bunky. Say, "Hi" Bunky!" The toy waved hello.

"Uh... Hello... Bunky," Arden waved, too. He was scared and surprised, "How does he moved like that?"

"I learned from my master." She replied.

"Um... Erith. Didn't your parents ever tell you not to talk to strangers?" Arden asked.

"Are you stranger I should be afraid of?"

"To be honest, no," Arden was going to continue, but Erith didn't give him enough time to say anymore.

"Good! Now, where's Auntie?"

"Oh, boy," Arden thought, "Looks like I'm stuck with her now."

So Arden started to lead the way. Erith reluctantly followed.

---

"I guess he is taking his sweet time," Suffle complained, still sweeping.

"If I knew you here, it wouldn't have taken that long!" A voice from behind said. Suffle felt something on her back. When she looked, it was a stuffed toy. "Hello!" its squeeky voice said.

Suffle screamed, throwing the broom away and thrashing about in attempt to getting the thing off of her. It hurled and tried to stay on her, but it eventually fell off into the distance. "See, I told you I could do it!" Someone said.

"Yeah," Arden answered, "Good job."

Erith smiled happily and went to go and hug Suffle by the waist, "Auntie!"

"Oh no," Suffle moaned, "It's you."

Current Works:
None.
Old 07-02-2007, 02:59 AM   #14
Plasma Dragon
User

Submissions (4)

Arden's jaw dropped in shock when the stuffed toy greeted his employee. He jumped when Suffle screamed and saw the child run into his workshop. "Ah! Playful child!" Arden cried out and gathered a few knick-knacks and huddled them towards his body and turned around, hoping she wouldn't want to play with them. Suffle almost fell over in disbelief at the fact that Arron was more scared of the 'playful child' that might tinker with his tinkering than the flying stuffed animal that talked.

Old 07-02-2007, 07:31 AM   #15
Ignitedstar

RP Section Moderator

While Suffle was looking at the horrified Arron, Arden said, "So, she's your niece, huh?"

Suffle was going to answer, but Erith filled the words for her, "Yep! This is my auntie! She's kind of moody and greedy, but I can tell that she's a good person."

"Geez," Suffle commented, "Thanks a lot."

Erith looked at Arron, who was still at the corner. She laughed, "Look, Auntie! He looks funny."

"Why are you trying to hide like that? You look ridiculous," Suffle was going to burst into laughter herself, but she didn't want to make Arron look bad.

"Oh- I know what it is!" Erith assumed and grinned, "You don't want me touching your stuff, huh? Don't worry. I know better."

"By the way," Suffle began to ponder, "What're you doing here? Where'd old Steve go this time?"

"Here you go," Erith handed her the letter.

"'To my dearest sister'," Suffle repeated the words and then opened the letter, "Yeah. Right."

She began to read aloud. She didn't care whether other people heard the corny letter anyway. Suffle read it as if she was talking to herself.

---

To my Dearest Sister,

Hello, Suffle! I know that this kind of thing doesn't happen often, but I just got a new job! Let me tell you about it- I'm going to the city on the farthest northren reach of Lordaeron. Oops, I forgot was it was called. Oh well. Anyhow, I hope you don't mind if I drop Erith off with you. I can tell that your kind of busy, since we didn't find you with the goblins. Your boss told me you were on a buisness trip and told me where to find you.

I know you, by a lot, so while your reading this your probably thinking, "What's in it for me?" Well, if this trip of mine becomes sucessful, I'll be getting paid much more then you've ever dreamed of. And since you've always taken care of my dear Erith while I've been busy getting an official job, I'll share some of my fortune with you.

Thanks for your help, little sister. I can always count on you.

Love always,
Old Steve

---

"Huh," Suffle was surprised, "This one's not as bad as some other ones he's given me. But, that idiot didn't say how long the trip's gonna be."

"Are you sure it's okay for you to be calling him an idiot? He's your elder brother," Arden asked.

"You must be a single child," Suffle answered, "Siblings fight all the time. I have to keep this letter, because there are times when old Steve asks, 'I hope you keep my letters, because I put so much time and care into them.' He's such a liar."

"Auntie lies more then Daddy," Erith blurted.

"Excuse me?" Suffle came over and started pulling her hair.

"Ow! Auntie, your gonna pull my hair out!"

"Good, 'cause that's my intention!"

"Suffle, you shouldn't be doing that to your niece. Your brother expects you to take good care of her," Arden grew worried.

"It's okay. This nut-on-the-head always turns out fine."

"Can I see the letter?" Arden asked Suffle.

"Why? I read to everyone." Suffle complained.

"That sounded imcomplete for a letter..."

"Your kidding, Arden. My brother always makes dopey letters," Suffle held on tight to the piece of paper.

It seemed that Suffle's stubborness was showing and would get worse if Arden tried to force the letter from here. So, he changed the subject, "Oh yeah, here's the meat. Eat it, before it gets cold."

Current Works:
None.