wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Warcraft III Modding > Project Discussion > Project Recruitment
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Old 04-12-2007, 03:56 AM   #1
PsycoMarauder
User

PsycoMarauder has little to show at this moment (3)

Send a message via AIM to PsycoMarauder
Default World Domination- Next Gen of Risk Maps

The Reason
Hi everyone, thanks for taking a look at the thread. I am currently working on a Risk based map. (such as Risk Devo or WoW Risk) I enjoy playing Risk games and have been a fan of them for a long time, but I'm interested in making a risk map that features more than the same-old basic playing style that most Risk maps seem to offer. Quite frankly, as dedicated a risk player as I am, 6 years of playing has given me the desire to make something other than simply another theme based on Risk
The Goal
My goal is to create a map with the polish of Risk Devolution and gameplay unique from that of any risk that offers the risk fan-base more interactive gameplay, more stratgies, and options. I'd like to create a game that is different that will be completely different than any a Warcraft player has ever experienced, and I'm going to put in all the effort I can into doing this.
My Experience
I consider myself to be a decent map maker, silently making halfway finished maps before starting a new one. Each time I've done so, I've aquired a rather well-rounded ability in every aspect of of Wc3 editing, but excel especially in none. While silent on the forums, I have been around the modding community for years. What I lack in special skills I make up for in sheer determination, when I want to make something, I go out and learn everything about it so I can make it exactly how I envision it. I'm done half-finishing maps, World Risk will be my completed project. With or without help from others, this project will rank among the best.
Why Am I Recruiting?
The reason I'm recruiting is because I'd like to add another's creativity and mapping abilities to the project to make the map reach it's full potential. The map is about 30% complete. The map's setting are the continents, including Antartica. I am looking for 1-2 experienced map makers to help me with the project. I am looking for someone good at making realistic terrain, as I aim to make the map's geographical features as perfect as possible. I am also looking for someone interested in implementing a wide variety of gameplay options which allow for completely different strategies each time played. Another position open is GUI editing, I want the game to look different than any other Risk themed map.
So Far
As of now, this map could be released and be the same as any other risk map. Now I'm at the stage where I'm working on the aspects that will make this game truly shine. Some features I am working on to set this apart from the other Risk maps are a unique ally system which handicaps units based on the number of allies, units gaining experience and rank, terrain height (dis)advantages, upgradeable territories, banking, and options to allow Medieval, Space, or classic Risk theme. I am very open to your idea's and suggestion's for the map as long as we maintain a common goal. I plan to have the BETA version of the map released by summertime. If you are interested, post here or email me at alexrogers81@comcast.net

Thanks in advance and I look forward to mapping with you soon.

Last edited by PsycoMarauder : 04-13-2007 at 01:08 AM. Reason: Add a better description of My Goal
PsycoMarauder is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 04-12-2007, 06:25 AM   #2
Captain Griffen
Dread Lord of the Cookies

Content Director

Submissions (2)

Captain Griffen is a glorious beacon of light (497)Captain Griffen is a glorious beacon of light (497)Captain Griffen is a glorious beacon of light (497)Captain Griffen is a glorious beacon of light (497)Captain Griffen is a glorious beacon of light (497)

Approved Map: Warlords[Quicksilver #2] - 1st Place

More info on the map itself.

Quote:
a unique ally system which handicaps units based on the number of allies

Everyone will just do informal agreements then.
Quote:
[13:32] <Akolyt0r> hmm.. stil i want to have some unused women
Captain Griffen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 12:32 PM   #3
SeruK
I'm the One

Project Member: WotTH

Submissions (8)

SeruK has a spectacular aura about (105)SeruK has a spectacular aura about (105)SeruK has a spectacular aura about (105)SeruK has a spectacular aura about (105)

Send a message via MSN to SeruK

A tip: Don't write it all in one fat ball
Make some titles or at least sort it a little, the way it looks now is not very. Uh. Cosy.
Old 04-12-2007, 08:18 PM   #4
Whitehorn
SPOON!

Respected User

Submissions (114)

Whitehorn is a name known to all (510)Whitehorn is a name known to all (510)Whitehorn is a name known to all (510)Whitehorn is a name known to all (510)Whitehorn is a name known to all (510)

I love RISK maps. Maybe the non inbred population here could do some game sessions :)

Be excellent to each other.
Whitehorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 01:15 AM
PsycoMarauder
This message has been deleted by PsycoMarauder.
Old 04-13-2007, 01:16 AM
PsycoMarauder
This message has been deleted by PsycoMarauder.
Old 04-13-2007, 01:19 AM   #5
PsycoMarauder
User

Quote:
Everyone will just do informal agreements then.

Yes, the system is being made to prevent people from allying everybody, to say nothing of informal truces. I am still debating on how I want to do this. Many people complain of everyone attacking them since they have the highest income. I was thinking about adding an option to prevent everyone from attacking them when the map begins so they can decide whether teaming without allying was allowed or not.

Quote:
I love RISK maps. Maybe the non inbred population here could do some game sessions :)

Not quite sure what your saying here.
Old 04-13-2007, 01:25 AM   #6
st33m
User

Submissions (1)

st33m is on a distinguished road (22)

Send a message via MSN to st33m

Quote:
Not quite sure what your saying here.
Then you probably cant play :(
Old 04-13-2007, 02:53 AM   #7
PsycoMarauder
User

Quote:
Then you probably cant play :(

I just didnt understand the "inbred" part, my fault for not clarifying. Jeeze, does the project not sound interesting to anyone or do I need to wait couple days? Or is my description scaring them away?
Old 04-13-2007, 05:06 AM   #8
Toink
User

Submissions (3)

Toink is on a distinguished road (17)

Send a message via Yahoo to Toink

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsycoMarauder
While silent on the forums, I have been around the modding community for years.

Code:

Code:
Today's Date is: Friday, April 13, 2007

Anyways, this looks fun :P Post some screenies please :)

Last edited by Toink : 04-13-2007 at 05:06 AM.
Toink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 05:24 AM   #9
st33m
User

Submissions (1)

st33m is on a distinguished road (22)

Send a message via MSN to st33m

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsycoMarauder
I just didnt understand the "inbred" part, my fault for not clarifying. Jeeze, does the project not sound interesting to anyone or do I need to wait couple days? Or is my description scaring them away?
It sounds interesting. I've never really delved into RISK maps. It sounds like you have some things to hammer out, but that it could go well. Polished maps are nice...
Old 04-13-2007, 05:35 AM   #10
PsycoMarauder
User

Quote:

Code:
Today's Date is: Friday, April 13, 2007
Ouch you got me there. I registered a while back but never went to the forums, only dled resources. So no one's intereste eh? Should I post some screenies?

Last edited by PsycoMarauder : 04-24-2007 at 04:07 AM.