wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Warcraft III Modding > Developer's Corner > General Development
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Old 04-06-2007, 12:28 PM   #1
wraith
User

wraith has little to show at this moment (1)

Default How do I make Water War Submerged game play?

Last edited by wraith : 12-17-2008 at 11:10 AM.
wraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 04-06-2007, 11:18 PM   #2
Dark.Revenant
User

Submissions (1)

Dark.Revenant will become famous soon enough (44)Dark.Revenant will become famous soon enough (44)

It's going to be hard to find help when you post on a forum as you would chat on AIM. Regardless, I'll try to help you.

What "Water War: Submerged" does is make the starting map camera bounds be the main area where everyone starts in. This will make the minimap be accurate to what the map is. However, while making the terrain, the mapmaker doubled the map area so he could make the underwater terrain. Afterwards, he shrunk the camera bounds to the normal area, but kept the actual map size the same. Then, when a hero casts submerge, triggers make the camera bounds for that player switch to the underwater area, move the hero to the underwater area, and center the camera on the hero.

Most mapmakers can figure it out from there, as the specifics are just the region placement and exact trigger functions. If you honestly need me to give you a step-by-step exact process for the minor details, you need to first learn the basics of the World Editor, as if you plan on making a map to be released on battle.net, you should at least know the basics, almost all of which can be found in the tutorials section of this site.

Last edited by Dark.Revenant : 04-06-2007 at 11:20 PM.
Dark.Revenant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 05:44 AM
wraith
This message has been deleted by wraith.
Old 04-07-2007, 05:46 AM   #3
Earth-Fury
Two Blue

Submissions (7)

Earth-Fury is just really nice (343)Earth-Fury is just really nice (343)Earth-Fury is just really nice (343)Earth-Fury is just really nice (343)

Send a message via MSN to Earth-Fury

simply set a players camera bounds to a region. (rect in JASS)

For GUI, i think the action is under "camera".

That will force the player to look within that region. Click B in the world editor to see the default camera bounds. (notice how they aren't as big as the map itself?)
Search
Tutorials
Ability Guide

UnitMaxState
BonusMod

AutoIndex
ARGB
TimerUtils

Earth-Fury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 07:44 AM   #4
grim001
requires vJass

Code Moderator

Submissions (10)

grim001 is just really nice (277)grim001 is just really nice (277)

Send a message via AIM to grim001

haha it would be really cool if you turned down the gravity in an underwater map. I just had that thought.
grim001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 09:40 AM
wraith
Old 04-07-2007, 09:47 AM   #5
Pyrogasm
Lackadaisically Absent.

Respected User

Submissions (9)

Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)

Hero Contest - Fourth place

Send a message via ICQ to Pyrogasm Send a message via AIM to Pyrogasm Send a message via MSN to Pyrogasm Send a message via Yahoo to Pyrogasm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earth-Fury
simply set a players camera bounds to a region. (rect in JASS)

For GUI, i think the action is under "camera".
Quote:
Originally Posted by wraith
Um... can u show me the triggers in jass so I can copy it down as i do not know how to use jass. im a GUI user ><, or a demo map which shows me???
I don't flame much, but... Use. Your. Brain.

He told you where to look, now go use those two organs in your head that allow you to read text on a computer screen.

The GUI actions are categorized, for pete's sake!
Your spells are mostly ignored because they are not very cool so we aren't very excited to review/approve them, but you are incredibly persistent and won't give us an excuse to graveyard it. That is generally what results in a resource being ignored for a long time.

The Spell Request Thread Done for, unless someone else wants to revive it...
It lasted a damn long time.

Please; Ask for Help Appropriately

Quote:
Originally posted by Kyrbi0
Huh. Almost makes me wish I had a girlfriend, to take advantage of today (wait, no, that's not what I meant... I mean, take advantage of the fact that it is international women's day... gah, never mind).
Quote:
Originally posted by Pyrogasm
Rome may not have been built in a day, but the Romans sure as hell didn't say "look at this great city we built guys!" when they had nothing more than a bit of stone and some cottages.
Pyrogasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 09:56 AM   #6
Earth-Fury
Two Blue

Submissions (7)

Earth-Fury is just really nice (343)Earth-Fury is just really nice (343)Earth-Fury is just really nice (343)Earth-Fury is just really nice (343)

Send a message via MSN to Earth-Fury

Pardon the rant... I need to vent. This is only somewhat related to this particular thread.

[rant]
I'm fucking tired of people posting in the triggers & scripts and general development forums looking for handouts, while at the same time posting like they have no brain in their head.

"How can you do _____?"... So i do my best to explain it to them. The people that piss me off are not the ones that don't get it, but the ones that are unwilling to try to take the information i have provided, and attempt to make their own fucking map. In this particular thread, I tell someone the category to find an action under, and how to use it... And look at the type of responses we (not just me) get.

When someone answers you, try to learn to fish for your damn selves. "Give a man a fish, feed him for a day; Teach a man to fish, feed him for a life time" If you are unwilling to take the information given to you and try it for your selves, GTFO. If you do try it for yourselves, and fail to get it to work, thats not at all bad. Thats part of the learning proses.

But don't come back here a post like an idiot, for example, asking someone to do it for you. TELL people what you tried, what you don't understand, and go from there. WE ARE NOT PSYCHIC. You have to help us understand your issue and where you are having trouble, so we can actually help you, instead of asking a bunch of stupid questions that help us understand what you want in the first place.

When you're starting a thread, FUCKING READ IT FIRST. Have yo communicated what you want to do? Have you communicated what issues you are having? Have you typed in a clear and easy to read fashion? Are there allot of typos in your post? Are all terms that may not be general knowledge to the people in the forum you a posting in defined? Are you asking for a handout?

Thats one thing that REALLY pisses me off. The people who, when they can not understand something, simply ask for someone to do it for them. Personally, I'm not going to do that. I'm going to try and help the person understand how to do it for themselves. But fuck, that gets tiering. Especially when people are unwilling to learn, and JUST want a handout.

[/rant]

Someone report this post for me, i can't do it myself. If you don't know why, read what I said again. Not the swear words and rudeness (the reason for reporting it), but the content and feeling of my message. (The reason i want a message that should be reported to be reported.)

Trigger:
Untitled Trigger 002
Events
Conditions
Collapse Actions
Camera - Set the camera bounds for Player 1 (Red) to CameraLeft <gen>
Search
Tutorials
Ability Guide

UnitMaxState
BonusMod

AutoIndex
ARGB
TimerUtils

Last edited by Earth-Fury : 04-07-2007 at 10:14 AM.
Earth-Fury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 10:06 AM
wraith
Old 04-07-2007, 10:10 AM   #7
SentryIII
Hello world!

Submissions (2)

SentryIII will become famous soon enough (56)SentryIII will become famous soon enough (56)

Approved Map: S3 Marine Corps

Send a message via AIM to SentryIII

This is the very basics of problem solving. What are you doing? What is supposed to happen? What is happening instead? The very first step is to define the problem. Go back into Worldedit and figure that out.

e-Sports Earnings
http://www.esportsearnings.com

S3 Marine Corps (Map Series)
http://www.wc3c.net/showthread.php?t=83733

Warcraft III AutoRefresh (C# .NET Open Source Application)
http://www.wc3c.net/showthread.php?t=93728
SentryIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 10:17 AM   #8
Pyrogasm
Lackadaisically Absent.

Respected User

Submissions (9)

Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)

Send a message via ICQ to Pyrogasm Send a message via AIM to Pyrogasm Send a message via MSN to Pyrogasm Send a message via Yahoo to Pyrogasm

Here's a checklist. Have you:
  • Made a map?
  • Created a region?
  • Created a trigger?
  • Added an event to the trigger?
  • Added any actions to the trigger?
  • Added the aforementioned action to said trigger?
  • Changed the "region" field to reflect that of the region you created?
  • Saved your map?
  • Tested the correct map?
Your spells are mostly ignored because they are not very cool so we aren't very excited to review/approve them, but you are incredibly persistent and won't give us an excuse to graveyard it. That is generally what results in a resource being ignored for a long time.

Quote:
Huh. Almost makes me wish I had a girlfriend, to take advantage of today (wait, no, that's not what I meant... I mean, take advantage of the fact that it is international women's day... gah, never mind).
Quote:
Rome may not have been built in a day, but the Romans sure as hell didn't say "look at this great city we built guys!" when they had nothing more than a bit of stone and some cottages.
Old 04-07-2007, 10:43 AM   #9
Toink
User

Submissions (3)

Toink is on a distinguished road (17)

Send a message via Yahoo to Toink

Quote:
well dude i tried it ffs.but it fails for some reason i did it on a 35 35 dirt map

Great, he did it on the smallest map size, AND I assume that he placed the rect INSIDE the DEFAULT camera bounds >_>
Toink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 01:58 PM   #10
PitzerMike
Alcopops

Tools & Tutorials Moderator

Submissions (12)

PitzerMike is a splendid one to behold (643)PitzerMike is a splendid one to behold (643)PitzerMike is a splendid one to behold (643)PitzerMike is a splendid one to behold (643)

Approved Map: Pitzer's Minesweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by wraith
...but it fails...

Great description of your problem again there. pfft.
Old 04-08-2007, 05:36 AM
wraith
Old 04-08-2007, 08:18 AM   #11
Jacek
Banned

Submissions (1)

Jacek is a jewel in the rough (164)Jacek is a jewel in the rough (164)

Send a message via MSN to Jacek

62x62? wtf o_O
Jacek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 12:07 PM
wraith
Old 04-13-2007, 12:13 PM   #12
Pyrogasm
Lackadaisically Absent.

Respected User

Submissions (9)

I'm sorry, can you translate that into english? I don't speak retardese.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 04-13-2007, 12:21 PM
wraith
Old 04-13-2007, 12:40 PM   #13
Toink
User

Submissions (3)

Toink is on a distinguished road (17)

Send a message via Yahoo to Toink

No he is right, retardese.
Toink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 12:40 PM   #14
Pyrogasm
Lackadaisically Absent.

Respected User

Submissions (9)

Pardon me: I meant readable english:

Quote:
ok as u guys know how do i remove the above of water war minimap the terrian above i wanna make it to black just like water war, water war the top l and bottom are black in colour but mine is not help please
Contains one or more instance of the following:
  • Spelling errors
  • Capitalization errors
  • Run-on sentances
  • Abbreviations
  • Comma splices
  • Miscellaneous punctuation errors
  • Undefined words: "...top l and..."
  • Improper formatting
  • Word combinations that don't make sense: "...water war minimap the terrian above i wanna..."
  • Misuse of prepositional phrases
  • Using British spellings :)
  • General abomination, slaughter, misuse, and annihilation of:
    A) The English Language
    B) My Brain
  • Illegibility

Quote:
Quote:
Old 04-13-2007, 12:40 PM   #15
Rising_Dusk
Obscurity, the Art

Projects Director
Project Leader: OD

Submissions (27)

Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)

Hero Contest #3 - 1st PlaceApproved Map: Desert of ExileApproved Map: Advent of the ZenithHero Contest #2 - 1st PlaceHero Contest - Third place>

Send a message via AIM to Rising_Dusk Send a message via MSN to Rising_Dusk

Readme
Quote:
1. Read your post. Is it typed in a way that is easy to understand? Are terms that are not known to all defined? Is it riddled with typos?

I honest to God read it four times and made no progress.
Something about yours being black and theirs isn't... But what the hell is "black" and where?
Elaborate, please.

EDIT:
Three posts at 7:40AM?
Losers, the lot of us.

Last edited by Rising_Dusk : 04-13-2007 at 12:41 PM.
Rising_Dusk is offline   Reply With Quote