wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Town Hall > WC3C News
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Old 03-18-2007, 05:09 AM   #16
twiztid_reality
User

twiztid_reality has little to show at this moment (0)

The cinematic is poorly done IMHO.
Grammar, punctuation and delivery of the story needs much work.
The choice of music was rather poor, it failed to contribute to the mood.
And the battlescenes were as good as attack+move in any melee map, units were clogging behind other units in the battlefield amongst other things.
Good to see progress, tho.
twiztid_reality is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 03-18-2007, 12:58 PM   #17
Restor
User

Restor has little to show at this moment (4)

oh, come on, if u cannot take critics from others, then dont make maps, Its total trash for that 10MB, like rednek said, 100 units attack move vs 100 units and thats all. Nothing extra, nothing. And the text, it was quick, make it little slower or make less of text, i dont know if u are from english-speaking countries, but for other, like me, is needed time to translate it in mind. But u dont care, as i can see. And the knights, it couldnt be worse, when they appear in the center of battle, maybe some teleports or what, maybe their hero used tp (in that case would be there efekt of tp :) ) Come on, others, u dont see it? dont care about author, care about that trailer.
Restor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 01:13 PM   #18
Waldbaer
Dragonblood Creator

Submissions (3)

Waldbaer will become famous soon enough (37)Waldbaer will become famous soon enough (37)

Quite nice, nothing groundbreaking, but not noobish, too.
Short rating:
Terrain 9/10
Very nice so far; sometimes the models looked a bit weird
Story
Well this is a trailer, a trailer has no story and that's just as it should be, so no rating
Cinematography 5/10
Not very bad, but sometimes the view goes to places where nothing happens and sometimes it just moves in very unexpected ways. Also bad: these 0.2-seconds stills at the end of a sway just resulting from wait functions being inexact. Camera should move on the one hand in a way showing just what the watcher wants to see and on the other hand try to make watching exciting. Balancing between these two aspects is not easy, but you definately have a too strong tendency towards the second aspect.
Music + Sound 6/10
There isn't any triggered sound, is it? Well there is no need for it, I think. But the music... the beginning is good and the second piece at first fits for a trailer, but after some seconds... well, this is no battle music. And for the final scenes the music is too much moving.
Cleanliness 7/10
Some problems here:
- big Cannon balls with very big explosions sometimes don't have any effect
- Camera sometimes moves through models
- Much text for a cinematic, much TOO MUCH for a trailer
- it seems that sometimes you don't know if you want to make a trailer or a cinematic. The battle sequence is too long for a trailer I think (by the way, I don't think that it is that bad, some details may have been nice, but it's OK in my opinion). If there are any important characters in your campaign, it may have been interesting to get a short view on them. There were the trolls, maybe Sylvanas, but is there any hero the player can identify with?
- EVERY trailer should show what it advertises for. That means in the end, it should show the campaign logo, peferably as a filter in fullscreen format.
- Many language issues, sometimes making difficult to understand what is meant to be said.

Finally a word to these very bad criticisms calling this "trash": this is a warcraft cinematic, not a hollywood production and since wc3sear.ch has closed you seem to have forgotten what real beginner's work looks like!

Last edited by Waldbaer : 03-18-2007 at 01:18 PM.
Waldbaer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 02:34 PM   #19
Taur
#8 in posting (nolifeftw)

Taur is a jewel in the rough (215)Taur is a jewel in the rough (215)Taur is a jewel in the rough (215)Taur is a jewel in the rough (215)

Quote:
oh, come on, if u cannot take critics from others, then dont make maps, Its total trash for that 10MB, like rednek said, 100 units attack move vs 100 units and thats all. Nothing extra, nothing. And the text, it was quick, make it little slower or make less of text, i dont know if u are from english-speaking countries, but for other, like me, is needed time to translate it in mind. But u dont care, as i can see. And the knights, it couldnt be worse, when they appear in the center of battle, maybe some teleports or what, maybe their hero used tp (in that case would be there efekt of tp :) ) Come on, others, u dont see it? dont care about author, care about that trailer.
Err... what are you talking about? I though we reacted quite well to criticism. The text I thought was okay, some people found it too fast, others didnt. Now for the attack-move thing, the main battle was basically in the beach, it was meant to be like the WWII landing, in that I think that sceene was pretty much what we wanted. The knight scene I agree was done badly, the teleport idea is actually a good one. We intended to make bob fix it up a bit, but he didnt have the time. Anyways, obviously this trailer isnt supposed to be like ship wrecked xD it was something we got bob to do in a month, because people wouldnt stop bothering us in the forums. Mostly to show we're still alive and to get people interested in UL.
Taur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 02:36 PM   #20
Captain Griffen
Dread Lord of the Cookies

Content Director

Submissions (2)

Captain Griffen is a glorious beacon of light (497)Captain Griffen is a glorious beacon of light (497)Captain Griffen is a glorious beacon of light (497)Captain Griffen is a glorious beacon of light (497)Captain Griffen is a glorious beacon of light (497)

Approved Map: Warlords[Quicksilver #2] - 1st Place

The text speed was too fast. I found it a bit on the fast side, and I'm a very fast reader.
Quote:
[13:32] <Akolyt0r> hmm.. stil i want to have some unused women
Captain Griffen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 02:43 PM   #21
Super_Duck
User

Submissions (3)

Super_Duck is on a distinguished road (20)

I where able to read it, and english isnt my first language, i agree it was a bit fast some places, so maybe display it for a bit longer time, or split it up abit, it was mostly a pretty big block of text.
Super_Duck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 04:16 PM   #22
rednek
",:..:,"

Submissions (11)

rednek will become famous soon enough (61)rednek will become famous soon enough (61)rednek will become famous soon enough (61)

Taur, you think text isn't too fast, because you was see it and read it many times
If I create cinematic, I can read every text for 0,1 second, because I KNOW what is write in it

(lol, a hole in there, damn I fail :C )
rednek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 06:16 PM   #23
Restor
User

Quote:
Finally a word to these very bad criticisms calling this "trash": this is a warcraft cinematic, not a hollywood production and since wc3sear.ch has closed you seem to have forgotten what real beginner's work looks like!

I know it is cinematic, but if I want see a battle like this I can go 1v1 Ork mirror and see (orc attack move rase :) ) And about that hollywood, they made lots of films with worse scenes like here so u arent worst , its not TOTAL trash, but for that great projects it is.

and for that wc3sear-maybe i forget begginers work but this map bringed my memory back. And if not, i can still watch my own work (couse i am not so good map maker, at least, two or three years ago, when I did my last map)

Quote:
Anyways, obviously this trailer isnt supposed to be like ship wrecked xD it was something we got bob to do in a month, because people wouldnt stop bothering us in the forums. Mostly to show we're still alive and to get people interested in UL.
this is only my opinion but dont make in haste, and if u must, make something with less of time, i can imagine this in maybe 1 or two minutes (films trailer are usualy that quick). And i dont want to bother u, but my two friends told me their opinion about bob27 other cinematic, that they are worse than this, and i think they have a taste for maps and I have no reason to dont believe them.
Old 03-18-2007, 07:45 PM   #24
Captain Griffen
Dread Lord of the Cookies

Content Director

Submissions (2)

Captain Griffen is a glorious beacon of light (497)Captain Griffen is a glorious beacon of light (497)Captain Griffen is a glorious beacon of light (497)Captain Griffen is a glorious beacon of light (497)Captain Griffen is a glorious beacon of light (497)

Approved Map: Warlords[Quicksilver #2] - 1st Place

Quote:
Originally Posted by Restor
this is only my opinion but dont make in haste, and if u must, make something with less of time, i can imagine this in maybe 1 or two minutes (films trailer are usualy that quick). And i dont want to bother u, but my two friends told me their opinion about bob27 other cinematic, that they are worse than this, and i think they have a taste for maps and I have no reason to dont believe them.

Film trailers effectively have multi-million pound budget, as they just cut the most exciting/spectacular short bits out of the film, and then put on a voice over.
Quote:
[13:32] <Akolyt0r> hmm.. stil i want to have some unused women
Captain Griffen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 09:55 PM   #25
Restor
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taur
it was something we got bob to do in a month, because people wouldnt stop bothering us in the forums. Mostly to show we're still alive and to get people interested in UL.

come on, month is LOTS of time, i thought he did this in one two days. If some one make cin. like this in one month then try to find another cinematicer.
Old 03-19-2007, 04:44 PM   #26
Anitarf
Procrastination Incarnate

Development Director

Submissions (19)

Anitarf has a brilliant future (888)Anitarf has a brilliant future (888)Anitarf has a brilliant future (888)Anitarf has a brilliant future (888)Anitarf has a brilliant future (888)Anitarf has a brilliant future (888)Anitarf has a brilliant future (888)Anitarf has a brilliant future (888)

2008 Spell olympics - Fire - SilverApproved Map: Old School Alliance TacticsHero Contest #2 - 3rd PlaceSpell making session 2 winner

Actualy, Blizzard's cinematic contest lasted one month. There were some pretty nice submissions made in that time.

Last edited by Anitarf : 03-19-2007 at 04:45 PM.
Anitarf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 06:17 PM   #27
SeruK
I'm the One

Project Member: WotTH

Submissions (8)

SeruK has a spectacular aura about (105)SeruK has a spectacular aura about (105)SeruK has a spectacular aura about (105)SeruK has a spectacular aura about (105)

Send a message via MSN to SeruK

And you just happened to win that. ;)
Old 03-20-2007, 05:47 PM   #28
Belphegor666
User

Submissions (1)

Belphegor666 is on a distinguished road (16)

The trailer was great. I found the music and everything to be high quality and fitting (at least for me). I see no remark except that knights clodding themselves up and the mountains behind the flying barges... It would be much better if there was a near endless sight of flying barges and ships.. Though it would lag... a lot.
Belphegor666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 01:08 AM   #29
The Curse
User

The Curse has little to show at this moment (1)

Lots of common cliched spelling error. =/

War Change is coming.
The Curse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 08:29 PM   #30
editman
User

editman has little to show at this moment (0)

Well, This is old but, the map is not downloadable anymore, there is something i wanted to learn from it, but now its gone...could someone PM me the map?

i seen a 90degreed Paladin unit, how are you able to do that?

Last edited by editman : 07-23-2010 at 08:29 PM.
editman is offline   Reply With Quote