wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Warcraft III Modding > Project Discussion > Map Testing
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Old 03-12-2007, 08:12 PM   #1
lScorpionl
User

lScorpionl has little to show at this moment (2)

Idea My AI (For Custom Map)

Hello, I Allways see this forum, I like it!!! And in some freetimes I make one AI for one map... This map Likes Dota, his name is DOTG, but my first objective is make a "very Strong AI" with so many orders and capacity to make Everything!!! but i Think in EveryThing!!!
Ok... My First Version have some orders for start, but I want help for the Masters of this zone... I see much people, but i need more help for give my best to this map... Well, I wait answer and your help...

In this version 1.00b:

- Issues For Multiple AI's.
- AI's can get items.
- AI's can return to heall in his fountain.
- AI's can learn skills.
- AI's can ambush players randomly.
- AI's can make *Back Door* randomly.
- AI's have priority for destroy the base of enemy.
- AI's can get a side random (Right, Center, Left).

*Back Door = AI's stays in the towers for kill them, no matter else have or not alied creeps (or enemy) in range.

Well... I'll try do give my best in this AI, but I want help for become more impresionant this AI's!!!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
The map can be open with "World Editor Unlimited"
Well I post The map Compresed, if you want, you can play this map directly, but if you want to see the AI codification you can enter in the map and check!!! Remember, you need the "World Editor Unlimited" Thx!!
Attached Files
File Type: w3x DOTGV108b_AI101pro.w3x (1.38 MB, 275 views)

Last edited by lScorpionl : 05-22-2007 at 01:29 AM.
lScorpionl is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 03-13-2007, 04:43 AM   #2
Av3n
Roar!

Project Leader: TBR
Project Member: PoC

Submissions (7)

Av3n is a jewel in the rough (240)Av3n is a jewel in the rough (240)Av3n is a jewel in the rough (240)Av3n is a jewel in the rough (240)Av3n is a jewel in the rough (240)

Hero #4 extra-official winner2008 Spell olympics - Fire - BronzeHero Contest #3 - 3rd Place

Quote:
Originally Posted by lScorpionl
Hello, I Allways see this forum, I like it!!! And in some freetimes I make one AI for one map... This map Likes Dota, his name is DOTG, but my first objective is make a "very Strong AI" with so many orders and capacity to make Everything!!! but i Think in EveryThing!!!
Ok... My First Version have some orders for start, but I want help for the Masters of this zone... I see much people, but i need more help for give my best to this map... Well, I wait answer and your help...

In this version 1.00b:

- Issues For Multiple AI's.
- AI's can get items.
- AI's can return to heall in his fountain.
- AI's can learn skills.
- AI's can ambush players randomly.
- AI's can make *Back Door* randomly.
- AI's have priority for destroy the base of enemy.
- AI's can get a side random (Right, Center, Left).

*Back Door = AI's stays in the towers for kill them, no matter else have or not alied creeps (or enemy) in range.

Well... I'll try do give my best in this AI, but I want help for become more impresionant this AI's!!!

The map can be open with "World Editor Unlimited"

How does this work...

-Av3n

Thanks to FatherTime for the sig
.:
Current ProjectsSubmissions
Power of CorruptionMy Terrain
The Black RoadMy Resources
Strikeforce
Twitter
Av3n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 06:15 PM   #3
lScorpionl
User

You Only Need to Copy this map in the Download Archieve of your Warcraft 3 game File, you need "TFT" 1.20e or lastest for play it!!!
Good luck and Good Game... I'll try do give a nice AI's...
Old 03-13-2007, 06:33 PM   #4
Mezzer
:emote_grin:

Submissions (1)

Mezzer has a spectacular aura about (77)Mezzer has a spectacular aura about (77)Mezzer has a spectacular aura about (77)

Send a message via MSN to Mezzer Send a message via Yahoo to Mezzer

That's not what he was asking. He meant for you to explain just what the AI does, and how, so that we don't have to do a lot of guess work. In detail preferably. Also, you might wanna find someone to help you translate since your english is a bit lacking.
Old 03-13-2007, 08:55 PM   #5
lScorpionl
User

What this AI (Computer) does, it is an almost the same thing that should make a standard player, it tries to give him the same functions that there might have a player des this one type inside the game, but since all they know, an AI is never perfect, for this reason, I am trying to ask that they should help me to know if I can improve the functions that I realize with this AI, since his orders are good, probably not, but what I try to know it is like to improve them and likewise to summon functions that allow them to recover better than they do it now. Well, with regard to what they do in if the AI's (Computer) it is apart from what it explains previously, centralizing me in the code, I can expose the functions that I realize this way:

1) I locate a player who is a type "Computer" and give him the order to choose a Hero of the house of random form, since to generate variety with the type of use of the Heroes who exist in this map.

2) After that a player type "Computer" chose a Hero, the function orders him to verify several status of his Hero to control (current Life, current Manna, condition that type handles the Hero, nearby allies, units Hero nearby, nearby Enemies, Enemies' quantity, Ítems who possesses the Hero, Skills that it has learned and Additional not so important).

3) During game-, the computers were recovering a standard role of a normal player (As if the ino was playing against a friend or something like that), apart from this, the computer has An option, which is to learn of his mistakes (This function is not implemented very well), But there defrauds which, trying it a time, it turns out that player the type "Computer" can achieve to have A surprising skill the paragraph to know player (With this function the computer can knows only one player in all the game), and to take advantage of his weaknesses and his advantages impede …

4) There are other functions that allow the Hero decides the side (or lane) to attack, likewise that allow the computer controler verify if it suits to stay figthing or not (this function has a couple of bugs), but already almost this finished.

If you found a bug or can help me in improving (or changing) my functions, i would thank completly.

PD: If you want to know more about this functions, you can check the map with the "WEU"...

Last edited by lScorpionl : 03-13-2007 at 09:03 PM.
Old 04-02-2007, 04:49 PM   #6
Matarael
User

Submissions (2)

Matarael will become famous soon enough (49)Matarael will become famous soon enough (49)

Nice. I tried it and it's okay for version 1. Problem (for me) is probably the Spanish you're using (since I don't understand it -_-).

Here's a problem: the AI is set on whatever it's doing (like attacking a tower or unit) and if my Hero attacks it it doesn't react (keeps attacking whatever it's attacking).
Other problems also like its way too easy to defeat and it's not using proper abilities. But that's probably because it's an early version.
Matarael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 09:05 PM   #7
GALLED
User

Submissions (1)

GALLED has little to show at this moment (1)

You can type: "-ExtremeAI" or something for AIs more agreesive.

War of Gods
GALLED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 09:06 AM   #8
Matarael
User

Submissions (2)

Matarael will become famous soon enough (49)Matarael will become famous soon enough (49)

Hey lScorpionl, I'm going to adopt your AI for my map. Is that okay? (I'm actually already halfway done importing and translating hahaha.. it looks very interesting and easily modified to my needs).
I'll definitely credit you (and your team if you have one).
Old 04-16-2007, 02:18 PM   #9
lScorpionl
User

Idea

Yeah yeah!!! You can!!! Use this... Don't forgot includ my name in the credits of the AIs...
Well... This AI is with a standar orders, because if i use my functions with best options for AI, the AI confuses himself and last 2 - 6 deads the AI stay in his "Base" or "fountain"...
Well, I'll try to make a best, but for my class of the University i can't make a best for this moment... But don't worry, i make more powerfull AI's for the next time!!!
Old 04-21-2007, 08:20 AM   #10
Matarael
User

Submissions (2)

Hi again. It's now fully imported. I changed a lot of codes from your original scripting though.

First, I changed how the AI bots choose their Heroes. Instead of creating a random Hero, I made it so they'd BUY a unit from one of the taverns.

Second, I added a function for a Side A Side B Hero group choosing. If the AI is in Side A (like the Scourge, or Sentinel), it will only choose Heroes from that side unless the game is set to All Pick.

Third, I added a defend function so that when their barrack is attacked and no ally Hero is nearby they'd go to it. They'll press on after the threat is gone (I hope hahaha).

And last (that I can think of) I added Potion item use trigger and specific unit ability trigger too. The potion function is for if they're under level 4 they will buy potions and use them for themselves or ally heroes if they are wounded, and the second is for Heroes with Global abilities and sniping abilities. If they spot a badly wounded Hero they will snipe :D

I'll post it when it's done. So far so good though. I can't win againts 3 AI Heroes if they're together. And they're smart enough to go after me. And since I programmed them to buy items unique to them, they get pretty decent equipment after a while fighting.
Old 05-22-2007, 01:31 AM   #11
lScorpionl
User

I Added somethings... to this new version... THe new version of AIs is posted in the first Post!!! If you want you can download it and oppen with WEU...
PLZ!!! Remember announce the name of the creators in your credits!!!

Added to this version:
---------------------

- Now the Computer launch spells to the heros so many times.
- At the time of hunting, the AI's can regret to do it in the way for multiple reasons.
- Some AI's (Single some and few) now has a customized purchase but of items, so that they were armed different from which even has the generalized purchase.
- The AI's have one better formulates to place in ambush now.
- The names of the AI's Cambian according to the difficulty level (I include the name of the clan “Knight” that supports generously to the progress of our map).
- The AI's now defends their base if this under attack.
- The AI's go to kill creeps of one better form and but opportunely.
- The AI's have now low lag in the map at the time of sending their spells.
- The AI's target many times enemy heros.
- The AI's backs down when they are under attack from towers, except for exceptional conditions.
- Fixed function (AI's now if they receive a random hero and do not choose favourite heros).
- The AI's Now gathers Runes.
- The AI's have now defined the site of beginning in the map, disperses of form (1, 2, 2) for the respective sides (North, Center, South).
- The AI's Destroy the items that can see and that they are not from him.

Last edited by lScorpionl : 05-22-2007 at 01:40 AM.
Old 05-22-2007, 01:35 AM   #12
Pyrogasm
Lackadaisically Absent.

Respected User

Submissions (9)

Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)

Hero Contest - Fourth place

Send a message via ICQ to Pyrogasm Send a message via AIM to Pyrogasm Send a message via MSN to Pyrogasm Send a message via Yahoo to Pyrogasm

Quote:
Originally Posted by lScorpionl
- A la hora de cazar, los AI's pueden arrepentirse de hacerlo en el camino por razones multiples.
- Algunos AI's (Solo algunos y pocos) tienen ahora una compra mas personalizada de items, de forma que se armaran diferente a los que aun tienen la compra generalizada.
- Los AI's Tienen una mejor formula de emboscar ahora.
- Los nombres de los AI's Cambian de acuerdo al nivel de dificultad (Se incluyo el nombre del clan "Knight" quien apoya generosamente al progreso de nuestro mapa).
- Los AI's ahora defienden su base si esta bajo ataque.
- Los AI's Creepean de una mejor forma y mas oportunamente.
- Los AI's lagean menos el mapa al momento de lanzar sus hechizos.
- Los AI's targetean mas veces a los heros enemigos.
- Los AI's retroceden cuando estan bajo ataque de la torre, salvo condiciones excepcionales.
- Arreglado funcion (AI's ahora si reciben un hero aleatorio y no eligen heros preferidos).
- Los AI's Ahora recogen Runas (Falta implementar, pero creo que ya funciona) T_T.
- Los AI's Tienen ahora definido el sitio de inicio en el mapa, se dispersan de forma (1, 2, 2) para los lados respectivos (Arriba, Medio, Abajo).
- Los AI's Destruyen los items que puedan ver y que no sean suyos...
English?
Your spells are mostly ignored because they are not very cool so we aren't very excited to review/approve them, but you are incredibly persistent and won't give us an excuse to graveyard it. That is generally what results in a resource being ignored for a long time.

The Spell Request Thread Done for, unless someone else wants to revive it...
It lasted a damn long time.

Please; Ask for Help Appropriately

Quote:
Originally posted by Kyrbi0
Huh. Almost makes me wish I had a girlfriend, to take advantage of today (wait, no, that's not what I meant... I mean, take advantage of the fact that it is international women's day... gah, never mind).
Quote:
Originally posted by Pyrogasm
Rome may not have been built in a day, but the Romans sure as hell didn't say "look at this great city we built guys!" when they had nothing more than a bit of stone and some cottages.
Pyrogasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 03:25 AM   #13
moyack
Evil Emoticon

Respected User
Project Leader: PoC

Submissions (17)

moyack is a splendid one to behold (666)moyack is a splendid one to behold (666)moyack is a splendid one to behold (666)moyack is a splendid one to behold (666)

AI Tournament #2 - 2nd PlaceHero Contest - Second place

Send a message via MSN to moyack

Your AI looks promising Scorpion, it's a shame that your map can only be opened with WEU. I suggest to think seriously in implement your AI in such way that it can be opened and used in a normal WE.
moyack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 04:54 AM   #14
Av3n
Roar!

Project Leader: TBR
Project Member: PoC

Submissions (7)

Av3n is a jewel in the rough (240)Av3n is a jewel in the rough (240)Av3n is a jewel in the rough (240)Av3n is a jewel in the rough (240)Av3n is a jewel in the rough (240)

Hero #4 extra-official winner2008 Spell olympics - Fire - BronzeHero Contest #3 - 3rd Place

Destroying items??? You might want to add something like an item checker to c if the item is good or not...

-Av3n

Thanks to FatherTime for the sig
.:
Current ProjectsSubmissions
Power of CorruptionMy Terrain
The Black RoadMy Resources
Strikeforce
Twitter
Av3n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 01:34 AM   #15
lScorpionl
User

Well, about "Why i use WEU in my AI Map"?? This is because this map is one proyect with one friend...
Oh well... Sorry for my bad english... I'll try to give my best in this posts...

About your post "Av3n", the AI's destroy the items and don't check it, because Even it does not finish the function of checking items... besides, every hero AI, has a personalized items, which have not to of he turns affected for motives X...
I'll post a new version soon guys... thx for read this posts... and for the sugestions...