wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Tutorials > Tutorials for beginners
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Old 07-30-2008, 08:41 PM   #32
FetteWorst
User

FetteWorst has little to show at this moment (0)

Well..... hello i come with a (at least it seems that way) simple question...i created a simple Tower model, to get a grasp of the tools, how to import the things, animate them and so on..i followed some tutorials and everything worked just fine....but i fail at importing the model properly, so i came here seeking for some help from the experienced people.
Please help me i tryed it for several hours now, googled it(again and again...,tryed different tuts, recompiled the model, double checked everything!...
I always receive the "date could not be loaded:test.mdl(mdl i right, isn't it? mdx?)
so what is my friggin problem? the model and its animation just work fine in the viewer, could it still be corrupted? or did i just messed up with the model path, while importing the model into the map editor?(honestly i tryed everything out, sadly everytime the path seemed to be wrong!)

Well thats a bunch of question marks here, i hope someone might be able to help me, many thanks in advance
Attached Images
File Type: jpg hh.JPG (144.5 KB, 48 views)
FetteWorst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2008, 12:15 PM   #33
Jessen51
User

Jessen51 has little to show at this moment (0)

Cool it work perfect :D
Jessen51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 11:44 AM   #34
kazpike
User

kazpike has little to show at this moment (0)

where can i get that demon knight??? ans me pls
kazpike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 02:38 PM   #35
Archian
Dark & Ominous

Project Leader: LoC

Submissions (27)

Archian is a glorious beacon of light (477)Archian is a glorious beacon of light (477)Archian is a glorious beacon of light (477)Archian is a glorious beacon of light (477)

Read it again carefully
Archian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 01:04 AM   #36
pronto-gaf
User

pronto-gaf has little to show at this moment (0)

hey i have a question about importing another skin in your tutorial i followed your steps with demon knight and when i extracted it i got 3 files i imported all of them although when i try to import camel_humps night elf Priestess it only comes up with 1 file to import so i'm not sure whether this is the model or what just without a game interface pic
pronto-gaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 07:30 PM   #37
Mc !
Master Creator !

Acting art director
Project Member: WotTH

Submissions (101)

Mc ! has a reputation beyond repute (1117)Mc ! has a reputation beyond repute (1117)Mc ! has a reputation beyond repute (1117)Mc ! has a reputation beyond repute (1117)Mc ! has a reputation beyond repute (1117)Mc ! has a reputation beyond repute (1117)Mc ! has a reputation beyond repute (1117)

Hero Contest #3 - 2nd PlaceModeling session 2 - Chimeras

Send a message via MSN to Mc !

Quote:
Originally Posted by pronto-gaf
hey i have a question about importing another skin in your tutorial i followed your steps with demon knight and when i extracted it i got 3 files i imported all of them although when i try to import camel_humps night elf Priestess it only comes up with 1 file to import so i'm not sure whether this is the model or what just without a game interface pic
try this one: http://www.wc3c.net/showthread.php?t=78922

Awesomeness = #Rep / #Posts

Last edited by Mc ! : 08-19-2009 at 07:33 PM.
Mc ! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 09:18 PM   #38
Fluff
or your money back!

Submissions (1)

Fluff will become famous soon enough (64)Fluff will become famous soon enough (64)Fluff will become famous soon enough (64)

In case someone is ever looking through this thread because they had this problem....

Last night I was putting a new model/skin combo in my map and my model wouldn't show up correctly in game or in the WE. It's team color and meshes were all messed up, similar to the picture in the first post here. The model and skin worked in WC3Viewer and I was trying to recompile the model, reconvert the texture, etc for over an hour. My problem was the WC3Viewer was corrupting the skin when it converted it from TGA to BLP, so eventually I downloaded BLP Laboratory and it worked first try. Something is just funny with WC3Viewer.

Anyway, here is the download for BLP Laboratory: http://www.wc3c.net/showthread.php?t=107500 Maybe it can help someone.
Fluff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 08:06 PM   #39
krl70
User

krl70 has little to show at this moment (0)

Hey archian! over here! the little so far one post guy got a notice!
For most people it's obvious, still me and my friend struggeled alot at importing models/skins/icons whatever, it's just that one doesn't get that you have to get the mdx/blp out of the folder its's in. and before i found out at a vacation in spain i was entirely stuck, how about adding something like:

Part __: (any name that i cant make up) , blablabla (info)

or like

WARNING: exstract the mdx and blp before importing

obvious when you know it... but when you don't know... well you don't know...
krl70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 01:24 PM   #40
al-caid
User

al-caid has little to show at this moment (0)

Nice tutorial. I made a simple model, animated it and exported it wiht NeoDex. Magos' Model Editor shows it just like I made it, but the WC3 editor and the game doesn't, stretching the model in a weird way (see screenshot). Am I missing anything?

Thanks ;)

I'm including the MDL file as well.
Attached Files
File Type: tga WC3ScrnShot_081210_142027_01.tga (4.07 MB, 7 views)
File Type: mdl s_strelec.mdl (142.9 KB, 2 views)

Last edited by al-caid : 08-12-2010 at 01:29 PM.
al-caid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 11:43 PM   #41
hayatesasaki
User

hayatesasaki has little to show at this moment (0)

UGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I simply CANNOT manage to import these buildings >.< they keep turning invisible no matter WHAT I do!!!! has anyone successfully imported Sinister's High Elven Village model pack?
hayatesasaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 11:56 PM   #42
Joey.
User

Joey. has little to show at this moment (4)

Send a message via AIM to Joey. Send a message via MSN to Joey.

hmm