wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Resources > Code Resources > Spells
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Old 01-31-2007, 07:08 PM   #1
Daelin
Kelani Mage

Submissions (48)

Daelin is a glorious beacon of light (474)Daelin is a glorious beacon of light (474)Daelin is a glorious beacon of light (474)Daelin is a glorious beacon of light (474)

Hero Contest - First place

Default Scarlet Crusader

Scarlet Crusader

Official Website

Purpose
The Scarlet Crusader was my entry for the official Hero Contest that took place here. It was built in such a manner that it could be implemented into an actual melee game as a neutral hero. It can also be used as an arena hero if a few balance tweaks are applied.

Story
Surviving members of the Order of the Silver Hand, the Scarlet Crusaders have taken a more aggressive path unlike their brothers, the Paladins. Though still not a real organization, the Scarlet Crusaders have gathered under a common cause to erradicate the Undead from Lordareon, for good. Still short in number, they fight even as mercenaries so that they can fulfill their purpose. It is rumored that they would sometimes fight (ironically) even under an Undead commander to ensure their survival.

Hero Statistics

Base Stats:
Attack Cooldown: 2.19
Attack Range: Melee
Primary Attribute: Strength
Strength Bonus: 2.3
Agility Bonus: 1.6
Intelligence Bonus: 2.3
Movement Speed: Fast (315)

Level Stats:
Level Attack (Ground) Armor Strength Agility Intelligence Hit Points Mana
1 22-32 [27 avg] 6 20 15 18 600 270
2 22-34 [29 avg] 6 22 16 20 650 300
3 26-36 [31 avg] 6 24 18 22 700 330
4 28-38 [33 avg] 7 26 19 24 750 360
5 31-41 [36 avg] 7 29 21 27 825 405
6 33-43 [38 avg] 8 31 23 29 875 435
7 35-45 [40 avg] 8 33 24 31 925 465
8 38-48 [43 avg] 9 36 26 34 1000 510
9 40-50 [45 avg] 9 38 27 36 1050 540
10 42-52 [47 avg] 10 40 29 39 1100 570
Proper Names: Taelan Fordring, Aarlarg Trucesword, Bedivere Fairbanks, Galford Valdelmar, Sallion Whitemane, Isillien Tharwove, Saiden Dathrohan, Renault Mograine, Barean Westwind, Gwerdinar Trusthole

Hero Skills:
Click image for larger version

Name:	InsidiousBeacon.jpg
Views:	914
Size:	3.0 KB
ID:	20506Insidious Beacon
Mana Cost: 120/125/130

Conjures a beam of negative damage at a nearby enemy that jumps to other enemy units too, and deals damage depending on the current amount of hit points lost. Each jump deals less damage.

Level 1 - 75% of target's lost HP damage, maximum 95, minimum 45, 4 jumps.
Level 2 - 100% of target's lost HP damage, maximum 150, minimum 90, 6 jumps.
Level 3 - 125% of target's lost HP damage, maximum 220, minimum 135, 8 jumps.

Name:	BloodMana.jpg
Views:	897
Size:	2.8 KB
ID:	20505Blood Mana
Mana Cost: 85

Curses all the units in an area so that everytime they cast a spell, they receive an amount of damage. Can also affect friendly spellcaster, but the effect is polarized (healing). The damage/healing depends on the spell's mana cost.

Level 1 - Causes damage equal with 70% of the spell's cost. Lasts 17(12 for heroes) seconds.
Level 2 - Causes damage equal with 110% of the spell's cost. Lasts 23(15 for heroes) seconds.
Level 3 - Causes damage equal with 150% of the spell's cost. Lasts 26(18 for heroes) seconds.

Name:	Martirism.jpg
Views:	889
Size:	2.6 KB
ID:	20507Martirism
Mana Cost: None

Gives the Crusader a chance to transfer half of the damage received to a nearby friendly unit. During Radiance, damage is absorbed/avoided and not transfered.

Level 1 - 14% chance to transfer/absorb half of the damage received.
Level 2 - 28% chance to transfer/absorb half of the damage received.
Level 3 - 42% chance to transfer/absorb half of the damage received.

Name:	Radiance.jpg
Views:	907
Size:	2.7 KB
ID:	20508Radiance
Mana Cost: 200

Doubles the maximum hit points of the crusader, but the bonus slowly wears off with the spell. Also boosts all abilities (boost effect is colored in pink in the description of each ability).
Lasts 45 seconds.

Update Log
2 February 2007
- fixed some leaks and compatibility of Radiance with items manipulating life.

3 February 2007
- Martirism no longer transfers damage less than 5. This is because poison cloud would eronately give on Martiric units a "we are under attack" alert.
- New missile effect for Insidious Beacon added.
- Implemented the custom icons into the map.
- Removed debug message after Radiance ended.
- New buff effect for Blood Mana added.
- New Martyrism target effect.
[/i]

5 February 2007
- New effects for Radiance.
- New area effect for Blood Mana.
- Updated screenshot with the new SFXs.

7 February 2007
- Improved and cleaned Insidious Beacon missile movement code. It no longer uses trigonometric functions and wait period is much more accurate.

Have fun with the hero and leave comments and critics (regarding both the presentation (a.k.a this post) and the hero itself). Oh, and it is pretty obvious that I inspired the style of the presentation from Rising_Dusk. I hope ya don't mind, Dusk

~Daelin
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ScarletCrusader.jpg (189.9 KB, 1176 views)
Attached Files
File Type: w3x Scarlet Crusader.w3x (232.0 KB, 823 views)

Last edited by Daelin : 02-07-2007 at 01:59 PM.
Daelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 01-31-2007, 07:28 PM   #2
Rising_Dusk
Obscurity, the Art

Projects Director
Project Leader: OD

Submissions (27)

Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)

Hero Contest #3 - 1st PlaceApproved Map: Desert of ExileApproved Map: Advent of the ZenithHero Contest #2 - 1st PlaceHero Contest - Third place>

Send a message via AIM to Rising_Dusk Send a message via MSN to Rising_Dusk

Quote:
Oh, and it is pretty obvious that I inspired the style of the presentation from Rising_Dusk. I hope ya don't mind, Dusk
I was inspired by Pyro who was inspired by Moyack who was (apparently) inspired by Unsung Legends.
We should probably just call it the "standard" format henceforth. xD

I really liked this hero, it added a neat melee hero to a map.
Notably, I also liked the fluid blend of caster and tank into the same hero, it's a nice concept.
However, a lot of the abilities still feel a bit complex for the WC3 melee setting.
For example, I think Insidious Beacon is a little too "Hunh?" for a melee map.
However, I feel overall the hero was very well made and had a solid concept.
I haven't had a chance to look at the code, but I'll take a gander when I get a chance.

Nicely done, Daelin.
Old 01-31-2007, 08:56 PM   #4
HyperActive
User

Submissions (1)

HyperActive is on a distinguished road (18)

Will you use this in RotHE?
Oh, and +rep!
Old 01-31-2007, 10:54 PM   #5
Taur
#8 in posting (nolifeftw)

Taur is a jewel in the rough (215)Taur is a jewel in the rough (215)Taur is a jewel in the rough (215)Taur is a jewel in the rough (215)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising_Dusk
I was inspired by Pyro who was inspired by Moyack who was (apparently) inspired by Unsung Legends.
We should probably just call it the "standard" format henceforth. xD
No apparently's about it buddy :P

Though I admit I was inspired by Tim's avatar collection because I didnt know how tables worked on wc3c before that.

ANYWAYS

Looks cool but I think the blood elf leuitenant model would actually go better with this. I bet you're aldready using that one for RoTHE but for normal ppl who DL this map I think it would go better with that one.
Taur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 11:14 PM   #6
Fulla
Evil Overlord

Submissions (3)

Fulla has a spectacular aura about (79)Fulla has a spectacular aura about (79)Fulla has a spectacular aura about (79)

I really like this hero. Another one Ill add into DoD, thx^
Old 02-01-2007, 02:59 PM   #7
blu_da_noob
Nonchalant

Respected User

Submissions (2)

blu_da_noob is just really nice (398)blu_da_noob is just really nice (398)blu_da_noob is just really nice (398)blu_da_noob is just really nice (398)blu_da_noob is just really nice (398)blu_da_noob is just really nice (398)

[Quicksilver #2] - 2nd Place[Quicksilver#1] 1st place

Send a message via MSN to blu_da_noob

Things to look at:
Excessive use of ==false in some condition functions. Use not?
Do not use non-temporary BJ globals to store stuff. People may use those in GUI. Use ones that only have instant use (ie bj_GroupAddGroupDest and bj_GroupCurrentRandomPick (only rough names, but should get you there))
It appears that in function BloodMana_SSDo, timer tt is not always destroyed. (Looks like the same for timer t in function BloodMana_Main)
In function Martyrism_Main, you should start your damage refresh timer with a duration of 0.
Radiance is going to cause bugs if the hero acquires any health modifying items while it is running.
blu_da_noob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 03:17 PM   #8
moyack
Evil Emoticon

Respected User
Project Leader: PoC

Submissions (17)

moyack is a splendid one to behold (666)moyack is a splendid one to behold (666)moyack is a splendid one to behold (666)moyack is a splendid one to behold (666)

AI Tournament #2 - 2nd PlaceHero Contest - Second place

Send a message via MSN to moyack

I love the new icons, of course you have to remove the border in the passive one. Just one question: Blood mana in the hero contest worked in allied units? or it's just an improvement in this version?

As soon as I fix my computer, I'll test again your hero.
moyack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 03:18 PM   #9
Archian
Dark & Ominous

Project Leader: LoC

Submissions (27)

Archian is a glorious beacon of light (477)Archian is a glorious beacon of light (477)Archian is a glorious beacon of light (477)Archian is a glorious beacon of light (477)

I'm glad to see that more and more members around here are setting up their post(s) in a decent way (afterall, the users are submitting resources to/in a forum board :P not an actual *resource upload section*)

Anyway, you did a good job making this hero, Daelin.
I like it even more now with the new icons included :P (fits perfectly) How about taking it further, eh? A custom texture for the model xD

-- Nonetheless, keep it up

Last edited by Archian : 02-01-2007 at 03:18 PM.
Archian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 03:32 PM   #10
Daelin
Kelani Mage

Submissions (48)

Daelin is a glorious beacon of light (474)Daelin is a glorious beacon of light (474)Daelin is a glorious beacon of light (474)Daelin is a glorious beacon of light (474)

Well, yes, I seek to make this super original. So new SFXs for the spells and perhaps a new model/skin for the hero would be great. I'd need a modeler&texturer for the last part though (I can't make units on my own). But yes, I'll take care of the the SFXs. Right now fixing what Blu suggested.

Moyack, yes, it existed, I made only a few minor tweaks before resubmitting (such as fixing the annoying Radiance bug). Right now still working on Radiance as apparently like Blu also pointed out, if you are given a health bonus item and you die, the spell gets messed up. It's easy to fix, but it needs a bit of math.

And Blu, the ==false stuff ARE REQUIRED ya know. I need to compare (and contrast :P) "IsUnitType" with something if I want it to work. I hope you remember about the bug. Fixed the BJ stuff, Martyrism problem and working on fixing Radiance. However, I don't get the timers not getting destroyed problem. Could you please be more specific? Thanks!

~Daelin

Old 02-01-2007, 03:50 PM   #11
blu_da_noob
Nonchalant

Respected User

Submissions (2)

blu_da_noob is just really nice (398)blu_da_noob is just really nice (398)blu_da_noob is just really nice (398)blu_da_noob is just really nice (398)blu_da_noob is just really nice (398)blu_da_noob is just really nice (398)

[Quicksilver #2] - 2nd Place[Quicksilver#1] 1st place

Send a message via MSN to blu_da_noob

Quote:
And Blu, the ==false stuff ARE REQUIRED ya know. I need to compare (and contrast :P) "IsUnitType" with something if I want it to work. I hope you remember about the bug.

Yes I do know about the bug. I thought I remembered it not having to be done on every one of them, but apparently not.

Well, if you look at the timer variables I mentioned, the timer they represent are not destroyed anywhere in the script (as far as I could see).
blu_da_noob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 04:50 PM   #12
Rising_Dusk
Obscurity, the Art

Projects Director
Project Leader: OD

Submissions (27)

Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)

Hero Contest #3 - 1st PlaceApproved Map: Desert of ExileApproved Map: Advent of the ZenithHero Contest #2 - 1st PlaceHero Contest - Third place>

Send a message via AIM to Rising_Dusk Send a message via MSN to Rising_Dusk

That bug only applies in boolean expressions and if the IsUnitType() is the LAST comparison called.
Otherwise, the == false is not required.
Old 02-02-2007, 12:04 PM   #13
Daelin
Kelani Mage

Submissions (48)

Fixed all leaks (especially the timer stuff, indeed, I forgot to remove it in the expiration function).
Now Radiance works perfectly with custom items that manipulate maximum life (or any other modifications of max HP that take place during the spell). Of course the bonuses received/lost are not doubled/halved.

Have fun & hope to see it approved.

~Daelin

Last edited by Daelin : 02-02-2007 at 12:04 PM.
Old 02-03-2007, 02:00 AM   #14
Pyrogasm
Lackadaisically Absent.

Respected User

Submissions (9)

Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)

Hero Contest - Fourth place

Send a message via ICQ to Pyrogasm Send a message via AIM to Pyrogasm Send a message via MSN to Pyrogasm Send a message via Yahoo to Pyrogasm

Quote:
Oh, and it is pretty obvious that I inspired the style of the presentation from Rising_Dusk.
Quote:
The chain grows...

Nicely done, Daelin; I enjoyed competing against you in the hero contest. I'm glad to see the other winners taking the initiative to upload their heroes like me
/points at own hero thread
Your spells are mostly ignored because they are not very cool so we aren't very excited to review/approve them, but you are incredibly persistent and won't give us an excuse to graveyard it. That is generally what results in a resource being ignored for a long time.

The Spell Request Thread Done for, unless someone else wants to revive it...
It lasted a damn long time.

Please; Ask for Help Appropriately

Quote:
Originally posted by Kyrbi0
Huh. Almost makes me wish I had a girlfriend, to take advantage of today (wait, no, that's not what I meant... I mean, take advantage of the fact that it is international women's day... gah, never mind).
Quote:
Originally posted by Pyrogasm
Rome may not have been built in a day, but the Romans sure as hell didn't say "look at this great city we built guys!" when they had nothing more than a bit of stone and some cottages.
Pyrogasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007, 02:46 PM   #15
Daelin
Kelani Mage

Submissions (48)

I am so proud about the results of the current effects that I will actually make a new post and mention them. You will see that the map has a changelog (meaning that yes, I'm intensely updating it). By now, new effects for Martyrism, Blood Mana (buff) and Insidious Beacon have been added. They are all made by me, really small models (around 2-4 kb), and do not require any custom textures.

Check the map periodically as I have other surprises waiting for you (after I finish the effects... though I'm stopping for today as I ran out of ideas). Have fun and don't forget to leave comments. It's good to know that the hero is actually tried and not only previewed (entering the thread).

~Daelin