wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Ghost Forums > Map Database
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Old 01-22-2007, 09:40 PM   #16
SeasonsOfLove
A Nitpicky Map Reviewer

Official Map Reviewer

SeasonsOfLove will become famous soon enough (44)SeasonsOfLove will become famous soon enough (44)

[Quicksilver #2] - 2nd Place

Send a message via AIM to SeasonsOfLove

I'll nudge someone to update the rules.

I look forward to reviewing this map once the obvious problem of WoW models is taken care of. Probably before that, actually, if it's not before this coming weekend.
Old 01-22-2007, 09:56 PM   #17
Captain Griffen
Dread Lord of the Cookies

Content Director

Submissions (2)

Captain Griffen is a glorious beacon of light (497)Captain Griffen is a glorious beacon of light (497)Captain Griffen is a glorious beacon of light (497)Captain Griffen is a glorious beacon of light (497)Captain Griffen is a glorious beacon of light (497)

Approved Map: Warlords[Quicksilver #2] - 1st Place

Look in the global rules.

Quote:
World of Warcraft Content
This has recently been a problem propagating throughout the Warcraft III communities; and as such it is important to make it absolutely clear within our rules. Discussion of the processes of exporting anything from World of Warcraft is prohibited. The uploading of WoW exports will result in a warning. Should one continue in attempting to acquire or produce WoW models at Wc3Campaigns, they will be banned. Offsite linking to WoW exports is likewise not permitted. No map content containing WoW exports will be acceptable in our Map Database (Except in cases as mentioned below). This is a serious issue, do not take it lightly. Heavily modified WoW models, wherein the purpose of the original model is altered drastically, can be acceptable in specific cases at the moderators discretion. This rule also applies to exports of any kind from any game.

WoW models are illegal. Don't start any bull about it 'not doing any damage' or such like - it is illegal and immoral. It is theft.

I very much suggest you remove the WoW models you uploaded, Rising.
Quote:
[13:32] <Akolyt0r> hmm.. stil i want to have some unused women
Captain Griffen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 10:07 PM   #18
Tim.
Missing You All at Wc3c

Site Owner

Submissions (18)

Tim. is a name known to all (502)Tim. is a name known to all (502)Tim. is a name known to all (502)Tim. is a name known to all (502)Tim. is a name known to all (502)

Approved Map: PiratesSpell making session 3 winner

Griffen, it is okay in this case. Rising, I am glad you are willing to change out the models and look forward to their addition to your map. In the meanwhile I allow the review of the map regardless of its current status, however we will hold off the final approval of the map until the models are completed. Also, the WoW models uploaded may be left up for a short while as the Modelers download them to being their work. My word is final, so end this discussion ad get back to the map review.

Avast! Seen Pirates? Get it here!
Tim. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 10:09 PM   #19
Rising_Dusk
Obscurity, the Art

Projects Director
Project Leader: OD

Submissions (27)

Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)

Hero Contest #3 - 1st PlaceApproved Map: Desert of ExileApproved Map: Advent of the ZenithHero Contest #2 - 1st PlaceHero Contest - Third place>

Send a message via AIM to Rising_Dusk Send a message via MSN to Rising_Dusk

Quote:
Rising, I am glad you are willing to change out the models and look forward to their addition to your map.
As they come, the map will be updated.
Thank you very much for the vouch of confidence and the allowing of the map's review.

I'll remove the aforementioned WoW uploads as soon as MC gets them.
I'm pretty sure Chriz got them already.
Old 01-22-2007, 10:10 PM   #20
Tim.
Missing You All at Wc3c

Site Owner

Submissions (18)

Tim. is a name known to all (502)Tim. is a name known to all (502)Tim. is a name known to all (502)Tim. is a name known to all (502)Tim. is a name known to all (502)

Approved Map: PiratesSpell making session 3 winner

Yes he did.

Avast! Seen Pirates? Get it here!
Tim. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 10:42 PM   #21
Mc !
Master Creator !

Acting art director
Project Member: WotTH

Submissions (101)

Mc ! has a reputation beyond repute (1117)Mc ! has a reputation beyond repute (1117)Mc ! has a reputation beyond repute (1117)Mc ! has a reputation beyond repute (1117)Mc ! has a reputation beyond repute (1117)Mc ! has a reputation beyond repute (1117)Mc ! has a reputation beyond repute (1117)

Hero Contest #3 - 2nd PlaceModeling session 2 - Chimeras

Send a message via MSN to Mc !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising_Dusk
As they come, the map will be updated.
Thank you very much for the vouch of confidence and the allowing of the map's review.

I'll remove the aforementioned WoW uploads as soon as MC gets them.
I'm pretty sure Chriz got them already.

got them already.

Awesomeness = #Rep / #Posts
Mc ! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 10:44 PM   #22
Fulla
Evil Overlord

Submissions (3)

Fulla has a spectacular aura about (79)Fulla has a spectacular aura about (79)Fulla has a spectacular aura about (79)

Wow nice to see such helpful people ^.
But as Chris said, ill praise them if/when its done.

Best of luck Rising, ill also try the map out, its been a while since I last played this.
Old 01-23-2007, 12:09 AM   #23
Rising_Dusk
Obscurity, the Art

Projects Director

Submissions (27)

Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)

Hero Contest #3 - 1st PlaceApproved Map: Desert of ExileApproved Map: Advent of the ZenithHero Contest #2 - 1st PlaceHero Contest - Third place>

'Kay, removed the WoW uploads from the other post.
Old 01-26-2007, 02:55 PM   #24
Chuckle_Brother
Oh for the sake of fudge

Respected User

Submissions (2)

Chuckle_Brother will become famous soon enough (53)Chuckle_Brother will become famous soon enough (53)

Send a message via ICQ to Chuckle_Brother Send a message via AIM to Chuckle_Brother Send a message via MSN to Chuckle_Brother Send a message via Yahoo to Chuckle_Brother

As my last action as a map reviewer(since I am just about to quit since I don't do it anyway), I may as well review this map.

What I did like is that the map is fun, easy to play and had some fun spells. I didn't much care for the skins and some of the flavour text just seemed...superfluous, but hey, some people like that sort of thing.

I was also a bit annoyed at the stupid taunts my allies fired off at each other, just seemed unnecessary to me. Again though, its not a big issue. Overall my biggest issue was that some of the effects were really over the top, and not very Wc3ish(take the KotL for example, I could hardly even see my guy through all the pretty sparkles).

While it doesn't re-invent the genre by any stretch of the imagination, it passes the time and is nicely refined/clean.

Approved

Last edited by Chuckle_Brother : 01-26-2007 at 02:56 PM.
Chuckle_Brother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2007, 10:58 PM   #25
Rising_Dusk
Obscurity, the Art

Projects Director

Submissions (27)

Sweet!
Thanks for the approval! <3

I updated the map to version P because I had a critical bug and other things to fix.
I'll add the new models once I get ahold of them. I don't want to rush Chriz.

Have fun with it, guys!
Old 01-27-2007, 11:37 PM   #26
Vexorian
Free Software Terrorist

Technical Director

Submissions (37)

Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1060)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1060)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1060)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1060)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1060)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1060)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1060)

Hero Contest #3 - 2nd Place

BTW I once played this and thought it was good, so once the wow model stuff is fixed consider this an approval.
Turns your simple code into something that is complicated enough to work.
Faster != more useful
Vexorian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 12:53 AM   #27
Chuckle_Brother
Oh for the sake of fudge

Respected User

Submissions (2)

Chuckle_Brother will become famous soon enough (53)Chuckle_Brother will become famous soon enough (53)

Send a message via ICQ to Chuckle_Brother Send a message via AIM to Chuckle_Brother Send a message via MSN to Chuckle_Brother Send a message via Yahoo to Chuckle_Brother

Just one more approval, and knowing the way the lazy map reviewers here are, that could take years.

GL
Old 01-28-2007, 01:31 AM   #28
Chriz.
Vast Graphics Animator

Project Leader: WotTH

Submissions (17)

Chriz. has a brilliant future (830)Chriz. has a brilliant future (830)Chriz. has a brilliant future (830)Chriz. has a brilliant future (830)Chriz. has a brilliant future (830)Chriz. has a brilliant future (830)Chriz. has a brilliant future (830)

Hero Contest #2 - 2nd PlaceSkinning Competetion #3 - Elementals

Not so fast buddy, I'm still a reviewer, and I love this game.

So eh, I don't know the technical issues with it, I know how well it plays, how fun it is, and I like how polished, and artsy it is.

There are some points with lag spikes, and there are little issues every now and then that I see you fix the second they're discovered.

So Dusk, my approval as well.
Old 01-29-2007, 02:17 AM   #29
Rising_Dusk
Obscurity, the Art

Projects Director

Submissions (27)

Sweet, that means all of the approvals needed are recieved.
Now we're just waiting on the models.

Quote:
There are some points with lag spikes, and there are little issues every now and then that I see you fix the second they're discovered.
Whenever I can.

Anyways, I'm going to post this and then upload the new version right after.
Version Q will fix all of the desync issues, I found the cause.
Hooray!
Old 01-30-2007, 01:11 PM   #30
Chuckle_Brother
Oh for the sake of fudge

Respected User

Submissions (2)

My god, we've entered a time where maps are actually approved....I fear for us, all of us.

Anyways, good stuff.