wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Warcraft III Modding > Developer's Corner > Triggers & Scripts
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Old 01-18-2007, 01:42 AM   #1
Vexorian
Free Software Terrorist

Technical Director

Submissions (37)

Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)

Hero Contest #3 - 2nd Place

Default Hero Contest Winners!

Finally! I have to apologize for the delays, these are busy days and I had issues with the judging stage the final rules are to consider the votes as points so design/balance do get their out come and I judged code. I decided to be evil there, I gave 18 points to the code part.

The final Winners are:

2Moyack24 points
3Rising Dusk21 points
4Pyrogasm9 points

If you still didn't take a look to the hero contest submissions you can download them : HeroContest.zip

The details on the gradings are attached:
Attached Files
File Type: txt herocontest0607.txt (2.5 KB, 194 views)
Turns your simple code into something that is complicated enough to work.
Faster != more useful
Vexorian is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 01-18-2007, 02:50 AM   #2
Av3n
Roar!

Project Leader: TBR
Project Member: PoC

Submissions (7)

Av3n is a jewel in the rough (240)Av3n is a jewel in the rough (240)Av3n is a jewel in the rough (240)Av3n is a jewel in the rough (240)Av3n is a jewel in the rough (240)

Hero #4 extra-official winner2008 Spell olympics - Fire - BronzeHero Contest #3 - 3rd Place

... Its about time...

-Av3n

Thanks to FatherTime for the sig
.:
Current ProjectsSubmissions
Power of CorruptionMy Terrain
The Black RoadMy Resources
Strikeforce
Twitter
Av3n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 03:11 AM   #3
moyack
Evil Emoticon

Respected User
Project Leader: PoC

Submissions (17)

moyack is a splendid one to behold (666)moyack is a splendid one to behold (666)moyack is a splendid one to behold (666)moyack is a splendid one to behold (666)

AI Tournament #2 - 2nd PlaceHero Contest - Second place

Send a message via MSN to moyack

GUAUUU; Second place!!!

Thanks for your support, and thanks Vexorian for your comments about the code, I will check them and I'll do the fixes and recommendations.

As a side note, I suggest to do a thread about how it will be the next hero contest, I was planning to do it but I think Vex is the right person who should start it. Here we should discuss how to improve the contest and the new themes.

Last edited by moyack : 01-18-2007 at 03:15 AM.
moyack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 03:24 AM   #4
Pyrogasm
Lackadaisically Absent.

Respected User

Submissions (9)

Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)

Hero Contest - Fourth place

Send a message via ICQ to Pyrogasm Send a message via AIM to Pyrogasm Send a message via MSN to Pyrogasm Send a message via Yahoo to Pyrogasm

Well... I appear to have failed.

Fuck memory leaks .
Your spells are mostly ignored because they are not very cool so we aren't very excited to review/approve them, but you are incredibly persistent and won't give us an excuse to graveyard it. That is generally what results in a resource being ignored for a long time.

The Spell Request Thread Done for, unless someone else wants to revive it...
It lasted a damn long time.

Please; Ask for Help Appropriately

Quote:
Originally posted by Kyrbi0
Huh. Almost makes me wish I had a girlfriend, to take advantage of today (wait, no, that's not what I meant... I mean, take advantage of the fact that it is international women's day... gah, never mind).
Quote:
Originally posted by Pyrogasm
Rome may not have been built in a day, but the Romans sure as hell didn't say "look at this great city we built guys!" when they had nothing more than a bit of stone and some cottages.
Pyrogasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 04:12 AM   #5
Rising_Dusk
Obscurity, the Art

Projects Director
Project Leader: OD

Submissions (27)

Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)

Hero Contest #3 - 1st PlaceApproved Map: Desert of ExileApproved Map: Advent of the ZenithHero Contest #2 - 1st PlaceHero Contest - Third place>

Send a message via AIM to Rising_Dusk Send a message via MSN to Rising_Dusk

Hey, to be honest I think the lil' icons look badass.
I only wish my water contest one had that alphaed border thing too.
It looks weird with the other two next to it. xD

Now I have to go find Daelin's most recent post to see what his looks like.
(Everyother winner has posted here already)

Also, because I think Vex forgot to add rep to everyone of the winners -- I will.
Congrats, you all deserve it.

Last edited by Rising_Dusk : 01-18-2007 at 04:13 AM.
Rising_Dusk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 04:42 AM   #6
Daelin
Kelani Mage

Submissions (48)

Daelin is a glorious beacon of light (474)Daelin is a glorious beacon of light (474)Daelin is a glorious beacon of light (474)Daelin is a glorious beacon of light (474)

Hero Contest - First place

Yay, I finally have a medal. I'm glad to have won the first place. It was the best present Wc3campaigns could've given me. :D Congratulations everybody for the wonderful submissions. It was a real challenge (Moyack almost got me. :P).

~Daelin

Daelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 04:51 AM   #7
Pyrogasm
Lackadaisically Absent.

Respected User

Submissions (9)

Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)

Send a message via ICQ to Pyrogasm Send a message via AIM to Pyrogasm Send a message via MSN to Pyrogasm Send a message via Yahoo to Pyrogasm

I'll second that, Rising_Dusk. Rep for all of you... not like there would've been any competition anyway .

May I complain that my icon is kinda fugly?
Your spells are mostly ignored because they are not very cool so we aren't very excited to review/approve them, but you are incredibly persistent and won't give us an excuse to graveyard it. That is generally what results in a resource being ignored for a long time.

Quote:
Huh. Almost makes me wish I had a girlfriend, to take advantage of today (wait, no, that's not what I meant... I mean, take advantage of the fact that it is international women's day... gah, never mind).
Quote:
Rome may not have been built in a day, but the Romans sure as hell didn't say "look at this great city we built guys!" when they had nothing more than a bit of stone and some cottages.

Last edited by Pyrogasm : 01-18-2007 at 04:51 AM.
Old 01-18-2007, 05:01 AM   #8
Tiki
Transform and roll out!

Respected User

Submissions (11)

Tiki is a jewel in the rough (244)Tiki is a jewel in the rough (244)Tiki is a jewel in the rough (244)Tiki is a jewel in the rough (244)Tiki is a jewel in the rough (244)

AI tournament - 3rd place

I think the arcane girl should of won.

Also how do u play daelins?

www.sc2armory.com - Join our forums and community.
Latest and most up to date information about starcraft II.

Last edited by Tiki : 01-18-2007 at 05:03 AM.
Tiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 06:12 AM   #9
Pyrogasm
Lackadaisically Absent.

Respected User

Submissions (9)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiki
Wrong contest? Am I missing something?

Vex, will our heroes be valid "resource" material after we fix up our coding (which I, of all people, should do) and add some more polish? I think people would enjoy having some extra neutral heroes for the ol' tavern.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 01-18-2007, 09:28 AM   #10
Toadcop
BuranX

Submissions (4)

Toadcop is just really nice (299)Toadcop is just really nice (299)

Approved Map: TcXSpell Making Session 10 Winner

Send a message via ICQ to Toadcop

Quote:
he talk about my hero =).

Than will be a new hero contest ?
Toadcop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 12:00 PM   #11
emjlr3
Rehabbing

Submissions (14)

emjlr3 is a jewel in the rough (151)emjlr3 is a jewel in the rough (151)

Mapping Contest First Place

Send a message via AIM to emjlr3 Send a message via MSN to emjlr3

lol 1 vote, i honestly thought moyacks was one of the worst (no harm intended)...but that is just me

congrats to the winners!!

Last edited by emjlr3 : 01-18-2007 at 12:04 PM.
emjlr3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 12:12 PM   #12
Rising_Dusk
Obscurity, the Art

Projects Director

Submissions (27)

Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)

Hero Contest #3 - 1st PlaceApproved Map: Desert of ExileApproved Map: Advent of the ZenithHero Contest #2 - 1st PlaceHero Contest - Third place>

Quote:
Vex, will our heroes be valid "resource" material after we fix up our coding (which I, of all people, should do) and add some more polish? I think people would enjoy having some extra neutral heroes for the ol' tavern.
Of course they are.
That's why I tried to follow JESP initially, that way I have...
What, 3 things to fix up for it to be approved?

And yeah, GUI can be approved too under normal spells and such.
So don't fret. :P

Quote:
EDIT:
Yeah, I think my icon looks the most badass.
Purply ethereal goodie goodness. xD

Last edited by Rising_Dusk : 01-18-2007 at 12:14 PM.
Old 01-18-2007, 12:21 PM   #13
Vexorian
Free Software Terrorist

Technical Director

Submissions (37)

Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)

The medals include the rep. At least they should include the rep. If your rep count hasn't grow by 25, dusk tell me.

Pyro: Don't feel bad, over 9 entries you got 4th place which is still good, you got more votes than the rest and it helped.

If you fix the leaks, at least the most extreme ones it would be resource material. The one leak on the periodic trigger was too much, seriously.

Next contest should allow systems, but I don't think it should be a hero one (the next contest) I plan making the Spell Olympics II
Faster != more useful
Old 01-18-2007, 12:26 PM   #14
Rising_Dusk
Obscurity, the Art

Projects Director

Submissions (27)

Quote:
If your rep count hasn't grow by 25, dusk tell me.
I don't think it has... But if you're even 50% sure you did then you probably did and I just didn't notice.
It's tough to manage it when the rep doesn't go on record and just "magickally" appears.
Don't worry about it though, rep is silly anyways. :P

EDIT: Can't you check the admin cp? Doesn't it track those kinds of updates?

Quote:
I plan making the Spell Olympics II
Well, I could bombard you with thousands of questions right now about it --
But I won't for your sanity; I expect you'll disclose info as it becomes available.

Last edited by Rising_Dusk : 01-18-2007 at 12:27 PM.
Old 01-18-2007, 01:30 PM   #15
Vexorian
Free Software Terrorist

Technical Director

Submissions (37)

http://www.wc3campaigns.net/member.php?u=742764

hover mouse on the award icons
Faster != more useful