wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Warcraft III Modding > Artist's Corner > Modeling / Animation
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Old 12-29-2006, 12:29 PM   #1
jigrael
Worker Ant

Project Member: PoC

Submissions (36)

jigrael is a splendid one to behold (695)jigrael is a splendid one to behold (695)jigrael is a splendid one to behold (695)jigrael is a splendid one to behold (695)

Hero Contest #3 - 1st PlaceBattle Droids Model Competition Winner

Default Jigrael models Max format.

Ive decided to share the max files I got, maybe could be useful...if you have max that is
Anyway Ill share just the models Ive released, I cant share models I made for projects..even if Im not part of them anymore or if they r dead
Oh, I wont release my naga models since Ill something with them in the near future(maybe)
Ill include all textures(if I can find them, maybe some ingame texture could be missing) in tga format.
Ill begin releasing the models made using IK :D Ill let the FK ones for the end.

Oh maybe youll need to fix the paths for the textures, no, most likelly youll need to fix the paths

Ill begin with the Myrmidon: Biped animations included after and before baking+portrait too, notice that I baked bad the IK animations, so the after animations doesnt look as good as the before(MyrmidonBIPED) animations, later I was too lazy to bake them again
Attached Files
File Type: zip Myrmidon.zip (654.4 KB, 344 views)

Last edited by jigrael : 12-29-2006 at 12:48 PM.
jigrael is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 12-29-2006, 12:46 PM   #2
jigrael
Worker Ant

Submissions (36)

jigrael is a splendid one to behold (695)jigrael is a splendid one to behold (695)jigrael is a splendid one to behold (695)jigrael is a splendid one to behold (695)

lol seems I thought I had more Ik models to share, all the other IK belong to projects so I cant share them :(
So Ill share the Demon Knight, this one was very nice to work with, although I didnt like the first vertion of the model(search at wc3search if you dare) but Moyack made me want to make a better model so I remodeled it, in this one I had a lot more experience with Ik tools than with the Myrmidon so it was rather easy to bake and to make the final anims look cool, expect the walk animation, I didnt liked the biped anim I did so I retouched it using FK and the result was worse :( but at that time I thought it was better :/ Anyway in this one I mixed maxbones with biped, by doing this I allmost forgot completelly about the legs, so this is something I do allways now for the legs. Also after making this model I learned that its better to work linking the mesh to the bones instead of working with only bones as I used to do :S so dont do it lol

anyway...heres it(ignore the fact the max file is called DeathKnight.max )
Attached Files
File Type: zip DemonKnight.zip (843.2 KB, 150 views)
Old 12-29-2006, 12:58 PM   #3
jigrael
Worker Ant

Submissions (36)

Now Ill release the FK models.

Heres the Retributer, this is the last model I did using FK, I could have done it better had I knew that I could use maxbones, those make animating much much easier even without IK. The anim I liked most here is death anims, I think it looks very cool the moment before he falls completelly to the ground.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Retributer.zip (497.0 KB, 117 views)
Old 12-29-2006, 01:14 PM   #4
jigrael
Worker Ant

Submissions (36)

I think this is the last model thats worth releasing, its the undead warlock(wich if I remember correctly Olof told me doesnt look undead enough ) anyway, I liked her animations very much and it turned to be a very light mdx :D

Theres a bug in this model, at least in my computer, it allways turnd direct3d rendering for arttools viewer, Im telling this because it may cause trouble(my 3dsmax doesnt work with direct3d in my pc) like disabling 3dsmax views(can be fixedbe restarting max). So dont forget to turn openGl rendering on before previewing
EDit: I could release my other models if someone wants those models, but I got the feeling noone will lol
Attached Files
File Type: zip UndeadWarlock.zip (328.2 KB, 110 views)

Last edited by jigrael : 12-29-2006 at 01:15 PM.
jigrael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006, 02:06 PM   #5
erwtenpeller
*****istrator

Art Director

Submissions (35)

erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (922)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (922)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (922)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (922)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (922)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (922)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (922)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (922)

Skinning Contest 7 ~ Were-AnimalsConcept art session 3 - Dungeon

I'm going to move this to modelling/animation and stick it there. Above anything else, i think this is really good reference material for beginning modellers.

I'm also sticking this.

Last edited by erwtenpeller : 12-29-2006 at 02:07 PM.
erwtenpeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006, 02:18 PM   #6
Dionesiist
User

Submissions (34)

Dionesiist is just really nice (382)Dionesiist is just really nice (382)Dionesiist is just really nice (382)Dionesiist is just really nice (382)Dionesiist is just really nice (382)

I have a grim feeling that something is going to happen with Jigrael! Oh, noes! Not retirement!
Old 12-29-2006, 03:02 PM   #7
Chriz.
Vast Graphics Animator

Project Leader: WotTH

Submissions (17)

Chriz. has a brilliant future (830)Chriz. has a brilliant future (830)Chriz. has a brilliant future (830)Chriz. has a brilliant future (830)Chriz. has a brilliant future (830)Chriz. has a brilliant future (830)Chriz. has a brilliant future (830)

Hero Contest #2 - 2nd PlaceSkinning Competetion #3 - Elementals

I want your Blue and White nerubian based on your concept art. That was lovely.
Old 12-29-2006, 03:10 PM   #8
jigrael
Worker Ant

Submissions (36)

Quote:
Originally Posted by erwtenpeller
I'm also sticking this.
oh finally I got something stickied

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dionesiist
I have a grim feeling that something is going to happen with Jigrael! Oh, noes! Not retirement!

No Im not retiring...yet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chriz.
I want your Blue and White nerubian based on your concept art. That was lovely.
Ahh the nerubian slayer, I wanted to post it but I made it for Plastic Angel project, Ill have to ask him first, he doesnt seem very active though, if he doesnt answer my pm Ill post it anyway
Old 12-29-2006, 05:44 PM   #9
Dionesiist
User

Submissions (34)

Dionesiist is just really nice (382)Dionesiist is just really nice (382)Dionesiist is just really nice (382)Dionesiist is just really nice (382)Dionesiist is just really nice (382)

But plz post it as MDX too
Old 12-29-2006, 08:07 PM   #10
falcoknight
We're Hunting Humans!

Submissions (29)

falcoknight is a jewel in the rough (155)falcoknight is a jewel in the rough (155)

Skinning contest 1

Send a message via MSN to falcoknight

Jigrael when are you going to make a model with me ;(
Old 12-30-2006, 01:52 PM   #11
jigrael
Worker Ant

Submissions (36)

Im very bussy with finishing some models, but what motivates me to model is a good concept specially if its a female concept *hint* lol but I dont like to model humans(male), I preffer beast, or lliving armors, things like that
Old 12-30-2006, 01:55 PM   #12
Dionesiist
User

Submissions (34)

Want any concepts? :)
*Just joking :P*
Old 01-10-2007, 04:55 PM   #13
BlinkBoy
User

Respected User

Submissions (4)

BlinkBoy has a spectacular aura about (97)BlinkBoy has a spectacular aura about (97)BlinkBoy has a spectacular aura about (97)BlinkBoy has a spectacular aura about (97)

Outstanding Tutorial

A suggestion for your models. NEVER BUT NEVER use 2-Sided, it doubles polygons at rendering.

instead copy the mesh that you want to have 2 Sided faces. erase every face that you don't want to be 2 Sided, in the copy ofcourse, and then take the ones that you want to be 2 sided and flip them with the flip tool. After all that merge the copy mesh with the original mesh. Now you will have a mesh with triangles from both sides, in the areas that you want.

Note: Don't weld the flipped faces with the original faces, or you may end by messing up the normals in those faces.

In that manner you are saving polies.

Learn to animate! check out my: Basic Animation Tutorial!

Currently working at a sequel to my animation tutorial.

Last edited by BlinkBoy : 01-10-2007 at 04:59 PM.
BlinkBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 05:45 PM   #14
TDR
♪♫

Modeling & Gallery Moderator

Submissions (84)

TDR has much to be proud of (701)TDR has much to be proud of (701)TDR has much to be proud of (701)TDR has much to be proud of (701)TDR has much to be proud of (701)

Hero Contest #2 - 3rd PlaceConcept art session 6 - Sea dwellersModeling session 3 - Critters

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dionesiist
But plz post it as MDX too
That would be useless. He posted these so people could learn something from them. So you get max, open these and study them.
Old 01-11-2007, 12:24 PM   #15
jigrael
Worker Ant

Submissions (36)

Thumbs up

BlinkBoy: I tested what you said, and I got no extra poligons by using 2 sided, at least from arttools viewer. Here, two pics of one plane(with just one face),one is without 2 sided(a.jpg) the other is with it(b.jpg)

The only downside of two sided I knew about is that you get bad ilumination on the "inexistent side", so if the real side is infront of the lightsource, the back side(wich is the inexistent) will get iluminated too when it should be darkened.

Ill post the Nerubian Slayer, I PMed Plastic Angel and he didnt answer me, he aparently doesnt care, I think I will post the mdx model if he really doesnt answer in some days, he knows I PMd since a mail is sent to the mailbox for each pm right?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg a.jpg (266.4 KB, 172 views)
File Type: jpg b.jpg (317.5 KB, 106 views)