wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Warcraft III Modding > Project Discussion > Map Testing
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Old 11-11-2008, 06:05 AM   #1
Ignitedstar

RP Section Moderator

Ignitedstar has a spectacular aura about (102)Ignitedstar has a spectacular aura about (102)Ignitedstar has a spectacular aura about (102)Ignitedstar has a spectacular aura about (102)

Send a message via MSN to Ignitedstar Send a message via Yahoo to Ignitedstar
Default (1) The Last Choice - Help is desired

Okay... Just so everyone knows, this was supposed to be submitted for the mini-map project that Wc3c had awhile ago. Unfortunately, I never put it out for submission, because I thought it was inferior to everything else that everyone would submit. Not only that, but the map is really buggy. Triggers that control animations look bad, so really, I ask for help on fixing things.

This map is called The Last Choice, made by me. It's about Arthas before he turned into a Death Knight, but after the Human Campaign in Reign of Chaos. However, it takes place after the Frozen Throne, when Arthas- in Azeroth- unites with the Lich King. He is pulled into an alternate world where things seem to not make sense, and ends up fighting the thing that consumed him while alive at Azeroth: himself. He slowly begins to realize something as the battle goes on...

A lot of questions can be said about this map. Why is Arthas alive when he's still alive in Azeroth? Well, that's one of the mysteries. As you play the map, which only lasts for about 5-10 minutes, the characters Arthas interacts with offer clues as to what kind of world he is in.

This scenario is not related to any of Warcraft's lore. I just made it up as the idea came.

This doesn't really feature anything... There's nothing special that I've added. I've only recycled things that WC3 normally gives.

Again, I'm looking for help on how to improve things. For example, there are a lot of buggy instances, especially in the beginning. Technically, you're not supposed to die in the beginning, but you can if Evil Arthas casts Death Coil while Arthas has low health. This is obviously not part of the story, but I don't know how to fix it. Is there a way to prevent certain death when it's not supposed to come?

Then, there are also the things that I may never catch unless someone else sees it. For example, a friend of mine told me that there is one instance where Arthas' head turned a complete 180 degrees, which is realistically impossible. I'm aiming for fixing the slightest details, or things that I can improve on or fix, etc. If something just looks off, or you think that it can be improved or fixed, please post it.

One more thing! If something odd happens, send me a replay, if you can!

Thank you in advance!

Yeah... I know that this post probably looks bland and boring for introducing a map, but I've heard of people getting in trouble for being too flashy with the colors and the text forms.

EDIT: Map is updated as of 6/9/09.

(1)TheLastChoice (Host).w3x
I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal.
If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge,
and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing."

1 Corinthians 13:1-2

Current Works:
None.

Last edited by Ignitedstar : 06-09-2009 at 06:58 PM.
Ignitedstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 11-11-2008, 06:11 AM   #2
Av3n
Roar!

Project Leader: TBR
Project Member: PoC

Submissions (7)

Av3n is a jewel in the rough (240)Av3n is a jewel in the rough (240)Av3n is a jewel in the rough (240)Av3n is a jewel in the rough (240)Av3n is a jewel in the rough (240)

Hero #4 extra-official winner2008 Spell olympics - Fire - BronzeHero Contest #3 - 3rd Place

Map? You forgot to attach it

-Av3n

Thanks to FatherTime for the sig
.:
Current ProjectsSubmissions
Power of CorruptionMy Terrain
The Black RoadMy Resources
Strikeforce
Twitter
Av3n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 10:49 PM   #3
Ignitedstar

RP Section Moderator

Ignitedstar has a spectacular aura about (102)Ignitedstar has a spectacular aura about (102)Ignitedstar has a spectacular aura about (102)Ignitedstar has a spectacular aura about (102)

Yeah... I realized that this morning while heading for school. Haha, silly me. X_X

I'll attach it to my first post, if I can.
and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing."

Current Works:
None.

Last edited by Ignitedstar : 11-11-2008 at 10:51 PM.
Old 11-12-2008, 08:24 AM   #4
Vestras
User

Project Member: LoC

Submissions (4)

Vestras will become famous soon enough (40)Vestras will become famous soon enough (40)

Awesome! Gotta try now!
EDIT:

Fregging awesome! I loved it! Though, you had a spelling error; forstmourne should be frostmourne, aye? And, when Arthas (Evil) were low on life, I used Holy Light on him, and I one hitted him, and then I got defeated and they said I cheated. :(

Last edited by Vestras : 11-12-2008 at 01:55 PM.
Vestras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 11:38 PM   #5
Ignitedstar

RP Section Moderator

Yeah... That's the problem, right there. The multiple endings are triggered when Arthas (Evil) dies until after the final scene. There are some things I could do to make sure that DK Arthas doesn't die, like giving him Divine armor and such unless you "cheat". I should probably do that...

Thanks for the Frostmourne typo. Did you find anything else worth noting?

Current Works:
None.

Last edited by Ignitedstar : 11-12-2008 at 11:38 PM.
Old 11-13-2008, 09:24 AM   #6
Callahan
Bullseye

Submissions (72)

Callahan is a splendid one to behold (688)Callahan is a splendid one to behold (688)Callahan is a splendid one to behold (688)Callahan is a splendid one to behold (688)

Give him hardened skin ability with 99999 damage blocked and 0 minimum damage and spell immunity then he's unkillable but attackable.

_________
I support every RPG map maker.
_______
OMG!My signature doesn't countains subliminal messages anymore!
Callahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 10:01 AM   #7
Rao Dao Zao
www.raodaozao.net

MDL & Resource Moderator

Submissions (27)

Rao Dao Zao has a brilliant future (817)Rao Dao Zao has a brilliant future (817)Rao Dao Zao has a brilliant future (817)Rao Dao Zao has a brilliant future (817)Rao Dao Zao has a brilliant future (817)Rao Dao Zao has a brilliant future (817)

Approved Map: When the Freedom Slips Away

Send a message via MSN to Rao Dao Zao

What you should do is just let Arthas die at the beginning, and then immediately revive him on the same spot, facing the same way/etc.
Old 11-14-2008, 03:36 AM   #8
Ignitedstar

RP Section Moderator

I'm not sure about Hardened Skin. Wouldn't that block damage that comes through whosyourdaddy, too?

Rao Dao Zao has a good point. Nothing triggers when Arthas dies, so if he does die in the first scene, I should instantly revive him. No one SHOULD notice.

Current Works:
None.

Last edited by Ignitedstar : 11-14-2008 at 03:36 AM.
Old 12-02-2008, 12:21 AM   #9
Ignitedstar

RP Section Moderator

Okay. I'm updating this:

Fixes
  • If Arthas dies in the beginning, he'll be automatically revived so the story can continue.
  • Evil Arthas has Divine armor now. Now he's IMPOSSIBLE to kill, unless you cheat.
  • Fixed ending #7. Now Arthas doesn't fling Evil Arthas to death after the cutscene starts.
  • Sylvanas' position in Ending #6 was put closer to the camera, because she's too far away from the camera's perspective.
  • Frostmourne typo was fixed in cutscene #3, when Arthas says that he doesn't mind killing Muradin again with FORSTmourne.
  • Holy Light goes through Invulnerability, so Uther heals allies during cutscenes. I might as well heal everyone beforehand.

Known Issues
  • I'm using an upgrade that changes Evil Arthas' armor from Divine to Hero in the final scene. However, it changes to Unarmored instead. What the heck?

Um... Did I miss anything? I will update the map download for the first post.

Current Works:
None.
Old 06-09-2009, 04:41 PM   #10
Ignitedstar

RP Section Moderator

Yes, it's been awhile, but I noticed a few things that I want to fix.

Fixes
  • For endings 6 and 7, Jaina's Water Elementals will appear in the scenes when they are not supposed to, sometimes causing the misplacement of unit positions while in cutscenes.
  • Uther's animation freezes when he levels up Arthas.

Known Issues
  • I still can't find it... Evil Arthas' armor is supposed to go from Divine to Hero, but it goes to Unarmored.

Script Issues
  • I hate Uther's lines. They're so... absurdly corny. But... what else would he say?

Added
  • Cutscenes may be skipped now. It's still a little on the sketchy side; this is actually the first time that I've used the "skip scene" feature for a cinematic seriously.

I know that this is not related to the real story at all (now that Muradin is alive again...), but... I like it for the fact that there's a lot to do with it. I really don't want to throw this away. I'm thinking of making a campaign for this after finishing my current map. Since you technically can't lose in this map (unless you kill your own allies), it will serve as the prologue.

Current Works:
None.

Last edited by Ignitedstar : 06-09-2009 at 06:52 PM.
Old 06-09-2009, 09:01 PM   #11
rulerofiron99
User

rulerofiron99 will become famous soon enough (61)rulerofiron99 will become famous soon enough (61)rulerofiron99 will become famous soon enough (61)

Event:
Arthas takes damage

Condition:
(life of arthas) less than or equal to (damage taken)

Actions:
Set life of arthas to (life of arthas) + (damage taken)

Death solved. I'll try the actual map some time, see if anything bothers me.
rulerofiron99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 05:03 AM   #12
Ignitedstar

RP Section Moderator

Hey, thanks. That'll really help. Now I don't have to use the damn upgrade anymore. *problem solved*

Current Works:
None.
Old 06-19-2009, 05:42 AM
Hunter of Shadows
This message has been deleted by Hunter of Shadows.
Old 06-23-2009, 01:58 PM   #13
Moh
User

Moh has little to show at this moment (0)

i rly liked this map but i didn't get everything. this was happening in the world of the dead? (like hell)

Something you should correct: in some scenes (before jaina comes i think) Arthas (good) stands on fire. Before the last battle Sylvanas says "I waited for many years or something like that" Isn't this not long after her death? and i think it would be better if u change arthas (good)'s color to blue, he was always blue in campaign and change jaina's to ligth blue

else i think it's good.
Moh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 06:39 AM   #14
Ignitedstar

RP Section Moderator

Well, someone already here knows more about timeline accuracy unlike me.

Arthas standing on fire: I noticed that, but was too lazy to change it. X_X
Will do so...

Sylvanas' lines: Will do.

Arthas' color to blue: Will do.

Change Jaina to light blue: That works, even if Uther is already light blue, but will do.

Current Works:
None.