wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Warcraft III Modding > Project Discussion > Map / Campaign Projects
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Old 09-19-2006, 01:32 AM   #1
Nubcookie
User

Nubcookie will become famous soon enough (34)Nubcookie will become famous soon enough (34)

Send a message via AIM to Nubcookie
Idea (12) Archers: CTF

Archers: CTF is a click and shoot map, much like 'archerytactics' and many 'Counter-Strike maps'. Last week I played archerytactics2 and enjoyed the game play. archerytacics had many flaws so I decided to make my very own archer map from scratch. Last Friday I started triggering and terrianing the map with the help of my friends to bug test it through LAN. After a few days and a few hours, the map is 98% complete and 100% playable. Yesterday I hosted it on battle.net, a 4v4 match. While compliments like, "awsum map lol" and "OMGF DUUD AWESOME," don't mean much, it seemed to be liked. Why is this original? It is two map types fused together with some of the best features from both.
I tried to take the best of similar genre maps and put them together on one. In the future, I'd like to add ai support and more abilities, among other ideas.
If you have anything that should be changed/fixed let me know.

Current Version: v0.99b!
Fifth release - 10/27/06
• You may now set custom taunts! Type "-taunt" followed by your taunt.
• Fixed a bug with explosive arrows.
• Fixed a bug when you wouldn't level up correctly.
• Map size also considerably decreased (cut in half)
Try it out!
Old Version: v0.99.
Fourth release - 9/28/06
• There are now three selectable classes with unique and complementary abilities.
• The model changing ability has been removed due to the new class selection
• Mana potions have been added to the shop, among other item additions and changes
• Many triggers have been redone and made from scrach
• Upon a round restart, random amusing unit sayings will be played
• Many new awesome abilities have been added, including Explosive Arrow, Combat Experience, Camouflage and Ensnare.
• Squashed several bugs
This is a testing release for finding bugs pre-1.00. Version 1.00 will include addition features, including decent computer ai support.
Screenshot of 0.99:
Zoom

Old Version: v0.10a.
Third release - 9/21/06
• You now recieve gold and several levels for capturing the opposing team's flag.
• The number points required to win is now based on the number of people playing
• Now when you change models, you retain your previously learned abilities
• Fixed other various bugs
Old Version: v0.05b.
Second release - 9/16/06
• Level cap changed to 20. The original level cap was too high and hard to reach
• Added the Dark Ranger model
• You now begin with 10 mana, opposide to 0
• Tome of Retraining removed for new item
• Sobi Masked added, it costs 12 gold.
• Death Insults are now visible for 3 seconds, originally 1 second.
• The map should be 98%+ leak free now!
Rather small fix, apart from the leak fixing.

edited for spelling. edit 2: added in game screenshots... ss4 is too large, /cryz. edit 3:new map version!
Attached Images
File Type: png LoadingScreenNew.png (23.0 KB, 366 views)
File Type: png SS1.png (1.92 MB, 55 views)
File Type: png SS3.png (1.85 MB, 53 views)
File Type: png SS2.png (1.78 MB, 41 views)
Attached Files
File Type: w3x Archers -- v0.99b Protected.w3x (248.5 KB, 36 views)
Windows is a 32 bit extension and a graphical shell for a 16 bit patch to an 8 bit operating system originally coded for a 4 bit microprocessor, written by a 2 bit company that can't stand 1 bit of competition.

Roflcopter_Down presents:
Archers: CTF - v0.99b
The Island [new!]

Last edited by Nubcookie : 10-28-2006 at 02:37 AM. Reason: New leet version!
Nubcookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 09-19-2006, 03:59 AM   #2
Pyrogasm
Lackadaisically Absent.

Respected User

Submissions (9)

Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)

Hero Contest - Fourth place

Send a message via ICQ to Pyrogasm Send a message via AIM to Pyrogasm Send a message via MSN to Pyrogasm Send a message via Yahoo to Pyrogasm
Default Aye

Does it have Comp Support yet?

Also, a typo for you: " 'archerytactics and many Counter-Strike maps' " should read " 'archerytactics' and may Counter-Strike maps "
Pyrogasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 04:12 AM   #3
Nubcookie
User

Nubcookie will become famous soon enough (34)Nubcookie will become famous soon enough (34)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyrogasm
Does it have Comp Support yet?

Also, a typo for you: " 'archerytactics and many Counter-Strike maps' " should read " 'archerytactics' and may Counter-Strike maps "
Read the description, comp support is in the future and you should check your spelling. :p
Windows is a 32 bit extension and a graphical shell for a 16 bit patch to an 8 bit operating system originally coded for a 4 bit microprocessor, written by a 2 bit company that can't stand 1 bit of competition.

The Island [new!]
Old 09-19-2006, 04:19 AM   #4
Pyrogasm
Lackadaisically Absent.

Respected User

Submissions (9)

Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)

Send a message via ICQ to Pyrogasm Send a message via AIM to Pyrogasm Send a message via MSN to Pyrogasm Send a message via Yahoo to Pyrogasm
BUG

- The spell "Localization" doesn't work
- There's no mana bar in the hero icon in the top-left corner
- What happened to the spawning Sun/Moon keys?
- Tome of Retaining is useless because you can switch models and unlearn all your spells
- Add a "special editing thanks" section in the credits. gOaTsCrEw wants credit too...
- Add Dark Ranger models
- Show "-Sylvannas" as a typeable command, even though it works
- Maybe Moon Rider model?
- Find some other cool archer models :)
- Add our "b-net kiddie" names to the loading screen, and possibly some spiffy colors
- Add death words (d'oh, etc.)
- There's no spells to be learned at levels 17, 18, 19, and 21-25. Fix Maybe?

That's all that I can think of

Post Two:

Fine, so I meant to say "many" but I said "may". SUE ME. And what the hell is with this 600 seconds between posts thing? That's TEN FREAKING MINUTES!

By-the-Way, what the hell kind of smiley face is this?

CG: I merged your posts. Don't double post.
Old 09-19-2006, 04:38 AM   #5
Nubcookie
User

Yes, it does, did you have other people playing? :p
At level one you have no mana.
We determined they were rather pointless and annoying so they were removed.
- Tome of Retaining is useless because you can switch models and unlearn all your spells
Yes, it also costs 0g, I left it in because people might not relize they can swich models to relearn their abilities.
- Add a "special editing thanks" section in the credits. gOaTsCrEw wants credit too...
Sorry, please credit this goat fellow for suggesting to add the spirit town attack when carrying team B's flag, instead of another special effect.
- Add Dark Ranger models
I know, I realized that later. >.<
It is, scroll down in the quest log, it appears as -sylvannas
Moon... what? Potm?
Ask Blizzard to add some more. No point in doubling or tripling the map size for a model that doesn't effect anything.
- Add our "b-net kiddie" names to the loading screen, and possibly some spiffy colors
There are many spiffy colors, loading screen could use some more stuff. Meh.
Death words only happen 33% of the time.
There would be spells to learn at those levels other than the fact that it is incredibly difficult to reach that level and the fact that many beta spells for those levels were quite stupid. (You get Blink at level 20 for those who have not yet tested it)
Did you even play the released version? Much has changed since the early beta...

EDIT:
Quote:
Fine, so I meant to say "many" but I said "may". SUE ME. And what the hell is with this 600 seconds between posts thing? That's TEN FREAKING MINUTES!
That's to prevent spam, see above post.

The Island [new!]

Last edited by Nubcookie : 09-19-2006 at 04:40 AM.
Old 09-19-2006, 05:20 AM   #6
Pyrogasm
Lackadaisically Absent.

Respected User

Submissions (9)

Thumbs down Hrm...

Quote:
Yes, it does, did you have other people playing? :p
Yes. I played with comps to test that very spell, and it did not ping for me.
Quote:
At level one you have no mana.
At levels 20 + I noticed that there was no colored bar, even though I had mana.
Quote:
We determined they were rather pointless and annoying so they were removed.
Ah
Quote:
Yes, it also costs 0g, I left it in because people might not relize they can swich models to relearn their abilities.
Well, I didn't see it cost 0g, did you fix the respawn time on that? It should have 10+ stock and create a new one every second or so.
Quote:
Sorry, please credit this goat fellow for suggesting to add the spirit town attack when carrying team B's flag, instead of another special effect.
You're welcome.
Quote:
- Add Dark Ranger models
I know, I realized that later. >.<
You bet you did.
Quote:
It is, scroll down in the quest log, it appears as -sylvannas
Lies. It says "Shandris" not Sylvannas, although both work.
Quote:
Moon... what? Potm?
You shut up, that's what I meant.
Quote:
Ask Blizzard to add some more. No point in doubling or tripling the map size for a model that doesn't effect anything.
Ok, you win on this one. It is kinda pointless
Quote:
There are many spiffy colors, loading screen could use some more stuff. Meh.
Uh huh...
Quote:
Death words only happen 33% of the time.
I never saw any, though I could be blind. Do they not trigger on comps in the Team 2 base?
Quote:
There would be spells to learn at those levels other than the fact that it is incredibly difficult to reach that level and the fact that many beta spells for those levels were quite stupid. (You get Blink at level 20 for those who have not yet tested it)
I liked my spawn flag idea.
Quote:
Did you even play the released version? Much has changed since the early beta...
Yes I did. Now send me an unprotected version already.

Quote:
Quote:
That's to prevent spam, see above post.

600 seconds is a long time, maybe 60 seconds or so. What if you needed to update a map because you posted the wrong version? Huh?
Old 09-19-2006, 06:25 AM   #7
Pyrogasm
Lackadaisically Absent.

Respected User

Submissions (9)

Ooh, Spiffy new pictures...
Old 09-19-2006, 02:14 PM   #8
Nubcookie
User

Idea

At levels 20 + I noticed that there was no colored bar, even though I had mana.
I don't know what to tell you, that's Wc3, it works fine for me.
Well, I didn't see it cost 0g, did you fix the respawn time on that? It should have 10+ stock and create a new one every second or so.
It doesn't cost zero gold, it just doesn't have a price.
Lies. It says "Shandris" not Sylvannas, although both work.
You can change your character's model by typing one of the following:
-shandris
-archer
-high elf
-sylvannas
Quote from map.
I never saw any, though I could be blind. Do they not trigger on comps in the Team 2 base?
There's proof in one of the screenshots...

The Island [new!]
Old 09-20-2006, 05:45 AM   #9
Pyrogasm
Lackadaisically Absent.

Respected User

Submissions (9)

Idea Bring on the Flames

A few things to fix here:
- If you are using the Dark Ranger model, you are still visible when using evasion because of the dark glow around the bow
- After a team captures the flag and the units reset at the round re-begin, they don't auto-move to the center of their base. This is annoying because if you are playing with comps and you don't have blink, you are stuck
- Still no spells for 17-19
- It should say in the "Information" section that if you want to change your spells, all you need to do is change your model
- Make the flags tinted when you are carrying them, currently they are both the normal color values
- Do those death sayings really show up 30% of the time? I saw them pop up maybe 6 or 7 times over the course of 80 comp kills
- Change the color of the sayings... dark greenand brown pretty much blend in with the map
- Reinstate the giant pile of dead fish in the swamp

Ideas:
- Disable Blink when you have the flag
- Give some incentive to go to the swamp area; currently there is no reason to fight there, just to buy items...

CG - Stripped out excessive and unneeded colour codes.

Last edited by Captain Griffen : 09-20-2006 at 06:16 AM. Reason: My Red Font was f-d up
Old 09-20-2006, 02:12 PM   #10
Nubcookie
User

- If you are using the Dark Ranger model, you are still visible when using evasion because of the dark glow around the bow
I know, I thought that was pretty badass. The point of evasion is that you're invulnerable, you can't move when you're using it but fixing it is at the bottom of the list.
- After a team captures the flag and the units reset at the round re-begin, they don't auto-move to the center of their base. This is annoying because if you are playing with comps and you don't have blink, you are stuck
You're not supposed to play with computers...
- It should say in the "Information" section that if you want to change your spells, all you need to do is change your model
In v0.10a it won't change your spells.
- Do those death sayings really show up 30% of the time? I saw them pop up maybe 6 or 7 times over the course of 80 comp kills
100/3 = 33% iirc. I don't know though...
- Change the color of the sayings... dark greenand brown pretty much blend in with the map
It's the player color of the dying unit
- Reinstate the giant pile of dead fish in the swamp
No more random 500 fish piles
- Disable Blink when you have the flag
Yes, but it's so damn hard to get blink!
- Give some incentive to go to the swamp area; currently there is no reason to fight there, just to buy items...
If the allure of buying items isn't enough, it's also an alternative route to run with the flag.

Edit: priceless: Last edited by Captain Griffen : Yesterday at 11:16 PM. Reason: My Red Font was f-d up

The Island [new!]

Last edited by Nubcookie : 09-21-2006 at 01:21 AM.
Old 09-21-2006, 03:07 PM   #11
Chuckle_Brother
Oh for the sake of fudge

Respected User

Submissions (2)

Chuckle_Brother will become famous soon enough (53)Chuckle_Brother will become famous soon enough (53)

Send a message via ICQ to Chuckle_Brother Send a message via AIM to Chuckle_Brother Send a message via MSN to Chuckle_Brother Send a message via Yahoo to Chuckle_Brother

Wow that ugly, Griffen, whereever you are, come and lay out some holy wrath on this thread.

At any rate, Once my computer stops shitting itself I will give this a try.
Old 09-21-2006, 03:59 PM   #12
Captain Griffen
Dread Lord of the Cookies

Content Director

Submissions (2)

Captain Griffen is a glorious beacon of light (497)Captain Griffen is a glorious beacon of light (497)Captain Griffen is a glorious beacon of light (497)Captain Griffen is a glorious beacon of light (497)Captain Griffen is a glorious beacon of light (497)

Approved Map: Warlords[Quicksilver #2] - 1st Place

24 hours to massively update or I'll graveyard it.

Do not submit completely untested maps.

We had about 10 archers. Between 3 of us. Teal also consistently spawned in the wrong base. Fix it quickly.

Attack had the 's' key. Why? It overwrites stop, which cuts strategy. Also, the attack only hit if you clicked upon the target, and was undodgable.
Quote:
[13:32] <Akolyt0r> hmm.. stil i want to have some unused women
Captain Griffen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006, 07:44 PM   #13
Nubcookie
User

Question

We had about 10 archers. Between 3 of us.
I don't understand, you each had multiple archers?
Teal also consistently spawned in the wrong base. Fix it quickly.
Just tested 4v3 on battle.net and we had none of those problems. Do you have any screenshots or replays? I want to see what happend

The Island [new!]
Old 09-21-2006, 07:48 PM   #14
Captain Griffen
Dread Lord of the Cookies

Content Director

Submissions (2)

Captain Griffen is a glorious beacon of light (497)Captain Griffen is a glorious beacon of light (497)Captain Griffen is a glorious beacon of light (497)Captain Griffen is a glorious beacon of light (497)Captain Griffen is a glorious beacon of light (497)

Approved Map: Warlords[Quicksilver #2] - 1st Place

Blue and teal had multiple archers. Teal spawned in the wrong base many times. And no, I don't have a replay. It was 3v3.
Quote:
[13:32] <Akolyt0r> hmm.. stil i want to have some unused women
Captain Griffen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006, 09:50 PM   #15
Aray
Concepter & Writer

Aray will become famous soon enough (44)Aray will become famous soon enough (44)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexorian
Approval Guidelines
(...)
- The map must be decently completed: We know that it is too difficult to actually finish a map and that even those maps that are 'finished' can be updated later. We are interested in maps that get to at least a 70% completion, the map must be fully playable and most of the planned features should be finished. (...)
- I really don't see the need to discuss wether or not this thread belongs here. This map is in v0.05b! So for once I actually think you're being too kind here CG This map should not have been posted here in the first place considering the state it is in.

I say move it to Map Projects right away...