wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Warcraft III Modding > Hosted Projects > War of the Three Hammers > WotTH Terrain
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Old 03-01-2007, 08:49 PM   #1
Fanatic-Templar
User

Project Member: WotTH

Fanatic-Templar will become famous soon enough (48)Fanatic-Templar will become famous soon enough (48)

Default Flash of the Blade

So, not knowing which chapters had already been started and which had not, I decided to go for Chapter 7: Flash of the Blade, the first Darkiron chapter. I've just barely started, and these pics will demonstrate the feel I'd intended for this chapter. If this is unsatisfactory for some reason, please tell me now ;).

The scenario behind this chapter is Thaurissan's army marching towards Ironforge. The original campaign being intended as an RPG, I,ve had to devise a new mission here, so in addition to early pics, here's what I have in mind for this map.

The Bronzebeards have sent their armies to halt Thaurissan in the mountains, lest he be allowed to lay siege to Ironforge itself. The winding narrow passes offer a strategic advantage to the defenders, but if they are defeated here, they will be forced all the way back to the capital, to make their last stand.

The main objective is to sack the Bronzebeard encampment, situated at the top of the mountains. They will have the advantage of high ground and various fortified chokepoints in the narrows defiles.

Control of those defiles could cut both ways, however. Through the twists of the mountains, several locations have been identified as key defensive positions to halt any Bronzebeard attack party.

Furthermore, scouts have discovered a hidden tunnel leading behind enemy lines. Once employed, the Bronzebeards will surely collapse the caves, denying further use of this route, but it might allow a strikeforce to raid the siege weapons raining death from above.

Those would be two subquests.

The first image is the location of the Darkiron base, by the way. I'll probably add some detail to it, but it's mostly open for construction.
Attached Images
File Type: png Darkiron base.png (1.26 MB, 294 views)
File Type: png Coastal Cliffs.png (1.10 MB, 254 views)
Old 03-01-2007, 08:51 PM   #2
camel's_hump
Gone.

Project Leader: WotTH

Submissions (25)

camel's_hump is a glorious beacon of light (487)camel's_hump is a glorious beacon of light (487)camel's_hump is a glorious beacon of light (487)camel's_hump is a glorious beacon of light (487)camel's_hump is a glorious beacon of light (487)

We have custom trees, I'll send them to you next time I'm on.

Oogabooga
camel's_hump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 11:12 PM   #3
Fanatic-Templar
User

Fanatic-Templar will become famous soon enough (48)Fanatic-Templar will become famous soon enough (48)

I take it lumber won't be used as a ressource, since none of those trees have death animations.
Old 03-03-2007, 11:13 PM   #4
Chriz.
Vast Graphics Animator

Submissions (17)

Chriz. has a brilliant future (830)Chriz. has a brilliant future (830)Chriz. has a brilliant future (830)Chriz. has a brilliant future (830)Chriz. has a brilliant future (830)Chriz. has a brilliant future (830)Chriz. has a brilliant future (830)

Hero Contest #2 - 2nd PlaceSkinning Competetion #3 - Elementals

I made animated trees. Lots.
Old 03-03-2007, 11:41 PM   #5
camel's_hump
Gone.

Submissions (25)

camel's_hump is a glorious beacon of light (487)camel's_hump is a glorious beacon of light (487)camel's_hump is a glorious beacon of light (487)camel's_hump is a glorious beacon of light (487)camel's_hump is a glorious beacon of light (487)

Not those trees, get to work:P I think we are using ore and wood as resources.

Oogabooga
camel's_hump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 01:09 AM   #6
Fanatic-Templar
User

Alright then, I'll wait for the animated versions.

But first things first: Bronzebeard buildings! Once I get those, i can terrain thelsamar, then Albiino can trigger the map and then we'll have a demo!
Old 03-04-2007, 06:03 AM   #7
Albiino-I
The Last Druid

Albiino-I will become famous soon enough (42)Albiino-I will become famous soon enough (42)

You could use normal human buildings as a base and when the Bronzebeard buildings are finished, replace the human ones with them. Little details come later - a good backbone is what the demo needs right now.
Albiino-I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 06:37 AM   #8
Fanatic-Templar
User

Well, the buildings aren't there for functionality, only for aesthetics. So without knowing what the buildings look like, I cannot devise the town.
Old 03-04-2007, 06:58 AM   #9
Albiino-I
The Last Druid

Albiino-I will become famous soon enough (42)Albiino-I will become famous soon enough (42)

My point exactly - since they serve as eye candy only, they are not 'that' necessary. And because the creation of custom Bronzebeard buildings could take weeks or maybe months, I bealive it's more effective to use normal human buildings first so I could get triggering quicker and the project would go forward on many different aspects.
Old 03-04-2007, 07:44 AM   #10
Chriz.
Vast Graphics Animator

Submissions (17)

Chriz. has a brilliant future (830)Chriz. has a brilliant future (830)Chriz. has a brilliant future (830)Chriz. has a brilliant future (830)Chriz. has a brilliant future (830)Chriz. has a brilliant future (830)Chriz. has a brilliant future (830)

Or just start triggering the finished areas first, while hump and I get the lazy building makers off their assses and back to work. We can get Hey its X, Argo, xXm0RpH3usXx, to name a few.

Last edited by Chriz. : 03-04-2007 at 07:44 AM.
Chriz. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 08:07 AM   #11
Albiino-I
The Last Druid

Of course I can manage without the Thelmasar for a while.

Could you send me the maps of the demo to my e-mail?
Old 03-04-2007, 08:10 AM   #12
Chriz.
Vast Graphics Animator

Submissions (17)

They're in the staff section, you'll be able to see it once Vexorian makes you an official member, (camel and I both PMed him about it.)
Old 03-04-2007, 12:10 PM   #13
xXm0rpH3usXx
I want my rep back! asap

Submissions (35)

xXm0rpH3usXx is a glorious beacon of light (406)xXm0rpH3usXx is a glorious beacon of light (406)xXm0rpH3usXx is a glorious beacon of light (406)xXm0rpH3usXx is a glorious beacon of light (406)xXm0rpH3usXx is a glorious beacon of light (406)xXm0rpH3usXx is a glorious beacon of light (406)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chriz.
Or just start triggering the finished areas first, while hump and I get the lazy building makers off their assses and back to work. We can get Hey its X, Argo, xXm0RpH3usXx, to name a few.

i am NOT lazy...
Old 03-10-2007, 07:58 PM   #14
Hey its X
Dance puppet dance!

Submissions (1)

Hey its X will become famous soon enough (48)Hey its X will become famous soon enough (48)

aww, alright, I really have been not doing shit lately.

Hey its X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 09:38 PM   #15
Frostigt
User

Frostigt has a spectacular aura about (79)Frostigt has a spectacular aura about (79)Frostigt has a spectacular aura about (79)

How about now?