wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Warcraft III Modding > Hosted Projects > War of the Three Hammers > WotTH Terrain
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Old 08-11-2006, 03:40 AM   #1
Fanatic-Templar
User

Project Member: WotTH

Fanatic-Templar will become famous soon enough (48)Fanatic-Templar will become famous soon enough (48)

Default The Settling of Loch Modan

Will involve cutting a lot of trees and digging or levelling ground. No, that's not the mission synopsis, merely a description of the terrain. Here's the latest in the art of woodland hills.

Old 08-11-2006, 03:44 AM   #2
camel's_hump
Gone.

Project Leader: WotTH

Submissions (25)

camel's_hump is a glorious beacon of light (487)camel's_hump is a glorious beacon of light (487)camel's_hump is a glorious beacon of light (487)camel's_hump is a glorious beacon of light (487)camel's_hump is a glorious beacon of light (487)

Cool pictures How far are you on terraining the demo?

Oogabooga
camel's_hump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 03:49 AM   #3
Fanatic-Templar
User

Fanatic-Templar will become famous soon enough (48)Fanatic-Templar will become famous soon enough (48)

I've terrained the Loch islands, and almost all of the left shore ( the largest one ) except for Thelsamar, the buildings of which I still don't have.

Not started on the other shore yet, I'm trying to think of something original 'cause I'm getting bored of terraining same old, same old.
Old 08-12-2006, 09:59 AM   #4
SeruK
I'm the One

Submissions (8)

SeruK has a spectacular aura about (105)SeruK has a spectacular aura about (105)SeruK has a spectacular aura about (105)SeruK has a spectacular aura about (105)

Send a message via MSN to SeruK

The grass and the rocky stuff on the hills looks berry out of place, but else it's pretty good.
Old 08-12-2006, 07:08 PM   #5
Fanatic-Templar
User

Update.
Attached Images
File Type: png Mountaincliffs.png (517.4 KB, 117 views)
File Type: png Plains.png (515.4 KB, 95 views)
Old 08-12-2006, 07:10 PM   #6
camel's_hump
Gone.

Submissions (25)

camel's_hump is a glorious beacon of light (487)camel's_hump is a glorious beacon of light (487)camel's_hump is a glorious beacon of light (487)camel's_hump is a glorious beacon of light (487)camel's_hump is a glorious beacon of light (487)

Looks perty, but maybe a bit o' grass or something inbetween those big open spaces?

Oogabooga
Old 08-12-2006, 11:29 PM   #7
Fanatic-Templar
User

I'll see what I can do.
Old 08-13-2006, 09:37 PM   #8
Fanatic-Templar
User

Progress report.
Attached Images
File Type: png Progress.png (1.17 MB, 164 views)
Old 08-13-2006, 09:41 PM   #9
camel's_hump
Gone.

Submissions (25)

Looking good, tis good to see progress reports

Oogabooga
Old 08-13-2006, 10:47 PM   #10
Taur
#8 in posting (nolifeftw)

Taur is a jewel in the rough (215)Taur is a jewel in the rough (215)Taur is a jewel in the rough (215)Taur is a jewel in the rough (215)

I see nothing really special, some hills and nothing else, the tree models are the only thing that make it look okay.
Taur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2006, 10:57 PM   #11
erwtenpeller
*****istrator

Art Director

Submissions (35)

erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (922)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (922)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (922)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (922)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (922)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (922)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (922)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (922)

Skinning Contest 7 ~ Were-AnimalsConcept art session 3 - Dungeon

I cant wait to see the huge dam :)
Old 08-13-2006, 10:58 PM   #12
camel's_hump
Gone.

Submissions (25)

Quote:
Originally Posted by erwtenpeller
I cant wait to see the huge dam :)

Lol, well there isnt a dam yet cause its not been settled xP

Oogabooga
Old 08-14-2006, 04:00 AM   #13
Fanatic-Templar
User

Quote:
I see nothing really special, some hills and nothing else, the tree models are the only thing that make it look okay.

'Course that's what it looks like. Hills, plains, mountains and the Loch are pretty much everything there is to terrain in the first place.

There are some older pics in this thread

Last edited by Fanatic-Templar : 08-14-2006 at 04:02 AM.
Fanatic-Templar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 01:34 AM   #14
Fanatic-Templar
User

All right, since I've gotten the feelings that more pics of plains and hills and trees weren't particularly welcome, I haven't updated this in a while, but with the recently finished mountains ( pics below ) the map is practically finished, save Thelsamar and the Darkiron encampment. I'll finish those once I get the doodads.
Attached Images
File Type: png Darkiron temple.png (972.5 KB, 140 views)
File Type: png Beneath the Temple.png (1.51 MB, 120 views)
Old 09-19-2006, 01:36 AM   #15
refl3ction
User

Submissions (2)

refl3ction is on a distinguished road (17)

Send a message via AIM to refl3ction Send a message via MSN to refl3ction

hmm throw in some more tile variation, itll look better