wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Ghost Forums > Map Database
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Old 08-09-2006, 09:18 PM   #1
Karawasa
Element Tower Defense

Submissions (2)

Karawasa has a spectacular aura about (78)Karawasa has a spectacular aura about (78)Karawasa has a spectacular aura about (78)

Approved Map: Tropical TagApproved Map: Element TD

Send a message via AIM to Karawasa Send a message via MSN to Karawasa
Default (8) Element TD

What is Element Tower Defense?

Element TD is an eight player Warcraft III Custom Game. Following the tradition of past Tower Defenses, invading hordes follow a specific path from start to finish. Towers must be built, creeps must be killed, victory must be earned!

A Proliferation of Strategy: Earth, Fire, and Water...

Unlike most Tower Defenses, Element TD has two major innovations that allow for a depth of strategy unseen in contemporary Tower Defense gameplay.

Whereas traditional Warcraft 3 Tower Defenses overlook armor type and attack type, Element TD creates its own world wherein each invading horde and attacking tower has a specific corresponding element.

Each elemental armor takes additional damage from the element preceding it and retains near-invulnerability from the element following it. Consequently, each tower deals damage based on its attack element versus the armor element of the invading creeps.

The circle of elements goes as follows:
Light > Darkness > Water > Fire > Nature > Earth > ... Light

Is That All?

Element TD retains a unique form of leveling up defensive towers that opens the door for a new dimension of strategy. Beginning at level 5 and for every 5 levels after that, the player chooses an Elemental Guardian to summon. These guardians channel the secrets of deep and powerful elemental magik, and when killed they grant the user the use of a specific element.

These elements either infuse existing towers with their specific qualities or inhabit their own, specialized elemental tower. Beginning with two elements, the user can combine elements and create unique dual and triple element towers. Each tower has its own offensive and support capabilities. No two elemental towers are alike in Element TD.

The Devil's in the Details...

Each element can be chosen again in order to create base element towers of levels 1, 2, and 3. In this way the 6 base elements create six base towers, each upgrade corresponding to how many guardians of a single element a user has slain.

Each element combines with another element to create a unique dual tower, and each dual tower can combine with a third and separate element to create a triple element tower. There are 15 dual towers and 20 triple towers in Element TD.

Furthermore, each hybrid tower can be upgraded to increase its own specific attack or support capabilities. Towers may only be upgraded if all of their component elements have been brought to the next level. In Element TD, better towers are only available by killing more Elemental Guardians.

Example: Two dead Fire Guardians and two dead Water Guardians allows for a level 2 Fire + Water dual-element tower.

The Rich Get Richer?

While players' instincts might be to build as strong a defense as they can manage in a Tower Defense, you are rewarded for putting off building that expensive tower and hoarding your money in Element TD. Every 15 seconds, all players gain interest on their unspent gold to the tune of 2% of their current cash. Players may also increase the initial interest rate once every five levels at the cost of an Element pick. In higher difficulty levels survival depends upon proper tower placement and cash management.

In allowing some gold to accumulate, you may find that early level creeps sneak past your defenses; however, Element TD does not trade off money lost in kills for money gained by hoarding.

Players no longer lose gold for missing out on a crucial creep kill. In most Tower Defense games, if you let a creep reach the end of its path, you lose a life and whatever gold you would have gotten from killing it. In Element TD, leaked creeps respawn at the start of the path. This gives you another chance at the gold they carry, but gives the creep another chance at you.

To reach the end of Element Tower Defense, all 60 waves must be completely defeated.

At the End of the Road there Lies a Dark and Disturbing Victory...

Visit the site at http://www.eletd.com

Official Authors:
  • mrchak
  • Karawasa
Attached Images
File Type: jpg eletd.jpg (137.7 KB, 567 views)
File Type: jpg elementtd.jpg (736.9 KB, 361 views)
Attached Files
File Type: w3x Element TD 4.3b.w3x (1.29 MB, 353 views)

Element Tower Defense - Premier WC3 Custom Game

Last edited by Karawasa : 01-27-2012 at 10:09 AM.
Karawasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 08-09-2006, 10:41 PM   #2
Tim.
Missing You All at Wc3c

Site Owner

Submissions (18)

Tim. is a name known to all (502)Tim. is a name known to all (502)Tim. is a name known to all (502)Tim. is a name known to all (502)Tim. is a name known to all (502)

Approved Map: PiratesSpell making session 3 winner

I don't have time to read everything, I need written proof from the original creator of this map that you have permission to edit it. If I do not get it then I am sorry but this cannot be reviewed.

EDIT:

The following transcript has been sent to me and I verify its authenticity until proven otherwise. It constitutes and permits Karawasa to edit and modify this map with MrChak's consent. It is to be considered of course that indeed much of this map was made by MrChak, and approval should be based on both the original map but largely on the improvements made. All concerns related to the matter of permission should be brought to me or Karawasa directly through PM.

Hi there.
I saw on a forum that you have been working on Element TD, building off version 2.0
I'm very happy to see you are really into the map. I'm Brian aka mrchak, the guy who authored the map in the first place.
I'm wondering if I could find out about what you are doing currently to it, to be sortof kept 'in the loop'.

After version 2.0 I sortof lost steam as far as updating, balancing etc. It's a massive undertaking, considering all the combinations and towers and so forth. the latest version I have ever played has been 2.0, the one I made, since I though a lot of the things other people did to change the game made it worse - however, from what you were saying in the forum it seems like you know what you are doing and you are trying to make it good, not just hacked.

Anyway, look forward to your reply
cheers
Brian (aka mrchak)

Avast! Seen Pirates? Get it here!
Tim. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 11:11 PM   #3
Taur
#8 in posting (nolifeftw)

Taur is a jewel in the rough (215)Taur is a jewel in the rough (215)Taur is a jewel in the rough (215)Taur is a jewel in the rough (215)

So we are only allowed to approve in on how much it has been improved from 2.0?
Taur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 11:19 PM   #4
Karawasa
Element Tower Defense

Submissions (2)

Karawasa has a spectacular aura about (78)Karawasa has a spectacular aura about (78)Karawasa has a spectacular aura about (78)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taur
So we are only allowed to approve in on how much it has been improved from 2.0?

No, I talked to Tim. online. I have decided to submit the map as a joint venture between myself and Mrchak.

Thus, judge the map as it is currently, not based on my modifications or compared to another version.

I believe Tim. will be editing his post soon.

Old 08-10-2006, 12:16 AM   #5
escpy
User

escpy has little to show at this moment (0)

now waiting for approval ?
Old 08-10-2006, 12:21 AM   #6
Karawasa
Element Tower Defense

Submissions (2)

That and hopefully some quailty feedback and input.

Old 08-10-2006, 12:36 AM   #7
Taur

Taur is a jewel in the rough (215)Taur is a jewel in the rough (215)Taur is a jewel in the rough (215)Taur is a jewel in the rough (215)

Well in that case, seeing as I have aldready played this map several times over, I think I can give a fair feedback:
  • As far as TDs go this is a rather creative one, with a good solid amount of towers and combinations, and the towers were very creative, some having special abilities. It gives a wide variety and therefore increases it's re-playablitity.
  • I thought the leak system was very original as well, you get a 2nd chance at monsters that leaked, and they get a 2nd chance at you :P.
  • The terrain was not great, it was rather simple, and the cliffs didnt look too good, there werent many doodads either. Now I know that it is hard to make good TD terrain, but it is possible, this is something I feel you should imrpove on.
  • Near the end I kinda got lost with what to do with my extra lumber, spending it on other elements seemeda waste since I wouldnt get the 6 needed for the combined element tower thing, and interest increase was far too low for me to justify putting points into.
  • Near the end, heros in hero mode got annoying, new ones were too low level. You might want to consider asking the player if he wants to accept the heros.
  • Mammoth towers were overpowered I think 6 second stun? That is incredibly invaluable, llike multiplying all damage stats 2 fold and if you have a few of them, well that's the game right there.
  • I thought balance was well done, with a few exceptions in hero mode but I understand those will be fixed.
  • There were little or no JASS or triggered hero ablities, I would like to see more of those but it is hard to implement in a TD.
  • What I like about Element TD is while it's a pretty good map, it's also well-liked on bnet so that makes it more playable, which for me is an issue.
  • You should give locust to the elements you've "captured?" and are displayed on that cliff thing, looks tacky when u can click on them.
  • You should let us know how much towers cost that we cant yet build, so that newbies dont rush an element, leak him 3 times and find out he doesnt have enough gold to build his new towers.

Now I have listed a lot of issues, but I also think the map is very fun to play for a TD, it does have originality in it, which is always an issue with TD maps and fun to play single or multiplayer.

I'm going to approve this map, seeing how hard Karawasa is working on it and his dedication to it, and looking forward to further releases addressing what I have mentionned
Old 08-10-2006, 01:31 AM   #8
Karawasa
Element Tower Defense

Submissions (2)

• I will look into improving the terrain. While I am not the best terrainer, I will make an effort to find someone who is decent.
  • About interest, I will see if I can find a better balance. Perhaps increasing by .75%
  • Extra lumber can be spent on getting other elements for better combinations. You DON'T have to get the 6 element tower thing.
  • I might just cap hero mode heros to 1.
  • Mammoth and Magnatuar towers will be looked into
  • I don't get the meaning behind this:
    Quote:
    What I like about Element TD is while it's a pretty good map, it's also well-liked on bnet so that makes it more playable, which for me is an issue.

Old 08-10-2006, 01:37 AM   #9
Taur

Well I mean it's possible to get a game of relatively good players going online.

Last edited by Taur : 08-10-2006 at 01:37 AM.
Old 08-10-2006, 02:43 AM   #10
Daxtreme
Wc3Helper

Submissions (2)

Daxtreme will become famous soon enough (34)Daxtreme will become famous soon enough (34)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taur
Well I mean it's possible to get a game of relatively good players going online.

How can this be an issue ? Rofl.
Old 08-10-2006, 09:10 AM   #11
Captain Griffen
Dread Lord of the Cookies

Content Director

Submissions (2)

Captain Griffen is a glorious beacon of light (497)Captain Griffen is a glorious beacon of light (497)Captain Griffen is a glorious beacon of light (497)Captain Griffen is a glorious beacon of light (497)Captain Griffen is a glorious beacon of light (497)

Approved Map: Warlords[Quicksilver #2] - 1st Place

The issue is a general one, which is not a problem in this instance due to the reasons he outlined.
Quote:
[13:32] <Akolyt0r> hmm.. stil i want to have some unused women
Captain Griffen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 04:44 PM   #12
Daxtreme
Wc3Helper

Submissions (2)

Daxtreme will become famous soon enough (34)Daxtreme will become famous soon enough (34)

Ok.
Karawasa, I was fooling around on B.net yesterday and I saw Element TD 3.0...

So I joined in and was like : cool he really released it yet ?

But it was written :

------------------------------

Lloyd presents...
Element TD Survivor 3.0

blablabla

Thanks to : *A bunch of nowhere names*

What the heck ?

How did this guy obtain the unprotecte version of 2.5 ?

Anyways it's exactly the same as 2.5 and he doesn't give credits to mrchak.

Weird

EDIT : Is your BETA6 version above protected ?

Last edited by Daxtreme : 08-10-2006 at 04:45 PM.
Daxtreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 06:09 PM   #13
emjlr3
Rehabbing

Submissions (14)

emjlr3 is a jewel in the rough (151)emjlr3 is a jewel in the rough (151)

Mapping Contest First Place

Send a message via AIM to emjlr3 Send a message via MSN to emjlr3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daxtreme
Ok.

But it was written :

Lloyd presents...
Element TD Survivor 3.0

blablabla

What the heck ?

Weird

gay
Old 08-10-2006, 06:29 PM   #14
Karawasa
Element Tower Defense

Submissions (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daxtreme
Ok.

But it was written :

Lloyd presents...
Element TD Survivor 3.0

blablabla

What the heck ?

Weird

No it is not. 2.5 was not Mrchaks work. 2.0 was Mrchaks last official version, and it was unprotected. As for Beta6, it is unprotected but widgetized. Mrchak asked that I keep the Betas opensource.

When the actual non-beta 3.0 comes out, it will be protected of course, till then...

As for Llyod, script kiddies suck. But his map won't go anywhere.

Old 08-10-2006, 06:33 PM   #15
Vexorian
Free Software Terrorist

Technical Director

Submissions (37)

Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1060)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1060)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1060)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1060)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1060)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1060)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1060)

Hero Contest #3 - 2nd Place

hey calling a guy that ripped a map an script kiddie is an offense towards all the script kiddies in the world. Please avoid that kind of offensive commenting
Turns your simple code into something that is complicated enough to work.
Faster != more useful
Vexorian is offline   Reply With Quote