wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Warcraft III Modding > Project Discussion > Map / Campaign Projects
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Old 07-31-2006, 11:24 PM   #1
Handclaw
Tinkerprince of Undermine

Submissions (4)

Handclaw has a spectacular aura about (104)Handclaw has a spectacular aura about (104)Handclaw has a spectacular aura about (104)Handclaw has a spectacular aura about (104)

Send a message via MSN to Handclaw
Default A Tinker's Tale

Home: http://forum.rampagingpolygons.com/index.php?board=10.0

Background Story:

Azeroth, is a mystical world. A world of conflict, magic and war. Heroes rised to fight the evil many times. And evil rised again and again to bring a dark time over the world. Many tales were spun around these, around heroic men who fought for their nation and families, and around those demons who seek more and more power. But now it is time for a little goblin tinker to spin his own tale... of gold and glory.

Summary:
This project, which first started as a map about the tinker and became a whole campaign, is now a full fledged mod that introduces a fifth race into Warcraft 3 including a campaign for this race.

Features (so far):
-A new Goblin Race
-Neutral Gnomes
-A whole campaign
-2 new tilesets
-2 new neutral heroes

Content
Heroes & Units
Techtree

Team:

*Handclaw - Team Leader, Terraining, Storywriter, Concept Artist
*Xaran Alamas - Triggerer, Modeler, Helper with Lore

Contributor
*Norinrad - Models

With friendly Greetings,

~HandCLAW~

Last edited by Handclaw : 01-03-2009 at 12:02 AM.
Handclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 08-03-2006, 10:08 PM   #2
Handclaw

Submissions (4)

Handclaw has a spectacular aura about (104)Handclaw has a spectacular aura about (104)Handclaw has a spectacular aura about (104)Handclaw has a spectacular aura about (104)

edit: This post is out of date, but it remains so you can follow the progress of the project

*sigh* No replies at all... somehow I knew that <,<'

Anyway, firstly: Exuse me for this little bump ^^

Secoundly: May I show you 2 heroes who might appear besides the tinker and the alchemist?

1. The Bombardier

Zoom

The bombardier is the highest practitioner
of the art of things that go boom. Meticulous
planners with a ftenzied need to blow things up,
most bombardiers are a haphazard mixture of forward-
thinker and absent-minded tinker.

Sooo... Do you want to know what this little girl can do with her bombs and the lighter shield? Well, then prepare for the her spells!
[note: the descriptions below will only give you an idea of the effect of her spells, not the actual damage etc.]

Big Bang:

The Bombardier uses the Sapper Charge on her back to blow himself up, dealing damage to her enemies and herself.

Override:

By overriding the lighter of her shield, the lighter will work as a flamethrower.
By this, the hero can burn her enemies.

Hardening: [passive]

The Bombardier is used to damage of her bombs and so, the hero will take less
damage by spells, including her own.

Bomb Pile: [Ultimate]

The Hero drops a giant pile of explosives which will damage all units and building around it, as soon as it explodes. The pile will explode after 5 seconds. (Time isn't set yet <.< )

2. The Tradeprince

Zoom

The Tradeprince, the highest men in goblin society.
Each company is ruled by one, and they have no scruple
to get their will. The Tradeprince is a perfect commander
through this.

Now let's get to this little buddies spells. But I have no ultimate, yet.

Bribe:

The Trade Prince can bribe enemy units to convince them to change sides.
With higher levels, the Prince can bribe stronger units.

Payment Rise: [Auto-Cast]

The Trade Prince can convince his troops to work harder, which causes them to move and attack faster.

Prince Presence: [Aura]

The Presence of the Prince alone can drive the troops to work harder.
Again, the troops will move and attack faster.

n/a: [Ultimate]

n/a

I'm welcome for some ultimate suggestions :) Oh... and I would be happy about some comments, too ^,^

With friendly Greetings,

Handclaw

Last edited by Handclaw : 01-02-2009 at 03:28 PM.
Old 08-03-2006, 10:15 PM   #3
desmasic
User

desmasic is on a distinguished road (15)

You know that I just like any Blizzardish gameplay too much :P

On topic, the new heroes look really nice.. but I'd rather see the models. Also, the 'test' part is what I am interested in playing the most.. unless it will be just 'go and kill that 9 lvl dragonspawn' quest. Oh and there are some nice WOW goblin models on wc3sear last I checked.
Old 08-10-2006, 08:34 PM   #4
Handclaw

Submissions (4)

edit: This post is out of date, but it remains so you can follow the progress of the project

YAY! First comment! :P Thanks Desmasic, although you know it already from samods ^,^ About the Test Part... You'll see ;)

And now... To something different:

Well, of course there can't be only heroes... We need also enemies!
But who could the enemy be? So may I remind you that this campaign is about goblins?
Of course a goblin versus goblin battle! It is a common fact that the companies fight each other,
so let's see who the other tradeprinces are...

Doc Hydworth, the Alchemist!
Zoom Zoom

Doc Hydworth is the leader of the Poisonchem Company. He is one of the most acknowledged alchemists on Azeroth.
In his early days, he had a little accident with a potion, which caused the size of his right arm. He enjoys to test
new potions and toxins. Especialy if he can harm people who interupted one of his plans. I should also note, that because of
the accident, he got also incredible strenght in his one arm.

Skillset: Alchemist

Zoom
The Poisonchem Company is focusing on using different kinds of chemicals.
Either to harm their enemies with different poisons, or to buff their own army.
It isn't uncommon to find Hobgoblins between their troops.

Captain Boomstick, the Bombardier!
Zoom

The Captain is the leader of the Rocketmaniac Company. The name doesn't come from nothing, as Captain Boomstick is insane.
He often engages in combat just to blow himself up, though for weird reasons, he survives it every time. He also got the command
of a giant navy, which makes him even more dangerous.

Skillset: Bombardier

Zoom
The Rocketmaniac Company is focusing on different kinds of explosives.
They are often hired to blow things up, and they are really good at that.
The use of Goblin Sappers and even Goblins Mines isn't uncummon, too.

Drazz Mekbuilder, the Tinker!
Zoom

Drazz is one of the Tradeprinces who use a steamthrone. He uses most of his time to invent new devices.
He especialy likes to think about roboters. But one thing that he hates is, to hear of someone who
invented something better than he did. He often sabotages or steals the machines of others.
He's the boss of the Mektology Company.

Skillset: Tinker

Zoom
The Mektology Company is known for their Technology.
But also, they are known for stealing and sabotaging.
Enginneers and Goblin Thieves are a common sight at this company.

Well, these 3 guys might appear in the campaign. Why and where is a different question, though.

To finish this long post, say hello to my WIP Hobgoblin! The Tier 1 Meele Unit of the Goblins!

Zoom

With friendly Greetings,

HandCLAW

Last edited by Handclaw : 01-02-2009 at 03:34 PM.
Old 08-10-2006, 09:12 PM   #5
Chriz.
Vast Graphics Animator

Project Leader: WotTH

Submissions (17)

Chriz. has a brilliant future (830)Chriz. has a brilliant future (830)Chriz. has a brilliant future (830)Chriz. has a brilliant future (830)Chriz. has a brilliant future (830)Chriz. has a brilliant future (830)Chriz. has a brilliant future (830)

Hero Contest #2 - 2nd PlaceSkinning Competetion #3 - Elementals

Looks like youve got good ideas and development, best of luck : )
Old 08-10-2006, 09:45 PM   #6
Nasrudin
User

Respected User

Submissions (31)

Nasrudin is just really nice (327)Nasrudin is just really nice (327)Nasrudin is just really nice (327)

I may make you one unit, for pratice. I need a list and description of the animations tho.
Nasrudin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 10:12 PM   #7
ragingspeedhorn
I MUST BREAK YOU

Official Map Reviewer

Submissions (10)

ragingspeedhorn is a jewel in the rough (211)ragingspeedhorn is a jewel in the rough (211)ragingspeedhorn is a jewel in the rough (211)ragingspeedhorn is a jewel in the rough (211)

Approved Map: Dodge The Wisp Wheels

Send a message via MSN to ragingspeedhorn

Sounds like a cool idea for a map/campaign. A question, if this get's finnished will you then maybe add voices to cinematics and such? That were always one of the things I liked the best about the blizz campaigns.
Old 08-10-2006, 10:51 PM   #8
DeaD_MeN_WalkiN
Robie williams ROFL

DeaD_MeN_WalkiN will become famous soon enough (37)DeaD_MeN_WalkiN will become famous soon enough (37)

Send a message via AIM to DeaD_MeN_WalkiN Send a message via MSN to DeaD_MeN_WalkiN

Looks nice good luck, Again I must say if you need beta tester PM or post here.

Also can you attach thumbnails instead? they hurt the eyes and take ages to view.

~Dead

Retired (Well I'm still doing freelance works).
DeaD_MeN_WalkiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 11:08 PM   #9
Handclaw

Submissions (4)

@Chriz. : Thanks :)

@Nasrudin: I'll prepare a tech tree with spells, so you can choose everything you want ^^

@ragingspeedhorn: The campaign will be voiced as I think this is really important :) I saw enough maps and campaigns with unvoiced dialogues, and well... that was not great :( But the voicing will be done when the campaign is near finish ^^

@DeaD_MeN_WalkiN: Heh... Sorry about that <.<' Was to lazy to rewrite everything, so I copy and pasted it from my thread in samods It's fixed now :)

With friendly Greetings,

HandCLAW

Last edited by Handclaw : 08-10-2006 at 11:08 PM.
Old 08-10-2006, 11:12 PM   #10
ragingspeedhorn
I MUST BREAK YOU

Official Map Reviewer

Submissions (10)

ragingspeedhorn is a jewel in the rough (211)ragingspeedhorn is a jewel in the rough (211)ragingspeedhorn is a jewel in the rough (211)ragingspeedhorn is a jewel in the rough (211)

Approved Map: Dodge The Wisp Wheels

Send a message via MSN to ragingspeedhorn

If you need help with some male voices (preferable human) I could do some as I am getting some new and improved equipment "soon" and will be able to do some okay good voicing without background noise and such hopefully :)
Old 08-12-2006, 10:42 AM   #11
Handclaw

Submissions (4)

Like promised, here is the Goblin Tech Tree! :D

Heroes and Upgrades aren't included

Buildings:

Trade Outpost:

The Trade Outpost is the Tier 1 Townhall of the goblin race. It serves as a first base in foreign countries. Servants and Day Laborers can return resources here. As a bonus, various mercenaries are aviable here, too.

Trains:
Servants

Hires:
Day Laborers
Gnoll Bodyguard

Goblin Hut:

Goblin Huts are the Farms of the goblin race. As every race, the Goblins need places for their troops. The Goblin Huts provide this place.

Altar of Greed:

Altars of the goblins. As the other altars, the Altar of Greed resuscitates fallen heroes.
In multiplayer games, these heroes would be aviable:

Trains:
Tradeprince
Tinker
Bombardier
Alchemist

Training Shack

Baracks of the Goblins. Basic Troops are build here, and some upgrades for said troops are aviable here.

Trains:
Hobgoblin Slasher
Goblin Shooter
Goblin Spy

Goblin Depot

Lumbermill- and Blacksmith- kind of building. The Depot allows to build Watchtowers.

Watchtower

Defensive Structure of the Goblins. Just a tower :P

Goblin Merchant

Shop for various things ^^

Trade Port

The Trade Port is the Tier 2 Townhall of the goblin race. When an Outpost is becomes more important for trading business, the company advances the Outpost to a port.
Because of this, better mercenaries are aviable.

Trains:
Servants

Hires:
Gnoll Bodyguard
Troll Watcher

Goblin Factory

Factories are buildings which are found in advanced Goblin Bases. In the Factory, various mechanical units are produced. Those Units may get an upgrade here, too.

Trains:
Goblin Sapper
Goblin Shredder
Goblin Zeppelin
Goblin Warairship

Goblin Laboratory

In Laboratories, several kinds of science are practised. There is Alchemy or Engineering for example. Units who are trained her can get their upgrades here, too.

Trains:
Goblin Brewer
Goblin Mechanic
Goblin Technomage

Trade Center

The Trade Center is the Tier 3 Townhall of the goblin race. Trade Centers are some of the most important Trade Points. The strongest Mercenaries are only here aviable.

Trains:
Servants

Hires:
Gnoll Bodyguard
Troll Watcher
Ogre Overseer

Goblin Arena

The Arenas is only aviable in the most advanced bases. And only the strongest warriors may fight in the arena. And those warriors can also fight for you.

Trains:
Steam Gladiator
Chopper

Goblin Black Market

On the Goblin Blackmarket, some special upgrades are aviable. Some of them are quite expensive, but they can give a big advance to the player.

Units:

Servants

Builder and Ressource Gatherer. No special Abilities. Servants are the basic workers in Goblin Society. Although they have a very low rank, without them, a Goblin Base can‚€™t work.

Day Laborer

Cheap Ressource Gatherer. Like the Servants, the Day Laborer can gather ressources, but they cannot construct buildings. But they are cheap and are fast aviable.

Gnoll Bodyguard

These Gnolls aren‚€™t strong, but they are useful helper when defending the base early. Also, the Gnolls can fill empty rows in the army of a goblin commander.

Hobgoblin Slasher

The Slashers are Stormtroopers of the Goblin Armies, and are a result of Goblin Alchemists experimenting on Goblins during the 2nd War. They became stronger, bigger but also more stupid. Their skin changed to purple, too.

Goblin Shooter

The Goblin Shooters are basic ranged warriors of the Goblin Armies. Equipped with
Goblin designed Guns, they attack all opposers coming into their reach.

Goblin Spy

Goblin Spies are Scouts. There mission is to spot enemies and warn the troops of their presence. Even if these enemies are invisible, the Goblin Spy is called. The Spy can to learn additional skills to make him even more useful.

[True Sight] Detects invisible units
[Stealth] The Spy can stealth himselfs, lowering his walking speed, but making
his next attack cause more damage
[Thievery] The Spy‚€™s attacks will steal ressources from the target units.

Troll Watcher

Watchers use throwing spears and are mercenaries. They are only aviable on advanced goblin bases and with their useful nets, they can become very important at defending the base.

[Ensnare]

Goblin Sapper

Goblin Sappers are an explosive trio of Goblins. Packed with a lot of explosives, they are used to clear paths from trees, or destroy buildings. Though they can also attack enemy troops, they aren‚€™t very effective against them.

[Kaboom] Makes Boom :P

Goblin Shredder

Goblin Shredders are the first versions of a Steamsuit. These are especialy effective at gathering lumber. Though, they are nice warriors, too.

Goblin Zeppelin

Zeppelins are a common sight since the 2nd war. Though, they were used as scouts in that time, nowadays the Zeppelin is used to move their troops and goods.

Goblin War Airship

Those new Zeppelins are heavy armored. These Zeppelins are used as Bombers, dropping bombs on such. But they can‚€™t defend themselves against other Air units well. The only thing they can do is dropping Air Sappers, who will try to down the Attackers.

[Drop Air Sappers] x3

Goblin Brewer

Those Adepts of the Alchemical Arts use their potions to harm and poison the enemy troops. They don‚€™t fear to try out their potions, even if it can accidently help the enemy.

[Acid] Reduces armor of the target unit
[Confusion Salve] AoE Chance of miss
[Laming Posion] Reduces attack and movement of target unit. The unit loses life for a duration, too.

Goblin Mechanic

Mechanis are very useful workers. Not only are they here for maintaining the machines, no, they can even improve the machines and are so very important for goblin leaders with large machine forces.

[Swift Repair] Repairs x hp of the targeted machine
[Mech Aura] Increases the armor of Mechanic Units in the area
[Tuning] Buffs attack and movement of the target mechanic unit

Goblin Technomage

Technomages are looked down by other tinkers, but to prove themselves, the Goblin Technomages promised to fight the magic arch rivals of the tinkers. By this, they developed several spells and machines to fight the arcane energies.

[Arcane Conductor] Places a ward to destroy the mana of all surounding enemy casters.
[Magic Absorption] Makes the Goblin Technomage immune against spells, but reducing ist speed.
[Brainbomb] Summons a little bomb with a weak attack and dotenate to dispell and damage summons.

Ogre Overseer

The Overseers are the strongest Guards aviable in a Goblin Base. Those brute warriors
Are great for defending the base. Because of their brute strenght, they can sometimes hit several enemies at once.

[Cleaving Attack] Damages multiple enemies

Steam Gladiator

The Steam Gladiators are the new era of Steamsuits. Armored with heavy plates and powered by the newest Steam Generators, the Steam Gladiators conquered the Arena.
But those warriors are also aviable for you, if you got enough money.

Chopper // Gyrochopper

The Choppers are Goblin Warriors with two blades. But by using a Gyropack on their backs, they can lift of and fly. As soon as the Gyropack is activated, a propeller appears, and the Chopper can fight in the midair. Because of their experience, they are even very good at fighting against other air units. They can of course land any time they want.

[Take off// Land]

Thanks for helping to: Dmitry Rommel, Illidan Stormrage, Paul, Xaran Alamas! ^^

Last edited by Handclaw : 01-02-2009 at 03:34 PM.
Old 08-12-2006, 10:51 AM   #12
erwtenpeller
*****istrator

Art Director

Submissions (35)

erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (922)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (922)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (922)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (922)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (922)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (922)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (922)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (922)

Skinning Contest 7 ~ Were-AnimalsConcept art session 3 - Dungeon

You can use Chris and mine Mortar Trike when its finished?
Old 08-12-2006, 11:26 AM   #13
Handclaw

Submissions (4)

Well, for the main tech tree, I don't think I have place, but the Mortar Trike is a perfect unit for one of the enemy tradeprinces :) Each of the enemies got some special units ^^ So is the Mortar Trike perfect for the Technology based Tradeprince :) Well, of course I could use him as an Arena Unit, too <.< Probably as a siege unit, as the goblins got only the Sappers and the War Airship for that.
Old 08-12-2006, 12:24 PM   #14
Pheonix-IV
I want you inside me...

Submissions (17)

Pheonix-IV is a jewel in the rough (212)Pheonix-IV is a jewel in the rough (212)Pheonix-IV is a jewel in the rough (212)Pheonix-IV is a jewel in the rough (212)

I'll be doing HC a bunch of models for this to help improve my skills. Might as well make models that have a use.
Old 08-12-2006, 04:33 PM   #15
Nasrudin
User

Respected User

Submissions (31)

Nasrudin is just really nice (327)Nasrudin is just really nice (327)Nasrudin is just really nice (327)

Ok, I'm intrested in the thief. Where's the animation list?
Nasrudin is offline   Reply With Quote