wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Resources > Model Resources > Animated Models
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Old 07-07-2006, 09:25 PM   #1
Dan van Ohllus
Negatory

Submissions (40)

Dan van Ohllus is a jewel in the rough (242)Dan van Ohllus is a jewel in the rough (242)Dan van Ohllus is a jewel in the rough (242)Dan van Ohllus is a jewel in the rough (242)Dan van Ohllus is a jewel in the rough (242)

Default Balverine Model Pack

Balverine Model Pack

Made by: Dan van Ohllus

Character description:
Ferocious beasts that feasts on human flesh. Their bite can also infect a human so that he/she will also become a Balverine.

Model description:
Based on the Ghoul model and the Wolf model. Changed the UV so that the models don't use any custom textures. Also reshaped the bodies to make them less skinny.

Package information:
The package includes different Balverine models with icons and portraits. The models use no custom textures so you can just import them and restart WE.

GIVE ME CREDITS IF YOU USE THESE MODELS IN YOUR MAP!!!

Feel free to edit this resource for your projects as long as you credit me for the resource you based it from, so please disregard the outdated permission part in the readme file.

Enjoy! ;)

EDIT2:
Hole fixed! YAY! Thanks olofmoleman for the hint. ;)

EDIT3:
Did some updates on the models. Will make a changelog later.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg BalverineModelPack_Screen.jpg (160.8 KB, 2092 views)
File Type: jpg Balverines_Ingame_Screenie.jpg (62.6 KB, 521 views)
Attached Files
File Type: zip BalverineModelPack.zip (392.0 KB, 735 views)

I don't take requests, so don't PM or e-mail me for any.

WHY IT'S NOT A GOOD IDEA TO POST YOUR FIRST MODEL/SKIN/ICON

Last edited by Dan van Ohllus : 01-31-2015 at 01:47 PM. Reason: Some Updated
Dan van Ohllus is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 07-07-2006, 10:02 PM   #2
Vexorian
Free Software Terrorist

Technical Director

Submissions (37)

Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)

Hero Contest #3 - 2nd Place

I can see a gray rectangle in the white one, you better fix that else the model guys won't like this..
Turns your simple code into something that is complicated enough to work.
Faster != more useful
Vexorian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 10:11 PM   #3
Dan van Ohllus
Negatory

Submissions (40)

Dan van Ohllus is a jewel in the rough (242)Dan van Ohllus is a jewel in the rough (242)Dan van Ohllus is a jewel in the rough (242)Dan van Ohllus is a jewel in the rough (242)Dan van Ohllus is a jewel in the rough (242)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexorian
I can see a gray rectangle in the white one, you better fix that else the model guys won't like this..

The problem is that the grey rectangle is a hole (the hole was there when the model was still a ghoul) and has nothing to do with the UV. I could snap the holes together but two geosets somewhat linked (but not connected) together there, and I don't to take any risk for screwing up the animations. However, the hole will not be noticed in-game and that's good.

But let's see about the modeller's opinion.

Old 07-07-2006, 10:53 PM   #4
TDR
♪♫

Modeling & Gallery Moderator

Submissions (84)

TDR has much to be proud of (701)TDR has much to be proud of (701)TDR has much to be proud of (701)TDR has much to be proud of (701)TDR has much to be proud of (701)

Hero Contest #2 - 3rd PlaceConcept art session 6 - Sea dwellersModeling session 3 - Critters

Fix the hole. That's a major flaw. There have been others made to edit their models for less visible issues, so I suggest you do that.
Old 07-07-2006, 11:05 PM   #5
Tiki
Transform and roll out!

Respected User

Submissions (11)

Tiki is a jewel in the rough (244)Tiki is a jewel in the rough (244)Tiki is a jewel in the rough (244)Tiki is a jewel in the rough (244)Tiki is a jewel in the rough (244)

AI tournament - 3rd place

Mmm Fable wolves ftw.

www.sc2armory.com - Join our forums and community.
Latest and most up to date information about starcraft II.
Tiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 11:15 PM   #6
Dan van Ohllus
Negatory

Submissions (40)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDR
Fix the hole. That's a major flaw. There have been others made to edit their models for less visible issues, so I suggest you do that.

OK, I'll see what I can do with the hole. (Hopefully will update them at least next day)

Old 07-08-2006, 06:18 AM   #7
FinalTyrant
Intense™

Submissions (2)

FinalTyrant will become famous soon enough (66)FinalTyrant will become famous soon enough (66)FinalTyrant will become famous soon enough (66)

Reminds me of the Druids Wolf form from Diablo II, great idea by the way.
FinalTyrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2006, 10:06 AM   #8
Dan van Ohllus
Negatory

Submissions (40)

Whoa! Never expect that the hole-fixing would be such a problem.

-The rectangled hole uses five vertex points, so snapping them together wont do well if I don't want to make the UV look weird in the chest.

-Just covering the hole by moving the vertex won't do either because the hole will still show up when the model animates.

-I also tried to extrude some parts near the hole and connect them, but that screwed up the chest when animating.

-As said before, there are two different geosets near the hole, and Oinkerwinkle's Vertex Modify only allows me to modify one geoset at a time.
No, merging geosets will only screw up the animations.

Is there any way in Oinkerwinkle's Vertex Modify to cover (or fill) the hole by making a new facepoint (or face)?
Because I probably need some help and hints on this flaw.

Edit: Mods may approve this model pack if they want, but I'll try to fix the holes starting with olofmoleman's hint.

...stupid Blizzard and their Ghoul model with a hole on it's chest!

Last edited by Dan van Ohllus : 07-08-2006 at 11:30 AM.
Old 07-08-2006, 10:51 AM   #9
olofmoleman
Baron Grunwald is.

Texturing Moderator

Submissions (106)

olofmoleman has a brilliant future (953)olofmoleman has a brilliant future (953)olofmoleman has a brilliant future (953)olofmoleman has a brilliant future (953)olofmoleman has a brilliant future (953)

Approved Map: Jurassic ExplorationSmiley contest 1st, 2nd and 3rd place.Skinning Competetion #4 - FallenSkinning Competetion #4 - Atoned

The hole is a flaw yes, but I bet you'll never see that ingame, so in my opinion I it can be approved without fixing it, BUT you should try to fix it non the less because it's more proffesional and just better.

It's possible to fix it with vertex modifier, it jsut takes a bit of skill and a lot of time. take a look at the Deathknight model, then at my Nazgul rider model, you'll notice the Deathknight has holes in the Horse's neck, and my Nazgul doesn't, I fixed that by copying one vertex and placing it in the right place, then welding it to the hole, making the copied vertex to adopt the anims of the holes.

Olof Moleman AKA Lord Trilobite
My Wc3c Resources

I'm not doing requests, don't pm me about it

~The Arch-enemy of Mc!~
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rao Dao Zao
Olof always speaks true.
olofmoleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2006, 11:29 AM   #10
Dan van Ohllus
Negatory

Submissions (40)

Quote:
Originally Posted by olofmoleman
The hole is a flaw yes, but I bet you'll never see that ingame, so in my opinion I it can be approved without fixing it, BUT you should try to fix it non the less because it's more proffesional and just better.

It's possible to fix it with vertex modifier, it jsut takes a bit of skill and a lot of time. take a look at the Deathknight model, then at my Nazgul rider model, you'll notice the Deathknight has holes in the Horse's neck, and my Nazgul doesn't, I fixed that by copying one vertex and placing it in the right place, then welding it to the hole, making the copied vertex to adopt the anims of the holes.

Hmm, I guess you guys may approve this pack.

Thanks for your hint, olof. I'll try your method to see if it works on the Balverines. I'll give you a rep.

Old 07-09-2006, 09:48 PM   #11
The_Brewmaster8
User

The_Brewmaster8 has little to show at this moment (4)

i like it. plus rep for you.
The_Brewmaster8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 10:10 PM   #12
Dan van Ohllus
Negatory

Submissions (40)

The flaw has become flawless! Hole fixed and updated the models and screenshots.

You deserved that rep very well, olofmoleman. That hint helped me much. Thanks.

Old 07-09-2006, 10:47 PM   #13
TDR
♪♫

Modeling & Gallery Moderator

Submissions (84)

TDR has much to be proud of (701)TDR has much to be proud of (701)TDR has much to be proud of (701)TDR has much to be proud of (701)TDR has much to be proud of (701)

Hero Contest #2 - 3rd PlaceConcept art session 6 - Sea dwellersModeling session 3 - Critters

Ok, good job. Approved.
Old 07-10-2006, 09:27 AM   #14
Werewulf
Banned

Submissions (86)

Werewulf has little to show at this moment (0)

ah....good old balverines...but fable gets boring....well.. iv never played it..but my bro has it..and..meh..

anyway, i think the uvwrap is much better on your models, the others iv seen have bad wrap.

GJ+rep
Werewulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 11:36 AM   #15
Freakazoid
I love you all.

Submissions (14)

Freakazoid is a jewel in the rough (159)Freakazoid is a jewel in the rough (159)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Werewulf
ah....good old balverines...but fable gets boring....well.. iv never played it..but my bro has it..and..meh..

anyway, i think the uvwrap is much better on your models, the others iv seen have bad wrap.

GJ+rep

Finnaly, wulf, some love in your sig :D.

Yup, great models, and the size isnt big too!