wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Ghost Forums > Map Database
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Old 07-22-2006, 08:57 AM   #61
GaDDeN
Map Dev *********

Respected User

Submissions (3)

GaDDeN has a spectacular aura about (93)GaDDeN has a spectacular aura about (93)GaDDeN has a spectacular aura about (93)GaDDeN has a spectacular aura about (93)

Approved Map: EliminationApproved Map: Stand of the PeonsApproved Map: Elimination Tournament

I tried it multiplayer now. Great game, i had no problems at all with the so called "circle fights" i think the turn rate was perfect. Some buoys however had weird tooltips and it was very hard to read them while fighting (but this is ofc only a problem the first time you play). This buoy attracts nagas? Wtf? :P

Hah anyways, you could also slow the game down slightly, its extremly fast as it is and having slower ships would give it more sea battle feeling. Also, the cannons often fired in a 45 degree angle forward instead of firing 90 degrees side. This is probably because of the momentum, but i still think this could be fixed to work better.
GaDDeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 07-22-2006, 05:57 PM   #62
Duke Soulrender
User

Duke Soulrender has little to show at this moment (3)

i like it a lot. you made a great man.

DUDE THIS MAP ROCKS
Old 07-22-2006, 09:51 PM   #63
James1654
User

James1654 has little to show at this moment (3)

Send a message via MSN to James1654

Tim., yet another fine submision by you to the site. I also very much likes the wc3 veiwer, which i used to make a map preveiw for my map. Good job with the map, tim, but I would prefer a shorter timer, and about 5 or 6 more powerups. I thought up some below

Powerup idea(s):
Spare canon - fires forward 3 times(if you have the mana) in quick succession after one "s"
Gravitational shift - picks every boat within 500 of you, and using polar offsets, transfers them to the oposit side of you, and stuns them.
Nitro-boosed sails(lol) - 150% movement speed for 5 seconds

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnfn
There should be some way to hit guys directly in front of you

There is, turn your boat at an acute angle to the person infront of you and fire. The canon balls will travel much faster then their boat and so can hit them. its a hard move, but it looks good and is worth it.

Anyway, tim., good luck with the map, looking forward to ver without the lag.
If you use someones model
If you enjoy someone's story or image
If someone is very kind or tries to help or be nice
If someone makes you laugh
If someone gives you rep (so u both get mass rep, lol)

If you need to spread it, give it to someone random! (that means to me, btw )
James1654 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2006, 11:31 PM   #64
Timmay
User

Submissions (4)

Timmay is on a distinguished road (17)

AI Tournament #2 - 3rd Place

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaDDeN
Hah anyways, you could also slow the game down slightly, its extremly fast as it is and having slower ships would give it more sea battle feeling. Also, the cannons often fired in a 45 degree angle forward instead of firing 90 degrees side. This is probably because of the momentum, but i still think this could be fixed to work better.
I kind of like the game being fast paced and having shots firing the way they do. If those two things were changed, I think it would slow the map down and make it boring.

Anyways, the map is great. Anytime I host it, it fills up and people enjoy it.

Edit: I found a typo in the Quest Log. It says the first person to ten kills wins instead of whoever gets the most kills in ten minutes.

Last edited by Timmay : 07-23-2006 at 12:03 AM.
Timmay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2006, 11:00 AM   #65
iNfraNe
MSc

Cinematics Moderator

Submissions (7)

iNfraNe is just really nice (261)iNfraNe is just really nice (261)iNfraNe is just really nice (261)iNfraNe is just really nice (261)iNfraNe is just really nice (261)

Approved Map: Mortar Ball

Send a message via MSN to iNfraNe

Quote:
Originally Posted by James1654
Powerup idea(s):
Spare canon - fires forward 3 times(if you have the mana) in quick succession after one "s"
Gravitational shift - picks every boat within 500 of you, and using polar offsets, transfers them to the oposit side of you, and stuns them.
Nitro-boosed sails(lol) - 150% movement speed for 5 seconds

1. Have you looked at the boats? they dont have cannons in front.
2. Wtf...?
3. A different name would be nice.

I think you can come up with some more logical/better powerup ideas...
The Spirit of Vengeance (Cinematic, Blizzard contest winner)
Elimination Tournament
Mortar Ball
iNfraNe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2006, 12:13 PM   #66
GaDDeN
Map Dev *********

Respected User

Submissions (3)

GaDDeN has a spectacular aura about (93)GaDDeN has a spectacular aura about (93)GaDDeN has a spectacular aura about (93)GaDDeN has a spectacular aura about (93)

Approved Map: EliminationApproved Map: Stand of the PeonsApproved Map: Elimination Tournament

Don't discourage feedback infrane ^^
Old 07-23-2006, 01:05 PM   #67
James1654
User

James1654 has little to show at this moment (3)

Send a message via MSN to James1654

I dont think you got the idea that the "nitro boost sails" powerup idea was named stupidly so it would be funny. Maybe you missed the "(lol)" .

FYI, Infrane, some boats dont have canons on the sides, either, and some boats DO have a front canon.

Pick every unit within 500 of triggering unit, and do move unit to point with polar offset - position of triggering unit offset by (distance between points-triggering unit and picked unit) at angle (arithmatic: angle [bewteen triggering unit and picked unit] + 180

I am suprised at you being so confused, and misunderstanding at just a simple feedback post. Tsut, tsut, tsut. But anyway, I am feeling slightly put off doing anymore feedback, now, because I will only be harrassed and abused by other members who are jelous of me. Awwww, me cry now :*( , you hurt my feelings :*( . I get bad suicidal moods when I am upset, me go cry now. Waaaaaaaaa!
If you use someones model
If you enjoy someone's story or image
If someone is very kind or tries to help or be nice
If someone makes you laugh
If someone gives you rep (so u both get mass rep, lol)

If you need to spread it, give it to someone random! (that means to me, btw )
James1654 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 10:07 PM   #68
Tim.
Missing You All at Wc3c

Site Owner

Submissions (18)

Tim. is a name known to all (502)Tim. is a name known to all (502)Tim. is a name known to all (502)Tim. is a name known to all (502)Tim. is a name known to all (502)

Approved Map: PiratesSpell making session 3 winner

Thanks for the feedback, I still have no WE or War3, but I'll make sure to keep all of this in mind once I do.

Avast! Seen Pirates? Get it here!
Tim. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 05:30 PM   #69
GaDDeN
Map Dev *********

Respected User

Submissions (3)

James, im quite sure you dont have to post a polar projection trigger to infrane :)
Old 07-26-2006, 06:05 PM   #70
BertTheJasser
xyzi - our universe

Submissions (2)

BertTheJasser has a spectacular aura about (111)BertTheJasser has a spectacular aura about (111)BertTheJasser has a spectacular aura about (111)BertTheJasser has a spectacular aura about (111)

If you are lucky, add an AI, as I mostly have to play SP. Would be great, what the map is anyways.
Special thanks to Vexorian who helped me learn jass, the real jass and always helped me when problems occured, I would call him somehow my mentor. Pipedream, who made amazing Grimoire and helped me acclerating my map (currently at 99% finished, no developement atm).

Vote for Linux Ports in general of Blizzard products: http://www.PetitionOnline.com/ibpfl/
BertTheJasser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 06:40 PM   #71
Blade.dk

Respected User

Submissions (15)

Blade.dk is a glorious beacon of light (418)Blade.dk is a glorious beacon of light (418)Blade.dk is a glorious beacon of light (418)Blade.dk is a glorious beacon of light (418)Blade.dk is a glorious beacon of light (418)Blade.dk is a glorious beacon of light (418)

Approved Map: Azeroth's Arcane ArenaSpell session 01 winner

Send a message via MSN to Blade.dk

I haven't played the map for some time, and I haven't read all of the thread either, but what about a powerup that explodes your own ship (without losing any points), but also deals enough damage to kill every enemy in a range?
Old 07-26-2006, 07:09 PM   #72
Tim.
Missing You All at Wc3c

Site Owner

Submissions (18)

Tim. is a name known to all (502)Tim. is a name known to all (502)Tim. is a name known to all (502)Tim. is a name known to all (502)Tim. is a name known to all (502)

I like that.

Old 07-26-2006, 09:28 PM   #73
Jack_Sparrow_evo
User

Jack_Sparrow_evo has little to show at this moment (0)

Idea Godzor

I'll want to know, where you find those kind of pirate maps just like you're minimap
then i can give you my (pirate skulled console images) when i am finished them
Jack_Sparrow_evo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006, 10:44 PM   #74
Tim.
Missing You All at Wc3c

Site Owner

Submissions (18)

Google?

Old 07-28-2006, 12:41 AM   #75
Timmay
User

Submissions (4)

Timmay is on a distinguished road (17)

AI Tournament #2 - 3rd Place

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade.dk
I haven't played the map for some time, and I haven't read all of the thread either, but what about a powerup that explodes your own ship (without losing any points), but also deals enough damage to kill every enemy in a range?
If you use a depth charge right, you can kill yourself and an enemy. Both kills count for your score.