wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Ghost Forums > Map Database
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Old 07-08-2006, 10:24 PM   #16
Vexorian
Free Software Terrorist

Technical Director

Submissions (37)

Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1060)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1060)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1060)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1060)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1060)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1060)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1060)

Hero Contest #3 - 2nd Place

I dislike the looping edges.
- Make it so you can see the other side when you are in the border (make the map bigger and use triggers
or
- Replace the looping edges with an old style border of the world that would kill the ships
Turns your simple code into something that is complicated enough to work.
Faster != more useful
Vexorian is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 07-08-2006, 10:25 PM   #17
Callahan
Bullseye

Submissions (72)

Callahan is a splendid one to behold (688)Callahan is a splendid one to behold (688)Callahan is a splendid one to behold (688)Callahan is a splendid one to behold (688)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaDDeN
Modes are a bad idea, for all maps. And yes; i know i added modes to Elimination. And i regret i did.

Why?Explain yourslef

because not all players want to play same mod?
Anyway it 's still a good map

_________
I support every RPG map maker.
_______
OMG!My signature doesn't countains subliminal messages anymore!

Last edited by Callahan : 07-08-2006 at 11:18 PM.
Callahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2006, 10:56 PM   #18
Fulla
Evil Overlord

Submissions (3)

Fulla has a spectacular aura about (79)Fulla has a spectacular aura about (79)Fulla has a spectacular aura about (79)

Yea modes are the best thing you can add.

The map is fine as it is, but in my opinon its one of them very cool and fun maps that you play for a day or two and never play again.
I could be wrong thou...

If there were a few modes, even simplistic things that include,
- Team options/battles (3v3v3v3 // 6v6 etc.)
- Computer AI's ships patrolling about.

I could see it being hosted all the time.
It all depends how far you're willing to go with it.
After working on it so hard your interest may have faded and transfered to other potential maps.

A good job regardless :-)

Last edited by Fulla : 07-08-2006 at 10:58 PM.
Fulla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 12:35 AM   #19
GaDDeN
Map Dev *********

Respected User

Submissions (3)

GaDDeN has a spectacular aura about (93)GaDDeN has a spectacular aura about (93)GaDDeN has a spectacular aura about (93)GaDDeN has a spectacular aura about (93)

Approved Map: EliminationApproved Map: Stand of the PeonsApproved Map: Elimination Tournament

I just think each game / map should be a specific game and not a mixture of them all.

Take wc3 melee for example. What if you had to choose a gamemode everytime you started the game? Sure i guess you could call the world editor a unlimitmed-gamemodes-machine, but they still didnt add any gamemodes. Instead, they have made a good balanced game where the only choices you make is terrain and amount of players competing.
GaDDeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 01:31 AM   #20
Mc !
Master Creator !

Acting art director
Project Member: WotTH

Submissions (101)

Mc ! has a reputation beyond repute (1117)Mc ! has a reputation beyond repute (1117)Mc ! has a reputation beyond repute (1117)Mc ! has a reputation beyond repute (1117)Mc ! has a reputation beyond repute (1117)Mc ! has a reputation beyond repute (1117)Mc ! has a reputation beyond repute (1117)

Hero Contest #3 - 2nd PlaceModeling session 2 - Chimeras

Send a message via MSN to Mc !

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaDDeN
I just think each game / map should be a specific game and not a mixture of them all.

Take wc3 melee for example. What if you had to choose a gamemode everytime you started the game? Sure i guess you could call the world editor a unlimitmed-gamemodes-machine, but they still didnt add any gamemodes. Instead, they have made a good balanced game where the only choices you make is terrain and amount of players competing.

Yeah I agree, that makes skibi's castle td kinda boring sometimes too.

Awesomeness = #Rep / #Posts
Mc ! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 03:36 AM   #21
Vexorian
Free Software Terrorist

Technical Director

Submissions (37)

Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1060)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1060)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1060)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1060)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1060)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1060)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1060)

Actually I miss starcraft's modes. Special capture the flag... The trick was that you didn't have to choose the mode with a great dialog at the beginning of the map but at the time you were choosing the map.

If modes were added without the annoyance of having to pick then that would be good, like 10 seconds to press escape and open the mode choosing dialog, else it goes on normal.

I think that the map does not need more extensions, maybe just more items, it would be good if the rock distribution was different each round though.
Faster != more useful
Old 07-09-2006, 06:51 AM   #22
BertTheJasser
xyzi - our universe

Submissions (2)

BertTheJasser has a spectacular aura about (111)BertTheJasser has a spectacular aura about (111)BertTheJasser has a spectacular aura about (111)BertTheJasser has a spectacular aura about (111)

I very ... unique map. I like it very much, but I agree to vex with the modes, as it sucks when always at game init a *ing dialog pops up.
Special thanks to Vexorian who helped me learn jass, the real jass and always helped me when problems occured, I would call him somehow my mentor. Pipedream, who made amazing Grimoire and helped me acclerating my map (currently at 99% finished, no developement atm).

Vote for Linux Ports in general of Blizzard products: http://www.PetitionOnline.com/ibpfl/
BertTheJasser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 09:22 AM   #23
Fulla
Evil Overlord

Submissions (3)

Fulla has a spectacular aura about (79)Fulla has a spectacular aura about (79)Fulla has a spectacular aura about (79)

I honestly dont understand whats bad about modes?

A dialogue pops up for 2-3 seconds for the host?
Just have at the top "Normal Mode", in which theres all aspects are kept basic and straight forward.
You host the game you pick whichever mode you want.

No hinderance/annoyance there?

Sorry if going topic.

Last edited by Fulla : 07-09-2006 at 09:23 AM.
Fulla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 10:46 AM   #24
Meanie
User

Meanie is on a distinguished road (13)

Hmm wouldn't it be fun with some AI, since i dont play battle.net anymore and and the leavers should be replaced with some AI:), maybe a stupid idea since there cant be unfair teams anyway!
Meanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 01:27 PM   #25
Callahan
Bullseye

Submissions (72)

Callahan is a splendid one to behold (688)Callahan is a splendid one to behold (688)Callahan is a splendid one to behold (688)Callahan is a splendid one to behold (688)

I know moost of people dislike dota but the mod selection are good and simple except that people must know the chat string.
But it's true that a button dialog isn't so good because other player didn't see what's going on and it pause the game and the screen is faded.

_________
I support every RPG map maker.
_______
OMG!My signature doesn't countains subliminal messages anymore!
Callahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 03:13 PM   #26
Meai
User

Submissions (3)

Meai has little to show at this moment (1)

Cool map, but there isnt much replaybility. If u take my meaning. Add more powerups and a level system would be cool. Like for every kill a level, and improvements like in battleships. Different attack types would be cool too. Not just always the cannon.
Meai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 03:21 PM   #27
Vexorian
Free Software Terrorist

Technical Director

Submissions (37)

Levelling would break the game.

Could you make Negative points possible, I don't find much sense in that a ship that crashed 5 times before its first kill can then win 3-2 against one that didn't crash at all
Faster != more useful
Old 07-10-2006, 01:54 AM   #28
Raq_Thao
User

Raq_Thao has little to show at this moment (0)

Brilliant map!
Does anyone know of an RPG Multiplayer pirate map? It just occured to me that I've never played a map that had pirates in it. I for one believe that pirates are under-represented in the Warcraft world! To this end, I salute you for your contribution .
Raq_Thao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 02:17 AM   #29
Turkey_Slayer
User

Turkey_Slayer is on a distinguished road (10)

Send a message via AIM to Turkey_Slayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The-Cata
I was playing with a friend, and on the rematch my ship had no cannons. (see thumbnail)

Same thing happened to me, happened to me three rematches after in the same type of ship.
Old 07-10-2006, 03:13 AM   #30
Vexorian
Free Software Terrorist

Technical Director

Submissions (37)

When it happened to us it was also in the 5th match
Faster != more useful