wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Resources > Texture Resources > Skins
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Old 06-27-2006, 11:07 AM   #1
erwtenpeller
*****istrator

Art Director

Submissions (35)

erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (926)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (926)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (926)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (926)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (926)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (926)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (926)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (926)

Skinning Contest 7 ~ Were-AnimalsConcept art session 3 - Dungeon

Default Tigris Blademaster.

A skin for evilwart-dragon's Samurai Panda.

Zoom (requires log in)

the link leads to a wc3sear.ch site where it is downloadable, however, i also took the liberty of including the model in the zip file submitted. All credits for the model go to evilwart-dragon and blizzard.

Largest part of the skin was freehanded by me, small details like the beard i did not touch.

It has no path, just do the following:
Zoom (requires log in)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg TigrisSwordDude.jpg (140.8 KB, 4132 views)
File Type: jpg Paths.jpg (53.4 KB, 1454 views)
File Type: jpg SillyPandas.jpg (56.2 KB, 627 views)
Attached Files
File Type: zip PandarenSamurai.zip (203.4 KB, 777 views)
Old 06-27-2006, 11:30 AM   #2
Werewulf
Banned

Submissions (86)

Werewulf has little to show at this moment (0)

lovly!
i love him.
Werewulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 11:34 AM   #3
Archian
Dark & Ominous

Project Leader: LoC

Submissions (27)

Archian is a glorious beacon of light (477)Archian is a glorious beacon of light (477)Archian is a glorious beacon of light (477)Archian is a glorious beacon of light (477)

yea looks good , though that beard did look like teeths for a second.
Archian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 12:09 PM   #4
Rising_Dusk
Obscurity, the Art

Projects Director
Project Leader: OD

Submissions (27)

Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)

Hero Contest #3 - 1st PlaceApproved Map: Desert of ExileApproved Map: Advent of the ZenithHero Contest #2 - 1st PlaceHero Contest - Third place>

Send a message via AIM to Rising_Dusk Send a message via MSN to Rising_Dusk

I know I'm in no position to act like I know what I'm talking about, but...

I think the weapon needs something else done to it. It's too simple and blends in way too much with his fur color. The same can be said for the outer rim of the hat on his back, in game it looks like a blurb of furlike blob extending from his back with some team color in the middle.

Also, perhaps consider alphaing out the beard?
It somehow doesn't really look right on something intended to resemble a tiger.
Otherwise awesome job.

Last edited by Rising_Dusk : 06-27-2006 at 12:09 PM.
Rising_Dusk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 12:17 PM   #5
Metal_Sonic64
User

Submissions (4)

Metal_Sonic64 has a spectacular aura about (96)Metal_Sonic64 has a spectacular aura about (96)Metal_Sonic64 has a spectacular aura about (96)Metal_Sonic64 has a spectacular aura about (96)

Send a message via MSN to Metal_Sonic64

He also forgot his in-game shot

I think it looks pretty nifty, apart form what's been mentioned, but I think he would look a neater if he had more orange tones, the yellow doesn't really give the impressino of a tiger, and from an ingame point it will probably be even harder to tell.
Terrain- llllllllll
Triggers-
llllllllll
Metal_Sonic64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 12:18 PM   #6
Nasrudin
User

Respected User

Submissions (31)

Nasrudin is just really nice (327)Nasrudin is just really nice (327)Nasrudin is just really nice (327)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising_Dusk
I think the weapon needs something else done to it. It's too simple and blends in way too much with his fur color. The same can be said for the outer rim of the hat on his back, in game it looks like a blurb of furlike blob extending from his back with some team color in the middle.

Agree.

I was also going to complain about the look of mouth\nose on the portrait, but then I saw your texture. It's the model that is pretty bad; I'm kinda tempted to remake the head from scratch.
Nasrudin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 12:30 PM   #7
erwtenpeller
*****istrator

Art Director

Submissions (35)

erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (926)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (926)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (926)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (926)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (926)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (926)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (926)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (926)

Skinning Contest 7 ~ Were-AnimalsConcept art session 3 - Dungeon

heh, if you do so, see if you can make it use one texture reather then two, its a big waste of space. The model and texture could both use some more work, i suppose, but this thing is old.

About it being too yellow, i used a lot of tiger references to come up with this color... But i guess you are right, i could adit those things.

Wont happen anytime soon though, i'm preocupied.
Old 06-27-2006, 12:56 PM   #8
olofmoleman
Baron Grunwald is.

Texturing Moderator

Submissions (106)

olofmoleman has a brilliant future (953)olofmoleman has a brilliant future (953)olofmoleman has a brilliant future (953)olofmoleman has a brilliant future (953)olofmoleman has a brilliant future (953)

Approved Map: Jurassic ExplorationSmiley contest 1st, 2nd and 3rd place.Skinning Competetion #4 - FallenSkinning Competetion #4 - Atoned

The beard looks kinda out of place, but the skin is awesome non the less, post an ingame screenie and I'll approve it.

Olof Moleman AKA Lord Trilobite
My Wc3c Resources

I'm not doing requests, don't pm me about it

~The Arch-enemy of Mc!~
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rao Dao Zao
Olof always speaks true.
olofmoleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 02:17 PM   #9
Nasrudin
User

Respected User

Submissions (31)

Nasrudin is just really nice (327)Nasrudin is just really nice (327)Nasrudin is just really nice (327)

Quote:
Originally Posted by erwtenpeller
heh, if you do so, see if you can make it use one texture reather then two, its a big waste of space.

That's the easiest part. But now that I think about it, wouldn't be more efficent to reskin the standard blademaster? Cutting off the beard via alpha and all the jazz.
Nasrudin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 02:29 PM   #10
Rising_Dusk
Obscurity, the Art

Projects Director
Project Leader: OD

Submissions (27)

Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)

Hero Contest #3 - 1st PlaceApproved Map: Desert of ExileApproved Map: Advent of the ZenithHero Contest #2 - 1st PlaceHero Contest - Third place>

Send a message via AIM to Rising_Dusk Send a message via MSN to Rising_Dusk

I think the panda's facial design is more tigerish and less... Humanoid.
But that's just me, at least.

Plus, I like the hat on the back instead of the flag. :P

Last edited by Rising_Dusk : 06-27-2006 at 02:29 PM.
Rising_Dusk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 03:42 PM   #11
Callahan
Bullseye

Submissions (72)

Callahan is a splendid one to behold (688)Callahan is a splendid one to behold (688)Callahan is a splendid one to behold (688)Callahan is a splendid one to behold (688)

It's better than the mine
or you submit it to humiliate me?

Last edited by Callahan : 06-27-2006 at 03:51 PM.
Callahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 03:45 PM   #12
Chuckle_Brother
Oh for the sake of fudge

Respected User

Submissions (2)

Chuckle_Brother will become famous soon enough (53)Chuckle_Brother will become famous soon enough (53)

Send a message via ICQ to Chuckle_Brother Send a message via AIM to Chuckle_Brother Send a message via MSN to Chuckle_Brother Send a message via Yahoo to Chuckle_Brother

Ingame screeny yo, as requested by Timmy.
Click image for larger version

Name:	SillyPandas.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	56.2 KB
ID:	8420
Old 06-27-2006, 04:57 PM   #13
TDR
♪♫

Modeling & Gallery Moderator

Submissions (84)

TDR has much to be proud of (701)TDR has much to be proud of (701)TDR has much to be proud of (701)TDR has much to be proud of (701)TDR has much to be proud of (701)

Hero Contest #2 - 3rd PlaceConcept art session 6 - Sea dwellersModeling session 3 - Critters

I updated the first post with the in-game screenshot. Now, if olof said he'll approve this if there will be an in-game screenshot, so no it has one and sience I happen to be here I'll move this to the resources section.
Old 06-27-2006, 05:03 PM   #14
Turkey_Slayer
User

Turkey_Slayer is on a distinguished road (10)

Send a message via AIM to Turkey_Slayer

Hah, good as always, erwt.
Old 06-27-2006, 05:31 PM   #15
NiRVaNa_87
!

Concept Art Moderator

Submissions (8)

NiRVaNa_87 is a glorious beacon of light (410)NiRVaNa_87 is a glorious beacon of light (410)NiRVaNa_87 is a glorious beacon of light (410)NiRVaNa_87 is a glorious beacon of light (410)NiRVaNa_87 is a glorious beacon of light (410)NiRVaNa_87 is a glorious beacon of light (410)

Skinning Contest #12 WinnerSkinning Contest 6 ~ Ancient Civilization

Awesome skin as usual, the colours are just perfect...
NiRVaNa_87 is offline   Reply With Quote