wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Resources > Tools
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Old 04-20-2007, 04:17 AM   #1
SentryIII
Hello world!

Submissions (2)

SentryIII will become famous soon enough (56)SentryIII will become famous soon enough (56)

Approved Map: S3 Marine Corps

Send a message via AIM to SentryIII
Default Warcraft III AutoRefresh

What is Warcraft III AutoRefresh?
This is an application designed to automatically refresh the game you are currently hosting. Normally when you host a game, you would close all slots and open them to force your game to appear at the top of Battle.net's list of custom games. With this application, that process is done automatically.

Features
  • Automatically refresh your game.
  • Set the rate at which your game is refreshed.
  • Helps distribution of a map by assisting players in recognizing "Download Only" games.
  • Customize the names and colors of the Autorefresh appearing in pre-game lobbies.
  • Almost no CPU utilization, allowing you to keep your framerates up.

Requirements
Microsoft Windows 98/ME/2000/XP/Vista
Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1

--OR--

Linux/MAC OS X (Untested)
Mono Framework

Package Contents
  • Warcraft III Autorefresh program
  • C# Source Code
  • General Public License (GPL) txt file
  • readme.txt file
Attached Images
File Type: gif WarcraftIIIAutoRefresh.gif (418 Bytes, 3316 views)
Attached Files
File Type: zip WarcraftIIIAutoRefresh.zip (72.7 KB, 5915 views)

S3 Marine Corps (Map Series)
http://www.wc3campaigns.net/showthread.php?t=83733

Warcraft III AutoRefresh (C# .NET Open Source Application)
http://www.wc3campaigns.net/showthread.php?t=93728

Last edited by SentryIII : 08-12-2007 at 10:15 AM.
SentryIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 04-20-2007, 04:31 AM   #2
Rising_Dusk
Obscurity, the Art

Projects Director
Project Leader: OD

Submissions (27)

Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)

Hero Contest #3 - 1st PlaceApproved Map: Desert of ExileApproved Map: Advent of the ZenithHero Contest #2 - 1st PlaceHero Contest - Third place>

Send a message via AIM to Rising_Dusk Send a message via MSN to Rising_Dusk

Wouldn't this be considered a WC3 hack?
I'm fairly sure it is, and that alone will kill any chance of approval it might have ever had.
Old 04-20-2007, 05:15 AM   #3
Pyrogasm
Lackadaisically Absent.

Respected User

Submissions (9)

Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)

Hero Contest - Fourth place

Send a message via ICQ to Pyrogasm Send a message via AIM to Pyrogasm Send a message via MSN to Pyrogasm Send a message via Yahoo to Pyrogasm

That, and: are you the original creator? I'm sure I've seen a fair share of Refreshing Programs out there, how do I know you didn't just submit one of them as your work?
Your spells are mostly ignored because they are not very cool so we aren't very excited to review/approve them, but you are incredibly persistent and won't give us an excuse to graveyard it. That is generally what results in a resource being ignored for a long time.

The Spell Request Thread Done for, unless someone else wants to revive it...
It lasted a damn long time.

Please; Ask for Help Appropriately

Quote:
Originally posted by Kyrbi0
Huh. Almost makes me wish I had a girlfriend, to take advantage of today (wait, no, that's not what I meant... I mean, take advantage of the fact that it is international women's day... gah, never mind).
Quote:
Originally posted by Pyrogasm
Rome may not have been built in a day, but the Romans sure as hell didn't say "look at this great city we built guys!" when they had nothing more than a bit of stone and some cottages.
Pyrogasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 05:58 AM   #4
sansui
I iz sexy.

Submissions (6)

sansui will become famous soon enough (50)sansui will become famous soon enough (50)

She has the source code... and its sentry.
And its not a hack.

Last edited by sansui : 04-20-2007 at 05:58 AM.
sansui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 06:14 AM   #5
Pyrogasm
Lackadaisically Absent.

Respected User

Submissions (9)

Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)

Hero Contest - Fourth place

Send a message via ICQ to Pyrogasm Send a message via AIM to Pyrogasm Send a message via MSN to Pyrogasm Send a message via Yahoo to Pyrogasm

Quote:
Originally Posted by sansui
She has the source code...
Wow, I need to read more often.
Your spells are mostly ignored because they are not very cool so we aren't very excited to review/approve them, but you are incredibly persistent and won't give us an excuse to graveyard it. That is generally what results in a resource being ignored for a long time.

The Spell Request Thread Done for, unless someone else wants to revive it...
It lasted a damn long time.

Please; Ask for Help Appropriately

Quote:
Originally posted by Kyrbi0
Huh. Almost makes me wish I had a girlfriend, to take advantage of today (wait, no, that's not what I meant... I mean, take advantage of the fact that it is international women's day... gah, never mind).
Quote:
Originally posted by Pyrogasm
Rome may not have been built in a day, but the Romans sure as hell didn't say "look at this great city we built guys!" when they had nothing more than a bit of stone and some cottages.
Pyrogasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 06:18 AM   #6
Kam
User

Kam will become famous soon enough (32)Kam will become famous soon enough (32)

This is a legit program like banlist. Blizzard does not care about things other than binary injection hacks.

I need help with AI for my project, please post if you are interested.
Kam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 12:29 PM   #7
Rising_Dusk
Obscurity, the Art

Projects Director

Submissions (27)

Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)

Hero Contest #3 - 1st PlaceApproved Map: Desert of ExileApproved Map: Advent of the ZenithHero Contest #2 - 1st PlaceHero Contest - Third place>

Quote:
And its not a hack.
Actually, wrong.
Quote:
This is a legit program like banlist.
Wrong again.

People get CDkeys muted and banned if they leave autorefresh or banlist on during a melee game.
If Blizzard cares enough to do that, it breaks EULA and wc3c rules.
This should be deleted.

Zoom (requires log in)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg EULA.JPG (81.7 KB, 1889 views)
Old 04-20-2007, 12:51 PM   #8
Vexorian
Free Software Terrorist

Technical Director

Submissions (37)

Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1060)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1060)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1060)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1060)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1060)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1060)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1060)

Hero Contest #3 - 2nd Place

Since this is not a cheat I will approve this since it might be useful, let people decide if they want to use and if there's a risk.

Other beloved tools like Grimoire are hacks and some of us use war3err for testing in multiplayer
Turns your simple code into something that is complicated enough to work.
Faster != more useful

Last edited by Vexorian : 04-20-2007 at 12:52 PM.
Vexorian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 12:59 PM   #9
Mezzer
:emote_grin:

Submissions (1)

Mezzer has a spectacular aura about (77)Mezzer has a spectacular aura about (77)Mezzer has a spectacular aura about (77)

Send a message via MSN to Mezzer Send a message via Yahoo to Mezzer

Just like Dusk said, they consider injecting anything a hack, however, they don't care if you use this in custom games, so you should point that out in the description above.
Old 04-20-2007, 01:17 PM   #10
Whitehorn
SPOON!

Respected User

Submissions (114)

Whitehorn is a name known to all (509)Whitehorn is a name known to all (509)Whitehorn is a name known to all (509)Whitehorn is a name known to all (509)Whitehorn is a name known to all (509)

Modding is illegal. BAN EVERYTHING.

Seriously, get your head out of your arse Duck.

Be excellent to each other.
Whitehorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 01:21 PM   #11
Vexorian
Free Software Terrorist

Technical Director

Submissions (37)

Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1060)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1060)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1060)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1060)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1060)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1060)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1060)

Hero Contest #3 - 2nd Place

I wouldn't phrase it like that but it is true, for a while I haven't seen a lot of tools that fulfill the EULA ...
Turns your simple code into something that is complicated enough to work.
Faster != more useful
Vexorian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 04:33 PM   #12
MaD[Lion]
MaD Da ViNci

Respected User

Submissions (10)

MaD[Lion] is a jewel in the rough (225)MaD[Lion] is a jewel in the rough (225)MaD[Lion] is a jewel in the rough (225)MaD[Lion] is a jewel in the rough (225)

pushing wc3 to its limit... tat is all tat is left to do.
Timing SystemTiming system that simulates the usage of PolledWait just with 0.01 accuracy
MaD[Lion] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 04:54 PM   #13
Rising_Dusk
Obscurity, the Art

Projects Director

Submissions (27)

I expect banlist and custom kick to appear in the tools section next.
Seriously, grimoire modifies the world editor, which then recompiles the map's code into a usable form that WC3 likes.
I don't see any f*cking with BNet in that, whereas all of the others (Banlist, custom kick, and autorefresh) directly impact BNet and how it works.

This program should not be in the database as far as I am concerned.
I can't believe it would get approved.

Quote:
Seriously, get your head out of your arse Duck.
So because you disagree with me, my head is in my ass.
Your logic is infallable.

Last edited by Rising_Dusk : 04-20-2007 at 04:54 PM.
Rising_Dusk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 05:10 PM   #14
blu_da_noob
Nonchalant

Respected User

Submissions (2)

blu_da_noob is just really nice (398)blu_da_noob is just really nice (398)blu_da_noob is just really nice (398)blu_da_noob is just really nice (398)blu_da_noob is just really nice (398)blu_da_noob is just really nice (398)

[Quicksilver #2] - 2nd Place[Quicksilver#1] 1st place

Send a message via MSN to blu_da_noob

I think the key there might lie in "to modify Battle.net to change gameplay". I don't see a reason for blizzard to ban people for having them on in melee games, but it might just be some kind of 'zomg we don't know if it's maphack so we'll ban just in case'. I mean hey, we're not supposed to be able to access battle.net outside of the games available on it but there's nothing wrong with using stealthbot right?

And banlist/custom kick can impact other players (usually negatively) while this, if my understanding is correct, does not.

Last edited by blu_da_noob : 04-20-2007 at 05:12 PM.
blu_da_noob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 05:13 PM   #15
Rising_Dusk
Obscurity, the Art

Projects Director

Submissions (27)

Quote:
...but there's nothing wrong with using stealthbot right?
You make a valid point.
I guess this doesn't actually modify gameplay...
But still, it's iffy.