wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Tutorials > 2D Art Tutorials (Skinning)
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Old 05-02-2006, 04:12 PM   #1
Travinkel
Kuztom

Submissions (2)

Travinkel will become famous soon enough (48)Travinkel will become famous soon enough (48)

Default Simple Metal Shading

This is a very simple way to add an astonishing look to metal, it fits very well with the style of warcraft. And seriously, looks so darn good I feel like eating it.

This is a very simple way of painting a good looking metal (or obsidian). I'm not explaining anything in the video, but I probably will in the next. Bottom line is, you won't get to hear my sexy voice this time.

Pay close attention to how I paint it, it's simple, and it's quality.

Disregard the red painting at the end of the tutorial. I was just experimenting.

----------------------------------------
Quote:
If you've got a query, do not hesitate to either PM me, post here , send an Email or contact me in any way. Come on, I won't bite.

You need WinRAR, WinZIP, or anything capable of opening RAR files. Here's a link to winRAR: http://www.rarlab.com/

Attached Files
File Type: rar Metal.rar (707.8 KB, 399 views)

Last edited by Travinkel : 05-04-2006 at 11:10 AM.
Travinkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 05-06-2006, 01:20 PM   #2
Thunder_Eye
Lol I got a custom title!

Thunder_Eye has a spectacular aura about (88)Thunder_Eye has a spectacular aura about (88)Thunder_Eye has a spectacular aura about (88)

It shows upside down for me :S
Old 05-06-2006, 01:41 PM   #3
TDR
♪♫

Modeling & Gallery Moderator

Submissions (84)

TDR has much to be proud of (701)TDR has much to be proud of (701)TDR has much to be proud of (701)TDR has much to be proud of (701)TDR has much to be proud of (701)

Hero Contest #2 - 3rd PlaceConcept art session 6 - Sea dwellersModeling session 3 - Critters

your codecs are skrewed up then
Old 05-06-2006, 01:46 PM   #4
Travinkel
Kuztom

Submissions (2)

Travinkel will become famous soon enough (48)Travinkel will become famous soon enough (48)

Finally someone replying. I've just been sitting here, with a finger up my ass, waiting for some replies.

Comments? Questions? (queries sounds better) Anything?
Old 05-06-2006, 03:03 PM   #5
Thunder_Eye

Thunder_Eye has a spectacular aura about (88)Thunder_Eye has a spectacular aura about (88)Thunder_Eye has a spectacular aura about (88)

Well it looked good, pretty hard to judge when I saw it upsidedown :/
Old 05-06-2006, 03:11 PM   #6
TDR
♪♫

Submissions (84)

TDR has much to be proud of (701)TDR has much to be proud of (701)TDR has much to be proud of (701)TDR has much to be proud of (701)TDR has much to be proud of (701)

Hero Contest #2 - 3rd PlaceConcept art session 6 - Sea dwellersModeling session 3 - Critters

I say, this is very good, well done :). It' a good tutorial, none the less.

Thunder_Eye, as I said, your codecs are skrewed up. Get some new ones.
Old 05-06-2006, 03:13 PM   #7
Thunder_Eye

Well this have never accured before.
If it happens again I'll fix it, I currently dont have any time ;P
Old 05-06-2006, 06:27 PM   #8
Travinkel
Kuztom

Submissions (2)

Nice, thanks. I thought that even though it lacks my (truly awe-inspiring sexy) voice, it'd still help you guys out. It might make some ideas spring to your mind. The outcome is pretty neat. I think the same technique used here, could be applied to a glass texture.
Old 05-11-2006, 10:32 PM   #9
Tim.
Missing You All at Wc3c

Site Owner

Submissions (18)

Tim. is a name known to all (502)Tim. is a name known to all (502)Tim. is a name known to all (502)Tim. is a name known to all (502)Tim. is a name known to all (502)

Approved Map: PiratesSpell making session 3 winner

I'll approve this for you, nice work.

Avast! Seen Pirates? Get it here!
Tim. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2006, 12:32 PM   #10
TDR
♪♫

Submissions (84)

oh, and remember people: if you don't have a tablet, you can always use the technique in my tutorial (link in my sig) and apply it here