wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Town Hall > WC3C News
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Old 04-09-2006, 12:16 AM   #1
Tim.
Missing You All at Wc3c

Site Owner

Submissions (18)

Tim. is a name known to all (503)Tim. is a name known to all (503)Tim. is a name known to all (503)Tim. is a name known to all (503)Tim. is a name known to all (503)

Approved Map: PiratesSpell making session 3 winner

Default Resource Submission Rules & Guidelines

A new set of Resource Submission rules have been drafted by the staff over the past week, please be sure to read them before submitting resources. There are a few rules added that we did not have before, so I highly suggest reading them through. All resources from this point forward that do not follow the criteria outlined will not be approved.

Read them here.

Avast! Seen Pirates? Get it here!
Tim. is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 04-09-2006, 12:21 AM   #2
shadow1500
STARCRAFT II OMFG

Submissions (9)

shadow1500 is just really nice (306)shadow1500 is just really nice (306)shadow1500 is just really nice (306)

Send a message via ICQ to shadow1500 Send a message via AIM to shadow1500 Send a message via MSN to shadow1500

I get a "invalid thread specified" for some reason.
shadow1500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2006, 12:24 AM   #3
Tim.
Missing You All at Wc3c

Site Owner

Submissions (18)

Tim. is a name known to all (503)Tim. is a name known to all (503)Tim. is a name known to all (503)Tim. is a name known to all (503)Tim. is a name known to all (503)

That's because you are using a different time zone. I fixed it now so everyone can see it.

Old 04-09-2006, 01:19 AM   #4
iNfraNe
PhD

Cinematics Moderator

Submissions (7)

iNfraNe is just really nice (266)iNfraNe is just really nice (266)iNfraNe is just really nice (266)iNfraNe is just really nice (266)iNfraNe is just really nice (266)

Approved Map: Mortar Ball

Send a message via MSN to iNfraNe

Quote:
Tools that contain viruses, too many bugs or generally are not useful will not be accepted
lol. ^^

Anyway, seems like a common sense list to me :)
The Spirit of Vengeance (Cinematic, Blizzard contest winner)
Elimination Tournament
Mortar Ball
iNfraNe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2006, 08:01 AM   #5
TDR
♪♫

Modeling & Gallery Moderator

Submissions (84)

TDR has much to be proud of (701)TDR has much to be proud of (701)TDR has much to be proud of (701)TDR has much to be proud of (701)TDR has much to be proud of (701)

Hero Contest #2 - 3rd PlaceConcept art session 6 - Sea dwellersModeling session 3 - Critters

well yeah, but many people lack common sense.
Old 04-09-2006, 10:00 AM   #6
Anitarf
Procrastination Incarnate

Development Director

Submissions (19)

Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)

2008 Spell olympics - Fire - SilverApproved Map: Old School Alliance TacticsHero Contest #2 - 3rd PlaceSpell making session 2 winner

One thing I find many models lack is information on how to implement them on a unit: information like animation-move speed, damage point, attack backswing, cast point, cast backswing...
Old 04-09-2006, 10:22 AM   #7
TDR
♪♫

Submissions (84)

TDR has much to be proud of (701)TDR has much to be proud of (701)TDR has much to be proud of (701)TDR has much to be proud of (701)TDR has much to be proud of (701)

Hero Contest #2 - 3rd PlaceConcept art session 6 - Sea dwellersModeling session 3 - Critters

hmm...yeah, I kinda missed that...
Old 04-09-2006, 11:31 AM   #8
Tim.
Missing You All at Wc3c

Site Owner

Submissions (18)

Want me to add it?

Old 04-09-2006, 11:36 AM   #9
TDR
♪♫

Submissions (84)

aye, sure
Old 04-09-2006, 12:24 PM   #10
HatewarE
Untrve Swamplord

Submissions (5)

HatewarE will become famous soon enough (52)HatewarE will become famous soon enough (52)

Send a message via ICQ to HatewarE Send a message via MSN to HatewarE

If you also add a description how to figure all those points and stuff out... (for the n00bs like me)

woho, started new map project... haven't thought I would touch the WE ever again...
HatewarE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2006, 01:40 PM   #11
Tim.
Missing You All at Wc3c

Site Owner

Submissions (18)

Guess and test is the only way I know of.

Added.
  • General unit information should be included. (Animation-move speed, damage point, attack backswing, cast point, cast backswing, etc.)

Old 04-09-2006, 02:12 PM   #12
blu_da_noob
Nonchalant

Respected User

Submissions (2)

blu_da_noob is just really nice (398)blu_da_noob is just really nice (398)blu_da_noob is just really nice (398)blu_da_noob is just really nice (398)blu_da_noob is just really nice (398)blu_da_noob is just really nice (398)

[Quicksilver #2] - 2nd Place[Quicksilver#1] 1st place

Send a message via MSN to blu_da_noob

You don't have anything about triggered systems. Some of the spell ones do apply, but there may be other to add for systems. I suggest a main heading with something like "Triggered Submissions" with the ones that apply to both (memory leaks, etc), then sub-sections with the things relevant to that section alone.
blu_da_noob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2006, 09:49 AM   #13
olofmoleman
Baron Grunwald is.

Texturing Moderator

Submissions (106)

olofmoleman has a brilliant future (953)olofmoleman has a brilliant future (953)olofmoleman has a brilliant future (953)olofmoleman has a brilliant future (953)olofmoleman has a brilliant future (953)

Approved Map: Jurassic ExplorationSmiley contest 1st, 2nd and 3rd place.Skinning Competetion #4 - FallenSkinning Competetion #4 - Atoned

Quote:
attack backswing, cast point, cast backswing,
What is that anyway? position of spell casting effects or something?

Olof Moleman AKA Lord Trilobite
My Wc3c Resources

I'm not doing requests, don't pm me about it

~The Arch-enemy of Mc!~
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rao Dao Zao
Olof always speaks true.
olofmoleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2006, 11:17 AM   #14
Rao Dao Zao
www.raodaozao.net

MDL & Resource Moderator

Submissions (27)

Rao Dao Zao has a brilliant future (822)Rao Dao Zao has a brilliant future (822)Rao Dao Zao has a brilliant future (822)Rao Dao Zao has a brilliant future (822)Rao Dao Zao has a brilliant future (822)Rao Dao Zao has a brilliant future (822)Rao Dao Zao has a brilliant future (822)

Approved Map: When the Freedom Slips Away

Send a message via MSN to Rao Dao Zao

I don't know what the backswings are, but damage point is either the release of the projectile or when the damage is dealt. Presumably cast point is the same except for spells. That's fine, but walk/run speeds are the devil to work out. You have to spend hours tweaking, and it changes depending on the unit scaling and actual movement speed.
Old 04-10-2006, 02:25 PM   #15
HatewarE
Untrve Swamplord

Submissions (5)

HatewarE will become famous soon enough (52)HatewarE will become famous soon enough (52)

Send a message via ICQ to HatewarE Send a message via MSN to HatewarE

damn... then someone who knows should post it in the tutorial section or wherever...

woho, started new map project... haven't thought I would touch the WE ever again...
HatewarE is offline   Reply With Quote