wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Warcraft III Modding > Project Discussion > Map / Campaign Projects
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 04-09-2006, 10:06 PM   #1
knutz
User

Submissions (3)

knutz will become famous soon enough (44)knutz will become famous soon enough (44)

Default 4-Way laugh at DotA

Yes, OK, I'm one of those who likes to take a perfectly good strategy game and turn it into a shoot-em-up. But unlike many I actually like DotA. There was only one thing I hated about it - ONLY 2 TEAMS!!! So I'm making a map Human v Night-Elf v Orc v Undead.

I'm also having a laugh at DotA. My map's called AotD - Attack of the Drunks, and most of the items for sale are alcoholic drinks that do funny things to the heros.

I'm also including a hero-test area where if only 1 player is active, they can type in a code to kill the game and just pick a hero to test against a bombardment of creeps.

Terrain and game-play is done, just adding heros now (would like to start with 9 for each race. Orcs done, Undead, 1 to go, Night elves - only 4 so far and Humans 5) and fixing some bugs with game-play options (All-Play and Re-pick) so should be ready for testing in about a month (as I have a day job and don't know much about JASS (am learning heaps though) and my wife is an internet junkie so my time is limited.)

What I will need then is volunteers to test the map for issues (spelling mistakes in tool-tips, hot-key issues, balance of heros, general fun levels). Would anyone be interested in giving it a go?

PS: I know it's not an original idea but here's the thing: How many original ideas are there? Many are based on what went before.

My Project

My Spells

Last edited by knutz : 05-02-2006 at 03:35 AM.
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 04-09-2006, 10:32 PM   #2
Immoralis
Working on AoBM

Submissions (2)

Immoralis will become famous soon enough (47)Immoralis will become famous soon enough (47)

Send a message via AIM to Immoralis Send a message via MSN to Immoralis

i have my doubts people are willing to spend thier time making a make just to get at dota, you realize if you have 4 teams with creeps, then each team is 2 players? that is not appealing to mostif not all aos players, along with the fact that the theme of this is acohol...
Old 04-09-2006, 11:03 PM   #3
knutz
User

Submissions (3)

knutz will become famous soon enough (44)knutz will become famous soon enough (44)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Immoralis
i have my doubts people are willing to spend thier time making a make just to get at dota, you realize if you have 4 teams with creeps, then each team is 2 players? that is not appealing to mostif not all aos players, along with the fact that the theme of this is acohol...

2 players covering 3 lanes does make it a bit more of a challenge though. As for the alcahol aspect, well you do choose them from a tavern, and alcohol has been known to start a fight.

But I reckon I could always add a 2 team mode in which destroys 2 of the camps. Of course the teams would then be 4 v 4.

My Project

My Spells

Last edited by knutz : 05-02-2006 at 03:34 AM.
Old 04-10-2006, 09:35 PM   #4
Chriz.
Vast Graphics Animator

Project Leader: WotTH

Submissions (17)

Chriz. has a brilliant future (831)Chriz. has a brilliant future (831)Chriz. has a brilliant future (831)Chriz. has a brilliant future (831)Chriz. has a brilliant future (831)Chriz. has a brilliant future (831)Chriz. has a brilliant future (831)

Hero Contest #2 - 2nd PlaceSkinning Competetion #3 - Elementals

Why not be original and just have three teams but have them different than generic races, such as Pandarean (the ultimate drunks) and then possibly goblins or something, stuff like that. It would be a lot more enjoyable and original than so many teams cluttering up the place.
Old 04-10-2006, 11:12 PM   #5
knutz
User

Submissions (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chriz.
Why not be original and just have three teams but have them different than generic races, such as Pandarean (the ultimate drunks) and then possibly goblins or something, stuff like that. It would be a lot more enjoyable and original than so many teams cluttering up the place.

Good idea. Bit tricky to even out the playing field, but gives bigger teams. The Brewmaster would love the Ye Olde Bottle Shoppe items for sale.

Another thing I did to make it interesting is instead of shops at the base, there's just a waygate to the market place. Every team buys from the same shops. If 2 enemies enter the area, 10 hostiles pour out of the tavern for a brawl.

My Project

My Spells

Last edited by knutz : 04-10-2006 at 11:15 PM.
Old 04-11-2006, 08:33 AM   #6
Hyarion
User

Hyarion is on a distinguished road (14)

It worries me that no-one in this thread knows how to spell "Alcohol". Even a guy who's making a map themed around it.
Please consult a dictionary, for all our sakes.

Last edited by Hyarion : 04-11-2006 at 08:34 AM.
Old 04-13-2006, 02:41 PM   #7
MindWorX
Level 1 Neothelid

Tools Moderator

Submissions (2)

MindWorX has a spectacular aura about (147)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyarion
It worries me that no-one in this thread knows how to spell "Alcohol". Even a guy who's making a map themed around it.
Please consult a dictionary, for all our sakes.
IT worries me that you go offtopic for something like that...

Map sounds great, but i think they're right, it should be 3v3v3 instead of 2v2v2v2... :)
Old 04-13-2006, 04:58 PM   #8
Chriz.
Vast Graphics Animator

Project Leader: WotTH

Submissions (17)

Chriz. has a brilliant future (831)Chriz. has a brilliant future (831)Chriz. has a brilliant future (831)Chriz. has a brilliant future (831)Chriz. has a brilliant future (831)Chriz. has a brilliant future (831)Chriz. has a brilliant future (831)

Hero Contest #2 - 2nd PlaceSkinning Competetion #3 - Elementals

Alcohol.

I like the brawl idea, make them big burly dwarves with the "drunk" effect swirling above their heads.
Old 04-18-2006, 02:08 AM   #9
Exilus
User

Exilus has little to show at this moment (6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by knutz
PS: I know it's not an original idea but here's the thing: How many original ideas are there? Many are based on what went before.

yeah, but another AoS is SERIOUSLY the LEAST original idea anyone can have....so many AoS maps...

look's funny,tough! i hope you bring it out soon so i can Beta Test it.
Old 04-18-2006, 04:01 AM   #10
samir555
User

samir555 has little to show at this moment (0)

Send a message via AIM to samir555

I think it sounds good but why not add like AI heros to add to the fun like as another mode of gameplay. BTW I LOve the part about the alchohol thing.

Beware what your about to see is nothing ever witnessed before.
ULTRA TOP SECRETHIDDEN

YAY FOR WOS; WORLD OF STARCRAFT

2000 Marine Defence

OMG FREE BEER!!!
Old 04-18-2006, 05:22 AM   #11
knutz
User

Submissions (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exilus
yeah, but another AoS is SERIOUSLY the LEAST original idea anyone can have....so many AoS maps...

look's funny,tough! i hope you bring it out soon so i can Beta Test it.

Only a few heroes to go, then I'll JASSify as many triggers as I can

My Project

My Spells
Old 04-18-2006, 05:24 AM   #12
knutz
User

Submissions (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by samir555
I think it sounds good but why not add like AI heros to add to the fun like as another mode of gameplay. BTW I LOve the part about the alchohol thing.

Only just started learning JASS.
When balance is sorted, I'll learn some AI scripting, or maybe open it up for some project helpers to give it a go.

My Project

My Spells
Old 04-19-2006, 07:12 PM   #13
Soultaker
User

Soultaker is on a distinguished road (11)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exilus

Well, I have tried pretty many original ideas so far, but if you want a map that people will rehost on battlenet, it has to be easy to learn and hard to master. An AoS comes in perfect in that concept, as noobs can play it too, but it's really difficult to play it perfectly.

- Soultaker
Old 04-19-2006, 10:09 PM   #14
erwtenpeller
*****istrator

Art Director

Submissions (35)

erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (927)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (927)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (927)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (927)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (927)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (927)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (927)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (927)

Skinning Contest 7 ~ Were-AnimalsConcept art session 3 - Dungeon

a map called "Attack of the Drunks" Should be Pandas vs. Dwarves, in a pub setting.
Old 04-19-2006, 10:29 PM   #15
Murloc Lover
Now with more slime

Murloc Lover will become famous soon enough (58)Murloc Lover will become famous soon enough (58)

Send a message via MSN to Murloc Lover

/agree.

Since when were undeads and night elves ever cool enough to even be drunk.
Closed Thread