wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Ghost Forums > Map Database
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Old 04-24-2006, 09:48 PM   #31
KrewL RaiN
Custom User Title

Project Member: OD

Submissions (5)

KrewL RaiN has a spectacular aura about (122)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karawasa
I totally agree that when Naga leave, you are fucked. A team of 2 Naga have no chance versus like 6+ fish, provided the fish are decent.

I also agree that being Naga has some sort of stigma to it. Its because Tags in general have in common the fact that hunters are usually boring. People don't know that in this game they can use insane stuff like Fish Hook or Blink Dagger.

How to alleviate this problem, is something I am unsure of.

Btw, I am introducing a third mode. This mode is called short mode. It makes the game 15 min long, doubles all gold income, doubles xp for Naga and halves Fish structure hp. Hopefully this will help for the Naga without patience.

That thrid mode sounds crazy hehe.

And yes, all games i have joined public naga team members leave. I do see this map hosted somtimes, and if its the updated verson i join and hope the naga players dont leave TT

Yeah i also see your view on impatent naga players. To play hunter you do need patence. Alot of the hiders taunt alot, which totaly ticks some players off....its kinda funny they actualy listen to that nonsence. They try it on me but they dont get too far lol xD they called me meduca bitch, taunting me cause i was actualy killing fish and there like all ticked off about it wtf xD
Old 04-25-2006, 03:21 AM   #32
Karawasa
Element Tower Defense

Submissions (2)

Karawasa has a spectacular aura about (78)Karawasa has a spectacular aura about (78)Karawasa has a spectacular aura about (78)

Approved Map: Tropical TagApproved Map: Element TD

Send a message via AIM to Karawasa Send a message via MSN to Karawasa

I don't know how to prevent Naga leavers though. You get these idiots who never visit the item shop or who are not willing to wait 5-10 min to get their first godly item. Any suggestions welcome.

Also:

Alright a friend suggested the following idea:

Start off each Fish with a certain amount of food, say 150. Every second the Fish lose 1 food. When food reaches 0 they die. Every 5 seconds or so a food pickup is spawned for each fish. This pickup adds lets say 30 food.

Now, what this would do is force fish to move around a little. They can still mass a base etc. but have to occasionally leave it to get food.

I was thinking of implementing it as a 'Mode,' and testing it out before actually putting it into the main game.

Thoughts?

Element Tower Defense - Premier WC3 Custom Game
Karawasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 03:32 AM   #33
Rinpun
User

Rinpun has little to show at this moment (9)

That could get a little hairy in some spots.

I suggest you consider making some triggers and stuff based on the ratio between the hunters and fish. Say, the fish could only build a number of buildings equal to some number times the number of hunters divided by the number of fish. That way, the more hunters you have and the least fish, the more buildings you get to build. Of course, you'd have to choose a very decent number of towers in some spots, because a full house will halve that number of buildings that can be built (and that would make it too easy for hunters) while having two hunters versus six fish would actually reduce the number _less_, as the ratio would be 1/3 instead of 1/2. So, you'd want to try to find a good number that could be incremented.

In fact, you may even consider making some abilities more potent when there are more fishies around and less hunters. There are many possibilities to that kind of balancing.
Rinpun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 03:36 AM   #34
KrewL RaiN
Custom User Title

Submissions (5)

Quote:
Start off each Fish with a certain amount of food, say 150. Every second the Fish lose 1 food. When food reaches 0 they die. Every 5 seconds or so a food pickup is spawned for each fish. This pickup adds lets say 30 food.

Now, what this would do is force fish to move around a little. They can still mass a base etc. but have to occasionally leave it to get food.

I was thinking of implementing it as a 'Mode,' and testing it out before actually putting it into the main game.

That is an interesting idea, i would make it a mode first and test it out with the public first before desiding anything

As for naga leavers, its like that for all tags with the hunter roll. Totaly ruins a game, like leavers in anygame

I too dunno what to suggest, mabie a dialog poping up to point out the shops with a ping, or tips in the quest menu on naga and fish stragegies. But then again, people dont read ><

I have made a tag map years ago, and I ran into similar issues. The hunters get fed up or just dunno what to do and leave, but if there totaly owning there a happy hunter. People like to win the easy way or somthing =/

Gotta love the general bnet croud *sarcasm*

Last edited by KrewL RaiN : 04-25-2006 at 03:38 AM.
KrewL RaiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 05:04 AM   #35
emjlr3
Rehabbing

Submissions (14)

emjlr3 is a jewel in the rough (151)emjlr3 is a jewel in the rough (151)

Mapping Contest First Place

Send a message via AIM to emjlr3 Send a message via MSN to emjlr3

its official, 8v1 as a hunter is a no go
Old 04-25-2006, 06:57 AM   #36
Karawasa
Element Tower Defense

Submissions (2)

Karawasa has a spectacular aura about (78)Karawasa has a spectacular aura about (78)Karawasa has a spectacular aura about (78)

Hey Gadden and others I need a little help.

I want to introduce a spear throwing skill for the Sea Giant. It seems that out of all the Naga, he is the most boring.

It will kill on hit but will be hard to aim. If we could test it sometime, would be nice :).

Secondly, for the gold coin mode, right now it spawns a 100 gold coin every 5 seconds for each fish in the game. Sounds good or should it be 3.75 sec? 2.5?

Thanks Gadden and others!

Last edited by Karawasa : 04-25-2006 at 08:52 AM.
Old 04-25-2006, 08:06 AM   #37
C-A-G-E
User

C-A-G-E has little to show at this moment (0)

I found a flaw in the latest version.

When i was playing as Water Elemental I tried to run into the waterfall and got teleported back. i tried again and i got teleported back again. when i tried the 3rd time i got teleported into the waterfall and got stuck. i couldnt get out or use the water jump thing to get out so i was stuck the entire rest of the game.
C-A-G-E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 08:53 AM   #38
Karawasa
Element Tower Defense

Submissions (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by C-A-G-E
I found a flaw in the latest version.

When i was playing as Water Elemental I tried to run into the waterfall and got teleported back. i tried again and i got teleported back again. when i tried the 3rd time i got teleported into the waterfall and got stuck. i couldnt get out or use the water jump thing to get out so i was stuck the entire rest of the game.

Heh, the problem is that you are trying to blink somewhere abusable :). No worries though, I have the solution to the problem for 2.5

Old 04-25-2006, 03:34 PM   #39
KrewL RaiN
Custom User Title

Submissions (5)

Always good to test for terrain exploits though even if they may bite back =P
Old 04-25-2006, 05:10 PM   #40
Karawasa
Element Tower Defense

Submissions (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrewL RaiN
Always good to test for terrain exploits though even if they may bite back =P
Ya I did. His problem is that my terrain exploit trigger failed him. What it does currently is if you blink into an abusable area it moves you away in random direction. Apparently, it didn't move him far enough or in the right direction.

Either way, I have it resolved now! You abusers won't have to worry about it anymore

Old 04-26-2006, 02:54 AM   #41
KrewL RaiN
Custom User Title

Submissions (5)

Terrain exploit at top left of the map, beside that one way in out structure. A fog squeezed in the trees there and built a gold thinger. Took a ward and fishing hook to finaly find him and kill him

verson was 2.4b
Old 04-26-2006, 08:46 PM   #42
Karawasa
Element Tower Defense

Submissions (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrewL RaiN
Terrain exploit at top left of the map, beside that one way in out structure. A fog squeezed in the trees there and built a gold thinger. Took a ward and fishing hook to finaly find him and kill him

verson was 2.4b

Normal trees or those custom palm trees? Normal trees can be attacked.

Also, here is the changelog that I have for version 2.5. I will be releasing it around Friday so some changes might take place, but overall at least you will see these things:

*Current* Changelog:

-Added in three game modes, -coin, -short and -flag
-All tooltips enhanced with color
-Custom sound events added
-Slight buffs to Naga XP and Gold gain
-Fixed another terrain issue, also redid blink abuse handeling
-Fixed wisps blocking Naga in Jail
-Undid epic strike nerf
-Slightly slowed down Naga Tracer trail, nerfed CD
-Buffed speed of Wave Jump
-Replaced Overpower with Throw Spear
-Buffed Blades of Attack and Gloves of Haste slightly
-Increased Fish Hook speed slightly
-Changed Temporal Shift
-Increased cost of upgrading corals, reduced build time

Any questions or comments feel free.

Last edited by Karawasa : 04-26-2006 at 09:00 PM.
Old 04-27-2006, 05:28 AM   #43
KrewL RaiN
Custom User Title

Submissions (5)

oh norm trees can be attacked, didnt know that =P
Old 04-27-2006, 08:48 PM   #44
Mystic Prophet
User

Mystic Prophet is on a distinguished road (16)

Send a message via AIM to Mystic Prophet Send a message via MSN to Mystic Prophet

ok. I've noticed that with the witch. you use up a lot of mana, especially when you've just got hit by feedback towers, it'll take about 3 minutes of not using spells to get it back. Is there anyway to increase mana faster?

Secondly, I find that with frogs in the game, it would be helpful if instead of destroying any wards you make past the fourth. you would destroy the first ward made. this would make wards more useful and stop nagas without reveal from having to buy so many flares.

BTW, as far as naga go, i have yet to lose a game with the revenant (but thats mostly cause people dont expect it, and usually play with my friend whose also quite good). i find the game requires a good balance of revenants and one of the two nagas that can reveal. the sea giant is mostly for bashing down buildings quickly, which is never a good stragedy in any tag game to constantly attack buildings. (though it does provide good income)

oh ya come to think of it with the revenant comment, i havent lost a naga game period except for one when the 3rd naga left and it was me as witch and an unexperienced crusher against 7-8 fish. (and my speakers were unplugged with the cord tangled up somewhere in a bunch of other cords, and not having sound drives me crazy)

Last edited by Mystic Prophet : 04-27-2006 at 08:53 PM.
Mystic Prophet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 11:22 PM   #45
Karawasa
Element Tower Defense

Submissions (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystic Prophet
ok. I've noticed that with the witch. you use up a lot of mana, especially when you've just got hit by feedback towers, it'll take about 3 minutes of not using spells to get it back. Is there anyway to increase mana faster?

Secondly, I find that with frogs in the game, it would be helpful if instead of destroying any wards you make past the fourth. you would destroy the first ward made. this would make wards more useful and stop nagas without reveal from having to buy so many flares.

BTW, as far as naga go, i have yet to lose a game with the revenant (but thats mostly cause people dont expect it, and usually play with my friend whose also quite good). i find the game requires a good balance of revenants and one of the two nagas that can reveal. the sea giant is mostly for bashing down buildings quickly, which is never a good stragedy in any tag game to constantly attack buildings. (though it does provide good income)

oh ya come to think of it with the revenant comment, i havent lost a naga game period except for one when the 3rd naga left and it was me as witch and an unexperienced crusher against 7-8 fish. (and my speakers were unplugged with the cord tangled up somewhere in a bunch of other cords, and not having sound drives me crazy)

The Aura Horn item provides a mana regen bonus.

The reason behind making it destroy future wards and not past ones is to prevent ward abuse. If it destroyed the first one created, people could spam wards everywhere and invis things would be worthless. Although, I will probably buff flares.

The Sea Giant is by far the most one directional of the Naga at the moment. Don't worry, version 2.5 featuring Throw Spear is going to change that :). And yes, its good to have 1-2 revenants and 1-2 reveal people.

I also almost always win as Naga, but I also always win as Fish too lol :(. I am glad to hear you like to play Naga, and you seem good. For some reason people new to the game thing that hunters will be boring like they are in other tags. I love meeting people who have realized otherwise.

PS: I am looking to replace that Elvenmail armor item with something cool and crazy (Like Fish Hook). Any ideas?

Also, any things you would like to see changed about the Naga themselves?