wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Ghost Forums > Map Database
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Old 04-10-2006, 08:29 PM   #16
Karawasa
Element Tower Defense

Submissions (2)

Karawasa has a spectacular aura about (78)Karawasa has a spectacular aura about (78)Karawasa has a spectacular aura about (78)

Approved Map: Tropical TagApproved Map: Element TD

Send a message via AIM to Karawasa Send a message via MSN to Karawasa

So, does anyone have any suggestions about things they would like to see in 2.4?

Balance, new content etc..

Element Tower Defense - Premier WC3 Custom Game
Karawasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 04-10-2006, 08:42 PM   #17
Tim.
Missing You All at Wc3c

Site Owner

Submissions (18)

Tim. is a name known to all (502)Tim. is a name known to all (502)Tim. is a name known to all (502)Tim. is a name known to all (502)Tim. is a name known to all (502)

Approved Map: PiratesSpell making session 3 winner

I was able to surround the entire centeral camp with stun and attack towers. Maybe there should be an attack tower cap.

Avast! Seen Pirates? Get it here!
Tim. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 08:07 AM   #18
GaDDeN
Map Dev *********

Respected User

Submissions (3)

GaDDeN has a spectacular aura about (93)GaDDeN has a spectacular aura about (93)GaDDeN has a spectacular aura about (93)GaDDeN has a spectacular aura about (93)

Approved Map: EliminationApproved Map: Stand of the PeonsApproved Map: Elimination Tournament

I don't understand... Are you saying the Naga were trapped in there? I mean, from what i've seen the Naga could easily blow a hole through that kind of defense with some spells.
GaDDeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2006, 05:17 PM   #19
Karawasa
Element Tower Defense

Submissions (2)

Karawasa has a spectacular aura about (78)Karawasa has a spectacular aura about (78)Karawasa has a spectacular aura about (78)

I will be releasing 2.4 tonight.

Old 04-17-2006, 10:29 PM   #20
paidan_fain
User

paidan_fain has little to show at this moment (6)

Great Game. Totally blows Sheep Tag. There are three things I'd like to note:

1)The frog seems a little too good with permanent invisibility. I feel that instead that the frog should have a really large jump. This stems from the fact that I realize the naga can easily reveal and find the frog. However, that takes time and trying to capture that last minute frog before he frees everyone is a pain in the ass.

2)After the "critter" minigame ends, it continues spawning for 5 -6 more seconds. Really just an aesthetic problem but anyway...

3) The teleport on the witch is a little too good. Instead, the teleport should work only when there is no fish within x distance of the target location.

~ Just a couple of suggestions~

BTW - Excellent Work
paidan_fain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006, 02:06 AM   #21
Karawasa
Element Tower Defense

Submissions (2)

Version 2.4 out!

-Fixed some terrain issues
-New cameras
-Fixed Naga Tracer
-Fixed countdown leaver endgame bug
-Reworked Curse of the Murloc (fixed the bug too)
-Reworked Frog
-Reworked Wisps
-Introduced new mandatory teamplay item for Naga
-Increased role of Gold Bank Reveal(Now lvl 2, lvl 3 and 4 % higher)
-Reduced CD on Naga Tracer
-Buffed Lvl 3 and Lvl 4 Gold Farms
-Removed Minigame
-Buffed Water Elementals Attack
-Buffed Cloak of Flames to 25 damage
-Nerfed Ice Shards damage to 100/200/300 from 100/225/350

Last edited by Karawasa : 04-18-2006 at 05:36 AM.
Old 04-19-2006, 04:41 AM   #22
KrewL RaiN
Custom User Title

Project Member: OD

Submissions (5)

KrewL RaiN has a spectacular aura about (122)

Ok this site be more up to date on things, will grab that new verson for way too many issues in the older ones. I do like this tag map alot though so keep up the good work =)
Old 04-20-2006, 03:06 AM   #23
Karawasa
Element Tower Defense

Submissions (2)

Tropical Tag Version 2.4b released:

-Fixed image bug
-Fixed a few more terrain issues
-Nerfed turtle jump
-Balanced immolation
-Nerfed Debris Uproar
-Nerfed Epic Strike a little
-Nerfed various wisp spells slightly

Old 04-23-2006, 09:55 AM   #24
Karawasa
Element Tower Defense

Submissions (2)

Alright, for 2.5 I want to introduce game modes!

So far I have two modes:

Coin Mode: Gold banks are disabled completly. Instead, gold coins are spawned around the map randomly and these are the income for Fish.

Flag Mode: A flag is spawned. The Fish who picks it up gets insane cash flow. However, everyone becomes an enemy of the fish and gets vision of him.

But, I want more modes! So please, brainstorm ideas and let me hear your thoughts!

Old 04-24-2006, 04:13 AM   #25
KrewL RaiN
Custom User Title

Submissions (5)

This tag is suffereing from the same big issue as other tags which is no one wants to play the hunter. I play the hunters since i find the runners/hiders boring for me to play. If they get stuck as hunter they leave cause they dont want to looose. Seems the whole tag thing is just based on people just wanted to kick the hunters butts which is sad. They just want to win, so they pick the hider. Both sides need to be fun and i bet every tag creater has trouble with this trying to get people to play hunters

As a hunter player, i am finding this map impossible to win. Players can build unilimited gold vaults and towers and that people leave cause they dont wanna be the hunter. They just have to make a wall and we loose cause we get pwnt. I note you have stun towers at 5% stun which is good, but they also should be limited. Good vaults and Towers could relly use a build limit.

Skills like teleport, fishing hook and dagger of escape are still no match for these towers. Everygame is won cause we cant touch them. They just sit there in security taunting us for the rest of the game.

If i can ever get a good group of hunters to test there ballence againt the fish it would be easier to see how they fair. Ive only played the naga siren since she has reveal so i can spend my money on other things. I cold try more hunters, but this map is just way too hard on the hunting party and i get bored since im always stuck looking at a wall of towers which can slice me down in seconds. Nagas could blow holes in towers as you said, but when it comes to leavers, were screwed. My blizzard alone cant punch a whole threw those towers without getting nailed. Other naga may be more adept crushing stuff, seen the big naga myrmidon do some crazy damage.

The fishing hook item made a player leave aswell, he got rather ticked off, got him twice with it

Last edited by KrewL RaiN : 04-24-2006 at 04:30 AM.
KrewL RaiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2006, 06:39 AM   #26
emjlr3
Rehabbing

Submissions (14)

emjlr3 is a jewel in the rough (151)emjlr3 is a jewel in the rough (151)

Mapping Contest First Place

Send a message via AIM to emjlr3 Send a message via MSN to emjlr3

its so funny, Kara and I always destroy as hunters....I dont get it
Old 04-24-2006, 03:06 PM   #27
GaDDeN
Map Dev *********

Respected User

Submissions (3)

GaDDeN has a spectacular aura about (93)GaDDeN has a spectacular aura about (93)GaDDeN has a spectacular aura about (93)GaDDeN has a spectacular aura about (93)

Approved Map: EliminationApproved Map: Stand of the PeonsApproved Map: Elimination Tournament

Hes the creator. The creator usually wins his own map ^^

When i play hunter, i dont have a problem hunting down the fish. The problem is that i just have to camp the prison area. As soon as i leave the prison area they save and i have to start all over again.
GaDDeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2006, 06:19 PM   #28
KrewL RaiN
Custom User Title

Submissions (5)

Yes i can see you guys and the creators totaly crushing. I have no trouble locating the fish eather im spaming that reveal like nuts when i have it lvl 2 and higher. its just when 4 naga join, and 2 leave its like >< lol and when we both have to attack a fish, one comes and resues all our hard work

I have yet to play with a good naga team TT

Its also funny how they whine when you camp, its a legit strategy. They have spells as a wisp so i dont know what there whining about lol

Can also tick them off with the fishing line. It can be difficult to cast if the terrain is all crazy were the fish is. Mabie have that items cost to 500 since i do concider it to be one of the powerfullest items the naga can get. You can reveal, then cast it over a wall and snag a fish ^^ xD Yes i totaly like to abuse that reveal, and need an aura horn just to keep it up

I love this map, there just needs to be a way to promote playing as naga somehow. People just seem to like playing fish over naga cause they think its a default win. Dunno how they like to sit around, i gotta hunt and kill things not sit around xD

I can see a hardcore game with 4 naga that actualy stay hehe

Last edited by KrewL RaiN : 04-24-2006 at 06:22 PM.
KrewL RaiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2006, 06:29 PM   #29
rkanian
User

rkanian has little to show at this moment (0)

The map looks great, hopefully it will be a great and exciting playable map.

Last edited by rkanian : 04-24-2006 at 06:31 PM.
rkanian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2006, 08:32 PM   #30
Karawasa
Element Tower Defense

Submissions (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrewL RaiN
Yes i can see you guys and the creators totaly crushing. I have no trouble locating the fish eather im spaming that reveal like nuts when i have it lvl 2 and higher. its just when 4 naga join, and 2 leave its like >< lol and when we both have to attack a fish, one comes and resues all our hard work

I have yet to play with a good naga team TT

Its also funny how they whine when you camp, its a legit strategy. They have spells as a wisp so i dont know what there whining about lol

Can also tick them off with the fishing line. It can be difficult to cast if the terrain is all crazy were the fish is. Mabie have that items cost to 500 since i do concider it to be one of the powerfullest items the naga can get. You can reveal, then cast it over a wall and snag a fish ^^ xD Yes i totaly like to abuse that reveal, and need an aura horn just to keep it up

I love this map, there just needs to be a way to promote playing as naga somehow. People just seem to like playing fish over naga cause they think its a default win. Dunno how they like to sit around, i gotta hunt and kill things not sit around xD

I can see a hardcore game with 4 naga that actualy stay hehe

I totally agree that when Naga leave, you are fucked. A team of 2 Naga have no chance versus like 6+ fish, provided the fish are decent.

I also agree that being Naga has some sort of stigma to it. Its because Tags in general have in common the fact that hunters are usually boring. People don't know that in this game they can use insane stuff like Fish Hook or Blink Dagger.

How to alleviate this problem, is something I am unsure of.

Btw, I am introducing a third mode. This mode is called short mode. It makes the game 15 min long, doubles all gold income, doubles xp for Naga and halves Fish structure hp. Hopefully this will help for the Naga without patience.