wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Resources > Tools
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Old 03-25-2006, 03:50 PM   #1
3dmaxhy
User

Respected User

Submissions (2)

3dmaxhy has a spectacular aura about (106)3dmaxhy has a spectacular aura about (106)3dmaxhy has a spectacular aura about (106)3dmaxhy has a spectacular aura about (106)

Send a message via MSN to 3dmaxhy
Default Va Tools v2.0

This tool can help you export vertex animation from 3dsmax to Warcraft 3. This is useful for us to create an animated flag, mantle even a dynamic t-shirt quickly.Hoping that it's useful for you

Version History
  • Version 1.0: Added animation recond tool
  • Version 1.5: Added auto dynamic animation loop tool.it means that we will never worry about making a loop for dynamic animation.
  • Version 2.0 (beta): Reforms the solution of detaching face, an irregular shape is allowed. I have no time to test more scenes, sorry........if u find some problems report me...
  • Version 2.6.3:Added VA jointer.

Zoom (requires log in)

Examples

This mantle's dynamic effect was made by Va tools:
Zoom (requires log in)

this softbody's dynamic effect was made by Va tools2.0:
Zoom (requires log in)

Reference

---------Smart VA---------

animation group:
Different animation clips(wlak,dead,spell etc) should be marked with different animation group.

from time:
The first frame of animation should be baked.

to time:
The last frame of animation should be baked.

stat time:
The first frame of new animation which was created by Smart VA.

interim:
Cite a case:If we need the frame28 to frame45 for a loop.then set "from time" with 28,"to time" with (45-interim).We suppose interim=4,in that way there will be an interim between frame41 and frame45

step time:
The frames between 2 keys

detach time:
If the original model has no any distortion in some frame,that frame will be the detach time.It is useful for us to give a UV to last animation.Note that any animation groups must be have same detach time!

Select Model:
When all parameters above were already ok,then press this bunttom to select the original model.

preview:
Preview latest animation group in viewport which was created by Smart VA.

---------VA jointer---------

Combine Animation:
When u press the button,all old animation groups will be deleted and a new animation will be crated by linking the all old animation together.

Quick Select:
Select any animation group quickly.

Tutorial

I made a video tutorial to explain how to create a dynamic mantle in wc3 by vatools.
This video tutorial contain two steps.
Step1 tell u how to create a dynamic mantle in 3dsmax.
Step2 tell u how to export this animation to wc3 by VAtools.

download here: (advanced video tutorial)
http://d.turboupload.com/d/474807/tut.rar.html

VA tools Version 2.6.3 download here:
http://d.turboupload.com/d/577154/va...2.6.3.rar.html

IK tools Version 1.0 download here:
http://d.turboupload.com/d/577149/IK...v_1.0.rar.html
Attached Images
File Type: gif maxscript4iv.gif (3.4 KB, 1155 views)
File Type: gif vertexanimation3od.gif (817.1 KB, 2812 views)
File Type: gif test36kk.gif (77.3 KB, 2265 views)
Attached Files
File Type: rar va tools v2.6.3.rar (27.9 KB, 441 views)
File Type: rar IK tools v 1.0.rar (23.7 KB, 344 views)

Last edited by 3dmaxhy : 05-06-2006 at 05:06 AM.
3dmaxhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 03-25-2006, 03:52 PM   #2
TDR
♪♫

Modeling & Gallery Moderator

Submissions (84)

TDR has much to be proud of (701)TDR has much to be proud of (701)TDR has much to be proud of (701)TDR has much to be proud of (701)TDR has much to be proud of (701)

Hero Contest #2 - 3rd PlaceConcept art session 6 - Sea dwellersModeling session 3 - Critters

approved

sorry I approved this, instead of PitzerMike. I just got excited about this and thought that if it was an art tool I can approve it. Aniway, this won't happen again, I'll stick to my models.
Old 03-25-2006, 06:09 PM   #3
Tim.
Missing You All at Wc3c

Site Owner

Submissions (18)

Tim. is a name known to all (502)Tim. is a name known to all (502)Tim. is a name known to all (502)Tim. is a name known to all (502)Tim. is a name known to all (502)

Approved Map: PiratesSpell making session 3 winner

Please attach an image via the forum's attach feature.

Avast! Seen Pirates? Get it here!
Tim. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2006, 04:32 AM   #4
3dmaxhy
User

Respected User

Submissions (2)

3dmaxhy has a spectacular aura about (106)3dmaxhy has a spectacular aura about (106)3dmaxhy has a spectacular aura about (106)3dmaxhy has a spectacular aura about (106)

to Tim:
I made a icon justnow,but don't know how to add it to my thread above?
Old 03-26-2006, 12:33 PM   #5
Blade.dk

Respected User

Submissions (15)

Blade.dk is a glorious beacon of light (418)Blade.dk is a glorious beacon of light (418)Blade.dk is a glorious beacon of light (418)Blade.dk is a glorious beacon of light (418)Blade.dk is a glorious beacon of light (418)Blade.dk is a glorious beacon of light (418)

Approved Map: Azeroth's Arcane ArenaSpell session 01 winner

Send a message via MSN to Blade.dk

Edit post -> Go advanced -> Manage attachments and upload your image.

I've done it for you now.
Old 03-26-2006, 12:55 PM   #6
Tim.
Missing You All at Wc3c

Site Owner

Submissions (18)

Tim. is a name known to all (502)Tim. is a name known to all (502)Tim. is a name known to all (502)Tim. is a name known to all (502)Tim. is a name known to all (502)

Thanks, I'll be testing this out soon and write a little review.

Old 03-28-2006, 02:39 AM   #7
Shadowy Crafter
User

Submissions (10)

Shadowy Crafter will become famous soon enough (43)Shadowy Crafter will become famous soon enough (43)

I'd give you rep, if it wasn't too complicated for me. But don't worry it'll come soon ;)
Shadowy Crafter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006, 07:42 PM   #8
Tim.
Missing You All at Wc3c

Site Owner

Submissions (18)

Alright after a bit of work I was able to get this going properly. Here's some things I thought I should mention:
  • A lot of junk is left over in the end. Can you make a 'Cleanup' button that removes all this? (Or better, make it automatically done?)
  • Why should I have to copy my object and such all on my own? Can't the script take care of that all in one go?
  • On low poly models this is quite inaccurate (a 4x4 cube, for example) Maybe you could try and increase accuracy in that kind of situation.
  • Your video tutorial has a lot of wasted time in it trying to perfect the model. Perhaps a more simple, step-by-step video tutorial would be better, with an explanation of each step as you do it.

Old 04-07-2006, 06:30 AM   #9
3dmaxhy
User

Respected User

Submissions (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim.
Alright after a bit of work I was able to get this going properly. Here's some things I thought I should mention:
  • A lot of junk is left over in the end. Can you make a 'Cleanup' button that removes all this? (Or better, make it automatically done?)
  • Why should I have to copy my object and such all on my own? Can't the script take care of that all in one go?
  • On low poly models this is quite inaccurate (a 4x4 cube, for example) Maybe you could try and increase accuracy in that kind of situation.
  • Your video tutorial has a lot of wasted time in it trying to perfect the model. Perhaps a more simple, step-by-step video tutorial would be better, with an explanation of each step as you do it.

to your second question:
I made that function by design.U know the dynamic animation is hard for us to control.So we must bake the dynamic animation from a accomplished animation.Cite a case,suppose there is flag animation from frame10 to fram 20
, i can't make a dynamic flag animation from frame10 to frame 20 accurately,but i can make a perfect dynamic animation from X frame to Y frame,then we pcik a segment from the collection between X frame and Y frame,copy the animation of this segment to the copied object next.At this time we can decide what frames the animation begin at.This is the reason why we shold make a copy,it's convenient for us to make a nice dynamic animation by vatools...........

to your third qustion
I can't understand "On low poly models this is quite inaccurate ",this situation
has never happened to me.Could u cite a case?

About other 2 questions,i will think over your suggestion.My spoken english is terrible,may be my friend can help me to recond the new video tutorial,and let you know my decision in a day or two........
Old 04-07-2006, 03:19 PM   #10
Tim.
Missing You All at Wc3c

Site Owner

Submissions (18)

I apologize, I will try to type in very simple English to help.
I mean after having made my entire vertex animation, why do I have to clone my own object? Would it not be more simple for me to pick (With VA) the object and settings, and VA clones the object for me, then applies the settings?
I mean if I take a 4 face by 4 face cube, move the center vertex of the top face up, then apply VA tools, I get a very un-smooth result. I feel this could be improved.

Old 04-07-2006, 07:27 PM   #11
iNfraNe
MSc

Cinematics Moderator

Submissions (7)

iNfraNe is just really nice (261)iNfraNe is just really nice (261)iNfraNe is just really nice (261)iNfraNe is just really nice (261)iNfraNe is just really nice (261)

Approved Map: Mortar Ball

Send a message via MSN to iNfraNe

I agree.
On low poly models it is QUITE inaccurate. What you do at the moment is just rotate and move the triangles. You should also SCALE them, since they increase in size during vertex animation, the math behind this might be a little difficult tho. You should perhaps get a little help on that if you dont fully understand what I mean or how you should make that.

edit: this way you dont even have to have connected on since the triangles would align perfectly.
The Spirit of Vengeance (Cinematic, Blizzard contest winner)
Elimination Tournament
Mortar Ball
iNfraNe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2006, 05:37 AM   #12
3dmaxhy
User

Respected User

Submissions (2)

to iNfraNe

I can't understand why we should scale them?I think i can understand after u uploading an example scene.

On the other hand,it's so hard for us to record several animation segments in one obj by VA,for example,we record "walk" segment in some obj,then there is no way to record other segment("stand","dead".........and so on),i will consider that and make a new version to solve this problem later.....

Last edited by 3dmaxhy : 04-08-2006 at 05:48 AM.
3dmaxhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2006, 02:51 PM   #13
Tim.
Missing You All at Wc3c

Site Owner

Submissions (18)

I don't understand your problem. The user can easily choose to only use VA for one animation (Stand or walk for example). The problem is not that, it is that there are too many steps involved for the user. The plugin should be made more simple for the user.

Old 04-08-2006, 04:22 PM   #14
iNfraNe
MSc

Cinematics Moderator

Submissions (7)

iNfraNe is just really nice (261)iNfraNe is just really nice (261)iNfraNe is just really nice (261)iNfraNe is just really nice (261)iNfraNe is just really nice (261)

Approved Map: Mortar Ball

Send a message via MSN to iNfraNe

Here's whats wrong:

I made a box, with 1 pixel that moves up over 10 frames. The last frame of the animation is perfect, but when you go back to the first frame, the triangles dont match eachother.

Like I said, they shouldnt only turn, but they should change size to be able to fit at all times. Unlike now where there is LOTS of open space which the connect feature of art tools doesnt fix that nicely.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg how it should be.JPG (18.3 KB, 48 views)
File Type: jpg correctlastframe.JPG (16.1 KB, 46 views)
File Type: jpg distorted first frame.JPG (16.2 KB, 48 views)
The Spirit of Vengeance (Cinematic, Blizzard contest winner)
Elimination Tournament
Mortar Ball
iNfraNe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2006, 04:54 PM   #15
3dmaxhy
User

Respected User

Submissions (2)

to iNfraNe:
I know what you mean.U hope the vertexs matching each other.but i can't operate the vertex of obj,if i did that,VA will create a new vertex animation which are not allowed to export to art-tool...
yes,i can scale them,but after that vertexs are not still matching each other accurately.However i make this tool to export simple vertex animation like cloth simulating,it only allow a little distortion of shape.Can u think of something better?

One more thing,u should detach face at frame 0,it's very important.

to Tim:
yes,i know there are too many steps involved for the user.I'm trying to improve the script now.

"The user can easily choose to only use VA for one animation"
suppose there is a mantle for a character,then the "walk","stand","dead" .....animations should be made for it,not only one animation.