wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Resources > Code Resources > Spells
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Old 03-20-2006, 04:23 PM   #1
Chuckle_Brother
Oh for the sake of fudge

Respected User

Submissions (2)

Chuckle_Brother will become famous soon enough (53)Chuckle_Brother will become famous soon enough (53)

Send a message via ICQ to Chuckle_Brother Send a message via AIM to Chuckle_Brother Send a message via MSN to Chuckle_Brother Send a message via Yahoo to Chuckle_Brother
Default Mental Skills - 2nd place entry :)

These, in contrast to Emjir's, came in second. Yes thats right, I got 1 whole vote more. :)

They are 100% jass, MUI, and SHOULD be 100% leakfree.

Shifting Form:

Causes some damage to be negated while in this form, and relatiate with a bolt of energy that damages enemies as it passes.

Eclipse of Sanity:

Summons 3 orbs that float around the target, shooting out to strike enemies if there are any then returning to their orbit.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Spell Map 1.JPG
Views:	1946
Size:	186.6 KB
ID:	3370

Edit: Editted to comply with a few suggestions from Blade.dk
Attached Files
File Type: w3x Spell Test Map - Contest.w3x (56.5 KB, 1185 views)

Last edited by Chuckle_Brother : 03-20-2006 at 07:00 PM.
Chuckle_Brother is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 03-21-2006, 11:41 AM   #2
emjlr3
Rehabbing

Submissions (14)

emjlr3 is a jewel in the rough (151)emjlr3 is a jewel in the rough (151)

Mapping Contest First Place

Send a message via AIM to emjlr3 Send a message via MSN to emjlr3

fun, new, interesting, unique spells, everyone should try them out
Old 03-21-2006, 01:23 PM   #3
BertTheJasser
xyzi - our universe

Submissions (2)

BertTheJasser has a spectacular aura about (111)BertTheJasser has a spectacular aura about (111)BertTheJasser has a spectacular aura about (111)BertTheJasser has a spectacular aura about (111)

Cool!
I like Eclipse of Sanity best. didn't look at the coding yet.

Post Scriptum:
Why the hell do you use Windows Media Player? VLC Player is free and faster and can read more file types, why not use this instead?

Last edited by BertTheJasser : 03-21-2006 at 01:28 PM.
BertTheJasser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006, 02:00 PM   #4
Chuckle_Brother
Oh for the sake of fudge

Respected User

Submissions (2)

Chuckle_Brother will become famous soon enough (53)Chuckle_Brother will become famous soon enough (53)

Send a message via ICQ to Chuckle_Brother Send a message via AIM to Chuckle_Brother Send a message via MSN to Chuckle_Brother Send a message via Yahoo to Chuckle_Brother

Note to Self: Crop image next time.

I use it because I don't listen to music much.
Old 03-21-2006, 04:36 PM   #5
Chriz.
Vast Graphics Animator

Project Leader: WotTH

Submissions (17)

Chriz. has a brilliant future (831)Chriz. has a brilliant future (831)Chriz. has a brilliant future (831)Chriz. has a brilliant future (831)Chriz. has a brilliant future (831)Chriz. has a brilliant future (831)Chriz. has a brilliant future (831)

Hero Contest #2 - 2nd PlaceSkinning Competetion #3 - Elementals

They're real nice, I love the ideas. Although I noticed if you use the potion and keep using Eclipse of Sanity they stack to a point that makes my computer practically freeze until it wears off heh. But I guess it has a cooldown for a reason : ) Good job either way.
Old 03-21-2006, 05:22 PM   #6
Chuckle_Brother
Oh for the sake of fudge

Respected User

Submissions (2)

Yeah, there is a limit to how many units you can have moving around before you get lag.

I don't recommend having more than 10-15 sprites flying around, unless you want hideous lag.
Old 05-09-2006, 08:37 PM   #7
Fire-Penguin
User

Fire-Penguin has little to show at this moment (0)

Very nice. Gotta love it...
Old 05-09-2006, 08:59 PM   #8
Blade.dk

Respected User

Submissions (15)

Blade.dk is a glorious beacon of light (418)Blade.dk is a glorious beacon of light (418)Blade.dk is a glorious beacon of light (418)Blade.dk is a glorious beacon of light (418)Blade.dk is a glorious beacon of light (418)Blade.dk is a glorious beacon of light (418)

Approved Map: Azeroth's Arcane ArenaSpell session 01 winner

Send a message via MSN to Blade.dk

Please only use a custom color if you want to highlight something special, not a whole post.
Old 03-19-2007, 09:46 AM   #9
norava
User

norava has little to show at this moment (0)

dude those skills rule i especilly like the orb 1 and thats cool how it stacks and all
norava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2007, 06:52 PM   #10
Alpha600
User

Alpha600 has little to show at this moment (0)

Thanks for the code, I'm trying to learn JASS =D Also, a big piece of advice: ALT+PRNTSCRN only copies inside the current window.
Alpha600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 09:00 PM   #11
BloodGod_Phire
User

BloodGod_Phire has little to show at this moment (0)

How the hell can one import this spell into a map? I guess it's only made for people who might as well type it all up themselves since you're "so-called" descriptions doesn't say squat that helps. Let me show you...

=============
Dummy ID:
=============

constant function DummyID takes nothing returns integer
return 'h001'
endfunction

Change the part 'h001' to whatever the rawcode for this or whatever dummy you want to use is. You can find this by pressing CTRL+D while in the Object Editor. Instead of showing the unit type it will now say something like:
"h001:hpea(Universal Dummy)", your rawcode it the leftmost 4-digit integer value.

Umm, where exaclty IS that code? I don't see it anywhere on your code... Not enough?...

===================
Implementation:
===================

You need the following:

1) The Eclipse of Sanity trigger
2) The Eclipse of Sanity spell/buff
3) All the stuff in the custom script section
4) Both global variables
5) The dummy unit/model

Ummm, what the hell does 3) mean? All the stuff in the custom script section which doesn't exist... wow, that's almost as clear as saying "put the stuff found the place into the thing" :D

I'm not going to lie, I think your Sanity or whatever spell is THE SHIT! but please please please help me import it...
BloodGod_Phire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 05:18 PM   #12
The Grey Knight
User

The Grey Knight has little to show at this moment (1)

err bloodgod, just copy and paste -.-
Old 06-19-2008, 10:12 PM   #13
Szythe
User

Submissions (3)

Szythe has a spectacular aura about (143)

Spell Making Session 11 WinnerSmiley contest 4th and 5th place.Mapping Contest Third PlaceSpell making session 08

When testing Shifting Form, I get
double free of location in "Shifting_Form_Evasion"
Szythe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 11:57 AM   #14
Pyrogasm
Lackadaisically Absent.

Respected User

Submissions (9)

Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)

Hero Contest - Fourth place

Send a message via ICQ to Pyrogasm Send a message via AIM to Pyrogasm Send a message via MSN to Pyrogasm Send a message via Yahoo to Pyrogasm

So fix it :P

Chuckle_Brother isn't here anymore.
Your spells are mostly ignored because they are not very cool so we aren't very excited to review/approve them, but you are incredibly persistent and won't give us an excuse to graveyard it. That is generally what results in a resource being ignored for a long time.

The Spell Request Thread Done for, unless someone else wants to revive it...
It lasted a damn long time.

Please; Ask for Help Appropriately

Quote:
Originally posted by Kyrbi0
Huh. Almost makes me wish I had a girlfriend, to take advantage of today (wait, no, that's not what I meant... I mean, take advantage of the fact that it is international women's day... gah, never mind).
Quote:
Originally posted by Pyrogasm
Rome may not have been built in a day, but the Romans sure as hell didn't say "look at this great city we built guys!" when they had nothing more than a bit of stone and some cottages.
Pyrogasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 06:20 AM   #15
Titanhex
User

Titanhex has little to show at this moment (5)

Make sure you're using JassHelper when you open and modify these codes. Just a heads up. Otherwise you probably won't be able to see the variables you need to import. Mainly directed at BloodGod_Phire.

Oh, and just a suggestion, perhaps inputing an option to allow those modding it who are noob to place an effect animation when the Orb hits the enemy.

I don't think I've ever seen a revolving orb affect with the orbs having the ability to buff/debuff units it comes in contact with...

Last edited by Titanhex : 07-27-2008 at 07:00 AM. Reason: Avoidance of double posting.
Titanhex is offline   Reply With Quote