wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Ghost Forums > Map Database
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Old 03-09-2006, 07:58 PM   #1
Anitarf
Procrastination Incarnate

Development Director

Submissions (19)

Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)

2008 Spell olympics - Fire - SilverApproved Map: Old School Alliance TacticsHero Contest #2 - 3rd PlaceSpell making session 2 winner

Default (6) Old School Alliance Tactics

This is a simple, fast-paced map where two teams of players strive to defeat each other by destroying the other team's barracks. To do so, they must utilize the units that are automatically trained there with better efficiency than the other team. Each player is also granted control of a hero of their choice. The heroes are all automatically revived when slain, so defeating them brings little advantage; it's the troops that really count. There are some upgrades avaliable to improve their efficiency, but be careful, the barracks do not produce any units while researching an upgrade.

This is a quick map, it was done in less than a day, so do not expect custom heroes and triggered spells; all the map has are slightly modified alliance units, the dynamic human hero trio and tons of exciting, fast-paced gameplay.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg OldSchoolAllianceTactics.jpg (88.5 KB, 3469 views)
File Type: jpg OSATscreenshot1.jpg (1.41 MB, 3499 views)
File Type: jpg OSATscreenshot2.jpg (622.0 KB, 2127 views)
Attached Files
File Type: w3x Old_School_Alliance_Tactics.w3x (205.4 KB, 3309 views)
Old 03-09-2006, 08:28 PM   #2
iNfraNe
PhD

Cinematics Moderator

Submissions (7)

iNfraNe is just really nice (266)iNfraNe is just really nice (266)iNfraNe is just really nice (266)iNfraNe is just really nice (266)iNfraNe is just really nice (266)

Approved Map: Mortar Ball

Send a message via MSN to iNfraNe

I really like this map, its really simple yet fun.
For me it sums up all the fun stuff melee games have, but it does so better. Since this is constant micro & a bit of timing the researches it is also a good practise for melee games ithink.
I approve.
The Spirit of Vengeance (Cinematic, Blizzard contest winner)
Elimination Tournament
Mortar Ball
iNfraNe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006, 09:14 PM   #3
GaDDeN
Map Dev *********

Respected User

Submissions (3)

GaDDeN has a spectacular aura about (93)GaDDeN has a spectacular aura about (93)GaDDeN has a spectacular aura about (93)GaDDeN has a spectacular aura about (93)

Approved Map: EliminationApproved Map: Stand of the PeonsApproved Map: Elimination Tournament

Very fun and simple game!

I did notice some things though:
* The barracks could only have one action at the time. I had waited about 75 seconds on the "combat upgrade" (less training time on footies and rifles) and then i wanted to queue the barracks to train rifles after, which canceled the upgrade. I think issuing a train order when the building is researching shouldn't cancel the research.

* The enemy heroes just kept respawning when we were destroying their barracks. I think attacking / winning should be changed in some way, because you could also attack-click on the enemy barracks to suicide bomb it with your army. Sure, i guess that's a tactic too, but i still think winning should work different. Or you could increase the spawn time of the heroes if they die within X seconds after their revival, so you can't revive too fast when being killed.

* I really dislike plain white text messages, like the one saying "Only one more barracks to go!". Simply changing color to the "warcraftish" yellow one and adding a sound would make it look alot more proffesional.

But as i said, all and all a nice map. I would really like to see this improved before it's added to the section, but i'm approving it in it's current state.
GaDDeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006, 10:52 PM   #4
Tim.
Missing You All at Wc3c

Site Owner

Submissions (18)

Tim. is a name known to all (503)Tim. is a name known to all (503)Tim. is a name known to all (503)Tim. is a name known to all (503)Tim. is a name known to all (503)

Approved Map: PiratesSpell making session 3 winner

I tested this with Ani and some others, was real fun. Simple but well made. Admin approval, and therfore off she goes! Great work Anitarf, as always. However I too suggest you look into what GaDDeN has said.

Avast! Seen Pirates? Get it here!
Tim. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006, 11:32 PM   #5
BuRnInSpartan
User

BuRnInSpartan is on a distinguished road (21)

i had fun playing this. nice work

Terrain: 0000000000
Units: 0000000000
Spells: 0000000000
Triggers: 0000000000
BuRnInSpartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006, 06:22 AM   #6
Dominant-Male
Murder!

Off Topic Moderator

Dominant-Male will become famous soon enough (46)Dominant-Male will become famous soon enough (46)

Send a message via MSN to Dominant-Male

For a real challenge try this solo against three computers.
Dominant-Male is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006, 08:46 AM   #7
GaDDeN
Map Dev *********

Respected User

Submissions (3)

GaDDeN has a spectacular aura about (93)GaDDeN has a spectacular aura about (93)GaDDeN has a spectacular aura about (93)GaDDeN has a spectacular aura about (93)

Approved Map: EliminationApproved Map: Stand of the PeonsApproved Map: Elimination Tournament

The ability to choose race (could use the pre-start race choose system) would also be a nice addition, it would add more variation to the game.

And i don't mean custom races, just hu / orc / ne / ud.

Last edited by GaDDeN : 03-10-2006 at 08:47 AM.
GaDDeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2006, 11:45 AM   #8
iNfraNe
PhD

Cinematics Moderator

Submissions (7)

iNfraNe is just really nice (266)iNfraNe is just really nice (266)iNfraNe is just really nice (266)iNfraNe is just really nice (266)iNfraNe is just really nice (266)

Approved Map: Mortar Ball

Send a message via MSN to iNfraNe

I do agree that training a footman when you're already training a footman shouldnt cancel the training.
The Spirit of Vengeance (Cinematic, Blizzard contest winner)
Elimination Tournament
Mortar Ball
iNfraNe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2006, 02:47 PM   #9
ragingspeedhorn
I MUST BREAK YOU

Official Map Reviewer

Submissions (10)

ragingspeedhorn is a jewel in the rough (211)ragingspeedhorn is a jewel in the rough (211)ragingspeedhorn is a jewel in the rough (211)ragingspeedhorn is a jewel in the rough (211)

Approved Map: Dodge The Wisp Wheels

Send a message via MSN to ragingspeedhorn

I remember playing this with you, tim. and some others on azeroth quite awhile back now, it was a simple game but fun + I won so...
ragingspeedhorn is offline   Reply With Quote