wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Warcraft III Modding > Developer's Corner > Triggers & Scripts
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Old 02-24-2006, 12:39 PM   #1
Vexorian
Free Software Terrorist

Technical Director

Submissions (37)

Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1060)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1060)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1060)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1060)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1060)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1060)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1060)

Hero Contest #3 - 2nd Place

Default Spell Making Session 01 (Winner : Blade.dk)

I am gonna steal a concept from TDR.

What is a spell making session?
- A call to all our fellow spell makers to create a spell based in very specific rules.

What?
- For example I tell that the session is about making a fire spell, then everybody has 15 days to make a new fire spell and we finally have a public poll to decide the winner.

Why?
- The winner gets 20 rep and an award (awards are little icons that appear bellow your reputation bar / user cp)

More details?
Yeah some general rules for every session:
- Free for all - Use JASS / GUI / WEU whatever.
- New spells - What's the point if we allow people to submit their old spells they made a long ago?
- Everyone can enter - As long as you follow these rules, time limit and session specific rules you can enter.
- Poll : The poll will be public and that's the only way to decide who wins the session. Every user has its own rules for deciding which spell should win. But this poll will actually require you to post an explanation as to why you think that spell is the best.
- WIP : You can/should/must flood the session's thread with screenshots of the development of the spell in order to enter.
- When your spell is finished: Attach a map containing it to the session's thread. Once you post the spell you can't change it, but you can quit the session.
- Once the session ends, we can move the submitted spells to the resources section as long as they follow the rules of the resources section.

------------
Session 01
Simple enough a good sinergy/combo , 2 spells of the same element that in some way bonus each other.

You have till sunday 12th to make them.
Turns your simple code into something that is complicated enough to work.
Faster != more useful
Vexorian is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 02-24-2006, 01:00 PM   #2
Blade.dk

Respected User

Submissions (15)

Blade.dk is a glorious beacon of light (418)Blade.dk is a glorious beacon of light (418)Blade.dk is a glorious beacon of light (418)Blade.dk is a glorious beacon of light (418)Blade.dk is a glorious beacon of light (418)Blade.dk is a glorious beacon of light (418)

Approved Map: Azeroth's Arcane ArenaSpell session 01 winner

Send a message via MSN to Blade.dk

W00t !

I'm in.

Anyways, I think screenshots should not be obligatory but optional, posting them are always good, but taking screenshots of certain spells are impossible.

Wonderful.

EDIT: What about stuff made by other people, for example Caster System and models/icons? I think you will nead a rule for that.
Old 02-24-2006, 01:03 PM   #3
Vexorian
Free Software Terrorist

Technical Director

Submissions (37)

Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1060)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1060)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1060)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1060)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1060)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1060)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1060)

That's the free for all rule, although of course you can't just use somebody else's code for everything.
Faster != more useful
Old 02-24-2006, 01:32 PM   #4
Fulla
Evil Overlord

Submissions (3)

Fulla has a spectacular aura about (79)Fulla has a spectacular aura about (79)Fulla has a spectacular aura about (79)

Quote:
- New spells - What's the point if we allow people to submit their own spells.

Is this a typo??

Do you mean whats the point if ppl are allowed to enter other ppl's spells?
Old 02-24-2006, 01:34 PM   #5
Vexorian
Free Software Terrorist

Technical Director

Submissions (37)

Yeah I meant what's the point if they submit old spells not own
Faster != more useful
Old 02-24-2006, 01:36 PM   #6
Jacek
Banned

Submissions (1)

Jacek is a jewel in the rough (164)Jacek is a jewel in the rough (164)

Send a message via MSN to Jacek

Spell contest at last :)
Jacek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2006, 01:37 PM   #7
Anitarf
Procrastination Incarnate

Development Director

Submissions (19)

Anitarf has a brilliant future (883)Anitarf has a brilliant future (883)Anitarf has a brilliant future (883)Anitarf has a brilliant future (883)Anitarf has a brilliant future (883)Anitarf has a brilliant future (883)Anitarf has a brilliant future (883)Anitarf has a brilliant future (883)

2008 Spell olympics - Fire - SilverApproved Map: Old School Alliance TacticsHero Contest #2 - 3rd PlaceSpell making session 2 winner

About the spells going into the resource section... I would much rather wait until I make more spells and then release them in a single map as a spellpack than releasing them one by one, each in it's own map; that just seems messy...
Old 02-24-2006, 01:38 PM   #8
Vexorian
Free Software Terrorist

Technical Director

Submissions (37)

Well the objective of the contest is to have more activity there.
Faster != more useful
Old 02-24-2006, 01:47 PM   #9
Jacek
Banned

Submissions (1)

Jacek is a jewel in the rough (164)Jacek is a jewel in the rough (164)

Send a message via MSN to Jacek

I understand there are no bonus points for using or not using the Caster System?
Jacek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2006, 01:51 PM   #10
Vexorian
Free Software Terrorist

Technical Director

Submissions (37)

hmn there are no such a thing like points. Just votes so it is up to whoever votes
Faster != more useful
Old 02-24-2006, 02:53 PM   #11
Chuckle_Brother
Oh for the sake of fudge

Respected User

Submissions (2)

Chuckle_Brother will become famous soon enough (53)Chuckle_Brother will become famous soon enough (53)

Send a message via ICQ to Chuckle_Brother Send a message via AIM to Chuckle_Brother Send a message via MSN to Chuckle_Brother Send a message via Yahoo to Chuckle_Brother

Sounds fun, I'm in. But of course on the extremely low chance that I win DO NOT give me anything. I hate rep and would like to see it and any other "Karma" system go to hell.
Old 02-24-2006, 04:27 PM   #12
Vexorian
Free Software Terrorist

Technical Director

Submissions (37)

not even the award? Like this one: http://www.wc3campaigns.net/showpost...5&postcount=63
Faster != more useful
Old 02-24-2006, 04:37 PM   #13
emjlr3
Rehabbing

Submissions (14)

emjlr3 is a jewel in the rough (151)emjlr3 is a jewel in the rough (151)

Mapping Contest First Place

Send a message via AIM to emjlr3 Send a message via MSN to emjlr3

if I find the time I will try and make one, though im sure not to win, atleast if ppl like Vex, Blade, Anitarf enter :( , I guess 4th or 5th aint to bad though.....
Old 02-24-2006, 05:21 PM   #14
Chuckle_Brother
Oh for the sake of fudge

Respected User

Submissions (2)

Chuckle_Brother will become famous soon enough (53)Chuckle_Brother will become famous soon enough (53)

Send a message via ICQ to Chuckle_Brother Send a message via AIM to Chuckle_Brother Send a message via MSN to Chuckle_Brother Send a message via Yahoo to Chuckle_Brother

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexorian

No. I make stuff because its fun and it gives me a way to sometimes be creative. And this will be no different than any other time.

Edit: Oh and who all is going to be entering? Cause I suspect that the better people will, giving GUI users not even a tiny chance at winning.

Last edited by Chuckle_Brother : 02-24-2006 at 05:22 PM.
Chuckle_Brother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2006, 05:29 PM   #15
emjlr3
Rehabbing

Submissions (14)

emjlr3 is a jewel in the rough (151)emjlr3 is a jewel in the rough (151)

Mapping Contest First Place

Send a message via AIM to emjlr3 Send a message via MSN to emjlr3

as I stated in my hero thread at thehelper
Quote:
Making your abilities in jass will not give you a better score, but can lead to a better score as it can lead to cleaner, more efficient code.

and since all the members will be able to vote, and most of them prolly arent great per say at JASS, this many not be to big of an issue, btw are voters just voting on which they like the best, or actually judging them with criteria or what?