wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Warcraft III Modding > Developer's Corner > Triggers & Scripts
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Old 08-25-2007, 02:46 PM   #16
Pyrogasm
Lackadaisically Absent.

Respected User

Submissions (9)

Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)

Hero Contest - Fourth place

Send a message via ICQ to Pyrogasm Send a message via AIM to Pyrogasm Send a message via MSN to Pyrogasm Send a message via Yahoo to Pyrogasm

I can confirm Darkwulfv's bug; UnitDamagePoint will desync Mac users.
Your spells are mostly ignored because they are not very cool so we aren't very excited to review/approve them, but you are incredibly persistent and won't give us an excuse to graveyard it. That is generally what results in a resource being ignored for a long time.

The Spell Request Thread Done for, unless someone else wants to revive it...
It lasted a damn long time.

Please; Ask for Help Appropriately

Quote:
Originally posted by Kyrbi0
Huh. Almost makes me wish I had a girlfriend, to take advantage of today (wait, no, that's not what I meant... I mean, take advantage of the fact that it is international women's day... gah, never mind).
Quote:
Originally posted by Pyrogasm
Rome may not have been built in a day, but the Romans sure as hell didn't say "look at this great city we built guys!" when they had nothing more than a bit of stone and some cottages.
Pyrogasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 08-25-2007, 03:12 PM   #17
Vexorian
Free Software Terrorist

Technical Director

Submissions (37)

Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1060)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1060)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1060)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1060)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1060)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1060)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1060)

Hero Contest #3 - 2nd Place

pretty lame, someone report the bug to blizz' site
Turns your simple code into something that is complicated enough to work.
Faster != more useful
Vexorian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 09:02 AM   #18
Pyrogasm
Lackadaisically Absent.

Respected User

Submissions (9)

Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)

Hero Contest - Fourth place

Send a message via ICQ to Pyrogasm Send a message via AIM to Pyrogasm Send a message via MSN to Pyrogasm Send a message via Yahoo to Pyrogasm

Methinks this thread could use some cleanup... who wants to do it?
Your spells are mostly ignored because they are not very cool so we aren't very excited to review/approve them, but you are incredibly persistent and won't give us an excuse to graveyard it. That is generally what results in a resource being ignored for a long time.

The Spell Request Thread Done for, unless someone else wants to revive it...
It lasted a damn long time.

Please; Ask for Help Appropriately

Quote:
Originally posted by Kyrbi0
Huh. Almost makes me wish I had a girlfriend, to take advantage of today (wait, no, that's not what I meant... I mean, take advantage of the fact that it is international women's day... gah, never mind).
Quote:
Originally posted by Pyrogasm
Rome may not have been built in a day, but the Romans sure as hell didn't say "look at this great city we built guys!" when they had nothing more than a bit of stone and some cottages.
Pyrogasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 10:40 AM   #19
Toadcop
BuranX

Submissions (4)

Toadcop is just really nice (295)Toadcop is just really nice (295)

Approved Map: TcXSpell Making Session 10 Winner

Send a message via ICQ to Toadcop

O.O =)
Boolexpr code MUST return boolean otherwise it may DeSync...
example:
Collapse JASS:
  function XXX takes nothing returns nothing
  endfunction

function XXX2 takes nothing returns boolean
     return false
  endfunction

...Condition(function XXX) // - may desync if in this functions are asynchrone actions. (or maybe some other reasons)

...Condition(function XXX2) // will work fine.
well it's only may cause Desync issues. but normaly both examples works well =)

+ it's "Random" bug so it's hard to reproduce it. it may depend on i-net connection etc. (i had this problem in my TcX) after i fix it i have no more desync reports.
Old 09-12-2007, 12:07 PM   #20
Silvenon
User

Submissions (1)

Silvenon will become famous soon enough (63)Silvenon will become famous soon enough (63)Silvenon will become famous soon enough (63)

Send a message via MSN to Silvenon

I didn't know boolexpr codes generated with Condition()/Filter() don't have to return boolean.......weird.

EDIT: There is also one bug, but it's not very JASSish. When using an integer that's over 2147483647, it will change it's sign to -.
(I got this from PurplePoot)

Last edited by Silvenon : 09-12-2007 at 12:11 PM.
Silvenon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 05:36 PM   #21
Toadcop
BuranX

Submissions (4)

Toadcop is just really nice (295)Toadcop is just really nice (295)

Approved Map: TcXSpell Making Session 10 Winner

Send a message via ICQ to Toadcop

Quote:
There is also one bug, but it's not very JASSish. When using an integer that's over 2147483647, it will change it's sign to -.
overflow =) 31 bit integers. i.e. 2^31 (2147483648) (btw with the bits i am not really sure -_- xD)
but we know it =) keep values under 1 milliard =)
Old 09-14-2007, 06:18 PM   #22
cohadar
master of fugue

Submissions (5)

cohadar is a jewel in the rough (246)cohadar is a jewel in the rough (246)cohadar is a jewel in the rough (246)cohadar is a jewel in the rough (246)cohadar is a jewel in the rough (246)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvenon
I didn't know boolexpr codes generated with Condition()/Filter() don't have to return boolean.......weird.

Boolexpr is a handle, when it is not handled properly it returns null.
On PC null will evaluate to false
On Mac it will ... do something...
Old 09-14-2007, 06:21 PM   #23
Vexorian
Free Software Terrorist

Technical Director

Submissions (37)

Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1060)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1060)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1060)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1060)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1060)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1060)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1060)

Hero Contest #3 - 2nd Place

hmmm toadcop I heard that these cause desyncs on mac users. So they may not be that random.

I think that not returning false might be undefined behavior hence it should create a lot of chaos including desyncing mac users and probably people with different languages in war3, different OS versions, etc, etc.
Turns your simple code into something that is complicated enough to work.
Faster != more useful
Vexorian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 02:01 AM   #24
botanic
User

Submissions (2)

botanic will become famous soon enough (41)botanic will become famous soon enough (41)

Send a message via AIM to botanic

humm i found something odd with strings when a string is too long the end of it can become a hex value
Quote:
Originally Posted by botanic
I think we established that
botanic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 09:01 AM   #25
cohadar
master of fugue

Submissions (5)

cohadar is a jewel in the rough (246)cohadar is a jewel in the rough (246)cohadar is a jewel in the rough (246)cohadar is a jewel in the rough (246)cohadar is a jewel in the rough (246)

GetItemLevel() and GetItemType() do not work on bj_lastCreatedItem
they always return zero.

Ups...
It turns out that UnitAddItemToSlotById() does not set bj_lastCreatedItem, my bad.
Tnx Anitarf.

Last edited by cohadar : 10-01-2007 at 09:39 AM.
cohadar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 09:32 AM   #26
Anitarf
Procrastination Incarnate

Development Director

Submissions (19)

Anitarf has a brilliant future (888)Anitarf has a brilliant future (888)Anitarf has a brilliant future (888)Anitarf has a brilliant future (888)Anitarf has a brilliant future (888)Anitarf has a brilliant future (888)Anitarf has a brilliant future (888)Anitarf has a brilliant future (888)

2008 Spell olympics - Fire - SilverApproved Map: Old School Alliance TacticsHero Contest #2 - 3rd PlaceSpell making session 2 winner

Works fine for me. Did you use CreateItemLoc?
Old 10-14-2007, 03:24 AM   #27
PurplePoot
User

Official Map Reviewer

PurplePoot will become famous soon enough (60)PurplePoot will become famous soon enough (60)PurplePoot will become famous soon enough (60)

MultiboardDisplay(mb,false), where mb is an arbitrary multiboard, and not null, will close any open multiboard, regardless of whether it's mb or not.

Also, SelectUnit seems to fail to show the command card under very certain <unknown> situations, if the unit added to the selection is initially shown. (ie if you don't clear the selection before, and the tabbed selection is still on a different unit then it will still be able to show)

Not sure what those conditions are, otherwise I would've saved 2 hours of debugging and eventually a different method of doing what I needed to do -.-

Last edited by PurplePoot : 10-14-2007 at 05:26 AM.
PurplePoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2007, 05:14 AM   #28
Dil999
CUSTOM USER TITLE!!!!!!!!

Dil999 has a spectacular aura about (82)Dil999 has a spectacular aura about (82)Dil999 has a spectacular aura about (82)

Send a message via AIM to Dil999 Send a message via MSN to Dil999 Send a message via Yahoo to Dil999

That SelectUnit is a known bug, I believe, most sheep tag games have had problems with it. I believe they fixed it by simply selecting deselecting and selecting, instead of just selecting.
Then he died a confused man, killed himself with his own mind.

Last edited by Dil999 : 10-14-2007 at 05:15 AM.
Dil999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2007, 05:26 AM   #29
PurplePoot
User

Official Map Reviewer

PurplePoot will become famous soon enough (60)PurplePoot will become famous soon enough (60)PurplePoot will become famous soon enough (60)

Nono, it only happens if you deselect right before or after.

(Deselect the old unit(s), before selecting the new unit)
PurplePoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 12:53 AM   #30
Ammorth
I blink, therefore I am.

Submissions (10)

Ammorth is a glorious beacon of light (457)Ammorth is a glorious beacon of light (457)Ammorth is a glorious beacon of light (457)Ammorth is a glorious beacon of light (457)

A bug I ran across from before. Using MultiboardSetRowCount() or MultiboardSetColumnCount() to change a multiboard to a smaller board than it currently is results in errors with setting the text of the multiboard.

Trigger:
MB Glitch
Collapse Events
Time - Elapsed game time is 1.00 seconds
Conditions
Collapse Actions
-------- Shows a board with 10 columns and 5 rows, all with the letter a --------
Multiboard - Create a multiboard with 10 columns and 5 rows, titled Fun
Multiboard - Set the width for (Last created multiboard) item in column 0, row 0 to 3.00% of the total screen width
Multiboard - Set the text for (Last created multiboard) item in column 0, row 0 to a
Multiboard - Set the display style for (Last created multiboard) item in column 0, row 0 to Show text and Hide icons
Multiboard - Show (Last created multiboard)
Wait 3.00 seconds
-------- Changes the board size to 8 rows and 14 columns and changes the letter to b --------
Multiboard - Change the number of rows for (Last created multiboard) to 8
Multiboard - Change the number of columns for (Last created multiboard) to 14
Multiboard - Set the text for (Last created multiboard) item in column 0, row 0 to b
Multiboard - Set the display style for (Last created multiboard) item in column 0, row 0 to Show text and Hide icons
Wait 3.00 seconds
-------- Should change the number of rows to 6 and columns to 8 and then change the letter to c, but some of the text becomes bc and some stays as b. --------
Multiboard - Change the number of rows for (Last created multiboard) to 6
Multiboard - Change the number of columns for (Last created multiboard) to 8
Multiboard - Set the text for (Last created multiboard) item in column 0, row 0 to c