wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Resources > Code Resources > Systems
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Old 08-24-2006, 02:07 PM   #31
Meanie
User

Meanie is on a distinguished road (13)

Reflection maybe the spell works but you just can't see the effect since the caster model wasn't sucsesfully added(No idea if mass slow spell uses an effect through an caster).

So Vex, what can we look forward to in the upcoming versions, any ideas?

The recent dynamic array system....pools have been great though not enough time to try it out that much.
Meanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 08-24-2006, 03:02 PM   #32
Vexorian
Free Software Terrorist

Technical Director

Submissions (37)

Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1060)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1060)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1060)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1060)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1060)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1060)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1060)

Hero Contest #3 - 2nd Place

I think I will slowdown the features and focus on bug fixing (if bugs are found) If I avoid adding features for a while I avoid adding bugs as well.
Turns your simple code into something that is complicated enough to work.
Faster != more useful
Vexorian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2006, 02:37 PM   #33
Toadcop
BuranX

Submissions (4)

Toadcop is just really nice (295)Toadcop is just really nice (295)

Approved Map: TcXSpell Making Session 10 Winner

Send a message via ICQ to Toadcop

Vexorian - your sys is nice =) but ProjFuncs are sucks =) but for lame war3 spell making they are enought ! so fix all bugs ;)

PS in all your Caster Sys is a pioner project so respect !!!
Toadcop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2006, 02:40 PM   #34
Vexorian
Free Software Terrorist

Technical Director

Submissions (37)

Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1060)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1060)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1060)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1060)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1060)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1060)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1060)

Didn't understand a word, and you can't ask me to fix all bugs if you don't even tell me what bugs are you talking about
Faster != more useful
Old 08-26-2006, 08:16 AM   #35
BertTheJasser
xyzi - our universe

Submissions (2)

BertTheJasser has a spectacular aura about (111)BertTheJasser has a spectacular aura about (111)BertTheJasser has a spectacular aura about (111)BertTheJasser has a spectacular aura about (111)

GJ as allways.
Just a notice: Update the screenshoot in some future time. You removed Deadly fire star, so remove it from the screeshoot aswell.
Special thanks to Vexorian who helped me learn jass, the real jass and always helped me when problems occured, I would call him somehow my mentor. Pipedream, who made amazing Grimoire and helped me acclerating my map (currently at 99% finished, no developement atm).

Vote for Linux Ports in general of Blizzard products: http://www.PetitionOnline.com/ibpfl/
BertTheJasser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2006, 08:12 AM   #36
zeroXD
User

Submissions (1)

zeroXD is on a distinguished road (16)

This is just great, cause i'm trying to learn JASS and systems like this helps a lot learning. +rep
zeroXD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 03:39 PM   #37
zen87
vJass maniac

Submissions (1)

zen87 has a spectacular aura about (86)zen87 has a spectacular aura about (86)zen87 has a spectacular aura about (86)

Send a message via MSN to zen87

ok... i think i almost vomitted a bucket of blood by just doing the trial and error... at the end of the day i've gave up and decided to seek help here

1. I've followed all the instruction on the guide and stuffed the caster system into my map
2. I decided to test the caster system abit by doing some targeted-aoe-thunder-clap (just imagine blizzard wave replaced by thunder clap wave)
3. This is what i put in
Code:
call CasterCastAbilityPointLoc( GetOwningPlayer(udg_MistressSpells[0]), 'A006' , "thunderclap", udg_SpellsPointInstant[1], true)
udg_MistressSpells[0] - variable name for the casting unit
A006 - err whatever it is called, the first 4 number of the custum thunder clap when view in raw data form
thunderclap - order string
udg_SpellsPointInstant[1] - variable name for the target location
true - because it is instant (as said in the tutorial)

ok, after i put this in, i went to save my map, and error occurs, not only closing my trigger, but the whole caster system closed down with thunsands of line of *expect bla bla bla*<-- i have no idea what is it trying to say since im still noob in JASS.

ok... so... hmm... whats my problem... -___-" i just cant figure it out

thousand thanks...
zen87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 03:58 PM   #38
Vexorian
Free Software Terrorist

Technical Director

Submissions (37)

Hmnn Use WEHelper (link at sig) so you don't have to decode the lame cryptic compile errors normal World Editor gives.

I can't find anything wrong with the code, maybe the variable names are not using the same case as the real variables?

also the error might be in a previous line, again, that's a problem with WE's syntax checker.
Faster != more useful
Old 09-20-2006, 06:17 AM   #39
zen87
vJass maniac

Submissions (1)

zen87 has a spectacular aura about (86)zen87 has a spectacular aura about (86)zen87 has a spectacular aura about (86)

uhmm thanks but i think the WEHelper got some problem with my com... it dont seems... working...

argh maybe there is something wrong with the installation or something... i'll check it over again...

*edit : ahh... somehow the problem solved after i restart my com... >_< thank for the help anyway, time to mess around with the caster system :P

Last edited by zen87 : 09-20-2006 at 05:05 PM.
Old 09-22-2006, 01:10 PM   #40
zen87
vJass maniac

Submissions (1)

Hi there, is me again >_<" i've encountered another problem here

ok, u used the caster system and have the dummy caster to cast out a acid-bomb-based spell using something like this

Code:
call CasterCastAbilityLevel( GetOwningPlayer(udg_OwnerofCastingUnit), 'A00L', udg_SpellLevel,"acidbomb", udg_Target, false)

of course, those variable are double/triple checked, nothing goes wrong untill...

since it is acid bomb, it is a DoT spell, my problem now is when a enemy unit die under the acid bomb that casted from the dummy caster, i dont get the bounty award and after checking the killer by using some simple trigger, the killing unit are *player 16* instead of me...

uhm... so whats wrong with my trigger ? or i missed something ?
Old 09-22-2006, 01:25 PM   #41
Vexorian
Free Software Terrorist

Technical Director

Submissions (37)

you have to set the recycle delay to something high enough to match the duration of the timed damage, check the readme for the recycle delay setting.
Faster != more useful
Old 09-22-2006, 01:38 PM   #42
zen87
vJass maniac

Submissions (1)

Oic !! yeah so i did missed something

thankx Vex
Old 09-22-2006, 03:21 PM   #43
Vexorian
Free Software Terrorist

Technical Director

Submissions (37)

*13.9*
Faster != more useful
Old 10-03-2006, 04:13 PM   #44
Trivium & Bullet FMV
User

Trivium & Bullet FMV has little to show at this moment (0)

I can't get this to work in my map. I keep getting errors when trying to paste the stuff into my map's custom script. I have all the variables... hope someone will help me?
Trivium & Bullet FMV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006, 04:15 PM   #45
Vexorian
Free Software Terrorist

Technical Director

Submissions (37)

It should work, try attaching your map here? If you don't want other people to look at it you can post it in the pastebin and pm me the link
Faster != more useful