wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Resources > Code Resources > Spells
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Old 02-12-2006, 12:33 PM   #1
sheep.spirit
User

Submissions (1)

sheep.spirit is on a distinguished road (21)

Default FireElemental and MinedMissile

2 spells i wrote for my AOS map TEAR, Fire elemental leaves foot prints behind that damages and shoots fire balls at enemies. Mined missile is a missile with mines that may drop off. Credit if use. Uses the caster system. And pls tell me of any leaks or bugs you can find, cause i am not sure whether i removed all the trigger actions or not. ( I think i removed all... but still...) thanks

Done!!, version 1.1 fixed lots of minor bugs with description and fixed mined missile code, (looks nicer now)

Update: v1.2 fixed a stupid typo bug which screwed up fire walk... Update recomended
Attached Images
File Type: jpg fire.jpg (68.9 KB, 688 views)
Attached Files
File Type: w3x FireElementalandMinedMissile.w3x (117.3 KB, 354 views)

Last edited by sheep.spirit : 02-19-2006 at 11:28 AM.
sheep.spirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 02-12-2006, 01:12 PM   #2
Vexorian
Free Software Terrorist

Technical Director

Submissions (37)

Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)

Hero Contest #3 - 2nd Place

You should have a trigger that revives the heroes or at least give them an ankh of reincarnation or something.

Can't approve it because it has location leaks.

Like this line:
Collapse JASS:
     call SetUnitPositionLoc( e, PolarProjectionBJ(GetUnitLoc(e), 15.00, GetUnitFacing(e))) 

Get A newest caster system version that comes with CS_Error so you can use it instead of SimError (makes implementing easier)

Just fix that memory leak and make sure there aren't other memory leaks. And I 'll be able to approve it
Turns your simple code into something that is complicated enough to work.
Faster != more useful
Vexorian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2006, 10:50 PM   #3
sheep.spirit
User

Submissions (1)

Yeah, i only thought of that when i was in bed, too lazy to change it, but now its fixed, cant find anymore location leaks other than the line you pointed out. type -revive many times to revive hero, cause there is a little bug.

Last edited by sheep.spirit : 02-12-2006 at 10:51 PM.
Old 02-13-2006, 03:01 AM   #4
Vexorian
Free Software Terrorist

Technical Director

Submissions (37)

Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)

Hero Contest #3 - 2nd Place

hmnn Yes. I have more problems. Some are really minor.

Since the adition of this new version of the Caster System, you have to change those >= 12.7 in the comments with 13.1 maybe.

Also the new url is http://wc3campaigns.net/vexorian/

Those were minor problems , there is something that troubles me and it is your Mined Missile ability. It shouldn't use that dummy unit at all. I think you could make it much better without relying on creating dummy units and using the enter rect events. Use tables and timers, the code would look much better and you would not need that unit for no reason.

I am approving them anyways
Turns your simple code into something that is complicated enough to work.
Faster != more useful
Vexorian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 08:30 AM   #5
sheep.spirit
User

Submissions (1)

Yep, i thought so too, cause the miendmissile ability was made long ago, beofre i knoew about the trigger add action thing, so i think i am rmking the mined missile with more effeciency and better coding. I may release it with my next spell pack
Old 02-25-2006, 11:10 PM   #6
Blade.dk

Respected User

Submissions (15)

Blade.dk is a glorious beacon of light (418)Blade.dk is a glorious beacon of light (418)Blade.dk is a glorious beacon of light (418)Blade.dk is a glorious beacon of light (418)Blade.dk is a glorious beacon of light (418)Blade.dk is a glorious beacon of light (418)

Approved Map: Azeroth's Arcane ArenaSpell session 01 winner

Send a message via MSN to Blade.dk

They seems fine to me - but the fireballs that the lava spawn creates seems to always go to the same direction, I think it would be better if they just moved towards close enemies?