wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Warcraft III Modding > Artist's Corner > Artist's Discussion and Queries > Contests Dispositum
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 02-07-2006, 12:06 PM   #1
TDR
♪♫

Modeling & Gallery Moderator

Submissions (84)

TDR has much to be proud of (701)TDR has much to be proud of (701)TDR has much to be proud of (701)TDR has much to be proud of (701)TDR has much to be proud of (701)

Hero Contest #2 - 3rd PlaceConcept art session 6 - Sea dwellersModeling session 3 - Critters

Default Modelling Challenge Session 3: february 7th - february 17th

Hehe, I'm gonna try something different this session...
Don't forget to suggest a topic for future sessions here.

Each session lasts 10 days
  • The theme for this session is:

Critters
    by Olofmoleman (sponsored by Whitehorn)

Whatever critter you can imagine, other than the existing wc3 ones. Flying, swimming, walking, farting, dosen't matter. Just keep em small, low poly and...with animations. Aye, for this one you'll have to animate your model, it dosen't matter how badly, if it's animated then it's ok. If you can't animate, then strive to learn, it's not hard. If you don't have the possibility, then make an anim transfer (if you don't know how, learn/ask). Releasing these models is mandatory, so people can check the animations => texturing the model is also mandatory. Don't get scared, for the mesh must be a very low-poly one and you'll have plenty of time for anims and uv mapping and texturing.
    Mandatory animation set:
    - 2 stand anims
    - 1 walk
    - death + decay

Of course you can make more, like attack or more stand anims, but it's up to you.
    For animation/bone setup tutorials check the tutorial section and/or the Art Tools documentation. Good luck.
  • Rules:

- Face (triangle) limit: 200 (100 polygons);
    - Each submission must contain 2 images: a wireframe view of all sides of the mesh (left, front, top, prespective, etc; do that with a screenshot, not render) and an image with a beauty-render; the render quality does not matter, but try to emphasise your model and to capture it at it's best. If you're a geomerger, post an in-game screenshot;
    - You must do something strictly for this challenge, old work is not allowed;
    - You MUST submit at least 1 WIP image before the final image. If done otherwise, your entry shall not be taken into consideration;
    - One is allowed to submit more than 1 submission;
    - Winners shall be decided by public poll;
    - Submiting images that are not related to the challenge theme shall be disqualified* and penalised;
    - Submiting content that is inspired from somebody else's already submited entry (steal ideea) will result in disqualfication* and penalisation. BE ORIGINAL!
    - UVW unwraping or animation are not necessary (unles stated otherwise, like in this session), but if they'll be done, the mesh shall be regarded higher when the judging shall take place;
    - Any violation of the rules shall result in disqualification and/or penalisation;

*If disqualified, you won't be allowed to submit any entries to the session you were disqualified from and your submission shall be deleted. Penalisation = negative rep.

Have fun and keep em coming
Old 02-07-2006, 04:28 PM   #2
Dionesiist
User

Submissions (34)

Dionesiist is just really nice (382)Dionesiist is just really nice (382)Dionesiist is just really nice (382)Dionesiist is just really nice (382)Dionesiist is just really nice (382)

You said we're gonna have weapons!

Last edited by Dionesiist : 02-07-2006 at 04:28 PM.
Old 02-07-2006, 04:42 PM   #3
Whitehorn
SPOON!

Respected User

Submissions (114)

Whitehorn is a name known to all (509)Whitehorn is a name known to all (509)Whitehorn is a name known to all (509)Whitehorn is a name known to all (509)Whitehorn is a name known to all (509)

No he didn't.

Be excellent to each other.
Old 02-07-2006, 04:42 PM   #4
TDR
♪♫

Submissions (84)

TDR has much to be proud of (701)TDR has much to be proud of (701)TDR has much to be proud of (701)TDR has much to be proud of (701)TDR has much to be proud of (701)

Hero Contest #2 - 3rd PlaceConcept art session 6 - Sea dwellersModeling session 3 - Critters

@dionesiist: You have freakin halucinations or something?

And I'm going to do a possum, just for you to know.
Old 02-07-2006, 04:50 PM   #5
Dionesiist
User

Submissions (34)

Dionesiist is just really nice (382)Dionesiist is just really nice (382)Dionesiist is just really nice (382)Dionesiist is just really nice (382)Dionesiist is just really nice (382)

If you want a critter, then I'll make a Worg.. (My style!)
Old 02-07-2006, 05:00 PM   #6
Zapp90
User

Submissions (6)

Zapp90 will become famous soon enough (34)Zapp90 will become famous soon enough (34)

I started on a aligator/croc thing... Let's see if I can figure out how to animate for wc3. :)

Last edited by Zapp90 : 02-07-2006 at 05:01 PM.
Old 02-07-2006, 05:43 PM   #7
Whitehorn
SPOON!

Respected User

Submissions (114)

Whitehorn is a name known to all (509)Whitehorn is a name known to all (509)Whitehorn is a name known to all (509)Whitehorn is a name known to all (509)Whitehorn is a name known to all (509)

Obligatory wip.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg hhwip.jpg (31.6 KB, 327 views)

Old 02-07-2006, 06:16 PM   #8
Mc !
Master Creator !

Acting art director
Project Member: WotTH

Submissions (101)

Mc ! has a reputation beyond repute (1117)Mc ! has a reputation beyond repute (1117)Mc ! has a reputation beyond repute (1117)Mc ! has a reputation beyond repute (1117)Mc ! has a reputation beyond repute (1117)Mc ! has a reputation beyond repute (1117)Mc ! has a reputation beyond repute (1117)

Hero Contest #3 - 2nd PlaceModeling session 2 - Chimeras

Send a message via MSN to Mc !

got question can the mesh use blizz textures?

Awesomeness = #Rep / #Posts

Last edited by Mc ! : 02-07-2006 at 06:21 PM.
Old 02-07-2006, 06:26 PM   #9
Whitehorn
SPOON!

Respected User

Submissions (114)

Probably, but people will frown upon it.

But it takes a whole 15 minutes to skin a critter.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg hhwip3.jpg (33.8 KB, 342 views)

Old 02-07-2006, 06:34 PM   #10
TDR
♪♫

Submissions (84)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mc !
got question can the mesh use blizz textures?

If you're too lazy to make a texture by yourself, yes.
Old 02-07-2006, 07:03 PM   #11
Dionesiist
User

Submissions (34)

A WIP of my model. It's a worg... puppy! Hah Hah Hah. I said I'll make a Worg, I never said what age. Not animated, nor skinned
Attached Images
File Type: png WIP1.PNG (30.6 KB, 316 views)
Old 02-07-2006, 07:08 PM   #12
Whitehorn
SPOON!

Respected User

Submissions (114)

Nice frog edit.

Now watch my Hedgehog dance!
Attached Images
File Type: gif hhstand1.gif (33.8 KB, 788 views)

Old 02-07-2006, 07:24 PM   #13
Orc Dork
User

Orc Dork is on a distinguished road (20)

Wow, nice Hedgehog. I couldn't make anything close to that...

You should make a dead possom for TDR!

FEAR THE UBER HORDE BABY

*JohnFN's Apprentice*

Will work for rep!
BTW: ... --- .-. .-. -.-- ..-. --- .-. --. . - - .. -. --. -.-- --- ..- .--. .-. . --. -. .- -. -

Warning: This Link Contains A Virus
Old 02-07-2006, 07:33 PM   #14
Whitehorn
SPOON!

Respected User

Submissions (114)

TDR is already doing a Possum.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg hhwip4.jpg (206.7 KB, 380 views)

Old 02-07-2006, 07:42 PM   #15
Dionesiist
User

Submissions (34)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitehorn
Nice frog edit.
Does that mean I'm disqualified?