wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Warcraft III Modding > Artist's Corner > Concept Art / Fan Art
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Old 01-11-2006, 02:37 AM   #1
LightKirtar
User

Respected User

Submissions (3)

LightKirtar will become famous soon enough (32)LightKirtar will become famous soon enough (32)

Default All hell's broken lose

Well, after a long time I didnt see the site came back and decided to do one more stop and show any progress so far. Cheers

Here's a bit more of an experiment. This was a warm up for doing a real one of these, but I haven't gotten around to it. This is an exact copy of a traditional charcoal drawing. I only spent around 8 hours on it. This is the process of it, the one on the right in photos is the original.

LightKirtar is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 01-11-2006, 03:42 AM   #2
icbm1987
Lost Knight

Concept Art Moderator

Submissions (2)

icbm1987 has a spectacular aura about (110)icbm1987 has a spectacular aura about (110)icbm1987 has a spectacular aura about (110)icbm1987 has a spectacular aura about (110)

Concept art session 5 - Super Villains

Send a message via AIM to icbm1987 Send a message via MSN to icbm1987

Wow...

*pat on the back*

Sorry dude... I don't have any crits for ya...

icbm1987

Lost upon the winds of time...

Searching... for his lost Lord.
icbm1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006, 07:38 AM   #3
Vig0r
Crabpork

Vig0r has a spectacular aura about (80)Vig0r has a spectacular aura about (80)Vig0r has a spectacular aura about (80)

Send a message via MSN to Vig0r

Woah... I love the style.
Muchus Kudos.
Vig0r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006, 09:59 AM   #4
Noxer
User

Noxer is on a distinguished road (15)

I like the GUN head!!

Zoom (requires log in)

Noxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006, 05:49 PM   #5
erwtenpeller
*****istrator

Art Director

Submissions (35)

erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (922)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (922)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (922)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (922)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (922)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (922)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (922)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (922)

Skinning Contest 7 ~ Were-AnimalsConcept art session 3 - Dungeon

verry, verry nice stuff. You have improved quite a bit since i last saw your work kudos indeed.

Now enter the contest you bum. The weekly one.
Old 01-11-2006, 09:11 PM   #6
Flea-x
User

Flea-x has little to show at this moment (0)

I like the charcoal one, light. It's pretty awesome! gj
Flea-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006, 09:20 PM   #7
Candy_Warlock
Hottie

Submissions (3)

Candy_Warlock is a jewel in the rough (215)Candy_Warlock is a jewel in the rough (215)Candy_Warlock is a jewel in the rough (215)Candy_Warlock is a jewel in the rough (215)

Concept art session 2 - Battledroids

Sexy stuff. The gun guy looks like some wicked political art. ^^
Old 01-11-2006, 10:20 PM   #8
TDR
♪♫

Modeling & Gallery Moderator

Submissions (84)

TDR has much to be proud of (701)TDR has much to be proud of (701)TDR has much to be proud of (701)TDR has much to be proud of (701)TDR has much to be proud of (701)

Hero Contest #2 - 3rd PlaceConcept art session 6 - Sea dwellersModeling session 3 - Critters

OMG, LightKitar! Wellcome back dude! Kickass stuff...and you're only 14...you're uber talented.
Old 01-12-2006, 01:26 AM   #9
LightKirtar
User

Respected User

Submissions (3)

LightKirtar will become famous soon enough (32)LightKirtar will become famous soon enough (32)

Thanks alot for the encouragement guys! Id love to enter the weekly stuff, but with schoolwork and other stuff, I can barely find time to draw at all.
Old 01-12-2006, 07:16 AM   #10
FatUglyNakedGuy
User

FatUglyNakedGuy is on a distinguished road (21)

Wow light.. i can seriously say that i'm impressed w/ how much you have improved. Your painting skills, and use of lines and textures are great man. Keep up the good work.
FatUglyNakedGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2006, 07:21 AM   #11
kimchi man
User

kimchi man has little to show at this moment (8)

holy toleedo batman! you definetly have improved alot! these are really inspiring. I really like the 1st and 3rd one. the 1st one he looks like some sort of little gnome creature and the colors on him are primo man

Theses are awesome technially, but I would like to see something more conceptual from you. like warriors, commics, and all that good stuff. you know like illustration stuff....you know what i mean?
kimchi man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2006, 10:13 AM   #12
LightKirtar
User

Respected User

Submissions (3)

Thanks again, im glad the work has payed off haha.
Kimchi- I guess I dont feel im really ready for that stuff. This is the stuff I sort of had fun with, primaraly im just sticking to training anatomy and from reference. Plenty of time to enjoy it later, for now I just want to improve .
Old 01-14-2006, 11:26 AM   #13
TDR
♪♫

Modeling & Gallery Moderator

Submissions (84)

TDR has much to be proud of (701)TDR has much to be proud of (701)TDR has much to be proud of (701)TDR has much to be proud of (701)TDR has much to be proud of (701)

Hero Contest #2 - 3rd PlaceConcept art session 6 - Sea dwellersModeling session 3 - Critters

How can you not be ready? A 3 year old brat is ready, but all he does looks like crap (personal experience). If you consider that you're not ready for "that stuff", I respect that opinion, but how in gore's name did you reach that conclusion? Did you try to draw something "conceptual" and didn't turned out as you expected?
Old 01-14-2006, 03:12 PM   #14
erwtenpeller
*****istrator

Art Director

Submissions (35)

erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (922)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (922)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (922)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (922)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (922)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (922)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (922)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (922)

Skinning Contest 7 ~ Were-AnimalsConcept art session 3 - Dungeon

just go for it. its all good.
Old 01-15-2006, 06:50 AM   #15
LightKirtar
User

Respected User

Submissions (3)

Alright, i'll try and explain what I meant best as I can. I do plenty of studies in order to understand how things such as cloth and muscles work. However, every time I draw from memory or imagination, I make huge mistakes in tons of diffrent factors and every time I do it just feels like this mistake gets imbedded into my knowledge and it'll take even more work to get rid of. So basically, I just want to get a solid foundation so that these mistakes dont just set me back further. Or maybe I just put too much thought into it and im an idiot. Either way works .